#21 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (narukunsakuchan @ Jul 29 2010, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone get the feeling that that was kishi taking a stab at NaruHina fans for all the hate mail against sakura?

I don't care what everyone else thinks, but i'd say this is the biggest narusaku booster we've ever had.

#22 Power06

Power06

NaruSaku drug addict

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:42 PM

Man, I dont cry for things like these, but this one just broke me. It was useless trying to fight back tears. This was epic, now Minato and Kushina can finally rest in peace. As for Naruto, I believe this gave him a new drive to become even greater.

#23 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:46 PM

Wow....well it's official Kushina is by far the best female charactor Kishi has ever written, no doubt if she'd survived she'd have given Naruto enough advice to woo Sakura before they even graduated from the academy.

So no wierd girls for Naruto poor Hinata all this time we thought he didn't notice her because he was dense, turns out he was just being a good son and following his mothers advice....lol Looks like he took her advice to heart, even less than a day old...well except the listening to the academy teacher part, well he did only after he graduated...lol

Next week we will see one serious badarse Naruto, poor Kisame is going to get a serious arsekicking.

iAnby7W.gif

#24 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:47 PM

33 User(s) are reading this topic (13 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)20 Members: Uzumakikage, Hak, Nee-sama, soot-r, harry4e, Quinny52, iwant2bnaruto, ShippudenGirl, archangel, naruto-z, Power06, narukunsakuchan, Paradox Jast, ciardha, Evil Potato, dfammer, Icarus_use_FLY, pharix, tricksie, Muttz

Awesome, haven't seen this many members on one thread in a while.

Edited by Uzumakikage, 29 July 2010 - 07:59 PM.

#25 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:50 PM

<< Bawling my eyes out! can you feel the love!? I love that last frame of naruto, one word comes to mind to describe his face: absolution.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#26 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:54 PM

I don't usually cry over emotional scenes like this, but I felt my eyes starting to water.

Seems Momma knows best afterall, although the warning about Jiraiya was a bit of a lost cause.laugh.gif.

All in all, I think this chapter was worth the wait. Thank you, Minato & Kushina. R.I.P. (bows head)

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#27 narukunsakuchan

narukunsakuchan

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:57 PM

I just find it an awesome moment altogether one of the most heartwrenching. I find it more interesting that other than the fight with itachi, that when it is about sasuke I am bored of the manga. But when chapters are about naruto like this, I get soo sucked into it.

AWESOME CHAPTER NOW BRING ON KYUUBI NARUTO VERSION 3.0
He is her earth, her foundation upon which to grow, and she is his heaven, his peace and tranquilty and also his reason to shoot for the stars.

#28 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:58 PM

shamefulcry0js.gif

so yeah, Kushina's badass. that claw grabbing thing reminded me of Sakura vs Sasori :O

#29 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Jul 29 2010, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome, haven't seen this many members on one thread in a while. smile.gif

Why not this is a pretty big deal! Something so heartwrenching and kyuubi stags them before Kushina finally agrees, then that talk and baby Naruto smiling, why'd she leave so soon!?! arg.gif shamefulcry0js.gif She's one of the best characters!

She could've been more obvious toward you know what!

Edited by Insurrection, 29 July 2010 - 08:01 PM.

#30 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:01 PM

Too late.. I cried... Wow... Thatwas absolutely the most amazing chapter by far... And damn- narusaku ftw... Just... Wow... TT^TT

#31 Eric

Eric

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:05 PM

shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif Wow this chapter is awesome and it makes me sad too that naruto's parents give up their lives to keep naruto alive, man this is made me cry. And NaruSaku got a BIG win from Kushina lol

#32 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:15 PM

Kushina noooooooo!! arg.gif Why did she have to leave?! We'll miss you! shamefulcry0js.gif

#33 soot-r

soot-r

Deva Path

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (pharix @ Jul 29 2010, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
shamefulcry0js.gif

so yeah, Kushina's badass. that claw grabbing thing reminded me of Sakura vs Sasori :O

this got me thinking, maybe we aren't going to see Kushina in action.

