Close
Photo

Jazz Club

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Intruiged? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you?

1. Yes (6 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. No (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Sparkly Vampires, rainbows, and Myspace? (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

If you are should there be

1. Supernatural Creatures (4 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. None (2 votes [25.00%])

3. Ninjas (2 votes [25.00%])

Vote

#1 narusakulover2468

narusakulover2468

Shikamaru is smexy man beast!

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Interests:Band<br />Clarinets<br />Friends<br />Reading<br />Drawing<br />Missing my Best friend<br />Zero BD

Posted 28 September 2009 - 12:46 AM

Before I start to make a thread for this I'm just wondering how many people would be intrested in a Roaring 20's jazz club RPG? Just wondering before I start to slack on my homework and staying up till two o'clock killing myself because no one is intrested.

deviantART- narusakulover2468
Gaia- NejiHinaLover12
My Harem- Shikamaru Nara (Naruto) l Kōki Kariya (The World Ends With You) l Karou and Hikaru (Ouran Host Club) l Edward Elric (F.M.A) l Kyo Sohma (Fruit Basket) l Hiro-chan Sohma (Fruit Basket) l Sohma Kisa (Fruit Basket) l Oliver Riggs (Amazing Agent Luna) l Kai (Blood+) l Kakeru Manabe (Fruits Basket)l Romeo (RomeoxJuliet) l Juliet (RomeoxJuliet) l Tybalt (RomeoxJuliet) l Ed (Cowboy Bebop)

#2 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 28 September 2009 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE (narusakulover2468 @ Sep 28 2009, 01:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Roaring 20's jazz club RPG

So...

Is it like. In the 1920's or just some high school club stuff going on.

And do we roar as you bluntly said? I hope we roar. I like roaring. And RPG seems like every time I blow the tuba or saxophone I get a level up or a new skill.

(Kidding aside.)

Proceed. You captivated my attention.

#3 narusakulover2468

narusakulover2468

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Interests:Band<br />Clarinets<br />Friends<br />Reading<br />Drawing<br />Missing my Best friend<br />Zero BD

Posted 28 September 2009 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE (Yakatsu @ Sep 27 2009, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So...

Is it like. In the 1920's or just some high school club stuff going on.

And do we roar as you bluntly said? I hope we roar. I like roaring. And RPG seems like every time I blow the tuba or saxophone I get a level up or a new skill.

(Kidding aside.)

Proceed. You captivated my attention.

Yes it's in the 1920's (my newest historical obsession besides the 80's). Maybe some smuggling and bootlegging. And roar if you wish to, but I'm not quite sure that's why it's that Roaring 20's. biggrin.gif

Gaia- NejiHinaLover12
My Harem- Shikamaru Nara (Naruto) l Kōki Kariya (The World Ends With You) l Karou and Hikaru (Ouran Host Club) l Edward Elric (F.M.A) l Kyo Sohma (Fruit Basket) l Hiro-chan Sohma (Fruit Basket) l Sohma Kisa (Fruit Basket) l Oliver Riggs (Amazing Agent Luna) l Kai (Blood+) l Kakeru Manabe (Fruits Basket)l Romeo (RomeoxJuliet) l Juliet (RomeoxJuliet) l Tybalt (RomeoxJuliet) l Ed (Cowboy Bebop)

#4 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 28 September 2009 - 01:30 AM

You should never have put this option:

Sparkly Vampires, rainbows, and Myspace?

I very nearly picked it just for the lulz kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

But you've got my interest piqued :3
A bit more info on what you have in mind~

#5 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (narusakulover2468 @ Sep 28 2009, 02:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes it's in the 1920's (my newest historical obsession besides the 80's). Maybe some smuggling and bootlegging. And roar if you wish to, but I'm not quite sure that's why it's that Roaring 20's. biggrin.gif

It was called the roaring 20's because of the LOUD music.

Charleston , Jazz....and...some other moves I had to learn for P.E.

Yes, I dance. And preeeeeeeeeeettttty well- I lie.

#6 narusakulover2468

narusakulover2468

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Sep 27 2009, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You should never have put this option:

Sparkly Vampires, rainbows, and Myspace?

I very nearly picked it just for the lulz kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

But you've got my interest piqued :3
A bit more info on what you have in mind~

Give me until later tomorrow after the homework load. I'll have an semi plot put together for the most part. And I blame the episode of Family Guy where Brain and Meg make-out for that scary combination.

QUOTE (Yakatsu @ Sep 27 2009, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was called the roaring 20's because of the LOUD music.

Charleston , Jazz....and...some other moves I had to learn for P.E.

Yes, I dance. And preeeeeeeeeeettttty well- I lie.

It's ok. No body can really dance anymore anyway. I do not consider mosh pits with people throwing their hands in the air (like they just don't care) and slight movement dancing.

Gaia- NejiHinaLover12

#7 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE (narusakulover2468 @ Sep 27 2009, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's ok. No body can really dance anymore anyway. I do not consider mosh pits with people throwing their hands in the air (like they just don't care) and slight movement dancing.

I can do the Charleston! wow.png

Somewhat kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

#8 Shadowmoon~

Shadowmoon~

Procrastination Princess ♥

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:All things FUN! 8D

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:04 AM

I'm not really good with dancing, but I do love JAZZ! wow.png I'm interested to join too. happy.gif

#9 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:14 AM

I play jazz, so I guess it also mean that I like it otherwise I wouldn't bother to learn it, right?

