• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#1 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:15 AM

BBC story

Mr Preval said the UN mission chief in Haiti was among the dead, but the UN cannot confirm this. It said 14 other UN staff had died and 56 were injured.

My heart, goes out to the families.

#2 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:00 PM

I'm just really proud of the national and especially the *international* response. Especially since there is so much drama and contention between so many countries of the world, it's really nice to see people pulling together from around the world to help happy.gif

http://news.yahoo.co...749625/17606774

http://news.yahoo.co...3/ts_csm/273734

Also why Haiti keeps getting hammered by disasters:

Over 15 disasters since 2001

#3 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,841 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:17 PM

Its truly a very devasting scene for the country of Haiti... sad.gif And this is one of the worst of the worst...

But I'm glad that every country and its charities/relieves are helping out to this small country.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#4 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:50 PM

Here's a short video of the actual quake. Crazy stuff:

http://news.yahoo.co...#video=17623143

#5 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 14 January 2010 - 08:07 PM

Pat Robertson Haiti Comments Spar Up roar

mad.gif

There is not a Christian bone in this mans body. I believe, he is a disgrace to Christianity, and Christ himself.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 14 January 2010 - 08:12 PM.

#6 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:21 PM

You don't need a pact with the Devil to get rid of the French. Just sayin'.

*ZING*

Also, why am I always being threatened to go to Afghanistan and taking care of political riots when I can be drafted to help these people...

#7 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jan 15 2010, 07:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mad.gif

There is not a Christian bone in this mans body. I believe, he is a disgrace to Christianity, and Christ himself.

I see that someone need a good sized foot print(s) on his butt. that comment was utterly ridiculous that even I as an atheist is still appalled at that. Who the hell is he to judge the disaster as god's will? Is he so holy that she can say such a thing? A disaster is a disaster, and not even I would wish what happened to Haiti to my worst enemy.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#8 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jan 14 2010, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mad.gif

Religion is like a bad drug. Take the recommended dose, you're a fine man/woman.

Overdose, and you become power-hungry and use religion as a thing to warp minds. Take everything in moderation.

DIO BRANDO IS NOT AMUSED. ROADOROLLER.

#9 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jan 15 2010, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DIO BRANDO IS NOT AMUSED. ROADOROLLER.

#10 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 15 January 2010 - 01:20 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with the victims of this event and their families.

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jan 14 2010, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mad.gif

And THIS guy can go F*** himself.

uc.png

#11 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Hockey, Drawing (even though I suck something awful), Photography, Video Games, etc.

Posted 15 January 2010 - 02:40 AM

If anyone is interested in donating to the Haiti relief fund, here are some sites:

http://www.yele.org/
http://american.redc...nseStateSection

Also, if you have AT&T:
AT&T customers can send $10 donations to the Red Cross by sending a text message from their cell phones.

Type the word "HAITI" and send it to 90999. A confirmation message will arrive within a few minutes. Then reply by saying "yes" to finalize the donation.

Source

If you're strapped for cash, you can help by passing this info along! biggrin.gif

It's truly a tragedy. At least we can help. ^^

Edited by Zatren6, 15 January 2010 - 02:41 AM.

#12 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jan 15 2010, 03:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mad.gif

Well, I'm the one that believes some things happen because God willed it. But..... this..... is completely out of proportion. Who is he to accuse people like that??? & besides, if people learn to take lessons from misfortunes/disasters something good will come out of it. I'll explain.... I believe God wants to do something for example... & the aftermath of HIS decision, he leaves it to the human hands.... it's basically like a "take it or leave it" kind of deal. Example: The Aceh Tsunami. The Acehnese had been fighting against the government for over 3 decades. Then Aceh was given a truly terrible disaster, but God gave them a choice... suffer or make peace with the government. As a result, a peace treaty was formed. So, as you can see sometimes something good comes out of disasters. The whole point is, the Acehnese learned a lesson from the disaster & thus created something good out of it. As for this man, he accused without any basis of fact.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#13 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 04:08 AM

QUOTE (FullmetalNinjaED @ Jan 14 2010, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My thoughts and prayers are with the victims of this event and their families.

And THIS guy can go F*** himself.

Yes, Pat Robertson is a dumbass. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it. It's not the first nor will it be the last time he says something like this.

#14 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 04:09 AM

I'll be praying for these people. I really hate that misfortune would come to this nation but I am very proud of the people and groups that are dedicating everything to helping the people in Haiti.

About the pastor accusing Haiti of this disaster... tis a shame someone would say such things, kinda like kicking someone when their down. I personally don't believe that God enforces such events on people, I believe that God may allow something that was going to happen to happen, or he may prevent it. But I don't think this nation could have brought this on themselves. But through this disaster, we see many people, from different nations coming together to help others in need. This is a time to come together and help, support, pray for, donate, or do something helpful, not a time to find someone to blame.

#15 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 05:32 AM

QUOTE (Evil Potato @ Jan 14 2010, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But through this disaster, we see many people, from different nations coming together to help others in need. This is a time to come together and help, support, pray for, donate, or do something helpful, not a time to find someone to blame.

It makes me proud of my fellow human beings, which I haven't had much reason to feel proud of lately ^^

#16 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 05:35 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jan 14 2010, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It makes me proud of my fellow human beings, which I haven't had much reason to feel proud of lately ^^

Yes, it does make me proud to be a human being as well.

#17 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 05:51 AM

Just got done donating some cash smile.gif now it's time to do the homework i've been putting off

JLHza2T.png

#18 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:02 AM

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Jan 15 2010, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just got done donating some cash smile.gif now it's time to do the homework i've been putting off

Yeah, my mother called me from Jamaica earlier tonight and told me that the whole island of Jamaica is mobilized to help their Haitian neighbours, and so she asked me to donate at least 5 bags of new and semi-old clothes that I haven't really worn in a few years, that I was actually planning on giving to charity to the Haitian relief effort, because besides food and water people are going to need clean clothes ^^

#19 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:40 AM

And here's another moron joining in on the brigade..... Seriously, he can go to hell for all I care....

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#20 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jan 14 2010, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mad.gif

he is a nut...the biggest nut you could think off, he is like a combination between doomsday predictors and creationist...everything that comes out of his mouth is related to the worst...and hey...this is the actual words from his mouth.

Edited by Strangelove, 16 January 2010 - 12:00 AM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users