• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Popuri

Popuri

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,393 posts
  • Interests:Sequel of Final Mission Status!

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:51 AM

As what you can read on the title, it's a Gundam thread. I make it so that we can discuss about any series of Gundam. I decided to make it in one place since there's not many of us who talk about it, so collect it in one thread might be better.

Gundam is mecha anime, that is produced by Sunrise. Every series set in different timeline.

For starter, Gundam 00.

I'm watching Gundam 00 now when I'm not watching Gintama. So far, I have watched two episodes of it and it reminds me a lot to Gundam Wing (is it just me?). Exia, Setsuna's Gundam, looks a little similar with Wing, Heero's Gundam, in its colour scheme, weapon - something that is not beam saber, and of course beam saber, still don't know if it has bustle riffle, and of course the "wing". Then Lockon's Gundam, that is similar with Trowa's Gundam in it's weapon (what do you call that big gun?) although Lockon's is so much better. The colour is similar also.

About Gundam Wing.

I didn't expect to like this. Because I when I watched it, I had no choice. At that hour, it was only GW that was being broadcased. I started to like it from a few years ago. It's been said (possibly from amateur reviewer which I read long time ago) that if you want to see attractive gundam pilots (taste can be different), you might want to watch GW. Also, I said that I only watch two gundam anime. Recently I read someone's comment from another Forum about most girls in GW that they are quite great even without piloting Gundam, not like other series that have one or two pilot girl but they aren't .. great? Idk.

Anyone else Gundam fans? Let's talk about it :happy:

PS. If you have checked Gundam Wing frozen Teardrop, let me know what you think of it. I have heard disappointment and excitement that seems to be in balance portion.

Edited by Popuri, 04 September 2015 - 02:37 AM.

Even a rock has something it can be used for. There's a way for them to shine that even a jewel can't compare to - Sakamochi Tatsuma :lulz:

#2 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:03 PM

I've only watched Gundam Wing. Really enjoyed it as a kid, and one of my fondest childhood memories. :D

Freaking loved "Just Communication"!!!!!!!! 

Well no that's not actualy true I've watched a bit of Gundam Seed, but didn't enjoy it too much -_-  

Edited by Phantom_999, 03 September 2015 - 08:12 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts
  • Interests:Games, Anime, OUAT....stuff I can't remember...and music!

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:28 PM

I watch G Gundam, SD Gundam, Gundam Wing, Gundam F91, Gundam 0083, Gundam 00, Gundam SEED and SEED DESTINY....I was a huge gundam fan...lol But I love SEED the most unlike alot of people who seem to not enjoy it xD

tumblr_m8a1skcZ6M1rx8yloo1_500.jpg

Joui Four

#4 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

Posted 03 September 2015 - 10:26 PM

I watch G Gundam, SD Gundam, Gundam Wing, Gundam F91, Gundam 0083, Gundam 00, Gundam SEED and SEED DESTINY....I was a huge gundam fan...lol But I love SEED the most unlike alot of people who seem to not enjoy it xD

Seed too much drama for me :(

I've watched all those expect for F91 and 0083, but I have watched the first Gundam :lmao:...Oh and I saw Unicorn.

Edited by Gaara's hair, 03 September 2015 - 10:29 PM.

#5 Popuri

Popuri

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,393 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:07 AM

I've only watched Gundam Wing. Really enjoyed it as a kid, and one of my fondest childhood memories. :D

Freaking loved "Just Communication"!!!!!!!! 

Well no that's not actualy true I've watched a bit of Gundam Seed, but didn't enjoy it too much -_-

Me too :D I watched Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny but it so many drama so I didn't even finish it's half of the season. :sweat:

A friend of mine also like it. I even try to translate it into my native language. I rarely do that, so I take it that I really really like the songs. 

Was? :argh: What is it now? Gintama fan? :hm:

Seed too much drama for me :(

I've watched all those expect for F91 and 0083, but I have watched the first Gundam :lmao:...Oh and I saw Unicorn.

Yes, Hair-chan, me too :comfort2: Seed really has tons of drama.
May I ask you? If a person like GW and G00, then what other gundam series that are recomended to be watched?

Edited by Popuri, 04 September 2015 - 12:08 AM.

Even a rock has something it can be used for. There's a way for them to shine that even a jewel can't compare to - Sakamochi Tatsuma :lulz:

#6 Popuri

Popuri

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,393 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:11 AM

I found this article yesterday. This article is meant to help anyone if you want to watch Gundam series but don't know where to start. There's subjective point of view also tho - http://www.kotaku.co...e-here-to-help/

Edited by Popuri, 04 September 2015 - 12:11 AM.

