• This topic is locked This topic is locked
152 replies to this topic

#101 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 15 2009, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With laser beams?! No seriously, if there was a 'Future Warfare' I want to see it with beams, like sci-fi.... I'm a geek like that.

Those futuristic air strikes are gonna look like something out of the battle of Serenity from Firefly.

The war that happened in America was way too short for me. I feel like they should have expanded on that concept a bit more. Sorry Uzumaki but Veteran mode was actually much easier this time around. Or maybe Im just that good wow.png

#102 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:48 PM

I suck regardless. And I think that's one of the main events in MW3 if they continue it. Like I said,

Makarov is still out there and it's more than likely the US government would retaliate..violently.

#103 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 26 December 2009 - 04:36 AM

I finished the game in the first get-go on Veteran (actually it was rather easy in my mind seeing that it IS the final difficulty) and me and my brother were blown away how the storyline in the end makes everyone seem flawed. I mean it.

The british task force because they were pushed around and in the end Soap and Price just go selfish for revenge because of Roach's and Ghost's death;

Makarov because well. He's a major kitten. But still instead of being arrested he was dragged in a war that he didn't want and caused innocents to die by his hand and Shepard's and somehow in my eyes seems to fill the need to end it as he betrays his code of 'honour' in revealing Shepard's location to Soap and Price. Russians are kinda of stubborn with that. Especially powerful Russians that can't be touched unless the world turns divides itself by zero.

And then the Rangers, with Shepard being General kittenFAICE MCDOUCHE MCARSE and shooting people left and right. Especially in the back. Did I mention he's a kitten? Yeahhhh. But then the rangers have Ramirez and Sgt. Foley that suffer the ripples of the war caused by Marakov and Shepard KINDA gives a reason to side with the Yanks. This timeeeeee.

P.S. : Did I wrote Marakov's name right? I once called him Manakarov. I dunno why.

P.S.S. : The last scene when I had to remove the knife from Soap's throat and threw that thing at General McDouche's eye I screamed " BANG EYE SHOT. "

That, officially makes me a rather bad boy. AWWWWWWWWW YEAH.

Sorry if I'm repeating what other people posted, but right now...I'm too happy from the short kickassery I handed to the World.

#104 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:58 PM

The community is slowly but surely choking the life out of the multi-player.

#105 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (Yakatsu @ Dec 25 2009, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I finished the game in the first get-go on Veteran (actually it was rather easy in my mind seeing that it IS the final difficulty) and me and my brother were blown away how the storyline in the end makes everyone seem flawed. I mean it.

The british task force because they were pushed around and in the end Soap and Price just go selfish for revenge because of Roach's and Ghost's death;

Makarov because well. He's a major kitten. But still instead of being arrested he was dragged in a war that he didn't want and caused innocents to die by his hand and Shepard's and somehow in my eyes seems to fill the need to end it as he betrays his code of 'honour' in revealing Shepard's location to Soap and Price. Russians are kinda of stubborn with that. Especially powerful Russians that can't be touched unless the world turns divides itself by zero.

And then the Rangers, with Shepard being General kittenFAICE MCDOUCHE MCARSE and shooting people left and right. Especially in the back. Did I mention he's a kitten? Yeahhhh. But then the rangers have Ramirez and Sgt. Foley that suffer the ripples of the war caused by Marakov and Shepard KINDA gives a reason to side with the Yanks. This timeeeeee.

P.S. : Did I wrote Marakov's name right? I once called him Manakarov. I dunno why.

P.S.S. : The last scene when I had to remove the knife from Soap's throat and threw that thing at General McDouche's eye I screamed " BANG EYE SHOT. "

That, officially makes me a rather bad boy. AWWWWWWWWW YEAH.

Sorry if I'm repeating what other people posted, but right now...I'm too happy from the short kickassery I handed to the World.

I prefer saying McMillan's "Oi Suzy," from the stealth mission in MW1 myself when I throw the knife right at Sheperd's eye.

#106 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Dec 27 2009, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The community is slowly but surely choking the life out of the multi-player.

