96 replies to this topic

#1 BabyVee

BabyVee

Academy Student

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:40 AM

I know I said I would leave but I decided to leave on an even better note! Here'a a bigger version of the cover of volume 64

No smiling and they are both staring at Neji? Are all worries gone now? hope so! Bye!

#2 Baguette

Baguette

だ る い

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:41 AM

inb4 people start griping again.

Edited by Baguette, 01 April 2013 - 04:53 AM.

Star Crossed Lovers

#3 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:49 AM

See. Nothing to worry about. Naruto looks determined. Hinata looks sad.
Nothing romantic here.

Just a friendship. A bond. Like a friendly pat on the back "We'll get through this."

Holding hands isn't JUST romantic.

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#4 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:56 AM

The cover still bothers me, but I won't go into it.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#5 neoshadow

neoshadow

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:59 AM

Umm Naruto? Hinata? You're facing the wrong way.

I really like the bird symbol the chakra surrounding Neji is making. The whole flaming look makes me think so much of a phoenix even though I don't think its supposed to represent that. I actually really like this cover, it's dynamic and it has a great sense of space about it.

#6 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:03 AM

They're facing away from the alliance.

This, imo, represents that Hinata ISN'T the heroine. If it was Naruto / Hinata in front of the alliance, with them all in the back, it could mean that Naruto and Hinata are leading the charge. But the way the image is drawn, it seems that is not the case. They're all the way in the back, not even facing anyone.

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#7 Tsubaki

Tsubaki

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:03 AM

I'm really more relieved now, There's any romantic undertone in this cover!

I hope this isn't just me being biased... But really, now that I saw the bigger version.. all my worries about this are gone. happy.gif

btw this cover is very pretty, I like Hinata's hair there

Sig by karudoll

#8 Sakura_Blossom

Sakura_Blossom

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:29 AM

No big deal, look at the finger of Naruto, he looks uncomfortable, as Naruto's hand does not fit with Hinata's hand. I bet my money that it fits the hand of Sakura. danarusakunp3.gif

Sorry, sorry, I could not resist LOOOL, I've been reading about it for some time and all I can think is "if some pages dedicated to these hands and too much of my time thinking about it, has not changed anything, not there is a cover which will " th_7eyytubokky7rehok1k.gif

Edited by Sakura_Blossom, 01 April 2013 - 06:12 AM.

#9 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:22 AM

See, guys? Neji is the focus of the cover, not Naruto and Hinata holding hands, and rightly so! In my opinion, Neji's death is far more superior than Naruto holding Hinata's hands. I'm glad that this highlights his final moment. I like this cover. a_thumbs.gif

#10 Hiraishin

Hiraishin

infinite

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:43 AM

I'm still not happy about the cover, but seeing a higher quality version makes me feel a little bit better. Glad they're looking at Neji, not each other (I thought Hinata was smiling at Naruto, I was just facepalm.png )

Now that I look at it, it kinda looks like Naruto and Hinata are going away together haha. Well, it's a nice cover. They all look like they're on fire lol.

narusaku_ss_by_Cynthi.jpg

#11 lord287

lord287

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:55 AM

Well I wont say all worries are gone since cover is still made with Naruto holding Hinata's hand doesnt matter if they are looking at each other or amiling etc.
I dont thinkwe have any cover with such an NS moment. Like I dont think during Pein arc we got the cover where sakura was calling for Naruto, Hugging him or cover for that arc where Sakura confessed and hugged Naruto. This cover point does fall into NH for sure, if u guys think otherwise then u might be in denial. Their has been long time since any NS happened so still thinking that kishi is fully going to end up with NS and denying his hints towards NH and his hints for showing feelings of sakura towards sasuke will not be correct.

REST IN PEACE

15 YEARS OF DEVELOPMENTS

#12 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:11 AM

So, this is the infamous cover. I won't deny that this is borderline canon people. Of all the events, and the focus is on the holding hands ;( Wow, Kishi, what have you done to your masterpiece... No more subtle romance. Instead of focus on the bond Naruto had with Neji, Kishi chose to present the half-baked and poorly developed romance with Hinata. Not happy. If it's the end game, then he didn't do enough development for them.

Frankly, the only good thing is those thought process regarding hand holding came from Hinata instead of Naruto. Ah well, I'll give it a rest wink.gif I hope Kishi won't destroy his own work. People love Naruto for the basic ingredients in story telling it has. A loser who work hard to reach his dream, never gives up and do whatever it takes to keep his loved ones happy.

Now I can only see Naruto as someone who can't keep his promise, talk big and idealistic ('no one will die in the war?') and become mentally weak to accept the fact that one of his comrades die... And worse, turned it as a plot device for a romance subplot to bloom out of nowhere.

I bet any Naruto fans or NS fans who has been following since over a decade ago will be disappointed. I know I am...

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#13 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Apr 1 2013, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
See, guys? Neji is the focus of the cover, not Naruto and Hinata holding hands, and rightly so! In my opinion, Neji's death is far more superior than Naruto holding Hinata's hands. I'm glad that this highlights his final moment. I like this cover. a_thumbs.gif

Yeah, seems like I'm not the only one in this then. Good to know. Sadly, those goggles are seal tight on the fans.

