• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#21 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite anime/manga: Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note

Favorite TV shows: Supernatural and Sherlock

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:45 AM

Nice answers there! I like those questions  :wink: I agree with you, FMA is da bomb! Well, I wish you the best in all you do and am cheering you on to hang in there! :) I mean, I haven't met you in person but from what I've seen on here you seem like a very kind person, and you know what? Kind people get far in life!  :D

SHINACHIKU

tumblr_inline_ngnhtp3KQk1sy20ab.jpg

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

#22 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:08 AM

This is promising to be a good week.

Didn't do much yesterday, spent the first half of the day playing video games. (Completed all character modes on Naruto Storm Generations. ) But I felt good about yesterday anyway because I went upstairs (which we rent out, though it's currently vacant) and helped clean up there. Even doing small things like that seems to change my whole outlook on the day, I need to keep that up.

Tomorrow morning I'll be heading down to the GED center to enroll in classes. It'll be good to get started, I won't feel like I'm just sitting on my hands like I have been this entire past year.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#23 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:08 AM

Nice answers there! I like those questions  :wink: I agree with you, FMA is da bomb! Well, I wish you the best in all you do and am cheering you on to hang in there! :) I mean, I haven't met you in person but from what I've seen on here you seem like a very kind person, and you know what? Kind people get far in life!  :D

Thank you  :happy:

~Relient K

#24 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:16 AM

I like filling out questionnaires, but I'll try not to spam them or do really long ones. This one's from here, but I eventually got really tired of filling it out.

Confession 1: Your biggest fear. 
Losing my eyesight, I think.

Confession 2: Worst Nightmare. 
I actually rarely have nightmares, that I can remember at least.
Worst dream I have had in recent years was made up almost purely of mindnumbingly intense feelings of sadness and despair. At a time I was beginning to recover from depression the thing I feared most was returning to that tortured, deeply emotional state, and my dreams reflected that.

Confession 3: Something you wish you could forget. 
Mkay, that time I asked my mom about how she found out she was pregnant with me and she thought I was asking because I was pregnant. No, mom I was only curious, I swear! Later on it hit me just how freaking scary that conversation was and it took days to make it stop replaying in my head.

Confession 4: Best dream. 
I had this cool dream where I was a Jedi one time and I got to be all badbutt and stuff. I did get kidnapped and trapped in a cardboard box, though. Seriously, how does a cardboard box hold a Jedi back? I was a Padawan, but still.

Confession 5: Favorite memory. 
Don't know that I really have a top favorite. I guess, maybe one of them would be coming out of a period of uncertainty and sadness and then feeling like, suddenly, I was right where I was supposed to be and that life was always worth living no matter how bad things got. I had gone from struggling to keep my head above water to being on top of the world and so very glad to be alive.

Confession 6: Worst experience. 
Depression, by far.

Confession 7: Biggest pet peeve. 
Probably...well, I grew up in a church and family where rock music was evil, only one version of the Bible was valid, any show with magic in it was evil, and stuff like that. I've come out of that mindset, and although I firmly believe people are free to believe and practice their religion that way if they want to...honestly, it just seems so paranoid to the rest of the world and as a Christian I personally don't think it reflects well on Christianity.
But hey..."I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Confession 8: Something you're paranoid about. 
Uncovered windows at night. It feels like anyone could be watching and it's freaking creepy. I just try to avoid being near them at night.

Confession 9: What you thought of your current best friend when you met them. 
I'm not especially comfortable with speaking to people through IMing/texting, so when this person I barely knew out of the blue began talking to me like "hey! we could be best friends!" and wanting to do these things I honestly wasn't entirely on board. But I felt like it'd be rude to say no, so I went along with it. And I'm very glad I did. :D

Confession 10: Your strongest principle/belief. 
I'm a Christian, and as a Christian, I am to do two things: love God, and love others. All of the Biblical laws and commands are traced back to these two things.

Confession 11: What annoys you the most. 
My brother hogging the computer all week long. And then getting angry at me for staying on 6 hours. xD

Confession 12: Something you want to do before you die 
Visit the northwest section of the US. Or even the midwest. Never been. I've been (and live) on the East coast, I went to the west (Arizona) once.

Confession 13: Biggest regret. 
I wish that as a teenager I had listened to my parents more about working hard and applying myself. I feel like it would have made these past few years easier.

Edited by questdrivencollie, 16 July 2014 - 04:47 AM.

~Relient K

#25 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:25 PM

I love your questionnaires they're so enjoyable to read  :P You have a really cool, set, mind. I like it!

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#26 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:30 PM

Crossword from Facebook:

Lost dog! He's been missing since Tuesday morning, and isn't at the animal shelter. Responds to "Treader". Last seen around Saint Marys, Camden County GA. Please crosspost.

