• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 30 December 2014 - 05:45 PM

So Lions vs the Cowboys... well its definitely gonna be interesting

Yeah but they are still the Lions. If anyone can find a way to blow it they can.

Words that will ring true until proven otherwise  -_-

EDIT: I've never felt so cheated... what the hell kind of officiating was that? Cowboys are frauds 

Edited by MangaReader, 07 January 2015 - 06:07 AM.

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#1842 DJSparty

DJSparty

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:09 AM

Lions got jobbed. Majorly.

#1843 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:15 PM

Lions got jobbed. Majorly.

Surprise ,surprise...

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#1844 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:05 PM

So Lions vs the Cowboys... well its definitely gonna be interesting
Words that will ring true until proven otherwise  -_-

EDIT: I've never felt so cheated... what the hell kind of officiating was that? Cowboys are frauds

I didn't pesonally see the play.

As much as I hate the Cowboys, I wanted Seattle for Carolina. Panthers still very much (and rightfully so) the underdog, but their style of play works better against Seattle. Panthers biggest weakness on D is secondary, which Rodgers murdered in Week 7 (although it's not the same guys).

#1845 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 09 January 2015 - 05:20 PM

I didn't pesonally see the play.

It was more like a series of plays that all started with the call turned no call

As for the Carolina Panther's, your actually the second person to tell me they have a good chance against Seattle. We'll have to see how it goes but if the fix is in like people are beginning to suspect, it very well could be a Cowboys vs Seahawks NFC championship just to make the Cowboys relevant again for money's sake.

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#1846 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:46 PM

It was more like a series of plays that all started with the call turned no call

As for the Carolina Panther's, your actually the second person to tell me they have a good chance against Seattle. We'll have to see how it goes but if the fix is in like people are beginning to suspect, it very well could be a Cowboys vs Seahawks NFC championship just to make the Cowboys relevant again for money's sake.

I didn't mean they stood a good chance (though they were in it until midway through the fourth quarter), just that Green Bay was a worse match-up for them. I think they are better than their 7-8-1 record suggests, but they look like an almost-team at the moment. They need another receiver, and help in the secondary. The current one is very young and maybe those guys develop, but that is the D's weakness. Lynch had a couple of good runs, but was largely contained. It's the deep passes that just killed them (and the inability to tackle Luke Wilson). And the turnovers. Offense is still too careless with the football.

So, this happened yesterday

https://twitter.com/...6695552/photo/1

#1847 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:35 PM

As a Packer fan I can say with great confidence that we are going to... GET MURDERED! My fellow fans have gotten quite mad at me. But there's being a fan and then there's being plain blind.

My prediction is Rodgers will take a hit in the first half and be out the rest of the game. Nelson and Cobb will not be a factor at all and Adams will have quite a few drops. Lacy will look good for a quarter then be shut out. We need a more dynamic OC, less vanilla play-calling from McCarthy, for Lacy to become a little sleeker and quicker, and some pure and dominant talent that isn't "homegrown." Also a taller person or two in secondary.  

Rodgers is hurt and he's the only guy on our team that I would call big time. Even if Rodgers was healthy we'd still lose. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be a drubbing like last year's Super Bowl, and that Rodgers makes it through the whole game fine. 

Packers 13, Seahawks 31

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#1848 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 11:46 PM

No one really in here anymore, but I gotta vent. This was supposed to be the best tasting crow I'd ever eaten and then our D and head coach chokes! We deserve to lose to jar McCarthy out of his stupidly conservative play calling ways. We left 8 points on the field because he didn't what to take a risk. And with 5 minutes left, and the other team having 3 time outs he doesn't play for a first down but simply to not lose the ball to eat up more time/ time-outs. STUPID! And then our D makes it worse by not finishing a play because they thought Lynch was out of bounds much further up the field. 

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#1849 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:13 PM

No one really in here anymore, but I gotta vent. This was supposed to be the best tasting crow I'd ever eaten and then our D and head coach chokes! We deserve to lose to jar McCarthy out of his stupidly conservative play calling ways. We left 8 points on the field because he didn't what to take a risk. And with 5 minutes left, and the other team having 3 time outs he doesn't play for a first down but simply to not lose the ball to eat up more time/ time-outs. STUPID! And then our D makes it worse by not finishing a play because they thought Lynch was out of bounds much further up the field.