#14 Baguette

Baguette

だ る い

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:08 AM

QUOTE (lord287 @ Mar 31 2013, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I wont say all worries are gone since cover is still made with Naruto holding Hinata's hand doesnt matter if they are looking at each other or amiling etc.
I dont thinkwe have any cover with such an NS moment. Like I dont think during Pein arc we got the cover where sakura was calling for Naruto, Hugging him or cover for that arc where Sakura confessed and hugged Naruto. This cover point does fall into NH for sure, if u guys think otherwise then u might be in denial. Their has been long time since any NS happened so still thinking that kishi is fully going to end up with NS and denying his hints towards NH and his hints for showing feelings of sakura towards sasuke will not be correct.

QUOTE (Namaenash @ Apr 1 2013, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, this is the infamous cover. I won't deny that this is borderline canon people. Of all the events, and the focus is on the holding hands ;( Wow, Kishi, what have you done to your masterpiece... No more subtle romance. Instead of focus on the bond Naruto had with Neji, Kishi chose to present the half-baked and poorly developed romance with Hinata. Not happy. If it's the end game, then he didn't do enough development for them.

Frankly, the only good thing is those thought process regarding hand holding came from Hinata instead of Naruto. Ah well, I'll give it a rest wink.gif I hope Kishi won't destroy his own work. People love Naruto for the basic ingredients in story telling it has. A loser who work hard to reach his dream, never gives up and do whatever it takes to keep his loved ones happy.

Now I can only see Naruto as someone who can't keep his promise, talk big and idealistic ('no one will die in the war?') and become mentally weak to accept the fact that one of his comrades die... And worse, turned it as a plot device for a romance subplot to bloom out of nowhere.

I bet any Naruto fans or NS fans who has been following since over a decade ago will be disappointed. I know I am...

I rest my case. sleep.gif

Edited by Baguette, 01 April 2013 - 08:08 AM.

Star Crossed Lovers

#15 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Interests:Honestly, western sakura haters are pathetic (if your wondering why I say western, its because thats where all the sakura haters are) they hate sakura for the stupidest reasons, makes me wonder if they even read the manga for anything besides illogically hating on her, and even more so if they even read the same manga. Seriously they really are blind if they think sakura isn't the most popular female character in naruto and has a huge fanbase in japan, kishimoto-sensie's main fanbase. Honsetly, they aren't true naruto fans because they're practically bashing the main heroine of the series who has had AMAZING and deep emotional development, both romace-wise , character-wise and-power wise, and the love interest, Haruno sakura, of the main hero, Uzumaki Naruto. That alone is an insult to kishimoto-sensie's work. Not to mention they rub off the japanese culture, which is important to know if you wanna 100% understand the details of the manga.

My hobbies are drawing, and reading awesome facts about anything I love! Oh and how could I forget, I love playing on my PS3, my favourite online game is Team Fortress 2, favourite character to play with is the scout! (Although I love all of 'em).
    Bless the PS2 era...and all those awesome games... (applause to you if you were part of that gaming age, jack and daxter, sly, spyro, crash etc.)

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:46 AM

Honestly, i dunno why some people here are saying this cover is romantic, or the hand holding scene was supposed to be romantic, its not and you know why? cuz naruto went and did the same thing to ALL HIS OTHER FRIENDS ohboy.png

I WOULD say it was romantic if naruto held her hand after the speech just for the sake of hand-holding.but no.

13080302030649702.gif~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ナル~サク 4/3 The day he fell in love with her ♥ 豪傑 そて 婦 hero, great man and heroine, brave woman°°°★Official Top Ten overall NARUTO characters: 1. Kakashi 2.Naruto 3.Sasuke 4.Iruka 5.Shikamaru 6.Gaara 7.Sakura 8.Neji 9.Itachi 10.Lee★°°° <p>Best ofナル~サク

#16 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:Naruto,Shingeki no kyojin, Fairy Tail, LOL, Runescape & Xbox 360.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

We are yet to find out if Naruto has any feelings developing for Hinata. It's very possible but it contradicts years of NS development. However NH + NS seems to be the easy way out for Kishi and one that will please more of the fans. dry.gif

40283620121415711s.jpg

#17 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Apr 1 2013, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The cover still bothers me, but I won't go into it.

I see your reply has someone who is trying to be honest with themselves.

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Apr 1 2013, 02:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Neji might be the focus like you said but that still doesn't diminish Naruto grabbing Hinata's hand that just us trying to focus on something else, since I jenuile believe that if this was the case with NS no one here will try to downplay that moment.

QUOTE (Namaenash @ Apr 1 2013, 03:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The good thing about this hand holding is that Kishi made it seen like if Hinata is really sad about Neji's death but Naruto is holding her hand in a sign of friendship and comfort since there is no romantic undertone in that Image no matter how hard you try to look on it in a romantic light, the good thing about it is that it doesn't diminish Naruto and Sakura bond is more like Naruto finally acknowledging Hinata while helping her feel better about her lost.

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Apr 1 2013, 03:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, seems like I'm not the only one in this then. Good to know. Sadly, those goggles are seal tight on the fans.

If you're trying to downplay this moment has nothing them I believe you're the one waring this goggles, but if you aren't then you're right.

#18 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:06 AM

Now that I see a bigger image of the cover, to me it seems that Naruto and Hinata are simply trying to stand strong even though Neji just died.

Seems less about romance and more about resolve to keep fighting in Neji's memory.

#19 PhenixElite

PhenixElite

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:07 AM

The same thread ha already been close. Bad idea to make a new one. Just saying

ada_wong_signature_by_valxy-d5m0oa1.png

#20 Sojobo

Sojobo

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

I don't see anything special in this cover, just the two of them being sad for Neji's loss.
They eeven don't look at each other...

Really, nothing to worry about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users