43 replies to this topic

#1 narusakuforlife1667

narusakuforlife1667

Kaneki Ken did nothing wrong!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Interests:-My bae Blake is my interest if you know what I mean
    -NaruSaku are my babies they deserve to be together and have many children together because they deserve it
    -EreMika *.*/
    -Madoka Magica will forever be my top 10 anime

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:48 PM

Im not sure if this belongs in this topic but it has something to do with Naruto so im putting it here

so I was talking to 2 Naruto fans and I said I liked Sakura and I got bashed on the spot for no reason and it annoyed me when they said she didn't care about Naruto and they kept talking kitten about her then I just told them that sakura does care about Naruto and has a soft and caring side

then they brought up her forehead and called her ugly and I just said

im a girl and I don't think her forehead makes her look bad its just a part of how she is

ughhhhhhhhhhhh then I knew I was wasting time if they were just going to bash so I just changed the topic cuz we have enough bashings in the naruto fandom to have to deal with more bashing in this world

:glare:

so yeah im not changing my idea of liking narusaku and I told them that I don't think they cared that much though but hey they just want hinata to be as bad ass as sakura  lol I hope this isn't considerd as bashing :unsure:

http://glimmeringsky1890.tumblr.com

Also if you want visit my fanfiction account

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5372808

#2 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:08 AM

Seems like you talked to some people who really like to dig in their heels. Where did this happen exactly? Anyways, regardless, best thing to do with that is just walk away from the conversation. Sounds like they just want to hate, instead of agreeing to disagree.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#3 kidNinja

kidNinja

Ruining your life since 1992

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:42 AM

Who cares about what they think? Just keep doing you.

NaruSaku...we believe in logic NOT fanfiction

Check out my story, Chain Reaction: Iron Revolution here

#4 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:02 AM

I got bashed just for reading Naruto.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 05 October 2013 - 01:02 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#5 morgaine4

morgaine4

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:13 AM

Honestly, I just think it's difficult to be a Sakura fan and really it doesn't matter if you're talking with someone who likes her with respect to one of the pairings.  The sort of language used with respect to all the females is pretty disappointing, and it's the worst with Sakura.  Some SS-ers slut-shame her, some NS-ers bash her for not loving Naruto already, overall she's judged far more harshly than any other character (characters who are far less competent than she is, characters who have committed actual crimes).  I love her, and I'm proud to love her (flaws and all, super-powered characters without logical flaws that require committed work to try to overcome are not my cup of tea), and I couldn't care less about what haters/bashers want to say.  Don't get me wrong, I love interacting with individuals who have logical and fair criticisms of the character, of the way she's written (or not written), and I have run into a few such individuals here, but in general...it's hard to be a Sakura fan because most of the bashing is hateful, is gendered/grossly misogynistic, is pairing related etc etc.  Oh well.

But, don't forget that a lot of the illogical hatred is an issue specifically with the Western fandom.  She is loved in Japan, she is loved by the people for whom the manga is written, so honestly that knowledge owns all the hatred amongst our Western fandom.

#6 narusakuforlife1667

narusakuforlife1667

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
    -NaruSaku are my babies they deserve to be together and have many children together because they deserve it
    -EreMika *.*/

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:23 AM

now that I think about it haters just love Sakura cuz they talk about her everyday :hehehe:

#7 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:27 AM

Honestly, I just think it's difficult to be a Sakura fan and really it doesn't matter if you're talking with someone who likes her with respect to one of the pairings.  The sort of language used with respect to all the females is pretty disappointing, and it's the worst with Sakura.  Some SS-ers slut-shame her, some NS-ers bash her for not loving Naruto already, overall she's judged far more harshly than any other character (characters who are far less competent than she is, characters who have committed actual crimes).  I love her, and I'm proud to love her (flaws and all, super-powered characters without logical flaws that require committed work to try to overcome are not my cup of tea), and I couldn't care less about what haters/bashers want to say.  Don't get me wrong, I love interacting with individuals who have logical and fair criticisms of the character, of the way she's written (or not written), and I have run into a few such individuals here, but in general...it's hard to be a Sakura fan because most of the bashing is hateful, is gendered/grossly misogynistic, is pairing related etc etc.  Oh well.

