Close
Photo

Overpowered Naruto

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
86 replies to this topic

Poll: Overpowered Naruto? (50 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like Naruto to be overpowered to any extent in fanfics?

1. Yes, Totally! (5 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

2. Yes, but only slightly. (26 votes [52.00%])

Percentage of vote: 52.00%

3. No, it gets weird...... (19 votes [38.00%])

Percentage of vote: 38.00%

Vote

#41 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (Recompense @ Nov 9 2007, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i dont think he discontinued it, he just went on a hiatus... i think... i havent checked in forever.

Thats right, Vesvius hasnt discontinued "all for one", its just on hiatus, and hes working on other stuff at the moment.

#42 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 09 November 2007 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (Sqleon @ Nov 6 2007, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is so exasperating is the fact that people actually LIKE overpowered Naruto on ff.net and mediocre stories like that get many reviews saying "good work lolx updatez soon". This, in turn, leads to the author believing that he/she is doing something right, and the trend continues. It's a never ending spiral of mediocrity...

Well, making Naruto overpowered isn't really wrong i guess. LOL. It's just weird. Or so you guys say.
You try to know everything , yet in the end, you truly understand nothing ....
Wilson's fanfic account : weixuan18

Witness teh awesomness that is Deidara Lover!!! <3

#43 Tkmacintosh

Tkmacintosh

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 11:46 PM

I found another well written overpowered Naruto story......

"Neo-Yondaime Hokage". I'm not sure if you guys have seen it, but its incredibly well written and done expertly well.

Basically the story is that the fox sealing goes wrong and not only is the fox is sealed inside Naruto, but also the Fourth as well. Tsunade adopts Naruto and raises him.

Its a NaruHarem story, but its well done ^^

#44 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 13 November 2007 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE (Tkmacintosh @ Nov 12 2007, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I found another well written overpowered Naruto story......

"Neo-Yondaime Hokage". I'm not sure if you guys have seen it, but its incredibly well written and done expertly well.

Basically the story is that the fox sealing goes wrong and not only is the fox is sealed inside Naruto, but also the Fourth as well. Tsunade adopts Naruto and raises him.

Its a NaruHarem story, but its well done ^^

.... Oo

Talk about putting a new spin on having a father-son, heart-to-heart talk.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#45 drag-eart

drag-eart

WILSON...HitsuMatsu!..haha

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 10:27 PM

Neo-Yondaime Hokage

It's a good story, but I stopped around chapter 25 it started to drag, but either way still a great fic I plan to start it again soon.
Drag-eart's FF.net Profile:Drag-eart
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

#46 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 14 November 2007 - 12:58 AM

I'm not against super-powered-Naruto or Bloodlined-Naruto per se. Only 1 comment to most of the authors though... Get a friggin imagination!!

Seriously, 8/10 Super-Naruto fics that I read mostly contain either:
- Sharingan (or their variant of it), delete the weakness, multiply the strength, add Byakugan's 360 vision and change the color so you can call it with different name.

or

- Kyuubi being a straight good guy (or at least an ok guy), enchance his power hundred fold that can give Goku SSJ 1000 a run for his money and develop him a bloodline that can kick ALL the other bloodlines to hell and back with nothing but a smirk.

If thats not stealing/copying ideas, I don't know what you call that. I don't care how good the stories are, as long as it contain either of the 2 above, the author can suck my Vacuum Cleaner clean.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#47 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 01:08 AM

i don't really like over-powered naruto, i mean sometimes it's good if its done well but most people just make him run around kicking everybodys butt oh-so-easily i mean come on! let's be realistic shall we? anyway yea when ever i read those fics i get bored and disgusted after the first chapter, especially since most of them really change naruto's character, they make him all stony and emotionless and smexier than the god of smexiness which i hate cuz the reason i like naruto so much is because he doesn't need to act like that, he's just himself and thats it, he doesn't go all self-pity on everybody like sasuke dry.gif and plus whats the point of reading a fanfic if there's no challenge involved?