It was an epic choke, but yeah, Green Bay could have buried them early and didn't. Still, I think that a team can lose in OT without ever touching the ball on offense is terrible. This method is better than the old, but that is unfair and need to be changed.

#1850 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:27 PM

Congrats, Pats fans! Seahawks fans... I know how you feel. 

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#1851 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:35 PM

I know what went wrong for Seattle. It was this:

https://twitter.com/...7843713/photo/1

#1852 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:58 PM

The Eagles have just traded McCoy to Buffalo

"The Philadelphia Eagles and Buffalo Bills agreed to pull off a rare blockbuster trade on Tuesday.

The Eagles have agreed to send two-time All-Pro running back LeSean McCoy to Buffalo in exchange for linebacker Kiko Alonso, NFL Media columnist Michael Silver reported. The trade would not become official until March 10."

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#1853 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:21 AM

The Eagles have just traded McCoy to Buffalo

"The Philadelphia Eagles and Buffalo Bills agreed to pull off a rare blockbuster trade on Tuesday.
The Eagles have agreed to send two-time All-Pro running back LeSean McCoy to Buffalo in exchange for linebacker Kiko Alonso, NFL Media columnist Michael Silver reported. The trade would not become official until March 10."

Link to the story

Soooo....Philly fans will have to explain to me why they just paid St. Louis for the honor of Bradford. A similar player to Foles, but more injuries, older, higher salary and they gave St. Louis picks AND Foles? I assumed this was a deal to allow them to move up (i.e. if the got picks or had someone in mind to send Bradford to) or a straight swap, but you don't give picks away if that is the case.

I get trading McCoy and even letting Maclin leave. They weren't his guys and you can argue about whether they are worth what they are about paid (and whether you want to invest that much into two guys who play a devalued position and a receiver who is very good, but not elite). Like with Miami, Suh may be worth his price but is he worth the clogged cap space when you want to retain other guys down the line? I don't know if I would have done one or both, but I can understand it.

But the Bradford trade...? It's baffling.

#1854 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:47 AM

Soooo....Philly fans will have to explain to me why they just paid St. Louis for the honor of Bradford. A similar player to Foles, but more injuries, older, higher salary and they gave St. Louis picks AND Foles? I assumed this was a deal to allow them to move up (i.e. if the got picks or had someone in mind to send Bradford to) or a straight swap, but you don't give picks away if that is the case.

I get trading McCoy and even letting Maclin leave. They weren't his guys and you can argue about whether they are worth what they are about paid (and whether you want to invest that much into two guys who play a devalued position and a receiver who is very good, but not elite). Like with Miami, Suh may be worth his price but is he worth the clogged cap space when you want to retain other guys down the line? I don't know if I would have done one or both, but I can understand it.

But the Bradford trade...? It's baffling.

Okay, I'm a St. Louis fan....and even I do not understand what the hell we just got away with (and we got 3 first rounders out of DC for RGIII).

We didn't even give up the 10th pick, we just have this elaborate set up for conditional and additional picks. I can understand Bradford being reunited with Pat Shurmur, his original OC, and he would probably do well in Kelly's system, but that's conditional on having A) An awesome Offensive Line, B) A great running corps, C) Receivers.

I don't know about A (for the record the Rams are 10 years in on trying to find that), but they traded B (McCoy) to Buffalo (leaving Darren Sproles), and Maclin just went to Kansas City to reunite with Andy Reid leaving a receiving corps of Riley Cooper, Jordan Matthews, Brent Celek, and Zach Ertz.

...yeah. That happened.

If Bradford turns into what he was supposed to be, I won't be surprised, but he's more injury prone then Foles and still has like $13 million owed to him a year, while Foles has $1.25 million a year. The problem Foles has is that he goes to a team that has no offensive line. 

So this has a 50/50 chance of working out, but if it does for the Rams? Then Les Snead is magic. (Seriously how do we still have the 10th overall pick?)

---

Now onto other news.

