#241 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Mar 2 2009, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im going to step in on the who of the rookie 9 should have died argument a little.

There's only one member of the rookie 9 who should be guaranteed dead right now, and thats...Wait for it.

Naruto

yes Naruto should be dead. he took a Chidori to the chest a wound that should have resulted in mass collapse of his lung as well as electrocution. If you followed the fight he allo had his neck broken by a manuever that should have shattered his skull, and compression fractured his spine.

Yet miracle of miracles his tenenat regenerated wounds that should have been instantly fatal.

No other of the rookie 9 with the exception of lee has taken such serious injuries on screen.

Choji was not dead. He was dying. lets clear this up right away because Its becoming a somewhat silly argument. The red pill did not say it would KILL him outright ((like people seem to be arguing it would)) He says ""If I take It ill die.""

As in the taking of that pill will most likely be fatal. Not if i eat this ill die immediately like a suicide pill. its that the pill would do damage to his ssytem that would end up with him dying.

Choji was saved by the intervention of the medical squads who it was established that Tsunade sent after them. theyt stabilized him long enough for Tsunade to study the Nara clan manual and create the cure needed to arrest the pills affects. the rest is his own healing ability as he rests.

Neji

Neji was not dead he toow as dying and In point of fatc Neji had more capability to survive then Choji if were honest. Neji took two non fatal ((if admittedly painful)) penetration wounds. the impacts of those wounds were in relatively non vital areas that while if left untreated would almsot certianly lead to his death. but again the medical Squads ((read again plural squads as in multiple of them)) were able to find and stabilize him.

multiple gunshot wounds are painful and survivable with medical treatment. Ive even seen Impalements of people that by rights should have killed them yet they survived.

Lee was sevrerly injured yes, yet Lee had the advantage of having the most brilliant medical ninja in the history of the Shinobi world on his side. That she was able to heal his injuries was actually non consequential if were honest. What was more important was that his overcoming those injuries was a testament to his promise as a "Genius of Hard work" more then Tsunades treatment.

it was used as a story element to show how important dreams are to people how they were willing to fight for there dreams instead of giving up. in fact the moment he decieded to take the surgery Tsunade herself had a moment where she recognized Sarutobi senseis accomplishment of growing the will of fire amongst this youngfer generation. a genreration that would not give up their dreams at any cost.

Gaara. Now Gaara was most certianly dead i agree. Yet Gaaras resurection was NOT I repeat NOT about not killing the younger generation.

It was about the older generation passing on its dreams and hopes to the newer one. As well as Naruto and Sakuras power to change people for the better.

in the moment Chiyo an elder shinobi froma generation that valued strength and ruthlessness over compassion and love. A woman who would no sooner help her village then she would walk barefoot on cactus plants. makes a powerful choice.

having witnessed Sakura take a near fatal stab wound for her. haivng seen first hand the force of Narutos personality and the power of his dreams. Chiyo does something that a few chapters before this moment she would have thought absurd.

she channels all her chakra into a technique guranteed to kill her. She isnt able to do it as she lacks the chakra yet Naruto offers his own to a technique that may risk his own life as well. yet it works and Gaara is revived. Thus sealing the brotherly bond between them.

As she dies Chiyo passes her will to Sakura and Naruto

Their futures are differnet from our past

It was her wish that Naruto become a hokage liek none before and she told Skaur ahow she amdires her in a sense for psosessing a spirit unlike that of few other Kunoichi.

Gaaras death and revival had a storng symbolism behind it was not a coveneient plot to reveive a popular character as has been rehashed endlessly here.

Hinatas death too has symbolism. It did not come out of elft field as many believe. While her plot relevance had been waning sometimes a singular event can be used to drag them kicking and screaming into the spotlight again.

Her confession closes the shy wallflower chapter of her life and ends her plot relevance period. As othes have stated her confession before her death is actually a well used anime trope. other characters ((forgive me I cant recall to many examples at the moment)) have used this trope before.