#48 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 15 November 2007 - 03:15 AM

Off the top of my head, I can remember two fics by Kraken's Ghost with an overpowered Naruto that I'd rather liked (though the second doesn't have him overpowered yet);
Underdog Hollow and Deus Ex Machina.

#49 Leney

Leney

Little Ray of Sunshine

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 03:42 PM

I think the second one is TimeTravel!Naruto more than overpowered. Also his Foxhound is a good example of how to pull off an overpowered!Naruto. Too bad he didn't finish it.

(And seriously I can go on and on about the pitfalls of TimeTravel!fics, even though I really not-so-secretly love the idea and actively go out looking for them.)

Break the World has an overpowered Naruto. But he's not annoying and stupid, he's kickass. When he busts out with his crazy moves and chakra, it's like "Hell yeah!" instead of *rollseyes* And the author powers up everyone to match in the sense that, while they may not be able to kick Naruto's ass in a fist fight...they can do things he can't do...and do damage on their own.

But since people mentioned it, badly written overpowered!Naruto + Harem fics make me go into a feminist rage. There is a NaruSaku fic that is being currently being updated (and I won't name names because I don't want to start drama), that I cannot read because it was dripping in machismo.

Just want to take a moment to say: Guys stop it. Stop it right now.

You can write love trianges, squares, dodecahedrons, whatever, or write open/alternative/whatever relationships without turning the females into dumbass sex kittens who need a kitten to save their pathetic selves. Just...DO NOT WANT x infinity.
WTF Fanfic Quote of the Moment

"I nearly threw up in my mouth" exclaimed Sasuke, mentally scarred by the experience."You should do that!Except let her try and kiss you whilst you do!"laughed Naruto exitedly."That is WAY funny, and all the same way more creepy that that time at the preliminaries!"retorted Sasuke, remembering."uuughh! I feel so sorry for the shadow clones I made whilst we hid.I hear one of the sound genin got AIDS and CHLAMIDIA from Hayate"said Naruto pulling a face.

#50 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:37 PM

This is the one thing that makes me stop reading ANY fanfiction.

I read in this one fanfiction, he punched a chunin missing nin in the face, breaking his skull through. No battle, even though Kiba and Konohamaru were there. I would have loved to see how the battle would have transpired, but noooooooo, Naruto had to break his skull down for no reason. I, personally, find it a load of hooey. It ruins the story line; and as some people in the first posts said, it leaves only overpowered OOC's and Naruto left to actually be there. Naruto isn't a mindless cold-blooded murderer, people. And he certinately has his flaws.

Especially OOC's. I immediatly also stop reading a fanfiction the second the words '12 year old Akatsuki member-turned Hokage' enter. I just press backspace, and leave.

We're only people, especially the ninja. Ninja are trained to defend the nation the hidden village was made in, not start wars and finish them with an uber jutsu-o'-doom.

Just throwing my ten ryo in.

#51 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:52 PM

LOL, and that was a worthy ten ryo trigen! XD

But really, those fics are more humour than anything. Or Angst probably. They are kinda fun to read at times. LOL, i read them. And yeah, some avoid the battle scenes coz maybe they're not so gd with them? Have you guys thought of it that way?

#52 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (Wilson @ Nov 15 2007, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL, and that was a worthy ten ryo trigen! XD

But really, those fics are more humour than anything. Or Angst probably. They are kinda fun to read at times. LOL, i read them. And yeah, some avoid the battle scenes coz maybe they're not so gd with them? Have you guys thought of it that way?

Thanks. :]

Also, if a ninja suddenly made a banana for another to slip on in the middle of a battle would seriously make my day, any day. biggrin.gif a_dance.gif

#53 whoamii

whoamii

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 01:33 AM

Haha, I rather enjoy over powered Naruto fics....but not to the point where he can beat the crap out of any kage with his hands tied behind his back...that's just ridiculous...

#54 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (whoamii @ Nov 30 2007, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha, I rather enjoy over powered Naruto fics....but not to the point where he can beat the crap out of any kage with his hands tied behind his back...that's just ridiculous...

