Chapter 488 Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
201 replies to this topic

#1 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,843 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:05 PM

Mangastream: http://mangastream.c...naruto/488-79/1

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#2 LadyIris

LadyIris

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:06 PM

Out here: 488

#3 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:08 PM

Hey I don't think we met before, welcome to H&E! wave.gif I guess this is a awkward way of introducing yourself. biggrin.gif

That, was a little harsh Derock, deleting LadyIris chapter thread. biggrin.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 24 March 2010 - 10:12 PM.

#4 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:13 PM

Sakura's expression on Page 5 as she looks down at the love of her life Naruto...absolutely priceless wub.gif

#5 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,843 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Mar 24 2010, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That, was a little harsh Derock, deleting LadyIris chapter thread. biggrin.gif

Actually, I merged the topics together. She posted the thread as soon as after I posted mine.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#6 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:18 PM

I read it wow.png
And... Boring? Nothing happened. I thought Naruto was adorable when he fell asleep, aww. Naruto getting Ramon makes me wanna get some *goes in cabinet* Mm Maru-chan. Random <.<..

Welp, no Kabutomaru or Kisame at all... Only real good think about this chapter is Tsunades awake,...*wait for it*.......

WOoOOOOOOOOoOH!!!! wow.png 111189.gif heheelq7.png *tears of joy* shamefulcry0js.gif

#7 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:20 PM

HOMG don't DO that Kishi! I really thought we'd also lost Tsunade DX ;_;

#8 Jade Ninja

Jade Ninja

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Skiing, skiing, more skiing, watch anime/read manga while not skiing.<br /><br />Oh, and getting sponsored for skiing.<br /><br />Oh, and drinking in hottubs after skiing.<br /><br />...<br /><br />and hot chicks.<br /><br />...<br /><br />preferably in hottubs drinking with me.

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:20 PM

Tsunade awake. I'm happy and everything...but that was a HOKAGE kitten-BLOCK. Damn, that made me angry. Anyway, I'm more interested in Naruto as a tragic character now. And...dare I suspect...NaruKarin? Probably not, but I think there's a high chance that she'll be used to throw Sakura's feelings into sharp relief, since she IS Sakura's foil.
The world is going to hell in a sporty dream car, and I'm here to point it out.

#9 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Mar 24 2010, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, I merged the topics together. She posted the thread as soon as after I posted mine.

Oh, Okay. happy.gif Yeah Sakura had it coming. happy.gif Glad to see Tsunade wake up and hopefully Naruto will talk to her about his past.

The way Naruto passed with the others lined up in a row reminds me of the kindergarten nap time days. biggrin.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 24 March 2010 - 10:24 PM.

#10 crazyefra

crazyefra

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Living, Having a lot of friends. <br />In terms of music, anything but Bachata (excluding Juan Luis Guerra), Reggaeton and Merengue. <br />In terms of anime and T.V. shows, Naruto, Bleach, Kekkaishi, Psych, Burn Notice, Mythbusters, Family Guy, Attack of the Show, White Collar, Heroes. <br />In terms of movies, anything but Twilight, &quot;girly&quot; movies, high school &quot;dramas&quot;, horror movies (excluding zombie flicks). <br />In terms of fanfics, I only read stories with NS as the pairing or Naruharem fics with Sakura being part of it and nothing where Sakura or Naruto gets bashed constantly and killed like if they were animals.

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:22 PM

Liked the chapter. I 111189.gif at Sakura when Naruto fell asleep because she thought he was gonna wake the others up. Now ppl (more like NH fans) are saying Naruto's an as***le for ignoring Hinata.

Edited by crazyefra, 24 March 2010 - 10:24 PM.

そして、あなたの声は私が聞いたすべてだった
しかし、私に値するものを手に入れる

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSaku, (Fem)NaruSaku, NaruSasu (as brothers, rivals, best friends), ShikaTema, NaruInoSaku, NaruHarem (excluding Hinata), MinaKushi, ChouIno, YahiKona
Fairy Tail: NatsuLucy, NatsuErza :D
Bleach: IchiRukia

Characters:
Naruto: Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, Konan, Gaara, Kushina, Kakashi, Ino
Fairy Tail: Erza, Happy, Natsu, Grey, Lucy, Gajeel
Bleach: Ichigo, Nell, Kenpachi, Rukia, Karin, Kon

Misc.: Linkin Park, Green Day

In between Anti and Pro: --Click here to view--

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSakuHina, SakuHina, NaruTayu, KibaHina, SakuKarin
Bleach: IchiHime

Characters:
Naruto: Hinata, Tayuya, Karin, Itachi
Bleach: Orihime, Chad

Misc.: Yuri :D

Pairings:
Naruto: SasuSaku, NaruHina, NaruSasu (as gay lovers), KakaSaku, SasuAnyone, ShikaIno

Characters:
Naruto: Sasuke, Madara, "fanon" Hinata (not to be confused with canon Hinata), Kabuto
Bleach: Aizen, Yamamoto

Misc.:Twilight, Yaoi, Fillers, Sakura bashing

#11 firegirl

firegirl

im a ghost

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Interests:narusaku, politics, debating, wrtiting art

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:25 PM

Well its pretty interesting..heh i like the part where Sakura indeed smiled at Naruto and was watching him sleep while Kakashi said he was looking like he was free from a heavy burden..she seems happy to see Naruto like that again..