I'm on a mobile device, so can't post a picture in this thread. But I have a picture of him here: http://www.narusaku....showtopic=13815 He's the long haired dog.

He gets loose all the time, but he's never been gone this long.  :umm:

~Relient K

#27 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:27 AM

So, on my dog...good news and bad news.

Someone responded to the posters we made and put up this afternoon.
But, he's either badly hurt or dead.
He got hit by a car Tuesday night and was rushed to the e-vet all the way down in Jacksonville. (That's the closest any vet offices open past 5 PM are.)
Waiting on a call to see whether he made it or not. And of course, it's not a positive that this actually is my dog. We haven't discussed identifying marks, only that he looks like the dog in the poster. But my dog is pretty unique looking, so...

Upon ending the phone call, my outlook was mostly positive. She had said "it looked bad" and had doubts he lived long, but I told myself and everyone else that bad doesn't necessarily mean fatal.

But as time passed, it kinda switched to realization that this really could be it. He could actually be dead... :sad: 

~Relient K

#28 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:53 AM

So, on my dog...good news and bad news.

Someone responded to the posters we made and put up this afternoon.
But, he's either badly hurt or dead.
He got hit by a car Tuesday night and was rushed to the e-vet all the way down in Jacksonville. (That's the closest any vet offices open past 5 PM are.)
Waiting on a call to see whether he made it or not. And of course, it's not a positive that this actually is my dog. We haven't discussed identifying marks, only that he looks like the dog in the poster. But my dog is pretty unique looking, so...

Upon ending the phone call, my outlook was mostly positive. She had said "it looked bad" and had doubts he lived long, but I told myself and everyone else that bad doesn't necessarily mean fatal.

But as time passed, it kinda switched to realization that this really could be it. He could actually be dead... :sad: 

I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm actually feeling really sad right now... I'm so sorry this happened. I don't know how things will get better, but I really really hope your dog doesn't end up dead. I'll pray for him/her :(

edit: Wow I can't stop thinking about it... It must be so hard for you. I know you like pets right? Gosh I really hope things get better >.<

Edited by Iwantbuns, 19 July 2014 - 04:14 AM.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

#29 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:59 PM

Oh gosh, I really hope your dog turns out to be okay. I know how special pets are and I don't even like thinking of something bad happening to them, let alone how hard it is when something actually does happen. Again, I really hope everything comes out all right.

#30 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:59 AM

Thank you. This has been one of the most nerve-racking experiences ever, honestly. It's taking a lot of patience.

Now before I start, I did mention that it wasn't a positive that the dog that got run over was mine.

I won't go into details, but this morning got a text about someone who has my dog. Pictures were provided from a facebook post, and it's definitely him. Long story short after several attempted communications and chances they are not giving him back, and we're having to get the police involved.

I'm relieved that he isn't hurt and at least I know he's safe. I'd rather he be stolen and me know where he is than him being hurt and possibly dead.

After this is over, I'm getting to shell the money out of my savings and get him microchipped ASAP. This can't happen again. You can remove a collar, but you can't remove a chip so easily and if this ever were to come up again it'd be irrefutable proof.

Edited by questdrivencollie, 20 July 2014 - 01:39 AM.

~Relient K

#31 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:43 AM

Thank you. This has been one of the most nerve-racking experiences ever, honestly. It's taking a lot of patience.

Now before I start, I did mention that it wasn't a positive that the dog that got run over was mine.

I won't go into details, but this morning got a text about someone who has my dog. Pictures were provided from a facebook post, and it's definitely him. Long story short after several attempted communications and chances they are not giving him back, and we're having to get the police involved.

I'm relieved that he isn't hurt and at least I know he's safe. I'd rather he be stolen and me know where he is than him being hurt and possibly dead.

After this is over, I'm getting to shell the money out of my savings and get him microchipped ASAP. This can't happen again. You can remove a collar, but you can't remove a chip so easily and if this ever were to come up again it'd be irrefutable proof.

I'm glad your dog's safe. Getting him/her microchipped is a verrry good idea.

#32 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:13 PM

Well, my dog's back. Man, what a headache that was. But he's back and that's all that matters.

~Relient K

#33 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:32 PM

I'm so glad that you have your dog back!! I can only imagine how hard that must've been, but I'm glad that it all turned out right in the end. I'm so sorry you had to go through all that worry :/

SHINACHIKU

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

#34 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:06 AM

I liked this week. And I'm actually enjoying my classes. I think I just enjoy learning that kind of environment.

I do have a lot (in comparison to everything else) to progress toward in math, so that's going to be a bit of a challenge. They said overall I don't have too far to go to prep for the GED. (I did complete 11th grade, so I didn't think I'd have far to go anyway.)

