#61 neoshadow

neoshadow

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Dec 25 2012, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks very nice. One main question: where does it ends?

The story mode you mean? They're being rather coy about that, they said it would be up to date with the anime when the game is released (March) but they also said it would please fans of the manga. If I had to guess I'd say it would at least go up to Naruto Bee Kakashi Gai vs Tobi but this is just me guessing. It isn't like 1 or 2 there isn't a clean cut end point is there?

If it were me I would end it when the Edo Tensei is released and Tobi is unmasked but that's just where I would end it.

#62 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

SK-303_image007.jpg

#63 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

Bleh... the ougis still suck and it looks the exact same as the others.
Come on... Please, step it up for this game. Don't shovel us the same crap. I want to be able to enjoy a Naruto game again besides Broken Bond.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#64 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Dec 25 2012, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bleh... the ougis still suck and it looks the exact same as the others.
Come on... Please, step it up for this game. Don't shovel us the same crap. I want to be able to enjoy a Naruto game again besides Broken Bond.

Well it's the same as other ninja storm games, even if they add little new features it's still the same fighting style game. I mean look at the DBZ games it's the same thing but each game has more characters, that's the only thing different.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#65 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Dec 25 2012, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well it's the same as other ninja storm games, even if they add little new features it's still the same fighting style game. I mean look at the DBZ games it's the same thing but each game has more characters, that's the only thing different.

It's the same engine they just added more stuff if they want to make another game they should start doing another version of the engine they are currently using.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#66 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Dec 25 2012, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's the same engine they just added more stuff if they want to make another game they should start doing another version of the engine they are currently using.

And even if it's the same people are going to buy it. It's still going to sell, as long as it brings Namco Bandai $$$$ they will continue doing the same thing over and over again.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#67 Zatheko

Zatheko

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Writing, MMO's, Games

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:40 AM

Well I skipped generations because I knew this game was gonna come out sooner or later, and glad I did, I have storm 2 but Im still looking forward to this since it has a lot more playable characters than storm 2 and the story goes further smile.gif

#68 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Dec 25 2012, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Look at the jump from Raging Blast 1 to Raging Blast 2. That was a much larger change than more characters. They revamped the fighting mechanics completely. And then from Raging Blast 2 to Ultimate Tenkaichi. For better or for worse, they at least tried something new with each game. Storm isn't doing that.

AboojTi.gif

#69 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:10 AM

Well if it works and is liked, I wouldn't change it. I keep hearing people say that they want new game play cause they get the same thing over and over again. When they get it, 9/10 times they say it sucks and want the old game play back. So I would not be TOO eager for change personally. Just saying

Edited by Phantom_999, 28 December 2012 - 06:11 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#70 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:16 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Dec 28 2012, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well if it works and is liked, I wouldn't change it. I keep hearing people say that they want new game play cause they get the same thing over and over again. When they get it, 9/10 times they say it sucks and want the old game play back. So I would not be TOO eager for change personally. Just saying

I see where you're coming from, but there's a difference between "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and laziness. And considering some of the actions taken (like severely nerfing the ougis from Storm 1 for Generations instead of trying to make the rest of the terrible ougis as good as the old ones), I'm thinking it's laziness.

AboojTi.gif

#71 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:38 AM

Eh, fair enough. Most Anime/manga video games are for cash cowing anyway. they expect the hard core fans to buy the merchandise no matter how bad the quality is.

Edited by Phantom_999, 28 December 2012 - 06:41 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#72 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

QUOTE (neoshadow @ Dec 25 2012, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The story mode you mean? They're being rather coy about that, they said it would be up to date with the anime when the game is released (March) but they also said it would please fans of the manga. If I had to guess I'd say it would at least go up to Naruto Bee Kakashi Gai vs Tobi but this is just me guessing. It isn't like 1 or 2 there isn't a clean cut end point is there?

If it were me I would end it when the Edo Tensei is released and Tobi is unmasked but that's just where I would end it.

It's now confirmed for release on March 5th.

Judging by the last episode of January, which is (probably) the first part of Naruto vs Itachi, and February is likely Naruto & Gaara vs the Kages, I don't think they'll end it with ET Madara appearing. They'll probably end it with the GM vs Choji (first day of the war).

So if they want the story mode to be satisfying, I suggest everyone to skip this game. (Screw anime pacing!!)

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#73 neoshadow

neoshadow

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:14 AM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Jan 5 2013, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's now confirmed for release on March 5th.