#10 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Sep 28 2009, 04:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can do the Charleston! wow.png

Somewhat kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

I love the fact that the first video has my name on it.

*leg twist*

#11 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (Yakatsu @ Sep 28 2009, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love the fact that the first video has my name on it.

*leg twist*

Huzzah! 111191.gif

#12 Sakura~Kitsune

Sakura~Kitsune

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Location:The Forgotten Borough formerly known as Staten Island!
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Roleplaying, Magical Girls, Anime/Manga, Video Games, Music, Friends/Family, and Food!

Posted 28 September 2009 - 09:33 PM

The Roarin' Twenties always did meet mah fancy~ (three cheers for the harlem renaissance?)

Plus, I DID learn the Charleston from mah grandpa! wow.png

Though I haven't attempted doing it in like forever :teehee:

I'm probably awfully rusty with mah dance moves. XD
tumblr_n9ki6ltPXZ1qai1u2o1_500.gif

No matter how dark it is, you’re not alone you know?

The moonlight is shining on us

#13 narusakulover2468

narusakulover2468

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:39 AM

Charater Profiles --Click here to view--
Please all in First Person. Personalize to will and put in spoilers when posting.

Name:

Race: Vamp, werewolf, fairy, human? Pick your poison.

Weight:

Height:

Eye Color:

Hair:

Picture: (Honestly I have seen not so many great pictures that are not anime, so to get the point across of what you look like you may use anime)

Job:

Clothing:

Personality:

History:

Jobs Open-

2 waiters

2 waitresses

'Drink' Maker

Mrs. Peabody (who only pops in occasionally)

Band-

Drums

Piano

Stand-Up Bass

Saxophone 1&2

Trombone

Clarinet

In a time before our time, a generation was going through a economical boom known to us younger folks as the Roaring Twenties. Women were demanding rights politically and socially even daring to want the right to wear dresses that showed their ankles! Men were investing millions and millions into the depleted economy of Europe, enjoying the boom. Jazz music was at it's peak with musicians like Duke Ellington, Glenn Miller, and Count Baise playing in the big bands we hope to imitate today while dances like the Tango, Foxtrot, Camel Walk, and waltzs were danced to these tunes. Writers like Hemmingway, Fitzgerald, and Steinbeck reigned supreme as part of the Lost Generation who books even now are rising in popularity. But even then it felt like something was missing in society. What was it, what was it. Booze. That's what was missing. Now where do we fit in with the hodgemodge of political rediscovery in what is knon as the "Golden Age"? For More Information on The Roaring Twenties Go Here Well a nice, but lately crabby, old women named Mrs. Peabody (I really couldn't think of a name sleep.gif ) has just bought a small bar, or more specifically a ex-bar, for one purpose: to bootleg strong spirits back into America and, more importantly, herself. She had the place decked out with some new upholsetery, new corner stage for the band of six people, and is looking to hire a few new waiters and waitresses who don't know of her wanted illegal activities. When they find out will they stay, will they go, will they double cross, or will they not be human? Who knows...but you can help decide.

Edited by narusakulover2468, 29 September 2009 - 01:43 AM.

Gaia- NejiHinaLover12

#14 Shadowmoon~

Shadowmoon~

Procrastination Princess ♥

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:All things FUN! 8D

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:17 AM

Name: Jazmine "Jazz" Smith --> (I used my character's mother's surname, since the father ... well, is something else entirely different!)

Race: Half-Human ; Other Half: Unknown

Weight: 110 pounds

Height: 5'3

Eye Color: Brown

Hair: Brown

Picture:

Job: Piano Player

Clothing: Long-sleeved blouses, and skirts

(I just couldn't find the correct picture, but I'll edit it soon anyway! All I can say is that the face, and hairstyle is right. So, I shall keep searching! rawr.gif 1920 clothes, right? I hope my research is accurate.)

Personality:

My personality is calm, quiet, shy, and I usually like to be alone. My other hobbies are reading books, birdwatching, stargazing, and taking care of stray animals, which usually result to Mrs. Peabody scolding me. During my break, I am seen playing the piano in the basement. In some rare occasions, people have actually caught me playing the violin instead. As I have heard, there are faint rumors circulating around about me hating the piano, because I didn't want to end up like my father, who was a prodigy in playing that.

Maybe it's true...

History:

I was orphaned at an early age, and I tried my best to get a scholarship in a music academy in my town. But, I have to pay for my bills too, so I looked for a good job, and a few weeks later, I was hired at a jazz club, after showing the manager my talents in the piano. Every morning, I would attend school, and by night, I would play for the customers in the club, along with the band.

I never knew my father, actually. But, my mother once told me, before she died, that she fell in love with my father, because he played jazz so well, especially with the piano and saxophone. That was where they got my name.

She was also attracted by his 'mysterious' charm, which sadly, she never figured out through the years they were together. Along the way, my mom had a small suspicion, that maybe, he wasn't as human as he claimed to be. But, before she could actually put the pieces of the puzzle together, my father disappeared. And, she died, because of heartbreak and loneliness. Now, it is up to me to discover who ... or what my father really is!

EDIT: I didn't fully understand what you meant by first person, so I am crossing my fingers that I got this right. happy.gif Please tell me if I have to change anything in my profile. I'll just add more information to my character, once I finish my homework, so I'm sorry if it seems rushed. Thank you. wow.png

---

Edited by Shadowmoon~, 27 October 2009 - 08:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users