• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

#61 nikki1314

nikki1314

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:NARUSAKU , FANFICS , NARUSAK.. oh ive said that.. MUSIC , Photography and NARUSAKU!

Posted 19 December 2015 - 10:55 AM

I was FORCE'd to watch this when my coworkers found out that I have not seen a single episode of starwars.

I bravely stormed the cinemas with my friends armed with a 7 minute knowledge of the past 6 episodes (from YT) , got myselft a tumblr with a wookie toy and popcorn and ventured into the unknown.

and i got to say its pretty good and a newbie like me understood it pretty well. They did a great job making sure that its not just for old fans but new movie goers as well.  

5/5 :)

-Naruto ending gets released- 

Kishi: Honey, I’m home! 

His wife:

tumblr_inline_nw89a6rhAY1smwzjq_500.gif

#62 milan kyuubi

milan kyuubi

YATO

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts
  • Interests:Nothing.....somthing.....dunno.......

Posted 19 December 2015 - 11:23 AM

Interesting thing Kevin Smith brought up on Screenjunkies movie fight! Now all 6 movies are prequels! :sweat: :lmao:

Yp330yZ.gif

#63 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga, history, unexplained mysteries, linguistics, geology, astrology, astro physics, chemistry, astronomy, sport cars, and racing cars, monster trucks, quantum mechanics and particle physics

Anime/Manga - Gaming

NaruSaku, Ash x Misty, (Pokyshiping) Ichigo x Rukia, Kiba/Hinata, Ichigo x Orihime, Uryū x Orihime, Cullen x Amell, Alastair x Warden, Cullen x Female Inqustior Ed x Winnry, Spike x May Valatine, Kaiden Alekno x Female Shepard, Garus x Female Shepard, Joker x Female Shepard, Angg x Katara, Zuko x Katara, Mako x Kora ( Avatar the last air bender - Legend of Kora) I don't see the ending of Kora as canon since its more of a fan service ending, since the canon pairing is not a properly developed paring.

VLD pairing: Plance, Shiro x Adam, Hunk x Shay, Kallura
    anti Allurance

The Dragon Prince: Cullum x Rayla

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)
    Angel x Buffy, Buffy x Spike, Angel x Cordila Chase (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Booth x Bones (bones)
    Tony x Ziva David, Abby x Timothy McGee, Timothy x Delia (NCIS)
    Dean x Castiel, Sam x Gabriel, Sam x Elaine, Dean x Jo (Supernatural)

Comics parings: Supes x Lois Lang, Peter Parker x Mary Jay Waston, Captian x Black Widow, Hawke Eye x Black Widow, Jean Grey x Cyclops, Jean x Wolverine, Rouge x Gambit, Batman x Slilena Kyle, Bruce x Black Widow

Movies pairings: Jurassic Park series (Owen x Claire, Malcome x Sarah) Han x Leia, Luke x Maria Jade, Finn x Rey, FinnPoe (Star Wars)

Dislikes Supes x Wonder Woman, as it's basically turns a feminist icon in to a baby maker, NaruHinata, Sasuke x Sakura abusive relationship ahoy.

Posted 19 December 2015 - 02:51 PM

I absolutely loved it, and I loved Rey and Finn's relationship growth through out the movie. They bicker like Han and Leia did lol

Edited by Ryriena, 19 December 2015 - 02:51 PM.

Them Duke boys never meant no harm.--------> my childhood.
Freedom of speech is no laughing matter, since it does take one person to stand up for the right too speak out.
firma__op__luffyxnami_nu__out__by_pjxd23

#64 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 19 December 2015 - 07:47 PM

I wrote a review, gave it a high 4 out of 5. You can read it with the Link<<<<

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#65 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 11:06 PM

Definitely a great addition to the franchise and an overall great movie.

Spoiler

2e5.gif

#66 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 21 December 2015 - 10:28 PM

I saw this yesterday actually and it was well worth the wait. The character were likeable like Poe, Finn, Rei, were good. It was nice to see the original character back again especially Han once last time. The ending where we see Luke was amazing. I'm kind of mixed on Kylo Ren so far I like the twist with him and Han but I still don't see him as a treat yet but it's only the first movie with him so they still have two movies to make him as good as Vader was. Cause let's be honest episode 4-6 Vader will never be topped. though I will say Kylo was done a bit better than Anakin was in the prequels. Hope Luke is around more in 8&9. Hope Kingdom Hearts III will be worth the 10 year wait next. 

#67 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 11:20 PM

I saw this yesterday actually and it was well worth the wait. The character were likeable like Poe, Finn, Rei, were good. It was nice to see the original character back again especially Han once last time. The ending where we see Luke was amazing. I'm kind of mixed on Kylo Ren so far I like the twist with him and Han but I still don't see him as a treat yet but it's only the first movie with him so they still have two movies to make him as good as Vader was. Cause let's be honest episode 4-6 Vader will never be topped. though I will say Kylo was done a bit better than Anakin was in the prequels. Hope Luke is around more in 8&9. Hope Kingdom Hearts III will be worth the 10 year wait next. 

