• Please log in to reply
31571 replies to this topic

#27941 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 02 October 2019 - 02:16 AM

Maybe because I hate her so much I forgot to write Sasuke.

I hate both equally thankfully hiei beat him in deathbattle. Now if Sakura can win her fight and hinata lose I'd be happy.

#27942 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 02 October 2019 - 02:35 AM

I hate both equally thankfully hiei beat him in deathbattle. Now if Sakura can win her fight and hinata lose I'd be happy.

about the Sakura vs Hinata fight.....  I'll just let you find out when you watch the video. 

it's actually pretty engaging!

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#27943 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 02 October 2019 - 04:15 PM

about the Sakura vs Hinata fight.....  I'll just let you find out when you watch the video. 

it's actually pretty engaging!

The one by Naruto explains is he fair to both characters?

#27944 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 02 October 2019 - 06:04 PM

The one by Naruto explains is he fair to both characters?

if you mean the one I posted then yeah he is actually. the fight goes down pretty well as id expect of a Sakura vs Hinata fight. with Sakura winning because she just has way too many tools for Hinata to cope with. Hinata is just too one dimensional and while its a strong dimension to have once you go outside that dimension she cant keep up with Sakura. But still she does well.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#27945 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 06:37 PM

To be honest looking at Samurai 8. Yes, kishimoto uses exposition far too much, but it also feels like that's how kishimoto is figuring out what his world is and where the story is going. So, without that, it really damaged the story as it went along.

The dude just has no idea what he is doing especially when in some interviews he mentions that he saw popularity polls to decide who is the main heroine of the series. That's the only reason Hinata was pushed to the front was because she was more popular despite not doing anything and...well...it seems the man has no real motive to write stories. He just did what he thought people wanted.

That's the canon we got. He literally admits he catered to the "popular" crowd and it was only AFTER the dust cleared did he notice the other fans saying how Sakura was better than Hinata.

The fool was blinded either by his own hubris or by his editors. Either way, the canon is the result of it.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 04 October 2019 - 01:18 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#27946 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 08:01 PM

if you mean the one I posted then yeah he is actually. the fight goes down pretty well as id expect of a Sakura vs Hinata fight. with Sakura winning because she just has way too many tools for Hinata to cope with. Hinata is just too one dimensional and while its a strong dimension to have once you go outside that dimension she cant keep up with Sakura. But still she does well.

Can you show me the video?

#27947 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 03 October 2019 - 06:23 PM

leave this here

be this one,

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#27948 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 07:57 PM

be this one,

Cool fight pity she didn't kill hinata. Though wonder how different it would if they used bolt Sakura and hinata.
Glad Sakura used her head to adapt.

#27949 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 03 October 2019 - 10:28 PM

lol, guys, I saw this South Park clip, and it reminds me of NH fans.

#27950 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 12:32 AM

lol, guys, I saw this South Park clip, and it reminds me of NH fans.

Ha freaks reference, but not far off.

#27951 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 06:00 PM

Wow - this really just shows how Kishi was all over the place with his storytelling abilities. This is basically like a before and after of the series. Cause once Yahagi left, we all know that the series was all over the place.

And turning Naruto from a fox into a human? Um...hello? Could we just have a series of that please? Where Sakura is the civilian-shinobi who has to choose between the shinobi-prodigy Sasuke and the fox-turned-human Naruto. 

I think one of the drawbacks of the series is that Naruto becomes less fox-like as the manga went on, not more so. Naruto matured into a human who could wield a fox's powers (because he had it locked up inside him), which made him no different than other jinchurikis before him.

Naruto should have matured into a human who synthesized with his fox, turning him into something different. Not quite fox, not quite human. And definitely not jinchurki. Because the story is about how Naruto is 'the chosen one,' as in 'the one who will do things that none have done before,' then he should have fully assimilated into something else. Thus forcing Sakura (and the others) to choose if they still support him, and Sasuke (and the other baddies) to choose whether or not to capture him. 

