3 replies to this topic

#1 Mizura

Mizura

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 04:56 AM

I've recently brought a few volumes of Naruto in Chinese, and at the hospital scene, where Sakura supposedly said "I trust you completely", I found from the Chinese that it was a translation error, so I went my merry way to ask njt if the Japanese confirms this.

Here's what he says:

http://forums.naruto...0&postcount=861

anyways---
yeah that's not the right translation tongue.gif

mid part~
==
私は・・・
I...

泣きついただけ
All I did was depend on you....

頼ってすがりついただけ・・・
I could only cling to and rely on you

Since We aren't the ones who cling to bad translations (unlike Some people, lol), I thought it was my duty to inform the rest of you. :amuse We do care about accuracy, after all. Besides, it Did kind of sound weird for Sakura to talk about trust There. But we do know that she trusts him enough to confide in Naruto about the Curse seal. Action speaks louder than words. happy.gif V So let's stick to that.

Oh by the way, notice how Sakura referred to Naruto as "anata" in that section as well. LOL!!! XD XD X'D

There's also the "Shining young girl's heart." Nihongaeri explained that it did describe Sakura "romanticizing" feelings, yes, but not in the sense that she was thinking about love.

http://mangahelpers....php?topic=80.15

Anyhow, it's just a reference to the feelings she experienced on two pages earlier as she internally romanticized Naruto's development and return in her mind (and just to make things clear, this "romanticize" I'm using does not have anything directly to do with "love"... More like, what should I say, an "emotional idealization").

Just thought that you'd be careful! :thumbs I'm actually more interested in the fact that she felt "lonely" at the thought that Naruto might have grown without her. No problem Sakura! Good'ol bratty Naruto is there to keep you company!

I'm taking both mistakes into account in my manifesto. They took up small parts anyway. tongue.gif The manifesto is finally nearing the end. It will take up 3 LJ posts + 1 post with annexe, and will be over 25,000 words and over a hundred visual references. The layout itself took me a hell of a lot of time. >_<

I've set the deadline for November 15. I hope you look forward to it! :thumbs

#2 gamerman_007

gamerman_007

Shodaime Smexkage

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Females, Internet/computers B(o)(o)bs.

Posted 19 October 2006 - 08:26 PM

Posted on NMR(NarutomangaReturns)

biggrin.gif

Bunny: Sasuke, join me.
Sasuke: What will I receive if I join you?
Bunny: POWER! UNLIMITED POWER!
Sasuke: Sweet! what do I do?
Orochimaru: Sssssssssssssaaaaaaasssssssssukkkkkkeeeeeee-kkkuuuuuunnnn!
Sasuke: oh f***

Sono nantomo ienai sekushii na oshiri wo ore no kokan ni okittensukete rizumu ni awasete kosurinasai = Back that ass up. :D

#3 SilverLily

SilverLily

ANBU Wannabe

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Interests:Art, drawing, writing, reading, sleeping, cooking, Naruto, eating.

Posted 20 October 2006 - 04:48 AM

Yosh! Arigatooooouuuu!
I really appreciate accuracy, and really wish that they would translate it correctly.
Let us know if you find more!

#4 Akano Kin

Akano Kin

Golden Kunoichi

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Food! And sleep....reading...I like sleep.

Posted 31 October 2006 - 05:14 AM

Agreed!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users