135 replies to this topic

#41 Radon

Radon

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 03:23 PM

lol Not really flame worthy IMO, I have nothing agents SasuSaku in fandom as long as the authors don`t make Sasuke too OOC I`m fine with it really. It`s not my cup of tea but i`m not going to flame em for what they like.

All three of the cannon pairings do that in their fanfiction...

SasuSaku get rid of Naruto by pairing him with Hinata, killing him or having him get mad at Sakura or something.

NaruHina get rid of Sakura by pairing her with Sasuke, killing her or having her get mad at Naruto or something.

And NaruSaku get rid of Sasuke or Hinata by pairing them off with themselves or someone else, killing them or pissing off Naruto or Sakura.

It`s a common plot device to remove the obstacles that cause problems for your pairings that everyone does, even crack writers.

It should be taken in stride that they do this, as they see NaruSaku as enough of a threat to remove either of them from the picture. So we can guess that they really do see at least some threat from NaruSaku in cannon.
"Fact: The fandom makes characters look hotter and act hornier than they actually are..."

#42 Penandsword1

Penandsword1

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:23 PM

And NaruSaku get rid of Sasuke or Hinata by pairing them off with themselves or someone else, killing them or pissing off Naruto or Sakura.

I admit there are some NaruSaku stories where Sasuke is paired with Hinata (although, I do kinda like that pairing) or Sasuke died sometime before, during, or after the story, but I hadn't seen Hinata die in any of the NaruSaku stories. She's just too sweet to kill off.

I also rarely see a NaruSaku fic where Sasuke or Hinata pissed off Naruto or Sakura so badly that they are ignore for the rest of the story.
From the flight deck before takeoff: I'm only gonna say this once: You have to turn off your laptop, iPod, Game Boy, CD player, BlackBerry, blueberry, strawberry, cherry, and Halle Berry -- yes, you have to turn her off, too! You have to turn off anything that isn't keeping you alive.

--JetBlue flight, JFK

#43 Radon

Radon

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:29 AM

Well in that sense they make Sasuke evil, and I mean like mega evil, or more of a b****** than is needed, and I have seen some OOC evil Hinata stories. Where she basically tries to ruin Sakura and Naruto's life.
"Fact: The fandom makes characters look hotter and act hornier than they actually are..."

#44 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:10 AM

An evil Hinata? Now THAT's fiction!

I don't like it when the authors overdo everything. Hinata is painfully shy, Ino and Sakura are the biggest kittenes you can imagine, and Sasuke is on the edge of suicide or insanity (not the canon version, but the "slashes his wrists with the chidori while listening to My Chemical Romance" kind of emo) and Naruto is either super dumb, or he's stronger than the entire Akatsuki at eight years old (or even younger). I quit reading stories like that, even though they promise to end up NaruSaku... It's important to me to see that the author put at least a hint of thought into his characters before putting crap on paper.

#45 Radon

Radon

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:46 AM

I like reading fiction thats canon in as many ways as possible because one chapter a week just isn't enough for me tongue.gif I like to think of it as an extension of the story. Thats probably why I like Training and HoD so much. They are closer to canon than most fics out there and that helps make it believable.

#46 murdoc

murdoc

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 03:22 AM

QUOTE (Radon @ Aug 25 2007, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like reading fiction thats canon in as many ways as possible because one chapter a week just isn't enough for me tongue.gif I like to think of it as an extension of the story. Thats probably why I like Training and HoD so much. They are closer to canon than most fics out there and that helps make it believable.

Same here, but lately fics like that are taking a lot of time updating. Training for the job is a good fic but there is no way it's close to canon.

#47 Radon

Radon

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 03:54 AM

Well not necessarily close to canon but has that canon feel, you know? Some are way to angsty to be Naruto and some are way to weird to happen in the Naruto universe. I like to be able to feel that this COULD happen in the story if events lead to it.

#48 Sithking Zero

Sithking Zero

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Location:Everyone, everywhere, anyhow, anyway, anywhere, any day.
  • Interests:Megaman/Rockman, Bass, Code Lyoko, Naruto, Star Wars, Crossovers, writing fanfictions.

Posted 26 August 2007 - 04:07 AM

You know what I hate?

I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE GET OFF TOPIC!