A-Frickin'-men. Too many hackers.

#107 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:13 PM

Loved the ending,. proves the age old saying of how history is written by the victors, neither side can ever be classed as the good buys but the one's who win the war are the ones who come out smelling of roses. My money was well spent just to see that ending.

The Multiplayer game is so messed up, you have the runners and gunners who run around with the Dual 1887 Shotgun (That still hasn't been balanced to my liking) shooting everyone from a mile away or with the pistol cross hand knife positin and knife everyone. Or the Campers who spend all their times watching one spot and snipe anyone who comes in their line of sight, or the score boosters who ruin the game for everyone, by playing opposite sides and use tactical insertion and one player keeps on killing the other to get the nuke and kill everyone.

Only game I play is Search and Destroy with mates and even that isn't as much fun as the original as the maps lacks the charactor the first game had, it just seems like the put the two bomb site in two radom spots and were done with it, doesn't seem to have the same strategic angle the first game had.

On the whole still enjoyable, and the perks systems add a new edge to it, but I do miss the simplistic enjoyment I got from the first one, even if I got owned every game, atleast I felt I lost fairly, and not be frustrated because my bullets go straight through them.

iAnby7W.gif

#108 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 29 December 2009 - 04:38 AM

Justified Rage. --Click here to view--
On another note, Infinity Ward are probably, in my opinion, the worst game makers of the 21st century. There, I said it, and I'm probably not gonna take it back. They're complete imbeciles over there, focusing entirely on 'OH EM GEE, LOOK AT TIS WE DID' instead of stopping and going 'Hm, perhaps we should balance this?'. I get the feeling in Veteran mode that you have to hack, cheat, or probably hide two miles from the map to even get through without dying above five times. Don't get me started on the mission after Ghost and Roach died, Ho- Ly- kitten that was rigged as hell. I died fourty four times at best, and I wasn't even stopping through them! I was hiding my best, but somehow, they could see me hiding behind a airplane, hear my silenced shots from behind them even though the guy never made a sound, and probably even smelt Soap even though he uses clean soap.

Infinity Ward is made up of two very good writers whom has a lazy third writer whom recycles the same tired plots from the last games plus from random titles he picks out [Probably Army of Two, since everyone and literally everyone dies except for at most two people]. I want the game to keep more then two people alive for once, in a group. Everyone is dying left and right, and then we're stuck with the original two again! What the kitten is your problem, InWa?! Are you homocidal maniacs or what?! What happened, Ghost, Worm, Roach, Wade and the other men that were originally fighting alongside me and the main characters are too flamable, but Price is frickin' Kamos, God of War?! And even then, all the other non-killable characters do is stop, shoot four times on the skin with BB's, and move on while the team of shotties are flailing at me like baboons on frickin' Heroine! I could probably make something better if I was in charge, and I probably would, but that's the point: It would be good. Gamer CEO's probably would think 'Oh, people don't want a too good of a game, then they'd get tired after a single sequel! Let's not make two good games and leave it be, but make six almost equally but not quite sh*tty games as well! Oh, and remember to kill off everyone except the guys on the Isles. Everyone else is flammable. However, the Irish, Scotts and Brits are inflammable. IN. FLAMMABLE.'

QED, Infinity Ward sucks. You can see it from the game-play on Multiplayer as well, seeing as they get their sick kicks by allowing people to camp, hack and cheat non-stop on Multiplayer, and they don't even bother to balance the Singleplayer correctly. Man, I'm too angry right now, and it's 11 PM at night. Good frickin' night.

#109 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Hockey, Drawing (even though I suck something awful), Photography, Video Games, etc.

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Dec 28 2009, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On another note, Infinity Ward are probably, in my opinion, the worst game makers of the 21st century. There, I said it, and I'm probably not gonna take it back. They're complete imbeciles over there, focusing entirely on 'OH EM GEE, LOOK AT TIS WE DID' instead of stopping and going 'Hm, perhaps we should balance this?'. I get the feeling in Veteran mode that you have to hack, cheat, or probably hide two miles from the map to even get through without dying above five times. Don't get me started on the mission after Ghost and Roach died, Ho- Ly- kitten that was rigged as hell. I died fourty four times at best, and I wasn't even stopping through them! I was hiding my best, but somehow, they could see me hiding behind a airplane, hear my silenced shots from behind them even though the guy never made a sound, and probably even smelt Soap even though he uses clean soap.