Yufi and Shirley from Code Geass come to mind before there deaths both confessed to loving someone. Shirley to lelouch.

I honestly give Kishimoto props for this moment. It takes a lot fo guts to kill a character, any character honestly. especially one you KNOW will envoke an outraged fan response.

But as long as the editors dont cave in and have him pull some ressurection nojutsu BS on her becaus eof ehr popularity things will be fine.

Her sacrafice was as she stated a selfish act based on her admiration and love for him. It brings forth again KIshimotos use of themes in the manga. the ultimate sacrafice is that of your life for the one you love most.

Hinata has done so and in the fashion of one who sacrafices themselves she lifted the veil off her heart and embraced her feelings wholeheartedly. She knew she was going to die and dint care as long as it protected the one she cared for.

Its why Naruto was able to use such tremendous power without using the 9 tails in his fight agaisnt Gaara. his absolutel need to protect Sakura whom he loves.

The key to keep in mind is that every death in Naruto the story has a symbolism. from the symbolism of Haku sacraficing himself to save Zabuza whom he cared about ((thus reinforcing the lesson to Naruto))

to the sensless death of Shizune and Asuma who were murdered to show the callous nature of the Akatsuki in pursuit of their goals. Their willingness to kill without remorse to achive their ends.

Hinatas death has a great signifigance. What remains to be seen is what that signifigance is and how it will affect those who have inherited her legacy.

Cheers Catsi, spoiled Code geass for me sad.gif

anyhow you are right, it seems people tend to forget there is a storyteller who has a vision about how his story should go and no matter how many people, like Hinata has sufferd even worse injuries and lived, her death is way to symbolic to let her live after this thing

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#242 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:20 PM

Ill try and answer each point best I can

It's not the matter of should or should they not be dead. Miracles happen, and Tsuande is skilledl. What the issue for many of is the trend that's established by constantly saving/reviving those that were "supposed" to die. People don't think Hinata's dead

I dont believe that such a trend exists at all.

A) Choji was not dead nor was he in such a situation where he could be considered dead. Was he dying? yes absolutley but he was not dead.

B) Neji and Lee also were not dead though they too were severly wounded.

C) Gaara was dead (but Gaara so far has been the only one ressurected and this was done for a very specific purpose whichw as to pass on Chiyos sacrafice.

D) I do grant that Hinatas death has been a bit vague so untill we have confirmation I agree its a bit early. It for me is simply more a matter of understanding the plot relevance of her ""Death"" if death it is.

to me he has simply done a very good job of setting up some trully dramatic moments and leaving them opent o interpretation at the time.

With Hinata, does her "death" have the same meaning if she lives or is it even more a contrived plot device than some already think it is? I think the worst thing Kishimoto could do at this point is try and half-way this like Chouji and Neji. By that I mean revive her and then write off to irrelevancy again. It dumbs down the significance of her sacrifice, it dumbs down the theme of Naruto feeling pain (how can Naruto understand Nagato's pain as Nagato had to watch his parents die not get hurt and live), further cements the trend of being unable to kill the Rookie Nine, and comes across as a contrived plot device designed to make Naruto go Kyuubi and nothing more

to be honest in what you wrote above you and I see eye to eye in this regard. For hinatas sacrafice to retain its signifigance she msut remain dead.

I think the key argument really is that people dont think he has the courage to kill her off. To whit I reply well see. He has killed characters before so well see if the Rookie 9 just took its first direct causalty of this war.

Sorry Dormin was going off the dubbed verion on CN thought everyone would be caught up on that one. Sowies sad.gif
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#243 SageNaru

SageNaru

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga and Vidya

Posted 03 March 2009 - 01:53 AM

I just really wanna see what the 6 tails can do. I really would've like to see naruto beat pain with sage mode. But i like it when he goes kyubii. I think it's awesome!!! (Except for the fact that it could kill him and what yamato said about using his own power) but I have this bad feeling that naruto might be blamed for the destruction of konoha. Cause hes in the fox form and konoha is really messed up. But..maybe I'm just going crazy. I wanna see what team Gai will do now that they are back.