A Naruto who is a fox who becomes human to fall in love with a village girl is a lovely fairy-tale type story. But a Naruto who really gives in to his true nature of half-fox/half-human would have leveled it up to a real hero's journey type story. 

edit: I realize that Killer Bee is the perfect example of a jinchuriki who has partnered with his bijuu. But that makes it even worse for Naruto in the manga! Someone else has already done that! Naruto really never breaks any molds at all! Not sure how that works out for being the 'chosen one'...unless it means chosen for Hinata....

No kidding on all of that. To be perfectly honest, it makes me think of my fanfic and how I have it that even if Killer Bee has a good partnership with Gyuki, it isn't FULLY as solid as the manga shows it to be, because even for how well they work together, Bee still hates being a Jinchuriki due to how A keeps him locked like a bird in a cage, and how for Bee, he sees Gyuki as a reason for it to the point he doesn't refer to him by his name, while in Naruto's case, when he learns Kurama's name and such early on in the story, he treats Kurama like a human, even as Kurama keeps letting his anger be the thing to let him brush Naruto off, even if he has legitimate reasons to be so brusque with Naruto. But it's that closeness and sense of treating him differently that leads Kurama to turn over a new leaf.

It also fits into how in The Demon Within, the idea is to have Naruto and Bee want to be like each other, BUT realizing thanks to some advice from within the story's narrative and others that no one can become someone else, but if someone works hard enough, they CAN become the best version of themselves they hope to be, so for Naruto, it'd be to learn to control the full extent of Kurama's power his way, and for Bee, it's remembering that Gyuki thinks and feels just as well, and that he has to be more honest with his own feelings of becoming a Jinchuriki and how it's affected him, not just trying to hide it.

I want the story to not feel all over the place, but I'm worried with trying to translate some stuff from the "canon" into TDW's canon is gonna make things not so easy. But I'm gonna do what I can. Never an easy sitch.

#27952 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 10:15 PM

Wow, it's been so long since I've posted on here. I don't know if anyone remembers me, but I hope everyone is doing well! A lot of memories on this forum.

The Naruto series has been crossing my mind ever since the whole Area 51 fiasco put it into the spotlight again, which obviously led to some negative flashbacks from my end.

Years later, my feelings haven't really changed at all. I tried to ratione everything that happened, but I really couldn't accept what was being fed to us. It's an insult to my intelligence. It really was just a whole disaster. All of the main characters (Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura) took severe, detrimental L's (losses) to their entire character developments, stories etc. just so a secondary character who is non-involved with the protaganist could take the spotlight. You don't even have to ship anything to know that is wrong - it's basic logic. It really destroyed the series. I'm happy to see the chaos it has caused honestly, because it justifies the opinion that it goes against the grain of everything.  :facepalm:  

Anyways, just wanted to air that out. Happy to be back on the forum and see it lively! 

Hi! How've you been!? :hug:

Edited by Phantom_999, 05 October 2019 - 10:16 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#27953 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 06 October 2019 - 10:07 AM

I don’t watch Karen Rider, but that episode certainly sounds interesting. It feels like it’s a (Well-Deserved) attack on the manga industry as a whole, but Kishimoto is definitely the worst example of it. At least most other mangaka had an inkling of an idea about what they wanted their stories to be about. Look at the pilots for Rosario Vampire, Rurouni Kenshin, Death Note, Food Wars, Bleach, etc. While many details have changed in the actual stories, you can see the themes and many characters where the same.

Naruto, not so much.

I do understand that the industry is extremely stressful, and it’s easy to see mangaka lose passion for their stories. The problem is that Kishimoto never had that passion to begin with; he just went along with their suggestions for the sake of money, and found a point to drop out.

There’s also the issue of how to determine popularity: The most vocal does not mean the majority. I bet many fans don’t vote in polls and what not, if only because they just want to enjoy the stories as is. Plus, if you hear people complain about your story but it seems to be doing well regardless, I’d recommend you follow the money rather than the fan-mail.

#27954 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 06 October 2019 - 04:47 PM

He had the passion to DRAW the characters yeah, but it doesn't seem like he was really invested in the story, if all he was doing is asking how to make it popular. 