Naruto is more serious then he use to be after using that fake excuse their is defiantly something else he is hiding and hes planing to do everything on his know AND SAKURA IS curious an want to find out what hes hiding..so i do think she will want an answer soon..

IM SOO GLAD TSUNADE IS AWAKE YAY...but what will she do kakashi is hokage right?

#12 LadyIris

LadyIris

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:32 PM

Aww dang it, late one minute. Well, since I feel like I owe an introduction to myself, I've been addicted to Naruto and Narusaku since 1 year ago, when my manga crazy friend insisted I tried one chapter. I did so naively and forever plunged myself into the depths of Narutodom... whatever that means.

In other news, this episode was one of those ol' cheery getting-punched-by-sakura-and-eating-ramen type chaps, refreshing from the recent Sasuke arc and whatnot. And Tsunade waking up is... just awesome. Nothing more to add XD

Looking forward to Kabuto's reappearance!!

#13 Anewhope2

Anewhope2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:33 PM

I thought that Tsunade was going to die, but I am happy she is alive. Still doesn't change the fact that the elders are going to elect Kakashi as the new hokage, right?
Is Sasuke really that powerful? Yeah i guess so if you took your overpowered brother's abilities with what I call "the vulcan mind fusion" of the manga, and put it with another overpowered character, yeah I think you would be powerful too. Oh yeah on top of that, he is getting the eyes as well, um super god powers go!?

Is there new manga coming out next week, or is it golden week next week?

Edited by Anewhope2, 24 March 2010 - 10:44 PM.

#14 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:35 PM

Remember not to bash NH fans or NH itself.

I thought the chapter was good. It's setting up for what is going to happen next. And Sakura is so cute when she's looking at Naruto. And I loved Karin's expressions in this chapter, too. It also seems that something else did happen during the Naruto & Sasuke confrontation considering he's hiding something. Hope it's good.

#15 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:39 PM

Hmm, I feel a little bad for Kakashi, but I'm glad Tsunade is back. I missed her.

I wonder what Naruto saw about Sasuke that makes him think he can't beat him. Since he can sense chakra in his Sage Mode, did he see the same thing that Karin did about Sasuke's chakra getting darker?

It's interesting to see how Karin views Naruto. Open and warm, with a hidden darkness inside. It's like the exact opposite of Sasuke right now, Darkness surrounding him with a tiny glimmer of light in the middle.

I hate the fact that Sasuke just got another free powerup. As if he hasn't gotten enough of those already. I can only hope this is the last one. The Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan should be the ultimate power for an Uchiha, after all. If he gets anything else after this, it's going to be getting to DBZ levels of insane powerups for no reason.

Sai still doesn't get human interaction, does he? I can't believe he thanked Naruto for insulting him, and with a straight face! sleep.gif

I wonder what Root is going to do now? They know Danzou is gone, and the silencing seals on them have disappeared. While their actions haven't been the best, they were just trying to keep Konoha safe. I hope Tsunade puts them to work. I'd like to see some more of them. Fu and Torune were interesting characters, even if they only lasted 10 chapters.

I'm glad that Sakura is finally starting to get back to her old self. I'm sick of the mopey girl we've had for the last arc. It was depressing. Since Tsunade is back, I hope Sakura gets some much needed training time. And I don't just mean strength training. She really needs to have a heart-to-heart with her Master. Tsunade could really give her a kick in the right direction regarding her actions. It's about time she stopped basing her entire life off of her teammates. Naruto and Sasuke are important to her, sure. But that doesn't mean she should ignore her own progress in favor of their's. All that does is handicap her when it comes time for her to head into a battle.

Oh, and was it just me, or did that televised conference seem insanely out of place in the Narutoverse? It was like "TVs the hell out of nowhere!" It just seemed really random.

Huh, I guess I really liked this chapter. I haven't thought about a single one so much in a long while. happy.gif

#16 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:39 PM

Pretty interesting chapter to end an arc, glad that Tsunade is coming back, I also love how they have TVs and satellite dishes

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#17 crazyefra

crazyefra

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Living, Having a lot of friends. <br />In terms of music, anything but Bachata (excluding Juan Luis Guerra), Reggaeton and Merengue. <br />In terms of anime and T.V. shows, Naruto, Bleach, Kekkaishi, Psych, Burn Notice, Mythbusters, Family Guy, Attack of the Show, White Collar, Heroes. <br />In terms of movies, anything but Twilight, &quot;girly&quot; movies, high school &quot;dramas&quot;, horror movies (excluding zombie flicks). <br />In terms of fanfics, I only read stories with NS as the pairing or Naruharem fics with Sakura being part of it and nothing where Sakura or Naruto gets bashed constantly and killed like if they were animals.