THis thread is not to angst about how SasuSaku authors and NaruHina authors turn NaruSaku stories to their own ends. This thread is for one purpose: To show warnings about fanfics with bad scenes that you thought that people should know about before reading.

I have no fic to mention, I'm sorry.

#49 murdoc

murdoc

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 04:10 AM

QUOTE (Radon @ Aug 25 2007, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well not necessarily close to canon but has that canon feel, you know? Some are way to angsty to be Naruto and some are way to weird to happen in the Naruto universe. I like to be able to feel that this COULD happen in the story if events lead to it.

Yeah I know what you meant, I get that feeling when I read HoD

QUOTE (Sithking Zero @ Aug 26 2007, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know what I hate?

I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE GET OFF TOPIC!

THis thread is not to angst about how SasuSaku authors and NaruHina authors turn NaruSaku stories to their own ends. This thread is for one purpose: To show warnings about fanfics with bad scenes that you thought that people should know about before reading.

I have no fic to mention, I'm sorry.

You're right, but If you're gonna say something like that then at least post a warning if not you're doing the same as everybody else

#50 Gnosismaster

Gnosismaster

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE (Radon @ Aug 24 2007, 02:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well in that sense they make Sasuke evil, and I mean like mega evil, or more of a b****** than is needed, and I have seen some OOC evil Hinata stories. Where she basically tries to ruin Sakura and Naruto's life.

I need to read that. As long as NaruSaku stay together.

#51 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Interests:I am the bone of my Anime<br /><br />Marathoning is my body, and coffee is my blood<br /><br />I have watched over a thousand series<br /><br />Unknown to sleep<br /><br />Nor known to society<br /><br />Have withstood migraines to watch many episodes<br /><br />Waiting for the new season's arrival<br /><br />I have no regrets, this is the only path<br /><br />My whole life was Unlimited Anime Works

Posted 03 September 2007 - 09:38 AM

Through the Glass by Novice Named Jack left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

I know that what happens is a plot device and all, but...the fic progresses with a grand total of 2 conversations between Naruto and Sakura, with next to no hints of NaruSaku whatsoever. sweatdrop.gif It's well written and all, but the idea of Sakura forgetting Naruto so easily just puts me off. dry.gif

Sakura marries Sasuke and has a kid with him shortly after Naruto falls into a coma

#52 Radon

Radon

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 09:46 AM

In response to the above...

The later chapters suggest that it was a plan of Sasuke's to break Naruto. It is undecided weather it is a Genjutsu while his in the Coma still or something else. Who knows really, it hasn't been updated in so long...

#53 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Interests:I am the bone of my Anime<br /><br />Marathoning is my body, and coffee is my blood<br /><br />I have watched over a thousand series<br /><br />Unknown to sleep<br /><br />Nor known to society<br /><br />Have withstood migraines to watch many episodes<br /><br />Waiting for the new season's arrival<br /><br />I have no regrets, this is the only path<br /><br />My whole life was Unlimited Anime Works

Posted 03 September 2007 - 09:51 AM

Mmm yeah I guess. It was just updated recently, which is why i mentioned it. Even though it was a genjutsu, it was still a SasuSaku for just about the whole story, so yeah.

#54 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 10:32 AM

this sounds like a weird fic, can i get a link to it? search is broken atm

#55 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 10:35 AM

Here's the link: http://www.fanfictio...rough_the_Glass

#56 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 10:44 AM

ah this fic, i have this guy on my bookmarks, i planed to read this one day, strangely enough this guy is a member here i think lol

im not sure if ill still reas this, mainly because updates seem to take ages by this guy and i dont like waiting for happy endings tongue.gif

i may read it after its finished.

even though i hate the idea of sakura having someone elses kid, especially the emo-duck. Marrage is one thing, but i think having a child is taking it too far. But thats just me, and like i said, i may read it after its done.

#57 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 07:55 PM

Yeah, the write of Through the Glass is a member here...but he's been on a LONG hiatus.

I actually like the angst-fest in that fic.

You guys just like your lovey-dovey narusaku fics sleep.gif XD

#58 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 08:05 PM

I thought it was permanent and that he intended to just sort of fade away.

#59 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 11:10 PM

Not really, but SasuSaku hater is more like it sleep.gif

#60 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (Shriner @ Sep 3 2007, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought it was permanent and that he intended to just sort of fade away.

I heard from krazy that he's going to finish it or something. XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users