#34 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:21 PM

Yeah, she left so suddenly... But wow, that was so sad! At least we know get to see Naruto control Kyûbi! (And I actually think Guy is gonna be the one to fight Kisame)

#35 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:26 PM

Okay I was confused so I looked this up. Because onemanga hasn't shutdown yet for being a zombie.

Page Eight, Chapter 39

Who Naruto thinks is a Weirdo

Panel 3, Naruto's viewpoint.

Edited by Insurrection, 29 July 2010 - 08:36 PM.

#36 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:31 PM

Thank you, Insurrection. My new favorite word is weirdo.

#37 Kenny-kun

Kenny-kun

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:43 PM

So I decided to cruise the onemanga forums to see the general consensus on this chapter when it came to the NaruSaku hint. And boy do people come out of the woodwork.

A couple of people have told me that Naruto hasn't listened to ANY of the advice Kushina has given him in this chapter. Others are saying I'm delusional for making comparisons between Sakura and Kushina as they are hardly alike. Another said that Hinata is more similar to Kushina than Sakura is.

I think I liked this post the best:
And saying Sakura is like Kushina is pretty damn funny.
Kushina was a hot-head who spoke without thinking, sucked at ninjutsu and beat anyone who insulted her to near death.
Sakura is someone who never spoke without thinking (hence inner-sakura), was shown to have exceptional chakra control and a fast learner and always hid behind Ino as a child and now hides behind Naruto (to be more precise, Naruto is the only person she ever hits).

The only thing they have in common is anger issues, aside from that they are absolutely nothing alike, hell Tsunade and Ino are a lot more like Kushina.

Lets also add the "not weird one" part, which one is the weird one
Hinata, who saw what Naruto truly was inside and idolizes him and wants to be like him or Sakura, who even after all these years and even 2 attempts at her life still loves Sasuke (she flatout stated Naruto was going to reunite the team after the fight and thanked him)

In the end this was still the ramblings of his dying mother, who even went as far as to state she didn't know what to say before saying it.
Good stuff.

#38 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:46 PM

PAGE 12

WINNNN!!!!

Don't pick a weird one, try to find someone like your mother xD

He followed most of the things that his mother wished upon him.

xept fussy eating...too much Ramen xD oh and being careful with Jiraiya...listening to his teachers was another one, and he did listen to Iruka, and Kakashi, as well as Jiraiya. Most of the skills he got, he got them from remembering what his teachers taught him.

Edited by Strangelove, 29 July 2010 - 09:00 PM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#39 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (Chivalrysae @ Jul 29 2010, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow. I think the actual chapter was much more touching than I had anticipated. Especially them fending off the Kyuubi to save Naruto. Just imagine how powerful the Kyuubi would have been at full strength.

There has always been talk of the "evil" part of the Kyuubi being sealed apart from Naruto, and the good half in Naruto. But in the sealing scene, there isn't any mention of it from Minato. Leads me to wonder if there really is a major difference between the two halves. Especially since the half that's in Naruto isn't really all rainbows and butterflies.

It was not "Evil" chakra, it was the Yin half. Yin and Yang are not good and evil, they are simply opposites. I'll keep repeating this until I die if I have to!

QUOTE (narukunsakuchan @ Jul 29 2010, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone get the feeling that that was kishi taking a stab at NaruHina fans for all the hate mail against sakura?

Sounds like it. There's no reason to use that particular wording otherwise.

Still hate Minato. He sounded like an idiot in this chapter. "I'm going to kill myself because I'd never be as good a parent as you." What type of insane troll logic is that?!

Kushina, on the other hand, is one of my absolutely favorite manga mommies ever. You can tell that she would have been a fantastic mom, and a loving one as well. The fact that, from her own description, she's exactly like Naruto makes me incredibly happy.

Naruto's an adorable puppy on that last page, though. The fact that he can let all of that go, and still be happy about it, just shows why he's the main character. He forgives all of that, and manages to smile through everything. Gah, I just wanna hug him. wub.gif

#40 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:10 PM

Yeah- Minato did sound a bit... Suicidal?

@Kenny-kun

FAIL! XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users