#244 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:59 AM

Can't wait to see what the 6 tails can do against Pain~

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#245 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:17 AM

Yeah can't wait for the 6tail action!!!

I wonder if that skeleton kyuubi around him will have any significance, wether it adds defence, special powers, or if its only a visual marker for how many tails he has.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#246 Urazz

Urazz

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:18 AM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Mar 2 2009, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it possible that, as some people have already speculated here, that Hinata might try to pass on her last words to Sakura? We know Hinata has always stalked watched Naruto, so is she aware of Naruto's affection for Sakura? I wonder if Kishimoto plans to have Hinata spark something in Sakura.

That would actually be pretty good yet sad. I can actually seeing something like this happening. And I'm sure Hinata is aware of Naruto's feelings towards Sakura. He has never tried to hide that fact and has asked her out in public several times so it probably causes gossip.
Urazz: Hey sis what's going on?
Urazz's Sister: I cut myself.
Urazz: Take it like a man even if your a woman.
Urazz's Sister: Ok!
*Urazz's Sister kicks Urazz in the groin.*
Urazz: $%^&*#
Urazz's Sister: I dunno. I'm sure it's much better to take it like a woman. That was evidence to support my theory.
*Urazz whimpers like a baby*

#247 SageNaru

SageNaru

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:30 AM

QUOTE (zman170 @ Mar 3 2009, 04:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah can't wait for the 6tail action!!!

I wonder if that skeleton kyuubi around him will have any significance, wether it adds defence, special powers, or if its only a visual marker for how many tails he has.

Well I think the skeleton just represents how much more he is starting to look like the kyubii. But it would be awesome if it had some sort of special ability or power. happy.gif

#248 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:02 AM

Is it possible that, as some people have already speculated here, that Hinata might try to pass on her last words to Sakura? We know Hinata has always stalked watched Naruto, so is she aware of Naruto's affection for Sakura? I wonder if Kishimoto plans to have Hinata spark something in Sakura.

QUOTE (Urazz @ Mar 2 2009, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That would actually be pretty good yet sad. I can actually seeing something like this happening. And I'm sure Hinata is aware of Naruto's feelings towards Sakura. He has never tried to hide that fact and has asked her out in public several times so it probably causes gossip.

Actually this is one of the only reasons I can see for Hinata to not be immediately dead.

Many people speculated at the beginning of this that Tsunade would die and her dying words would be an exultation to action for Sakura to confront her feelings for Naruto head on so she doesnt lose the chance to be with someone who loves her.

But what if it is shy little hinata who expresses this to Sakura? Sakura is aware of Hinatas crush and she may try her hardest to save her. But HInata may tell ehr not too. she may say something to the extent that Naruto needs her now more then ever. SHe will then urge her to not lose the chance to love him by remaining in denial as she did.

it would be a trully touching scene and a fine end for Hinata even more appropriate then her simply dying to protect him.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#249 SageNaru

SageNaru

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:44 AM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Mar 3 2009, 06:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually this is one of the only reasons I can see for Hinata to not be immediately dead.

Many people speculated at the beginning of this that Tsunade would die and her dying words would be an exultation to action for Sakura to confront her feelings for Naruto head on so she doesnt lose the chance to be with someone who loves her.

But what if it is shy little hinata who expresses this to Sakura? Sakura is aware of Hinatas crush and she may try her hardest to save her. But HInata may tell ehr not too. she may say something to the extent that Naruto needs her now more then ever. SHe will then urge her to not lose the chance to love him by remaining in denial as she did.

it would be a trully touching scene and a fine end for Hinata even more appropriate then her simply dying to protect him.