But, don't forget that a lot of the illogical hatred is an issue specifically with the Western fandom.  She is loved in Japan, she is loved by the people for whom the manga is written, so honestly that knowledge owns all the hatred amongst our Western fandom.

Maybe because she's the heroine, actually i dont blame Sakura for this, i do even understand all this hate towards her.
The impression for part 1 still last even today and the pain she made Naruto went though.

People really disliked her character, and at the same time, Kishi humanized her character to make her do mistakes sometimes and try her best to do the right thing, but also ends up doing something stupid (somtimes).

Example : Her confession, she had the best of the intentions and doing all this for Naruto but on a logical side she was only marching to her own death (since she would not be capable of killing Sasuke and he would kill her for sure).
Ofc people already made up their mind to hate Sakura and already hate her character it wont change.

Sakura wanst meant to kick ass of villains and stuff, her powers and her training shows more off a supportive and healer than someome who does actually fight, like a white mage.

Personally, the hate she's gets i think it's unfair but it's totally understandable at least for me, that's why i dont waste my time arguing with haters or bashers.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 05 October 2013 - 01:29 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#8 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:38 AM

It's for one reason only that people bash Sakura, and it's pretty simple really. They don't find her Slapstick with Naruto funny. Why? Because Naruto is genuinely someone to feel sorry for, with his childhood being as it is. So bashers and anti-fans are running this mantra in their heads "Sakura doesn't deserve Naruto cause she wasn't nice to him as a kid", and the anime fillers which over exaggerate her comedic sociopathy does not help to change their minds. Granted I don't really approve of her hitting Naruto sometimes either, but for entirely different reasons; I am a feminist and therefore will not simply brush off Sakura hitting Naruto as pure comedy, because that is subconsciously accepting that Sakura is not to be taken seriously nor would be empowered as a woman for hurting Naruto, plus I'd be calling Naruto a wimp for not standing up to Sakura and just taking the violence.  

I have on one occasion expressed my opinion on this "girls abusing boys is funny" mentality. It is sexist, if always brushed off as comedy. Why? Well ask your selves this, If a boy was was hitting a girl, is it funny, generally speaking? If not, then it's because you subconsciously admit "boys are stronger than girls and to hit a girl is abusing their power" or something like that. On the opposite side, if We laugh off girls hitting boys, it's because in contrast we think "Oh, she is not actually stronger than him so if he was serious she wouldn't be even able to get a slap in cause the guy should dominate her" else something along those lines.. These are the ideas we approve of when we keeps saying "Oh, it's for comedy Oh, It's for comedy".

Now I'm not saying that There is no comedic moments for domestic violence, but we must ask what  makes it funny? For instance, if the situation is not serious like there are not injuries serious enough to sympathize with, no feelings were hurt, or we think they deserve it more or less, then it would be natural that we laugh,whether it is boys or girls hitting each other. If not, we must be careful on how to interpret it.

Edited by Phantom_999, 05 October 2013 - 01:58 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#9 morgaine4

morgaine4

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:44 AM

The extreme amount of hate she gets isn't understandable when in general the fandom is ready and willing to accept and embrace characters like Itachi, Sasuke; unless one believes that the established double standard is acceptable or understandable.

#10 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:45 AM

For some reason sakura become the kishi failure symbol.
And I agree with darkrest.