#7 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:21 AM

Me too :D I watched Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny but it so many drama so I didn't even finish it's half of the season. :sweat:

A friend of mine also like it. I even try to translate it into my native language. I rarely do that, so I take it that I really really like the songs. 

May I ask you? If a person like GW and G00, then what other gundam series that are recomended to be watched?

I would go for Gundam 0083, with Amuro Ray I think his name is..lol By was...I mean I haven't really notice much Gundam series lately and I always watched them dubbed over subs...xD

Joui Four

#8 Popuri

Popuri

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,393 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:33 AM

Gundam 0083. Noted. Although it's still long way to go since I still have Gintama and G00 :P

Always watch anime in subs than dubbed. I like the macho voice of male characters from japanese seiyuu :lulz:

Edited by Popuri, 04 September 2015 - 12:34 AM.

#9 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:14 AM

I recommend watching G00 again after you've watched it :fu: But really, I don't know about any series to recommend :argh:

I would go for Gundam 0083, with Amuro Ray I think his name is..lol By was...I mean I haven't really notice much Gundam series lately and I always watched them dubbed over subs...xD

Amuro only came out in the first ones didn't he :umm: G Gundam dub is nice. 

Masterrrrr :argh:

Look Domon the east :argh:

Is burning red :argh:

:lulz:

#10 Popuri

Popuri

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,393 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:24 AM

Is Domon the gundam pilot who is funny? :lulz:

#11 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:03 AM

I recommend watching G00 again after you've watched it :fu: But really, I don't know about any series to recommend :argh:

Amuro only came out in the first ones didn't he :umm: G Gundam dub is nice. 

Masterrrrr :argh:

Look Domon the east :argh:

Is burning red :argh:

:lulz:

Yeah I think so xD BURNING FINGER!! Though...he used a whole hand...

Joui Four

#12 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:07 AM

Yeah I think so xD BURNING FINGER!! Though...he used a whole hand...

Burning hand :argh: Sounds kinda dumb, no?

Is Domon the gundam pilot who is funny? :lulz:

I just find him funny XD With all his exaggerated yelling in the english dub. I've never watched G Gundam with subs.

#13 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:45 PM

Gundam, the game of throne of anime.
The pioneer of real mech.
No one safe bar main character, because the show creator love to kill em all. Mostly happen in the old series.

Oh and char expy.
So, sick Zeon lol.

#14 Popuri

Popuri

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,393 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 01:00 AM

Doesn't happen in GW tho, I'm glad :P
What is expy and Zeon? :fu: Gundam's name?

#15 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 01:08 AM

Back then the guy who made the older series was going through depression soooo. Characters were sure to die.

#16 Popuri

Popuri

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,393 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 01:11 AM

Does it even have relation? :huh: But I usually like when the chars die when it's needed. Ahhh, you remind me to Gen Urobutchi.

Anyway, Gaara's Hair is everyone's lovely hair :shock: Not a Gundam! :lmao:

#17 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 01:18 AM

Does it even have relation? :huh: But I usually like when the chars die when it's needed. Ahhh, you remind me to Gen Urobutchi.

Anyway, Gaara's Hair is everyone's lovely hair :shock: Not a Gundam! :lmao:

He was killing them, because of it. People began to think that he was trying to destroy the Gundam series :P But once he got over his depression he tried to not kill as many people.

Doesn't it always :fu: Gundam hair.

#18 Popuri

Popuri

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,393 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 01:22 AM

He was killing them, because of it. People began to think that he was trying to destroy the Gundam series :P But once he got over his depression he tried to not kill as many people.

Doesn't it always :fu: Gundam hair.

Who is "he"? I only know Katsuyuki Sumisawa (I'm afraid it's not Katsuyuki tho) <-- said a person who said interested in Gundam but until now doesn't realy know much about it :lmao:

Since when! :twitch: Once it was "If you have bad hair day, it's not my fault".

Edited by Popuri, 06 September 2015 - 01:23 AM.

#19 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 01:35 AM

Who is "he"? I only know Katsuyuki Sumisawa (I'm afraid it's not Katsuyuki tho) &lt;-- said a person who said interested in Gundam but until now doesn't realy know much about it :lmao:

Since when! :twitch: Once it was "If you have bad hair day, it's not my fault".

Yoshiyuki Tomino.

Since a few months ago! That was during anicent times :fu:

#20 Popuri

Popuri

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,393 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 09:29 AM

Just read some updates on Frozen Teardrop. To be exact, just some lines and gave up. I wonder why I try to catch up eventhought I know some old fans said that FT is really weird with those new characters who looks like the original characters.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sunrise, gundam, mecha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users