Close
Photo

What if Sasuke had killed Sakura during the Land of Iron arc?

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#121 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:16 PM

The other stuff is true, except that last bit. Keiko Yukimura was a side char and she ended with the main character...but she also had more panel time then Hinata  :lmao:and more development and Toshiro didn't even particularly LIKE her. He thought she was boring. 

I meant how they got together. Not the status of the characters XD

#122 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:25 PM

Hinata who? I do believe it was Neji that was important to the chuunin arc. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#123 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:26 PM

You can be important without being used a lot, but you have to make an impact with the moments you do have. Naruto didn't care that it was Hinata specifically being downtrodden by Neji. He hated it because it was against his core values, not because he cared about Hinata.

The Bulls would have had major issues winning their championships in the late 90s without the rebounding and defense that Dennis Rodman provided, even though he rarely shot the ball.

Hinata is no Dennis Rodman.

#124 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:28 PM

I forgot how we had a positive quota for the day  :hm: Sorry DrK no more likes for you. Cutting you off.

It could have literally been anyone getting the kitten kicked out of them by Neji. he would have reacted the same. He wasn't SEEING Hinata he was seeing himself in her place. 

#125 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:59 PM

We assumed it was love. Sai assumed it was love. We were wrong. It isn't conclusive he would confess if the promise was fulfilled, nor if he would confess a crush or love. I don't really get this sacrifice his own happiness thing, but that's also because I understand Naruto doesn't love Sakura. NOW that we know Naruto never loved Sakura though, we know that it certainly wasn't going to be a confession of love after the promise was fulfilled. 

I don't really count any of these as what he is about to do is irrelevant to an action, and letting her fall in lava misses that he  knew she would be okay, the genjutsu thing is not killing, and stretching his comment to mean killing her is a bit silly. I'm talking about directly active actions at play. Maybe the Yamato one at most, though I'd have to revisit it. But that's not a good argument for you as they were going after Sasuke, yet again, with the intent of bringing him back, I.E., with force.

It's not that I'm ignoring your argument, but like to the above...your examples don't fit the criteria you are arguing. 

No, we didn't assume, and neither than Sai. Again, none of this is an incredible intellectual leap. Sai says "Even I can tell", which is a reference to the fact that Sai is emotionally stunted. The entire purpose of him saying that is that Naruto's love for her was so obvious and strong that even somebody like him could see it. Sai's intervention is what caused Sakura to realize that Naruto loved her. Stop trying to twist everything around, that scene was there for a reason. There isn't any "Naruto never loved Sakura". There just isn't. That development came from a source in which the entire story was retconned to shoehorn the supposed importance of a useless side character. 

Lmao all of that is absolutely absurd. "I don't really count any of these as what he is about to do is irrelevant to an action." What kind of dumb point is that? So Sasuke was "about to kill Sakura" but those don't count because he didn't? You do realize that the one time you actually do acknowledge would then become irrelevant by your ridiculous constraint, right? That because Sasuke was about to kill Sakura, but wasn't able to because Naruto stopped him, it wouldn't actually count? Also, Sasuke didn't know she was going to be fine from falling into lava, he left her because he didn't care. The very same reason he was okay with her and Kakashi being left in the IT. Stop moving the goal post so to speak. It doesn't matter if they were trying to bring him back or whatever other garbage excuse you can try to pull, the fact is that he has tried to kill them, specifically Sakura, multiple times. 

It is that you're ignoring the argument. On every thread you claim to be all about facts, except if they apply to you. If they contradict what you say, then you rail against them despite them being true. 

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#126 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:00 PM

Getting back on target: Sasuke kills Sakura, Naruto goes dark, yada yada, let's say he can't immediately kill Sasuke, whose the first person he lashes out on and blames? Himself? Sai, Shikamaru?

We're talking full on Obito 2.0 only crazier and Kurama enabled.

#127 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:16 PM

He's wrong despite Naruto acting like Sai was right. And answering the question in an affirmative manner :zaru: because topsy turvey.

#128 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:46 PM

Oh no its pretty accurate for anyone with honesty. 

#129 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:52 PM

If you subscribe to a totally narrow and cynical interpretation of the confession that would be Sakura making a huge mistake that could destroy her relationship with Naruto forever, despite her having just said she can't make any more mistakes, yeah.