#11 narusakuforlife1667

narusakuforlife1667

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
    -EreMika *.*/

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:02 AM

For some reason sakura become the kishi failure symbol.
And I agree with darkrest.

he does forget about her most of the times but I still have confidence that he will bring her true colors soon

#12 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:48 AM

Sakura is in the same level as the other K11s in terms of ability showcase which is Kishi's fault. Being a member of Team 7 she should be doing much much more than what she has shown. Honestly I'm not even satisfied the way she revealed her Yin seal. Yeah she killed some fodder with ease but in the end she was still saved by Naruto and Sasuke. After that, then what? Back to the healing. She keeps getting forced to do that without having to contribute to the battles fighting-wise which is really a waste of her potential. I blame Kishi for the hate Sakura's getting. He is just not giving her character enough.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#13 narusakuforlife1667

narusakuforlife1667

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
    -EreMika *.*/

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:02 AM

Sakura is in the same level as the other K11s in terms of ability showcase which is Kishi's fault. Being a member of Team 7 she should be doing much much more than what she has shown. Honestly I'm not even satisfied the way she revealed her Yin seal. Yeah she killed some fodder with ease but in the end she was still saved by Naruto and Sasuke. After that, then what? Back to the healing. She keeps getting forced to do that without having to contribute to the battles fighting-wise which is really a waste of her potential. I blame Kishi for the hate Sakura's getting. He is just not giving her character enough.

I agree

#14 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

The extreme amount of hate she gets isn't understandable when in general the fandom is ready and willing to accept and embrace characters like Itachi, Sasuke; unless one believes that the established double standard is acceptable or understandable.

Itachi was a criminal but it was something he did ot protect konoha, more like sacrifice, it's different than Sakura's case who she does affect the main character and people expect her too much because of her heroine status.

About Sasuke, all i see is people calling him either Emo, or gay and other similar stuff.

Maybe people like him because the fact he's a villain and kishi srsly make people hate him, i do hate Sasuke but i completely understand, almost similar to Joffrey's case on game of thrones, 10 out 10 hates joffrey.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 05 October 2013 - 10:53 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#15 Psychox

Psychox

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Interests:Football, Swimming, Free-running, Working ,Studying ,Music,Assassin's Creed ... Metallica , Iron Maiden , System of a down , Rammstein , Skillet , Disturbed ,Groove Coverage, Serj Tankian's Singles, DJ Kelly Bailey,DJ DarkZone, Vocal Trance ,Powerwolf,Slayer ,Judas Priest ,Manowar , Linkin Park ,Nickelback.. And many many more :)

And NaruSaku of course ^^

I apply my heart to no wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing of the wind. For in much wisdom is much grief; and he who increased knowledge, increased sorrow.

Nobis non domine non nobis.

Laa shay'a waqui'n moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine.

Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito .

Das ist Wilde Verwegen Jagd .

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

Im not sure if this belongs in this topic but it has something to do with Naruto so im putting it here

so I was talking to 2 Naruto fans and I said I liked Sakura and I got bashed on the spot for no reason and it annoyed me when they said she didn't care about Naruto and they kept talking kitten about her then I just told them that sakura does care about Naruto and has a soft and caring side

then they brought up her forehead and called her ugly and I just said

im a girl and I don't think her forehead makes her look bad its just a part of how she is

ughhhhhhhhhhhh then I knew I was wasting time if they were just going to bash so I just changed the topic cuz we have enough bashings in the naruto fandom to have to deal with more bashing in this world

:glare:

so yeah im not changing my idea of liking narusaku and I told them that I don't think they cared that much though but hey they just want hinata to be as bad ass as sakura  lol I hope this isn't considerd as bashing :unsure:

Seems to me that you crossed paths with Haters... Don't be upset dear , it happens to all of us every once in a while :P. Here is a hug to make you feel better (i hope) :glomp: .

