Close
Photo

So if NH and SS were planned end pairings, then why....

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:28 AM

does it show both marriages to be absolute trash in Boruto? It doesn't make any sense. Why wouldn't they show these marriages as being the greatest if they went against what most wanted? Why have it seem like all 4 of them are miserable?

#2 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:30 AM

drama = views = $$$

#3 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:17 AM

Simple. They are shallow and dysfunctional couples that have nothing going for them. NaruHina is based on escapism and SasuSaku is based on physical attraction and fantastical expectations of a potential romantic partner which was not even fullfilled

Edited by Phantom_999, 15 June 2018 - 07:17 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#4 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:45 AM

personally to me, it's all in line with some I have been waiting for. I believe eventually, regardless of all the time it took, the curtain will be lifted and the whole genjutsu will be revealed and NS will be official. That's how it's always been for me. Just got to play the waiting game.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#5 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:58 AM

If they were written perfect then there's no reason to explore them right ? If something working perfectly will you open them up ? for example your smart phone ... why would you open it if it's working perfectly ?

Same reason , they have to make the end pairing broken and miserable so there is a journey to identify why they were like that , then find a way to fix them. At the end of Boruto they will look perfect and no longer miserable. This is no longer full blown Ninja theme story , they also mix in 50% slice of life and school anime genre in it , so one of the main objective the kids needs to accomplish is to bring back together their mommy and daddy and fix their relationship.

Edited by Yyubie, 17 April 2018 - 03:16 PM.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#6 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:35 PM

personally to me, it's all in line with some I have been waiting for. I believe eventually, regardless of all the time it took, the curtain will be lifted and the whole genjutsu will be revealed and NS will be official. That's how it's always been for me. Just got to play the waiting game.

Yes - I agree. If they ever go the genjutsu route, then the cracks in the marriages will have to show. It can't be all perfect all the time. People would just forget about them otherwise. So there has to be something there to remedy.

If they were written perfect then there's no reason to explore them right ? If something working perfectly will you open them up ? for example your smart phone ... why would you open it if it's working perfectly ?

Same reason , they have to make the end pairing broken and miserable so there is a journey to identify why they were like that , then find a way to fix them. At the end of Boruto they will look perfect and no longer miserable. This is longer full blown Ninja theme story , they also mix in 50% slice of life and school anime genre in it , so one of the main objective the kids needs to accomplish is to bring back together their mommy and daddy and fix their relationship.

And I agree with you too - that the old series really has changed to be more relatable to a younger audience. Definitely more slice of life. In Naruto before, the parents got the ball rolling, but they were largely invisible...or gone altogether. But in Boruto, the parents/families are still alive and actually part of the plot (in big and small ways).

So having irritating parents or fighting parents or homelife problems makes them waaaaay more relatable than Naruto and Sasuke ever were. Funny that such a small change — letting the kids have parents in the story but making their homelives unsatisfying — makes such a huge difference in the universes of Naruto vs. Boruto. 

But yeah...in terms of being a fan of the original series, you'd think they could have found another way to keep the main characters' aspirations intact (like Naruto finally being connected to a large family, and Sasuke having the resurrection of his clan, and Sakura finally winning Sasuke's love), while still having the kids go of and kitten everything up on their own. 

Just like back in the Naruto series, having Naruto/Sasuke/Sakura being screwed-up parents in Boruto dumps some of the blame on them, like the feud between the Uchiha and the Senju led to the problems for Naruto and Sasuke as they grew up.

#7 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:50 PM

Same reason , they have to make the end pairing broken and miserable so there is a journey to identify why they were like that , then find a way to fix them. At the end of Boruto they will look perfect and no longer miserable. This is longer full blown Ninja theme story , they also mix in 50% slice of life and school anime genre in it , so one of the main objective the kids needs to accomplish is to bring back together their mommy and daddy and fix their relationship.

Eh I don't think that's a good reason. Having your characters in a miserable marriage when you propped up so much before doesn't seem like a good way to go.

#8 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:23 PM

Indeed. Especially if you want to "continue the series" like they are doing. Notice how Ichigo and Orihime don't have relationship problems? That is because them getting together was the happy ending and there is no "Bleach: The Next Generaton with his son Bichigo who finds a girl named Bukia." Like you said, you have to give this subplot of dysfunational family so the "children can save the marriage" plot stupidity. The problem is though, this undermines alot of what the NH fans wanted in the marriage. They wanted NH to be perfect in everyway to the point that they have no problems and I bet you this is why NH itself fluxes so much in the relationship. They don't want them truly dysfuntional, but then don't want them with rainbows and butterflies either.