We really need to stop doing this.

Edited by DrK, 20 November 2017 - 09:56 PM.

#130 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:03 PM

I still think that Naruto wouldn't care if Sasuke killed Sakura before all the BS I will die with you, Naruto would just shrug his shoulders as we all need to remember Sasuke is all Naruto cared about I mean Sasuke could well you know.... to Sakura and Naruto would not care and just say Sasuke is not in the right place.

Her parents would be heart broken that Sakura is dead and Naruto does not care.

Ino would no longer care for Sasuke and will want him dead and with Naruto not sure what Ino would do.

Tsunade is a big one depending on what Naruto does and which one it is I think she would make sure Naruto would never get to be Hokage.

Hinata well she is a yes women no matter what she will still side with Naruto.

#131 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:20 PM

If you subscribe to a totally narrow and cynical interpretation of the confession that would be Sakura making a huge mistake that could destroy her relationship with Naruto forever, despite her having just said she can't make any more mistakes, yeah.

We really need to stop doing this.

Meh I'm more of less done with them. There is no point. First its: it was never serious. Its joke. but then; "Oh well if it weren't for the fake confession he would be totally still in love with her." amd "Most people made that leap but I'm better then them and understand the story and characters better then they know themselves and one another heheheheheeee." 

IF Naruto didn't literally say he loved Sakura he totally didn't love her. Despite when being asked if he loved her and why he hadn't confessed his answer wasn't; "Omg lol Sai are you kidding? I'm not in love with her!." it was "I can't because I can't even keep the promise i made her."

and the confession wasn't "Wow I just realized I never loved you at all Sakura!" It was "I'm really hurt you would do this to me Sakura. I don't want you to lie." 

4QNXx.gif

#132 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:31 AM

Which is why Hinata is missing for over half the manga, Which is why if you compile ever page with Hinata on it Sakura's would outnumber her by about 200x

Yea ok we're all just blind and you're the only one with eyes. 

Behind a tree, behind Naruto, in a dark alley ofc  :hehehe:

And a majority of those panels are her being silent and/or blushing, or stuttering and fainting. She literally only has maybe three to four moments that stand out more, but even those are ONLY about herself, not "herself AND Naruto", much less any real development for either of them individually, much less romantically.

You can be important without being used a lot, but you have to make an impact with the moments you do have. Naruto didn't care that it was Hinata specifically being downtrodden by Neji. He hated it because it was against his core values, not because he cared about Hinata.

The Bulls would have had major issues winning their championships in the late 90s without the rebounding and defense that Dennis Rodman provided, even though he rarely shot the ball.

Hinata is no Dennis Rodman.

It's why I say that pretty much every "Hinata moment" in the manga were times that Hinata could have been easily replaced with virtually any other character and it would not change the narrative in the least. it's also because Hinata is grouped with "everyone else" as Naruto's "precious people"; he saw the entire village as such. Sakura and Sasuke were really the only people that Naruto actually showed different dynamics with. Even when Naruto went six to eight-tails, nowhere does the story or himself state that it's because of Hinata's "death" specifically or mentioning Hinata in any romantic fashion, but because of him losing all hope in himself in not being able to protect "someone right in front of him" and thus questioning how could he protect everyone.

Getting back on target: Sasuke kills Sakura, Naruto goes dark, yada yada, let's say he can't immediately kill Sasuke, whose the first person he lashes out on and blames? Himself? Sai, Shikamaru?

We're talking full on Obito 2.0 only crazier and Kurama enabled.

Given how Naruto was at the time, he'd most likely try to take all the blame himself, but he more than likely would not target Sasuke for any revenge. He would more than likely, similar to Sasuke and his road of vengeance, go after those behind Sasuke and, similar to how he went crazy against Orochimaru, believing that Sasuke "would never" have done such a thing if it weren't for them; that they MUST have somehow forced Sasuke to kill Sakura, much like how he just could not accept Sasuke was leaving Konoha for Orochimaru of his own free will, trying to place the blame entirely on the Curse Seal and whatnot.