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:43 PM

Ok I won't bash (even though I wasn't). What else, oh, it was great to see the reest of the rookies and Gai's team.
そして、あなたの声は私が聞いたすべてだった
しかし、私に値するものを手に入れる

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSaku, (Fem)NaruSaku, NaruSasu (as brothers, rivals, best friends), ShikaTema, NaruInoSaku, NaruHarem (excluding Hinata), MinaKushi, ChouIno, YahiKona
Fairy Tail: NatsuLucy, NatsuErza :D
Bleach: IchiRukia

Characters:
Naruto: Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, Konan, Gaara, Kushina, Kakashi, Ino
Fairy Tail: Erza, Happy, Natsu, Grey, Lucy, Gajeel
Bleach: Ichigo, Nell, Kenpachi, Rukia, Karin, Kon

Misc.: Linkin Park, Green Day

In between Anti and Pro: --Click here to view--

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSakuHina, SakuHina, NaruTayu, KibaHina, SakuKarin
Bleach: IchiHime

Characters:
Naruto: Hinata, Tayuya, Karin, Itachi
Bleach: Orihime, Chad

Misc.: Yuri :D

Pairings:
Naruto: SasuSaku, NaruHina, NaruSasu (as gay lovers), KakaSaku, SasuAnyone, ShikaIno

Characters:
Naruto: Sasuke, Madara, "fanon" Hinata (not to be confused with canon Hinata), Kabuto
Bleach: Aizen, Yamamoto

Misc.:Twilight, Yaoi, Fillers, Sakura bashing

#18 Anewhope2

Anewhope2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Mar 24 2010, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, I feel a little bad for Kakashi, but I'm glad Tsunade is back. I missed her.

I wonder what Naruto saw about Sasuke that makes him think he can't beat him. Since he can sense chakra in his Sage Mode, did he see the same thing that Karin did about Sasuke's chakra getting darker?

It's interesting to see how Karin views Naruto. Open and warm, with a hidden darkness inside. It's like the exact opposite of Sasuke right now, Darkness surrounding him with a tiny glimmer of light in the middle.

I hate the fact that Sasuke just got another free powerup. As if he hasn't gotten enough of those already. I can only hope this is the last one. The Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan should be the ultimate power for an Uchiha, after all. If he gets anything else after this, it's going to be getting to DBZ levels of insane powerups for no reason.

Sai still doesn't get human interaction, does he? I can't believe he thanked Naruto for insulting him, and with a straight face! sleep.gif

I wonder what Root is going to do now? They know Danzou is gone, and the silencing seals on them have disappeared. While their actions haven't been the best, they were just trying to keep Konoha safe. I hope Tsunade puts them to work. I'd like to see some more of them. Fu and Torune were interesting characters, even if they only lasted 10 chapters.

I'm glad that Sakura is finally starting to get back to her old self. I'm sick of the mopey girl we've had for the last arc. It was depressing. Since Tsunade is back, I hope Sakura gets some much needed training time. And I don't just mean strength training. She really needs to have a heart-to-heart with her Master. Tsunade could really give her a kick in the right direction regarding her actions. It's about time she stopped basing her entire life off of her teammates. Naruto and Sasuke are important to her, sure. But that doesn't mean she should ignore her own progress in favor of their's. All that does is handicap her when it comes time for her to head into a battle.

Oh, and was it just me, or did that televised conference seem insanely out of place in the Narutoverse? It was like "TVs the hell out of nowhere!" It just seemed really random.

Huh, I guess I really liked this chapter. I haven't thought about a single one so much in a long while. happy.gif

You know what, I look foward to the Tsunade discussion as well. Maybe a revelation would pop up, and then maybe a conversation with Naruto and Sakura followed by that.

#19 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:52 PM

Is it just me or was Sasuke smiling creepy...? I *still* think Sasuke has some connection to Kyuubi; and I think I'm right xD remember Karin going "Oh he's so warm and sunshiney! Wait... Evil chakra just like-"
Kakshi was this close *Pinches fingers* to becoming "official" Hokage, but I don't think he is because Tsunade is awake... I love you girl! Now she can beat some sense into Sakura kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

#20 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Mar 24 2010, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think Sai was being "sarcastic".

You haven't noticed the powerlines, gas propane tank beside Ichiraku's restaurant, and light bulbs in homes and other places, so it was no surprise to me that they had TV as well. happy.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 24 March 2010 - 11:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users