An New SJ Stars Game!!!!!

Confirmed Series:

Naruto

One Piece 

Bleach 

Dragon Ball

Rurouni Kenshin

Toriko

And some Police series (whose Name I've forgotten)

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:43 AM

I so hope this comes to the states, it looks amazing!

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#3 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:48 AM

I so hope this comes to the states, it looks amazing!

Never will, so many licensing issues in the states. Viz, Funimation and others would all need to play ball. 

The good news is, it's going to be avail.able on PS3/PSVita, both of which are region free. So you can import it. I probably will, Kenshin got me pretty hype.

Oh, how I loved the Jump Stars Games on DS, so good. Though I'm fine with the new battle system being implemented here. Hopefully hacking won't be an issue.

Contributing screens!

jstars-03458.jpg

jstars-02881.jpg

\

#4 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:37 AM

http://www.saiyanisl...y-vs-trailer-2/

An New SJ Stars Game!!!!!

And some Police series (whose Name I've forgotten)

very sad you forgot Kochikame which is the longest running series in Jump and the series some people will buy the magazine just to read lol

978-4-08-870681-8.jpg

volume 186 baby !!!!! ha ha

Edited by Verilance, 02 August 2013 - 06:37 AM.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#5 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:48 PM

Ah, Thanks for the info. More shame on me Cause I played Jump Ultimate stars too, :P

#6 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:12 PM

Oh my gosh, can you imagine who would win in a theoretical match-up between Goku, Ichigo, and Naruto? D:

#7 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:30 PM

Oh my gosh, can you imagine who would win in a theoretical match-up between Goku, Ichigo, and Naruto? D:

994873_535086099892145_2063074619_n.png

SK-303_image007.jpg

#8 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:09 PM

Never will, so many licensing issues in the states. Viz, Funimation and others would all need to play ball. 

The good news is, it's going to be avail.able on PS3/PSVita, both of which are region free. So you can import it. I probably will, Kenshin got me pretty hype.

Uh... that didn't stop games that have different licenses, such as the recent release Project X Zone, which combining Capcom, Namco Bandai and Sega characters in one game and Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, which that game itself was in that category because the Tatsunoko cast were owned by different licenses in the US. (Good thing about these games are that they kept the Japanese VAs and just translate most of the dialogue).

Knowing this, I bet Namco Bandai will get it release in the West when it get enough praise, since they already have Dragonball, Naruto and Rurouni Kenshin in their libraries, and I'm pretty sure One Piece is in this as well with their recent game coming out. The only thing I may worry is will they bring in the English VAs or follow the similar route with similar games such as Project X Zone.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#9 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:46 PM

Uh... that didn't stop games that have different licenses, such as the recent release Project X Zone, which combining Capcom, Namco Bandai and Sega characters in one game and Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, which that game itself was in that category because the Tatsunoko cast were owned by different licenses in the US. (Good thing about these games are that they kept the Japanese VAs and just translate most of the dialogue).

Knowing this, I bet Namco Bandai will get it release in the West when it get enough praise, since they already have Dragonball, Naruto and Rurouni Kenshin in their libraries, and I'm pretty sure One Piece is in this as well with their recent game coming out. The only thing I may worry is will they bring in the English VAs or follow the similar route with similar games such as Project X Zone.

Uh, we're not talking about video game franchises. Sega, Namco and Capcom own their licensing rights in the east and west.

While Shueisha has everything in Japan, it is split up in the west. Viz, Funimation and others own the distributing rights, the marketing right etc.  They all go off on their own and contract the VA's for the work too.

Maybe they could try and bring it over with the japanese dubs, but I don't see why. The DS games never came, and DS has a huge install base worldwide. Having to make the game in japan, and then getting the western companies to be involved or at least not contest the western release would be too much work.

\

#10 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:36 PM

Uh, we're not talking about video game franchises. Sega, Namco and Capcom own their licensing rights in the east and west.

While Shueisha has everything in Japan, it is split up in the west. Viz, Funimation and others own the distributing rights, the marketing right etc.  They all go off on their own and contract the VA's for the work too.

Maybe they could try and bring it over with the japanese dubs, but I don't see why. The DS games never came, and DS has a huge install base worldwide. Having to make the game in japan, and then getting the western companies to be involved or at least not contest the western release would be too much work.

They are still consider licenses, no matter what type they were. For Project X Zone, the game was created from a different developer. Capcom, Sega and Namco Bandai were the producers and hold the rights of the characters chosen, even the ones that the Western public NEVER even heard of because they didn't not localize certain games of the said characters appeared in. Keep in mind that, although they hold the rights of the characters, settings, etc, its actually the developers' properties. Examples are Viewtiful Joe and Bayonetta, rights owned by Capcom for the former and for the latter, Sega, but own by separated developer companies.  And when it came to localization to the West, Katsuhiro Harada, producer of Tekken, proposed it. 

As I said before, Tatsunoko is an anime/manga company like Shueisha. And it was considered a problem for Capcom when trying to localize TvC to the west because all of those characters were localized by different American/European companies, one of them was Time Warner. The only solution was to get rid most of the music from the original game (because music as well was licensed), create new pieces, kept the Japanese VAs and deleted one character, Hakushon Daimon (which that character himself was very difficult, not to mention unpopular to the players), add 5 new characters like Joe and Zero for Ultimate All-Stars update. Not to mention to get the approval.

For most of the anime/manga Shonen Jump provided here in the US, its only Viz because they own the main mangas, well mostly ALL of the manga that is considered Shonen. Funimation only have rights for certain animes and VAs (Dragonball and One Piece for examples). 

And you have to remember at the time, those games, even the D.O.N. Battle for Gamecube, didn't get that much attention to the Western public (except for Jump Ultimate All-Stars because that was imported to certain Best Buy stores). Now, we have social media, if many fans gives enough demand and attention to Namco Bandai, they will listen to the fans and localize it.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#11 LadyGT

LadyGT

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts
  • Interests:Drawing pretty much everything that defines "randomness".

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:20 PM

I would buy a PS3 only for this game, only to see Gintoki doing the Kamehameha.
I want it.

aw9vkj.gif

#12 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 05:29 PM

Well I think it needs to be said but I got a copy of the game! Need a PS4 though

#13 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 06:32 PM

Well I think it needs to be said but I got a copy of the game! Need a PS4 though

I would buy it to give some pegasus ryu sei ken to Naruto, but Naruto is in there and besides I will buy Saint Seiya Soldier's Soul.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#14 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 10:24 PM

I bought the game with that intent in mind , believe me. :chuckle:  :P and for many other infinitely more cool shonen MCs to kick the kittens of of Narutard Scumzamaki. Well actually I need the Last version of him for that to be official ,but that doesn't stop my rage and subsequent joy of kicking his butt. WORST mistake of my life was following this series to the degree I did

Edited by Phantom_999, 11 October 2015 - 12:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users