Well, he could do that, if he trained with Gai and had like these awesome kicking legs and stuff. XD

#55 CrashLanded

CrashLanded

One Cat To Rule Them All And In The Darkness Bind Them.

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Location:The land of the Monsoon and the Tiger and the Elephant.

Posted 30 November 2007 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (Wilson @ Nov 30 2007, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, he could do that, if he trained with Gai and had like these awesome kicking legs and stuff. XD

He was being figurative Willy. Combat prowess doesn't come from talent or skill or training. It comes from years of actual combat experience and that cannot be crammed in a few years of training. Kages are powerful because of their experience (okay Gaara is an exception, but then his case was a necessity for stability in Suna).
QUOTE (The Dream Cat @ "A Dream Of A Thousand Cats")
"Many, many seasons ago, cats truly ruled the world.
We were larger then, and the whole world was created for our pleasure. We roamed as we would, taking what we wanted.
In those times, humans were tiny creatures, no larger than we are now.
And humans would groom us and feed us and pet us.
"

#56 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (CrashLanded @ Dec 1 2007, 02:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He was being figurative Willy. Combat prowess doesn't come from talent or skill or training. It comes from years of actual combat experience and that cannot be crammed in a few years of training. Kages are powerful because of their experience (okay Gaara is an exception, but then his case was a necessity for stability in Suna).

For someone like Naruto, IF he is able to train his legs to THAT extent, then experience wun be a problem, coz then, Kyuubi would just heal him like crazy, thus overpowered. tongue.gif

#57 CrashLanded

CrashLanded

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE (Wilson @ Nov 30 2007, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For someone like Naruto, IF he is able to train his legs to THAT extent, then experience wun be a problem, coz then, Kyuubi would just heal him like crazy, thus overpowered. tongue.gif

I'd take that as sarcasm.....or was it? huh.gif

I myself don't mind overpowered Naruto but remember what happened to Itachi. Its always a give-and-take kind of thing, you can get something only in exchange of another (The Law Of Equivalent Exchange-FMA) harsher training in exchange of social life/personality. So it should be always balanced, and I get really irritated when things aren't that way.
We were larger then, and the whole world was created for our pleasure. We roamed as we would, taking what we wanted.
"

#58 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (CrashLanded @ Dec 1 2007, 02:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd take that as sarcasm.....or was it? huh.gif

I myself don't mind overpowered Naruto but remember what happened to Itachi. Its always a give-and-take kind of thing, you can get something only in exchange of another (The Law Of Equivalent Exchange-FMA) harsher training in exchange of social life/personality. So it should be always balanced, and I get really irritated when things aren't that way.

Lol, it's a fact. Come on, to endure Gai's training AND be able to train hardout legs. Kyuubi MUST have healed him countless times. So not exactly sarcasm.

And yes overpowered is fine, but TOO much ruins it. Equivalent exchange in the anime turned out to be

BULLCRAP tongue.gif P.S. i'm not lying

So yeah. Lol, you can imagine authors wanting to make Naruto strong though.

#59 CrashLanded

CrashLanded

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (Wilson @ Nov 30 2007, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Equivalent exchange in the anime turned out to be

BULLCRAP tongue.gif P.S. i'm not lying

I really hated the way the anime shaped up, but the Law is true in the manga and its looking more and more as the series is coming to an end.

On topic:
Lee can't even use chakra, nor does he have a healing ability, but still he endured Gai's training, so Naruto doing it is not dependent on the Kyuubi, plus do remember that whatever way you see, Lee would not be Kage level nor can Naruto under Gai. Kage level fighters are multitalented with a strong grasp on fundamentals and an understanding of how combat works. That cannot happen until you have been to hundreds of missions and have experienced everything that is possible on a battlefield.
"

#60 whoamii

whoamii

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 05:01 AM

Lol, having Naruto beat up everyone would be pretty pointless. Where's that plot? Unless it was done in a humorous way, then I'd def. read that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users