Judging by the last episode of January, which is (probably) the first part of Naruto vs Itachi, and February is likely Naruto & Gaara vs the Kages, I don't think they'll end it with ET Madara appearing. They'll probably end it with the GM vs Choji (first day of the war).

So if they want the story mode to be satisfying, I suggest everyone to skip this game. (Screw anime pacing!!)

I think its a fair assessment that the game won't go as far as everyone hopes it will but just because its primarily based off the anime does not mean it has to follow the pacing that the anime sets, if I remember correctly when Storm 2 was released the anime was still a few months away from the Naruto vs Pain fight but that and the resolution of that arc are still in the game, it explains when so much of the game recreated the environments of the anime the Pain fight looks quite different, sunny in the anime overcast in the game, they had nothing to base it on instead seemed to base it off the opening for that arc.

if you don't want to know about a potentially leaked part of the game don't click --Click here to view--
A couple of weeks ago some fans found that artwork for Naruto's tailed beast mode version 2 (the one where him and Kurama join forces) was hidden in the coding for the official website, this suggests he is in the game in some capacity, he could just be a fan pleasing extra like Bee in Storm 2 or its possible the game's story could go that far.

Oh and for anyone outside of America the release date is the 8th of March.

#74 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

Here's the Jinchuriki trailer with english subs.

So it seems like all the Jinchuriki's will be playable. That's actually really cool, especially since most of them never really got a chance to shine in the manga (not while they were alive at least;)).

This trailer really managed to bring back some of the hype for me, especially the parts that will supposedsedly take place during the war. If there's one thing I really liked about UNS1 and 2 it was how they really managed to make the fights epic, even more so than the anime.

And lol @ giant Chouji vs. Gedo Mazo. laugh.gif

The only bad thing I can see about this game is that it probably wont' last until the end of the war, but maybe that depends on how far along the anime is when we reach march. I suppose if it takes another three years until Ultimate Ninja Storm 4, then that means that game will cover the rest of the series, but then again there's the fillers to consider so they'll probably manage to keep this series going for at least a couple more games. happy.gif

Edited by TerrorKing, 08 January 2013 - 12:57 AM.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#75 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:34 AM

QUOTE (TerrorKing @ Jan 7 2013, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's the Jinchuriki trailer with english subs.

So it seems like all the Jinchuriki's will be playable. That's actually really cool, especially since most of them never really got a chance to shine in the manga (not while they were alive at least;)).

This trailer really managed to bring back some of the hype for me, especially the parts that will supposedsedly take place during the war. If there's one thing I really liked about UNS1 and 2 it was how they really managed to make the fights epic, even more so than the anime.

And lol @ giant Chouji vs. Gedo Mazo. laugh.gif

The only bad thing I can see about this game is that it probably wont' last until the end of the war, but maybe that depends on how far along the anime is when we reach march. I suppose if it takes another three years until Ultimate Ninja Storm 4, then that means that game will cover the rest of the series, but then again there's the fillers to consider so they'll probably manage to keep this series going for at least a couple more games. happy.gif

UNS2 had the Pein Invasion Arc 2 or 3 Months before it happened in the Anime.

uc.png

#76 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

More outfits coming via DLC: ANBU Kakashi, Road to Ninja Sasuke and Hinata and Sakura gaining a swimsuit (not sure which one)

Naruto is going DOA on us with Sakura! th_7eyytubokky7rehok1k.gif (If you know what I mean pictureem0.gif )

Source: http://www.saiyanisl...uit-sakura-dlc/

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#77 neoshadow

neoshadow

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jan 17 2013, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
More outfits coming via DLC: ANBU Kakashi, Road to Ninja Sasuke and Hinata and Sakura gaining a swimsuit (not sure which one)

Naruto is going DOA on us with Sakura! th_7eyytubokky7rehok1k.gif (If you know what I mean pictureem0.gif )

th_7eyytubokky7rehok1k.gif I'll be in my bunk. Seriously it's funny that a couple of days ago in the debate thread it was brought up that Kishi doesn't like sexualizing Sakura, but the anime and games have no problem doing so.

So Hinata and Sasuke are getting Road to Ninja outfits, I'm praying Menma is either a) an outfit or b) a full playable character. Also I know it was only just shown but I'd love the samurai outfit Sakura has in the colour spread in 616 as future dlc.

#78 Zatheko

Zatheko

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Writing, MMO's, Games

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jan 16 2013, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Swimsuit Sakura eh? wub.gif

My desire to own this game keeps increasing pictureem0.gif

#79 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

So no Kaioken for Naruto using his Goku outfit? tongue.gif