15 replies to this topic

#1 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:00 PM

If you guys have been logging into Youtube, then you guys will notice a message that Youtube wants you to make a freakin' new Google account. I, for one, do NOT want to have to make a whole new damn email account just because of this. Frankly, this has been the worst move Youtube has ever done. What do you guys think of this?? would YOU want to do what Youtube tells you to do??

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#2 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:08 PM

I don't have any problems or messages or pop-ups that make me to register for a new Google account. And the Gmail account I'm registred with is only used for youtube I don't even know it even any more.

In total I have 4 e-mail adressess 2 for private use, 1 for school and my g-mail. I integrate them all in WLM which seems to work for me, however my friends experience some problems with it. So to check all my mails I just use Windows Live mail (my gmail is not integrated with wlm)

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#3 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:14 PM

That's because you already have a google account. I don't. So you're lucky. Anyways, mind telling me what advantages Google has over Yahoo?? if it's good enough I might reconsider it. But still, seriously, this is a very stupid move from Youtube IMO.

248793.jpg

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#4 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:21 PM

two words: Total Saturation hm.png

Edited by Dreamer, 09 March 2011 - 08:36 AM.

#5 Torxe

Torxe

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:39 PM

You are forced to make a gmail account but not to use it; just subscribe to youtube with it and keep using your yahoo account

EDIT: just thought of smthng, if you use those notifications that could become a problem if you don't want to check 2 different e-mail adresses

advantages of google over yahoo. I have no idea I use hotmail (I know windows *sigh*; but luckily *holds wood* never had any problems with it).

Edited by Torxe, 08 March 2011 - 12:41 PM.

#6 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:25 PM

What about the codes after you put in your mobile number? does google spam you in your phone??

248793.jpg

#7 Torxe

Torxe

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Mar 8 2011, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What about the codes after you put in your mobile number? does google spam you in your phone??

I gave the number of my house but that number was shut down about a year and a half before

feel free to use it 058/23.27.63

#8 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:21 PM

Hmm I see what you mean. Google must have bought the rights to Youtube. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that is why we now have to sit through ads before watching X amount of videos.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#9 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Mar 8 2011, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why are you even giving them your mobile number? Youtube has required a Google account for like a year now, since Google bought out Youtube. It sucks to be forced to link a google account just to sign into Youtube, but I'm pretty sure you're not required to provide personal information to do so. I never did.

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Mar 8 2011, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm I see what you mean. Google must have bought the rights to Youtube.

Yes, they bought the rights to Youtube in 2006.

Edited by Sakura Blossoms, 08 March 2011 - 04:24 PM.

#10 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:56 PM

Strange. You people are all complaining about making a new Google account while I just linked mine to my regular yahoo account that I signed up for YouTube to begin with. If you don't want to make a new account try linking it to one of your other emails if it lets you like it did for me.

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#11 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:25 PM

Gmail. Mmmm. Signed up for it during its beta stage back in the day. Haven't regretted it.

#12 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:31 PM

I use Yahoo for my YouTube :P

#13 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:47 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 8 2011, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why are you even giving them your mobile number?

Google probably already has the number as long as a camera trained on you right now, they're just asking as a formality smile.gif.

Honestly though I've been using Gmail for two years now, I think, and I have greatly enjoyed my experience with it. More so then any other email service I've signed up for. Usually just expect things made by google to be good.

JLHza2T.png

#14 Torxe

Torxe

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:59 AM

Their trick is to release everything very soon after start of development in beta and they leave it that way for many years/months so all bugs are reported/solved before they continue with a stable release.

at least thats the word around school. biggrin.gif

#15 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:25 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Mar 8 2011, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gmail. Mmmm. Signed up for it during its beta stage back in the day. Haven't regretted it.

You should send me your gmail so we can chat sometime.

I used to use Yahoo... until my "boss" persuaded me to switch to gmail 2 years back. Have loved it ever since.
For one, my Yahoo account is just gets spam all the time and my gmail doesn't get random invites from people I don't know asking to "chat".
Aside from that, a gmail account can be linked to your Youtube and Picasa accounts, allowing you to just sign in with your gmail's password. Picasa is great for uploading pictures. Then you get a calendar (which I think Yahoo has) that you can set events for down to the hour of a day and have reminder emails sent to your gmail. You also get access to Google Docs which is just an online document viewer and editor, it allows you to create, view and upload all sort of document files. It even allows you to set permissions for folders or individual documents to allow people to view or edit them in real time. I believe even the simpler things like filtering messages are more advanced than Yahoo's. But you get approximately 1024 MB of storage space for your mail, Picasa and documents each.

I dunno if Yahoo allows all of that now, honestly I just don't like the mail for it and I don't like the search engine. Google offers far more than Yahoo and I'd rather not go on about what's better. Plus it ties in perfectly with Google Chrome and I just leave my email page up so people can chat with me easily.

Edited by Kyuudaime, 09 March 2011 - 08:34 AM.

#16 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:47 PM

I sorry but I will go totaly off topic now, I'm the only one who is suffering an freezing on the site that makes me wait for nearly one minute till it completely loads?

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users