Jimmy Graham has been sent to the Seahawks. Is this the start of a firesale or something else?

http://www.nfl.com/n...my-graham-trade

Darrelle Revis wins a Superbowl with the Patriots, goes back to the Jets for 70 million, (39 guaranteed)

http://www.nfl.com/n...o-terms-on-deal

Ravens trade Ngata to the Lions for 4th and 5th rounders. Lose Torrey Smith to the 49ers for $40 million. 

Frank Gore had cold feet with the Eagles, signs with the Colts.

And suddenly the NFL is an 11-month long event with this craziness...

*goes back to playing Deliverance on a banjo*

#1855 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:16 PM

welcome to the philadelphia eagles, demarco murray  :boogie:

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#1856 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:31 PM

Okay, I'm a St. Louis fan....and even I do not understand what the hell we just got away with (and we got 3 first rounders out of DC for RGIII).

We didn't even give up the 10th pick, we just have this elaborate set up for conditional and additional picks. I can understand Bradford being reunited with Pat Shurmur, his original OC, and he would probably do well in Kelly's system, but that's conditional on having A) An awesome Offensive Line, B) A great running corps, C) Receivers.

I don't know about A (for the record the Rams are 10 years in on trying to find that), but they traded B (McCoy) to Buffalo (leaving Darren Sproles), and Maclin just went to Kansas City to reunite with Andy Reid leaving a receiving corps of Riley Cooper, Jordan Matthews, Brent Celek, and Zach Ertz.

...yeah. That happened.

If Bradford turns into what he was supposed to be, I won't be surprised, but he's more injury prone then Foles and still has like $13 million owed to him a year, while Foles has $1.25 million a year. The problem Foles has is that he goes to a team that has no offensive line. 

So this has a 50/50 chance of working out, but if it does for the Rams? Then Les Snead is magic. (Seriously how do we still have the 10th overall pick?)

---

Now onto other news.

[quote[Jimmy Graham has been sent to the Seahawks. Is this the start of a firesale or something else?

The Aints are a mediocre team with a horrendous cap situation that doesn't look like it will improve anytime soon unless they shed the players causing (Brees actually being the primary problem). I suspect this is the real reason behind the trade. Their defense is bad, their )O-line is bad, their receiving corps (minus Graham) isn't great and their cap situation leaves them very little ways of improving.

welcome to the philadelphia eagles, demarco murray

I'd be more confused (given the McCoy trade) except, I don't think this was in the plan at all. He went to them and they decided "okay." More like good fortune, if Murray's body holds up and if his season was more a product of him than the Cowboys great O-line.

#1857 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:52 PM

Tim Tebow is back

NBC Sports is reporting the former Gator is coming to Philly 

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#1858 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:12 PM

The NFL has come down on the deflate situation.

According to ESPN, the Patriots have lost two draft picks, they have a $1 million fine and Brady has been suspended for the first four games of 2015.

Full ESPN Story

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#1859 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:33 PM

Sup guys. Football is back!!! My Patriots won it fair and square for the 4th time last year, and we're coming for that 5th one!

I actually came here to have a moment of silence for the 49ers. Their team had their glory days, but boy is those days far away from coming back now.

Patriots just won the Super Bowl, and is always amongst the top 5 every year. Miami Heat drafted 2 great rookies and got to keep Wade. UNC basketball has senior superiority this year, and Michigan is ranked a top 5 college football team again. 2015-2016 sports has shaped up to look nice for me.

I really hope Patriots give Ray Rice a chance. His wife was drunk and started the fight. Not to mention they're married, so obviously it wasn't as bad as media played it out to be. She could of left him and took all his money there, but she stayed because she was responsible, and she was loyal to him. He was elite, but was sliding off the elite radar before the incident. If he is close to elite still, then whoever gets him is getting a huge piece for a small price. Patriots already hate the media more than anybody now. It's time for them to fire back with giving Rice a chance. Show some majority. Something sports is losing.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#1860 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:05 PM

From ESPN SportsCenter- 

THIS JUST IN: Redskins plan to start Kirk Cousins Week 1 against the Dolphins. 

Edited by Lid, 29 August 2015 - 04:07 PM.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users