Wow..that would actually be really good. And that would be a good way for Hinata to go out. That has much more meaning to it then simply dying. I would really like to see that now. I would also love to see Sakura trying to suppress or calm Naruto down. That would be a classic narusaku moment. Even though it probably wont work cause he's not in control anymore...but still hoping for it. happy.gif

#250 Vic Rattlehead

Vic Rattlehead

Droogie

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Metal, Naruto, NASCAR, Icha Icha

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:48 PM

everything else aside, this will go down as one of the most controversial moments in the history of Naruto.

"The Crow Flies Straight, A Perfect line. On The Devil's Back Until You Die..."

#251 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Mar 2 2009, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why did Kishimoto choose to place Hyuuga ANBU with Hinata and Sakura? He did it so that they would be aware of what was happening. We have already seen Hinata try to save Naruto, confessing her feelings to him in the process. Now, what about Sakura? I find it very difficult to think she would just stand by. That Hyuuga with her is almost certain to report Hinata getting stabbed and Naruto going berserk.

Is Kishimoto setting up a scene where Sakura decides to go in? Is he trying to set up an interaction between Sakura and Hinata? Sakura can't stop a six-tails Kyuubi Naruto on her own, but she can try to help Hinata if Kyuubi Naruto and Pain get far enough away. The only problem is Sakura had almost exhausted all her chakra healing people before Pain crushed Konoha.

I had the same thoughts. I've been predicting that the Hyuuga that was with Sakura and Tsunade would go in and retrieve Hinata to bring back for healing, and just like Asuma she'll have an untreatable wound but can say some last words. That could give her a chance to pass something on to her father or Neji as well.

...Though I feel kind of silly making predictions when the spoilers will be out tomorrow and I'll most likely be wrong.

QUOTE (Vic Rattlehead @ Mar 3 2009, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
everything else aside, this will go down as one of the most controversial moments in the history of Naruto.

Yeah... no matter what happens, there will be mixed reactions. I hope Kishimoto prepared himself.

#252 Vic Rattlehead

Vic Rattlehead

Droogie

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Metal, Naruto, NASCAR, Icha Icha

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE (Daniee @ Mar 3 2009, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah... no matter what happens, there will be mixed reactions. I hope Kishimoto prepared himself.

agreed.

"The Crow Flies Straight, A Perfect line. On The Devil's Back Until You Die..."

#253 SageNaru

SageNaru

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:05 AM

QUOTE (Vic Rattlehead @ Mar 3 2009, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same here. He's already getting mixed reactions about this. Hinata fans are pissed that she might die and naruhina fans are happy (hinatas confession) some people actually like the idea of her dying. I am..but not in a bad way cause I actually liked her. But its just better if she dies I think.

#254 Vld

Vld

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:21 PM

...can't believe i will say that, but if she gives Sakura the "Naruto gives you, stop with this silly denial" i will actually accept her death. With lots of sadness, and lots of reluctance... but i will accept it.

#255 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:08 PM

This chapter sure made for a lot of busy busy people on DA. Check out some of these cool artworkz:
Anger vs Pain

Chapter 437 reaction lolz

NaruXHina; Don't cry (so cuute!!)

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#256 SageNaru

SageNaru

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Mar 4 2009, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This chapter sure made for a lot of busy busy people on DA. Check out some of these cool artworkz:
Anger vs Pain

Chapter 437 reaction lolz

NaruXHina; Don't cry (so cuute!!)

Anger vs. Pain=Awesome

Chapter 437 Reaction=lmao

NaruXHina= Can't help but smile. It's cute. happy.gif

QUOTE (Vld @ Mar 4 2009, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...can't believe i will say that, but if she gives Sakura the "Naruto gives you, stop with this silly denial" i will actually accept her death. With lots of sadness, and lots of reluctance... but i will accept it.

That would be a really good way for her to go then just flat out die. That's just what I think though.

Edited by SageNaru, 06 March 2009 - 12:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users