Infinity Ward is made up of two very good writers whom has a lazy third writer whom recycles the same tired plots from the last games plus from random titles he picks out [Probably Army of Two, since everyone and literally everyone dies except for at most two people]. I want the game to keep more then two people alive for once, in a group. Everyone is dying left and right, and then we're stuck with the original two again! What the kitten is your problem, InWa?! Are you homocidal maniacs or what?! What happened, Ghost, Worm, Roach, Wade and the other men that were originally fighting alongside me and the main characters are too flamable, but Price is frickin' Kamos, God of War?! And even then, all the other non-killable characters do is stop, shoot four times on the skin with BB's, and move on while the team of shotties are flailing at me like baboons on frickin' Heroine! I could probably make something better if I was in charge, and I probably would, but that's the point: It would be good. Gamer CEO's probably would think 'Oh, people don't want a too good of a game, then they'd get tired after a single sequel! Let's not make two good games and leave it be, but make six almost equally but not quite sh*tty games as well! Oh, and remember to kill off everyone except the guys on the Isles. Everyone else is flammable. However, the Irish, Scotts and Brits are inflammable. IN. FLAMMABLE.'

QED, Infinity Ward sucks. You can see it from the game-play on Multiplayer as well, seeing as they get their sick kicks by allowing people to camp, hack and cheat non-stop on Multiplayer, and they don't even bother to balance the Singleplayer correctly. Man, I'm too angry right now, and it's 11 PM at night. Good frickin' night.

It seems like you're complaining about dying a lot on the hardest difficulty...if they're such terrible writers and apparently all the other games were poorly written, then why did you bother with this one? If you don't want characters to die, go read Bleach.

Also, you act like the participant's behavior in multiplayer is somehow IW's responsibility. What are they gonna do, make a laser that kills all campers? Every single multiplayer game has the grievances you just listed, MW2 is absolutely no exception.

Edited by Zatren6, 29 December 2009 - 05:57 AM.

#110 Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity

Abandoned

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Dec 28 2009, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Posts like this from people who have never worked in the gaming industry, or at the very least made a game of their own, always makes me laugh. Especially when they think "I could do better!".

I want to believe you wrote all that because you had a recent gaming session that riled you up and not because you actually think it's true.
Pretty bored.

#111 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:08 AM

lol u mad?

It's a war game. The scripting is going to be dreadful whatever you do. Especially when you make a MODERN WARFARE script. It's a touchy subject, not to mention that is kinda of hard to write something about an ongoing events. Pen and paper are hard to scribe on when the flow of time is moving.

Secondly, hardest difficulty = you dying a lot. Nuff' said.

Also. Fighting games , RPGs, even HALO 3, has issues when it comes to multiplayer.

Nick-picking and criticism is fine. More then welcome. But when we're bashing the old horse again and again, the smell of necrophilia arises.

And I HATE that smell.

Well, that was my rant! I hope you liked my two cents! It's like 8 am over here and I'm NOT going to bed.

GOOD NIGHT!

Also if I recall, there's some yanks who are still alive, like Dunn, who GETS SHOT IN THE CHEST, Foley and Ramirez. Which by the way he's not so American with a name like that.

One thing you could attack, SLIGHTLY, was the lack of achievements in online gameplay for the 360 and the PS3. I was surprised to see NO achievements for online gameplay, other then Spec Ops.

EDIT : Hey wait! There's another reason you could DODGE the online gameplay! No rewards what-so-ever! Man, I'm such a riot.

Edited by Yakatsu, 29 December 2009 - 08:09 AM.

#112 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:24 AM

I think Dunn was shot in the chest before the nuclear sub mission. However, when you return to that last stand moment again, Dunn doesn't get shot this time.... Kinda odd.