I don't know why people like these "children save the marriage" garbage tier stories because it usually never happens if it happens at all. I have never seen a couple revalue their marriage because the children did something. More often than not, the only reason why the parents stay together is because the child exists otherwise they would broken up years ago.

Eh I don't think that's a good reason. Having your characters in a miserable marriage when you propped up so much before doesn't seem like a good way to go.

Exactly. They hyped NH so much saying how great they are as a couple...only to kitten on them in the Boruto series? Seems counter-intuitive.

Yes - I agree. If they ever go the genjutsu route, then the cracks in the marriages will have to show. It can't be all perfect all the time. People would just forget about them otherwise. So there has to be something there to remedy.

And I agree with you too - that the old series really has changed to be more relatable to a younger audience. Definitely more slice of life. In Naruto before, the parents got the ball rolling, but they were largely invisible...or gone altogether. But in Boruto, the parents/families are still alive and actually part of the plot (in big and small ways).

Kind of reminds me of the Man of Steel plot when Superman is trying to find his real parents and his does. He then asks his father about a certain aspect...a question he wanted to know. Why his father injected him with the codex and what was the purpose. Jor-El said: "We wanted you to learn what it meant to be human first so that one day, when the time was right, you could be the bridge between two peoples." This showed how much the parents loved their son because they wanted the best for him all the while still being able to be hope for his species.

Naruto is very similar: Minato and Kushina died before Naruto understood. So he asked the question why? Why did they do all of this? Minato, looking sad, says "We wanted the best for you. Both your mother and I. We knew this would give you the best chance in the future."

Boruto, on the other hand, feel more like the makings of a Super villains. Dysfuntional parents, an abusive father, and a few other things. Heck, Naruto even gets jealous of Boruto potentially being better than him and almost fights against it like the scene where Naruto gets this angry look and says "He thinks he can outsmart me? Oh hell no."

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#9 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:50 PM

Indeed. Especially if you want to "continue the series" like they are doing. Notice how Ichigo and Orihime don't have relationship problems? That is because them getting together was the happy ending and there is no "Bleach: The Next Generaton with his son Bichigo who finds a girl named Bukia." Like you said, you have to give this subplot of dysfunational family so the "children can save the marriage" plot stupidity. The problem is though, this undermines alot of what the NH fans wanted in the marriage. They wanted NH to be perfect in everyway to the point that they have no problems and I bet you this is why NH itself fluxes so much in the relationship. They don't want them truly dysfuntional, but then don't want them with rainbows and butterflies either.

I don't know why people like these "children save the marriage" garbage tier stories because it usually never happens if it happens at all. I have never seen a couple revalue their marriage because the children did something. More often than not, the only reason why the parents stay together is because the child exists otherwise they would broken up years ago.

Exactly. They hyped NH so much saying how great they are as a couple...only to kitten on them in the Boruto series? Seems counter-intuitive.

Kind of reminds me of the Man of Steel plot when Superman is trying to find his real parents and his does. He then asks his father about a certain aspect...a question he wanted to know. Why his father injected him with the codex and what was the purpose. Jor-El said: "We wanted you to learn what it meant to be human first so that one day, when the time was right, you could be the bridge between two peoples." This showed how much the parents loved their son because they wanted the best for him all the while still being able to be hope for his species.

Naruto is very similar: Minato and Kushina died before Naruto understood. So he asked the question why? Why did they do all of this? Minato, looking sad, says "We wanted the best for you. Both your mother and I. We knew this would give you the best chance in the future."

Boruto, on the other hand, feel more like the makings of a Super villains. Dysfuntional parents, an abusive father, and a few other things. Heck, Naruto even gets jealous of Boruto potentially being better than him and almost fights against it like the scene where Naruto gets this angry look and says "He thinks he can outsmart me? Oh hell no."