2e5.gif

#133 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:35 PM

Given how Naruto was at the time, he'd most likely try to take all the blame himself, but he more than likely would not target Sasuke for any revenge. He would more than likely, similar to Sasuke and his road of vengeance, go after those behind Sasuke and, similar to how he went crazy against Orochimaru, believing that Sasuke "would never" have done such a thing if it weren't for them; that they MUST have somehow forced Sasuke to kill Sakura, much like how he just could not accept Sasuke was leaving Konoha for Orochimaru of his own free will, trying to place the blame entirely on the Curse Seal and whatnot.

I do agree man I mean this is Naruto after all and in his eyes Sasuke can do no wrong.

Others on the other hand would blame Sasuke for killing Sakura.

#134 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:53 PM

I wish he did kill Sakura, honestly. Because then the forgiveness of Sasuke because he only killed unimportant entities like samurai and the Raikage's arm would never happen.

#135 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:45 PM

I don't count them because Sakura being in danger and rescued by Kakashi does not equate to Sasuke killing Sakura. He did see it, at least from what we can read from the panels. I'll verify the Yamato one when I get the chance, but seriously, the only direct instance beyond that is during the Kage Summit Arc. Goal Post hasn't moved from that.

As for the first part, discussed this many times, and though this is terribly off topic once again, Naruto never says he loves Sakura. The point is that Sai is wrong. 

Oh, I see. So if Sasuke hasn't actually murdered Sakura, then it doesn't count as attempted murder. As long as someone stops him from killing her, then it doesn't matter, and he never actually tried. What an asinine standard to have. It doesn't matter, because he didn't care either way. Just like when he was fine with leaving her and Kakashi in IT, he didn't care. He didn't move a muscle, and Naruto had to kitten at him for it. The goal post has moved, as you've literally just said that if Sasuke didn't succeed because he was stopped, you don't count it, despite Sasuke's attempt. Really what it comes down to is that you try to excuse Sasuke at every turn just to make it seem like a viable ship and make him seem less bad, both as an individual and for Sakura.

Except that he does, and Sai's conversation with him confirms that. Sai was not wrong, as Sakura's reaction confirms. You actually have to blindly skip over the entire sub plot of that arc to try and suggest what you are suggesting. The very fact that Sakura went to LOI and used Naruto's feelings against him is a demonstration that you're wrong. These are not hard things to understand.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#136 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:30 PM

I wish he did kill Sakura, honestly. Because then the forgiveness of Sasuke because he only killed unimportant entities like samurai and the Raikage's arm would never happen.

I wish he'd killed her to save her from herself/Kishimoto. At least then we wouldn't have a devolved version. I think the next thread I open is going to be "How Kishimoto's relentless desire for absolute forgiveness ruined Naruto." 

Honestly, I think if Sasuke had killed or even mortally wounded Sakura in that moment we would have been facing a much different Naruto...IF Kishimoto were a good writer, or we were facing actual human beings  :lmao: 

I bet, given what we ended up with, if Sakura had succeeded and killed Sasuke canon-Naruto would Obito-Beserk for him :hm: 

#137 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:33 PM

If she killed him, Naruto would have hated her forever. And he would be terrible for it, because she would have been doing him the biggest favor imaginable.

#138 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:46 PM

Naruto: I'll forgive anyone, Dattebayo!
Sakura: I killed Sasuke for the good of mankind, but mostly you. 
Naruto: ARRRRRRRHHGGHHHHHH I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!! 

:hehehe: Accurate. 

#139 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:06 PM

He wouldn't attempt any kind of retribution against her, but yeah, he'd hate her. While Part 1 Naruto would have been super understanding and actually comforted her for having to do something so horrific.

Basically character decay as the series progressed.

#140 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:23 PM

He wouldn't attempt any kind of retribution against her, but yeah, he'd hate her. While Part 1 Naruto would have been super understanding and actually comforted her for having to do something so horrific.

Basically character decay as the series progressed.

Which is sad but there is s story in which Sakura kills Sasuke here is the link. with a sum as well for the story.

On that day, Sakura's kunai plunged into Sasuke's back killing him and ending The Uchiha Clan. His death and the ramifications of what has happened that day has devastated the once unbreakable bond and friendship between herself and Naruto.

https://www.fanficti...654/1/Shattered

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users