Spoiler

2e5.gif

#68 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga, history, unexplained mysteries, linguistics, geology, astrology, astro physics, chemistry, astronomy, sport cars, and racing cars, monster trucks, quantum mechanics and particle physics

Anime/Manga - Gaming

NaruSaku, Ash x Misty, (Pokyshiping) Ichigo x Rukia, Kiba/Hinata, Ichigo x Orihime, Uryū x Orihime, Cullen x Amell, Alastair x Warden, Cullen x Female Inqustior Ed x Winnry, Spike x May Valatine, Kaiden Alekno x Female Shepard, Garus x Female Shepard, Joker x Female Shepard, Angg x Katara, Zuko x Katara, Mako x Kora ( Avatar the last air bender - Legend of Kora) I don't see the ending of Kora as canon since its more of a fan service ending, since the canon pairing is not a properly developed paring.

anti Allurance

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)
    Angel x Buffy, Buffy x Spike, Angel x Cordila Chase (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Booth x Bones (bones)

Comics parings: Supes x Lois Lang, Peter Parker x Mary Jay Waston, Captian x Black Widow, Hawke Eye x Black Widow, Jean Grey x Cyclops, Jean x Wolverine, Rouge x Gambit, Batman x Slilena Kyle, Bruce x Black Widow

Movies pairings: Jurassic Park series (Owen x Claire, Malcome x Sarah) Han x Leia, Luke x Maria Jade, Finn x Rey, FinnPoe (Star Wars)

Dislikes Supes x Wonder Woman, as it's basically turns a feminist icon in to a baby maker, NaruHinata, Sasuke x Sakura abusive relationship ahoy.

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:30 AM

I kind of agree that Kylo Ren didn't seem really threatening to me in the least. I also had some problems with the lore of the movie, and some problems with how the first order came into power. It also felt like I watching cut scenes from a video game in some parts of the film. However, I still loved it as a bridging gap between the last three and the new EU.
Freedom of speech is no laughing matter, since it does take one person to stand up for the right too speak out.

#69 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:20 AM

I kind of agree that Kylo Ren didn't seem really threatening to me in the least.

I actually found this to be fitting in a way. He's trying so hard to be Darth Vader, he's trying to replicate that. But the fact is, he's not, and the movie calls him out on that.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#70 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:26 AM

I kind of agree that Kylo Ren didn't seem really threatening to me in the least. I also had some problems with the lore of the movie, and some problems with how the first order came into power. It also felt like I watching cut scenes from a video game in some parts of the film. However, I still loved it as a bridging gap between the last three and the new EU.

Yeah, that's one of my complaints above - the lack of any even brief exposition on the First Order. All we know is that a lot of it is remnants of the Galactic Empire, but where did Snoke come from and how did he rally so much power? How is he able to train anyone in The Force? And so on. And that leads to my other complaint on why there's a "Resistance" if the New Republic is already established and how the First Order was able to rise to such power without the New Republic ever finding out and hitting them first, much less allowing them to construct a bigger threat than the first Death Star.

2e5.gif

#71 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:31 AM

Kylo ren will get redemption and join the light back, alive.
He could dead in the end of the trilogy.

#72 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 11:16 AM

I absolutely loved it, and I loved Rey and Finn's relationship growth through out the movie. They bicker like Han and Leia did lol

yes finn and rey had great moments i hope kishi watches the movie and realizes that could of been narusaku

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#73 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 11:59 AM

I watched it on Sunday And I gotta say I loved it!!!!!!

my thoughts

I've never watched Star Wars what is it about? (I'd rather read a short summary than wikipedia).

Uuh, I think someone else here would do a better job than me but long story short it's a science fiction all about exploring different planets across the universe, space dog fights, and Futuristic swordsmen/women called Jedi knights, etc. etc.

Well if it's too short, let me know. But I'm not good at short explanations so you may want to ask some one else for more specific yet brief details 

Edited by Phantom_999, 22 December 2015 - 12:09 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#74 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:05 PM

I watched it on Sunday And I gotta say I loved it!!!!!!

my thoughts

yeah when finn saw rey on the ground i was like kishi better watch this 

#75 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 04:51 PM

A few more thoughts after a second viewing

The Force Awakens

#76 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:32 PM

The Force Awakens

how was it upsetting?

#77 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:50 PM

how was it upsetting?

Perhaps a poor choice of words. I don't think Abrams is very good, and I was again disappointed the script didn't take more chances.

#78 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Anime/Manga - Gaming

anti Allurance

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)

Posted 22 December 2015 - 10:49 PM

The Force Awakens

In which parts exactly does, it hits at the receiving training in the films I might have missed it?

#79 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 03:51 AM

I think Doug Walker/The Nostalgia Critic said it best in that the "A New Hope" overlapping was partly a "prequel apology" by bringing things back to more like the classic Star Wars feel (more classic sci-fi action and the likes) while also being a safe way of setting things up for the next movies, and now Episodes VIII and IX could possibly, hopefully, go down their own, more unique paths and not simply overlap The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Similarities, sure, but not virtually scene-for-scene copies/pacing/etc.

2e5.gif

#80 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 06:09 AM

I think Doug Walker/The Nostalgia Critic said it best in that the "A New Hope" overlapping was partly a "prequel apology" by bringing things back to more like the classic Star Wars feel (more classic sci-fi action and the likes) while also being a safe way of setting things up for the next movies, and now Episodes VIII and IX could possibly, hopefully, go down their own, more unique paths and not simply overlap The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Similarities, sure, but not virtually scene-for-scene copies/pacing/etc.

yeah besides rey and finn are unique

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users