#113 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 30 2009, 01:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Dunn was shot in the chest before the nuclear sub mission. However, when you return to that last stand moment again, Dunn doesn't get shot this time.... Kinda odd.

I saw him getting shot twice...

After when Wade gives you the rifle and dies, Dunn gets shot right in the kisser.

At least with me.

Also Dunn looks like Tom Cruise.

#114 Silverback1138

Silverback1138

Gamer, Geek, Otaku

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Anime, Guitars

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:05 AM

Biggest disappointment of 2009 as far as games. Been following IW since their MOHAA days and this was a disappointment. I loved COD4 and while the content was great, the lack of dedicated servers/mod tools just spoiled it for me. So disappointing. I loved the level design and the new guns and perks but the crappy MP just spoils it. Hackers and exploiters then don't even get me started on the lag. At least I got it for free from a paypal promo.

They're adding mod tools back but I honestly want leaning and dedicated servers back in.

#115 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (Silverback1138 @ Jan 3 2010, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Biggest disappointment of 2009 as far as games. Been following IW since their MOHAA days and this was a disappointment. I loved COD4 and while the content was great, the lack of dedicated servers/mod tools just spoiled it for me. So disappointing. I loved the level design and the new guns and perks but the crappy MP just spoils it. Hackers and exploiters then don't even get me started on the lag. At least I got it for free from a paypal promo.

They're adding mod tools back but I honestly want leaning and dedicated servers back in.

I agree with this (even though I have it on 360 tongue.gif), but yeah, PC gamers got screwed over hardcore by IW (or perhaps Activision forced them) with this.

I'm curious though, where did they say they are adding mod tools back? I must have missed that.

#116 Silverback1138

Silverback1138

Gamer, Geek, Otaku

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Anime, Guitars

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (Rick (Bonta-kun) @ Jan 3 2010, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with this (even though I have it on 360 tongue.gif), but yeah, PC gamers got screwed over hardcore by IW (or perhaps Activision forced them) with this.

I'm curious though, where did they say they are adding mod tools back? I must have missed that.

Robert Bowling the community manager released a Twitter about it. Honestly though, this was such a slamdunk for them but they screwed it up. Not just the PC but the X360 version too. I have both. Host Migration works half the time and the constant exploits like the javelin glitch. What's even worse is the fact that the PC version didn't have these issues with CoD4 and now its does. They totally dropped the ball.

#117 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:58 AM

QUOTE (Silverback1138 @ Jan 4 2010, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Robert Bowling the community manager released a Twitter about it. Honestly though, this was such a slamdunk for them but they screwed it up. Not just the PC but the X360 version too. I have both. Host Migration works half the time and the constant exploits like the javelin glitch. What's even worse is the fact that the PC version didn't have these issues with CoD4 and now its does. They totally dropped the ball.

Oh I see, that makes sense. I might have got both myself since I knew a few friends who were going to get the PC version too (they cancelled there preorders after they found out IW dropped Dedicated servers), but unfortuanately they decided to do things that pissed off the PC community so bad they decided to pirate it to hell. Of course it probably would have been pirated like crazy regardless, but I believe it would have gotten alot more PC sales if they didnt take out the things PC gamers are used to and love.

It should be interesting to see if the modding community can be bothered making mods for the game considering it still has no dedicated server support. Although it wouldnt surprise me if the modders find a way to add it somehow. They will probably fix the leaning and field of view issues that I heard about.

#118 Shadow-kun

Shadow-kun

Sage Wolf

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:04 PM

If I remember correctly some moders already added the option for dedicated servers for ppl to host to the pirate version of the game some time ago.

Edited by Shadow-kun, 05 January 2010 - 02:06 PM.

Visit my cute Dragons!

Spreading the Horoism!

#119 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:51 PM

Anyone read about how the next game in the franchise might be a prequel to Ghosts story as either a full retail game or DLC. (old news)

JLHza2T.png

#120 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:31 PM

I'm pretty sure Ghost's story will be told as a comic book mini-series, not a game....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users