Edited by Phantom_999, 06 October 2019 - 04:47 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#27955 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 06 October 2019 - 08:42 PM

I don’t watch Karen Rider, but that episode certainly sounds interesting. It feels like it’s a (Well-Deserved) attack on the manga industry as a whole, but Kishimoto is definitely the worst example of it. At least most other mangaka had an inkling of an idea about what they wanted their stories to be about. Look at the pilots for Rosario Vampire, Rurouni Kenshin, Death Note, Food Wars, Bleach, etc. While many details have changed in the actual stories, you can see the themes and many characters where the same.

Naruto, not so much.

I do understand that the industry is extremely stressful, and it’s easy to see mangaka lose passion for their stories. The problem is that Kishimoto never had that passion to begin with; he just went along with their suggestions for the sake of money, and found a point to drop out.

There’s also the issue of how to determine popularity: The most vocal does not mean the majority. I bet many fans don’t vote in polls and what not, if only because they just want to enjoy the stories as is. Plus, if you hear people complain about your story but it seems to be doing well regardless, I’d recommend you follow the money rather than the fan-mail.

If you want to check it out, here's some fansubs.

https://over-ti.me/c...rider-zero-one/

In Japan, they're appearently saying that the opening episodes of the show are closer to what we'd see around episode 20.While lighthearted, it can still be pretty dark.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#27956 NaruSaku24

NaruSaku24

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Sports, reading, Naruto and other things.

Posted 08 October 2019 - 08:52 PM

Wow, it's been so long since I've posted on here. I don't know if anyone remembers me, but I hope everyone is doing well! A lot of memories on this forum.

The Naruto series has been crossing my mind ever since the whole Area 51 fiasco put it into the spotlight again, which obviously led to some negative flashbacks from my end.

Years later, my feelings haven't really changed at all. I tried to ratione everything that happened, but I really couldn't accept what was being fed to us. It's an insult to my intelligence. It really was just a whole disaster. All of the main characters (Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura) took severe, detrimental L's (losses) to their entire character developments, stories etc. just so a secondary character who is non-involved with the protaganist could take the spotlight. You don't even have to ship anything to know that is wrong - it's basic logic. It really destroyed the series. I'm happy to see the chaos it has caused honestly, because it justifies the opinion that it goes against the grain of everything.  :facepalm:  

Anyways, just wanted to air that out. Happy to be back on the forum and see it lively!

Hey! I’ve just come back on after 4 year hiatus as well haha. (Almost couldn’t log in cause I forgot my password and the password reset doesn’t work thought my account was lost forever) I feel your pain. I love this community and the memories that were made here. I still have a little bit resentment towards the ending. Still can’t believe that all logic was thrown out the window and we were forced a terrible ending.

#27957 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 02:41 PM

Welcome back! :wave:

#27958 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 06:40 PM

Naruto, not so much.

Yeah, that's the thing that I never got either; how someone can only just be in it if it's popular rather than telling a good story.

#27959 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 01:50 AM

Yeah, that's the thing that I never got either; how someone can only just be in it if it's popular rather than telling a good story.

Look at what Hollywood has been churning out for at least the last few years.

As for kishi himself, either he only cared about the money; like hollywood. Or like I said awhile ago the death of his father made him feel his age, made him realize he was missing out spending time with his family, and after fifteen years wanted to move on. nH was sold to him on the premise that its what the fans always wanted. So, if he gave them that as thanks for the years of support; maybe they would forgive the story not being as good as it should have.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 10 October 2019 - 08:50 PM.

#27960 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 08:35 PM

So it's Naruto's birthday and I've seen some celebration online some of it good and some of it cringe... It's a little weird a series that ended so long ago still attracts so many but I'm still a fan so it's not bad. Of course videos like these where the guy says hard work ceased to matter after Naruto vs neji aren't in the good posts category so I didn't finish it but maybe someone else can be braver than me and let me know if it gets better later. Also I can't take when fans ride hyuga kitten and try and say the hyuga can be kitten since they're so strong

https://youtu.be/p1BANIZIZ8w

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users