Because that brat didn't come from a womb of a woman he truly love. At least if i were in Naruto position , i ALWAYS have this feeling that Naruto look at his children with such a sad expression .... i dare add , also with a disgust feelings , the more i heard the news and screenshot people at tumblr posted the more i feel like Naruto didn't want his wife and kids. There's no passion in his eye when he work at his office cup of ramen rather than bento from his wife , when he come homes hes either drunk or just crash to bed , so that is automatically reinforce my idea and that excuses that he can't spend time and train his kid because hes busy working , HE CAN come home early but he choose to go to the bar and drown himself in alcohol , it's like hes avoiding his family like plague. That is a behavior of a father who hate his life and his family , the only think that keeps him moving is nothing more than a responsibility as a father which to provide for the family. At least that's what i think ....

Edited by Yyubie, 17 April 2018 - 03:52 PM.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#10 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:09 PM

So having irritating parents or fighting parents or homelife problems makes them waaaaay more relatable than Naruto and Sasuke ever were. Funny that such a small change — letting the kids have parents in the story but making their homelives unsatisfying — makes such a huge difference in the universes of Naruto vs. Boruto. 

But yeah...in terms of being a fan of the original series, you'd think they could have found another way to keep the main characters' aspirations intact (like Naruto finally being connected to a large family, and Sasuke having the resurrection of his clan, and Sakura finally winning Sasuke's love), while still having the kids go of and kitten everything up on their own. 

Just like back in the Naruto series, having Naruto/Sasuke/Sakura being screwed-up parents in Boruto dumps some of the blame on them, like the feud between the Uchiha and the Senju led to the problems for Naruto and Sasuke as they grew up.

I know how you feel, Tricksie, but it's just showing too how Kishimoto just gave up and now it's Studio Pierrot's show, and they don't give a kitten about what they do to the series as long as they keep thinking it's gonna make them money, in spite of the fact they just are ruining the franchise beyond repair with their idiocy and their toxic obsession with Hinata.

#11 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:54 PM

If Boruto is supposed to be for a younger audience, then why have the parents in straight up miserable marriages? I could understand the kids clearing up misunderstandings or something, but this is beyond that.

#12 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:54 PM

Same reason , they have to make the end pairing broken and miserable so there is a journey to identify why they were like that , then find a way to fix them. At the end of Boruto they will look perfect and no longer miserable. This is no longer full blown Ninja theme story , they also mix in 50% slice of life and school anime genre in it , so one of the main objective the kids needs to accomplish is to bring back together their mommy and daddy and fix their relationship.

If they were perfect, why need to make a movie about NH?  :ermm: why did that NH movie need to retcon so many plot points in fact?

#13 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:44 PM

If they were perfect, why need to make a movie about NH?  :ermm: why did that NH movie need to retcon so many plot points in fact?

THIS THIS THIS.

#14 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:04 PM

Better question: why the HELL did we need a movie about a minor female character who didn't even do jack squat for the entire franchise at the last minute?!

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#15 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:07 PM

EXACTLY. She was SO inconsequential that they needed to make a retconned movie to give her chemistry with the MC, So what does that say about the couple? I never recalled another series where they needed to make a retcon movie just to justify an official couple :shrug:

Edited by Phantom_999, 21 July 2018 - 03:13 PM.

#16 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:10 PM

Better question: why the HELL did we need a movie about a minor female character who didn't even do jack squat for the entire franchise at the last minute?!

Because she makes some people at SP touch themselves at night.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#17 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:49 PM

AND Lonely otaku's, don't forget the lonely otakus :zaru: though I don't see her sex appeal, personally :mellow:

Edited by Phantom_999, 17 April 2018 - 11:49 PM.

#18 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 12:15 AM

AND Lonely otaku's, don't forget the lonely otakus :zaru: though I don't see her sex appeal, personally :mellow:

I mostly saw Hinata as cute, and saw that Sakura and Ino and Tenten had more sex appeal really.

#19 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 12:56 AM

If Boruto is supposed to be for a younger audience, then why have the parents in straight up miserable marriages? I could understand the kids clearing up misunderstandings or something, but this is beyond that.

It's what Kishi left. He wrote that Boruto had abandonment issues around his father being too busy with work, as well as Sasuke leaving a child back in Konoha. There was nothing really to support a SasuSaku relationship storywise, and all NaruHina is is one-sided longing for someone who barely interacted with Hinata. Despite this, these are the official couples and yes, there are issues.

Part of me wonders if this was Kishi getting payback for having to prolong the series as much as he did, reflecting issues within his own home.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#20 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 03:26 AM

I never see a supporting character ever get Hinata treatment.

Anyway, they need to make conflict so they could continue the story.

With peace the story end. - one character from Made from abyss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users