But yeah, people fail to see how much she cares, heck the so called ''fake'' confession proved to me how much she actually cares for him. She may have not been in love with him back then , but her actions speak volumes to me.

narusaku_signature_by_xsakuraharuno-d5d7

#16 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

It's for one reason only that people bash Sakura, and it's pretty simple really. They don't find her Slapstick with Naruto funny. Why? Because Naruto is genuinely someone to feel sorry for, with his childhood being as it is. So bashers and anti-fans are running this mantra in their heads "Sakura doesn't deserve Naruto cause she wasn't nice to him as a kid", and the anime fillers which over exaggerate her comedic sociopathy does not help to change their minds. Granted I don't really approve of her hitting Naruto sometimes either, but for entirely different reasons; I am a feminist and therefore will not simply brush off Sakura hitting Naruto as pure comedy, because that is subconsciously accepting that Sakura is not to be taken seriously nor would be empowered as a woman for hurting Naruto, plus I'd be calling Naruto a wimp for not standing up to Sakura and just taking the violence.  

Can I ask have you ever seen the manga and or anime called "Love Hina?" Really, it seems like nobody has ever watched this one because if Sakura is "abusive" to Naruto and then what do you consider Narusegawa to Keitaro? Naruosegawa who hits Keitaro at least 5 times per episode and is not the only one...every female character seems to hit this guy on many occasions.

No, seriously. I have talked to many people about this. They find Sakura abusive, yet never think much of when Naru just punches Keitaro hundreds of times in one episode.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#17 Psychox

Psychox

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Interests:Football, Swimming, Free-running, Working ,Studying ,Music,Assassin's Creed ... Metallica , Iron Maiden , System of a down , Rammstein , Skillet , Disturbed ,Groove Coverage, Serj Tankian's Singles, DJ Kelly Bailey,DJ DarkZone, Vocal Trance ,Powerwolf,Slayer ,Judas Priest ,Manowar , Linkin Park ,Nickelback.. And many many more :)

And NaruSaku of course ^^

I apply my heart to no wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing of the wind. For in much wisdom is much grief; and he who increased knowledge, increased sorrow.

Nobis non domine non nobis.

Laa shay'a waqui'n moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine.

Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito .

Das ist Wilde Verwegen Jagd .

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

This has to deal with culture,more accurately, Asian.

In Asian cultures, men prefer women who act like their mothers. He does not see Sakura as his mother. She has kept him in line since he often shows no manners or proper etiquette, by literally knocking some sense in to him , since  Naruto was born and approximately 30 minutes after that he became an orphan, so nobody could teach him those stuff. He can tell Sakura to stop if he wanted to , but he knows he is wrong , so he lets her do her thing.That lets the female get closure to the male and vise verse .

This enforces MinaKushi parallel btw . So, no Sakura is not abusive , its how all Tsunderes act. ^_^

Edited by Psychox, 05 October 2013 - 07:01 PM.

narusaku_signature_by_xsakuraharuno-d5d7

#18 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

How bout this where they hit each other? lol

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#19 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

I have never seen/read Love Hina, but it seems that Sakura is singled out more than most, considering that many female characters are known to hit the males on occasion or even more, Asuka, Tokine, Maka, Winry, Tsunade - the list goes on. And yet Sakura's the one who appears to get the most flak for being 'abusive', even when she's not as bad as others, and actually quite mild in comparison.

Edited by BakeNeko-Chan, 05 October 2013 - 07:05 PM.

#20 morgaine4

morgaine4

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

Itachi was a criminal but it was something he did ot protect konoha, more like sacrifice, it's different than Sakura's case who she does affect the main character and people expect her too much because of her heroine status.

About Sasuke, all i see is people calling him either Emo, or gay and other similar stuff.

Maybe people like him because the fact he's a villain and kishi srsly make people hate him, i do hate Sasuke but i completely understand, almost similar to Joffrey's case on game of thrones, 10 out 10 hates joffrey.

Itachi may have done what he did for the "sake of the village," but it negatively effected Sasuke to an extreme extent.  It's because of Itachi's manipulations that Sasuke left and went to Orochimaru, it's because of Itachi's ultimately ill-planned actions that Sasuke was nabbed by Tobito.  Yet, he's easily forgiven because "he meant well," but of course when Sakura does something  with good intentions, those intentions are ignored and she's bashed even though she means well.  It's ridiculous, combined with the gendered language used when "criticizing" Sakura, it's obvious that there's some double standard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users