Sad that the summer is going by so fast. I haven't even gone swimming yet. But I'm planning on it tomorrow. :smile:

Edited by questdrivencollie, 26 July 2014 - 04:12 AM.

~Relient K

#35 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:24 AM

Now that I've been taking classes for a couple weeks and have an idea how my schedule goes, maybe I should get back to looking for employment. Like, a part time, or weekend job. (Though I wouldn't want work to interfere with my church attendance, either. =/)

Edited by questdrivencollie, 01 August 2014 - 03:25 AM.

~Relient K

#36 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:11 AM

Here's an entry from my deviantART journal showing some of my art and how it's improved over the years: http://colliequest.d...story-474000155

Meh, it was a thing dA had people do in celebration of dA's 14th anniversary

Edited by questdrivencollie, 08 August 2014 - 07:12 AM.

~Relient K

#37 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:27 PM

So I mention under my interests that an interest is canine training and behavior? Yeah, let's talk about that.

Now, no, I'm not a professional, and neither is it likely that I'll aim to be one. I'm just a dog owner/lover who happened to take a huge interest in dogs in my childhood and teens. So I read a lot on dogs, and I chatted with other dog lovers on a site filled with dog enthusiasts. Some of them were owners like me, others were professional trainers, or in some other dog-related profession.

Thus, I am a dog owner who is somewhat more educated than most because of the interest I took in the subject at a young age.

So I impressed a lot of friends and their parents as a teenager because I taught my dogs tricks and stuff. It's really not difficult, though, if you know the right methods.

And, then there's the fact that it's one matter to get a dog to do a trick at home, and another to get him to do it out in public where there's lots more distractions and stimuli. You can train them to pay attention to your cues in public, but I never got it accomplished perfectly.

But anyway, I'll just show some videos.

This one is, like, several years old. Also, sadly, the lovely German Shepherd you see in the video has since passed on.

Yes, that is me in the video. I was 13 or 14 at the time this video was originally taken. I didn't upload it to YouTube until a year or two, maybe more, later.

My other dog, Treader (whom I still have), doing his stuff on cheap agility equipment:

VERTIGO WARNING

Training Treader on the weave poles (never finished teaching him this, maybe I'll pick it back up one day):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2Zns4E4U_8&index=6=

I haven't taught any new tricks in a while, other than "speaK":

https://www.youtube....?v=hptoSx0HH_k=

And here's a video of both my dogs (when I still had two) hunting for Easter eggs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpaQJavSLo8&index=14

I apologize for the cheesiness of the video titles, it's a bit embarrassing... :sweatdrop:

Anyway, this wasn't at all hard to do, and they enjoyed it because I hid treats in the Easter eggs. All I had to do was lead them around going "where's the egg? find the egg!" and leading them to a couple. And they began to catch on and go searching for them mostly on their own volition. Good mental exercise, too. I still do this from time to time.

Edited by questdrivencollie, 11 August 2014 - 08:48 PM.

~Relient K

#38 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:06 PM

Aww, those were cute. Good dogs! That's actually really impressive! The only thing my dog can do is sit and wait with a treat on her nose :P None of the other stuff though.

SHINACHIKU

#39 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:26 PM

You can find methods for all kinds of tricks in various books and online. :smile: I typically go for clicker training, it's actually really effective and my dogs seemed to learn faster with it.

One time I got to take Treader to an actual nursing home. He's not certified as a therapy dog (and to be honest he wouldn't pass the certification test), but this one's rules were more lenient and allowed dogs that were well-behaved.

~Relient K

#40 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:35 AM

Using only song names from ONE ARTIST, cleverly answer these questions. Pass it on to 15 people you like and include me. You can't use the band I used. Try not to repeat a song title. It's a lot harder than you think! =D

*** Pick your Artist: Owl City

Describe yourself:

The Real World

How do you feel:

Wolf Bite

Describe where you currently live:

Galaxies (doesn't fit, but this one is hard =P)

If you could go anywhere, where would you go?:

Kamikaze

Your favorite form of transportation:

Hot Air Balloon (eh, not really, but this is hard)

Your best friend is:

Gold

You and your best friends are:

Shooting Star

What's the weather like:

To the Sky

Favorite time of day:

Vanilla Twilight

If your life was a TV show, what would it be called:

Plant Life

What is life to you:

Beautiful Times

Your last relationship:

Deer in the Headlights

Your fear:

Silhouette

What is the best advice you have to give:

This Isn't the End

Thought for the Day:

Alligator Sky

How I would like to die:

How I Became the Sea

My soul's present condition:

Embers

Most Faithful Companion:

How Deep the Father's Love for Us (Owl City didn't write this, but they did cover it)

My motto:

Dreams Don't Turn to Dust

Edited by questdrivencollie, 16 August 2014 - 03:37 AM.

~Relient K

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users