9 replies to this topic

#1 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 02:29 AM

So to anyone who watched the movie what are your thoughts on it? :smile: Ill tell you mine after. :P

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:09 AM

I haven't watched it but did anyone notice it went from 9.3 to 7.1 on IMDB? :o

Also pls tag spoilers!

ナルサク

#3 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 09 August 2016 - 08:59 AM

just got back from it. Wasn't as bad as some try to make it out to be. I'd give this a 6-7 out of 10, maybe a rental or matinee. I did laugh a couple times. The joker and batman were used just right and didn't over shadow the squad the movie is supposed to be about.

I liked rick flagg he was a good character to connect with out of all the freaks and criminals if deadshots ethics were questionable,

katana while kind of pointless felt like a boba fett. Had some neat action scenes but still felt mysterious

Diablo was cool,

Will Smith's deadshot is automatically likable, seriously Will is one of my inspirations to be an actor as charismatic as him

amanda waller goodness what an evil witch I loved her,

Harley was adorable, probs to the actress

whoever did crocs make up did a good job and i heard the actor did a lot of research on crocodile movements so props to him!

there's a cameo that i squeed at

and there's a costume i gasped at and wasn't expecting.

Boomerang was eh.

surprised they had an after credit scene.

the villain i had no problem with, they say it was a rip off of another villain however i think it was more than another movies villain that came out recently which is saying something. You know who i mean if you saw it and made the connection already. Anyway I thought Amanda was the real villain.

#4 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:12 PM

Amanda was an antagonist but not the villain at least IMHO. The movie was highly enjoyable and well worth the money and time.

Croc and Katana, and Deadshot were all great characters as werre Harley and Flagg. Boomerang felt a smidge tacked on. Viola Davis Waller was a brutal and perfectly in character. I can see where margo robby was peed off about her costume but she soldiered on and delivered a great performance anyways. Several great cameos. and an after credits scene. A great easter egg of that Harley Joker comic cover as well, could definitely have used some more Katana. Letos Joker was fun a good mix as someone put it of Hammils and Nicholsons Jokers.

All told an enjoyable romp and loads of fun. DC might actualy be turning the corner a bit on their tonality allowing for a more light hearted stories to be told.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#5 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:14 PM

Any idea why the bad rating? You'd give it a 6 or 7? That's not good but is it that bad?

I mostly hope they handle Harley Q well. In the trailers we only see her crazy side, but she's a deep character and Joker's abuse victim until she gets out of it and starts dating Poison Ivy. I hope they introduce her in the sequel!

ナルサク

#6 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:26 PM

Any idea why the bad rating? You'd give it a 6 or 7? That's not good but is it that bad?

I mostly hope they handle Harley Q well. In the trailers we only see her crazy side, but she's a deep character and Joker's abuse victim until she gets out of it and starts dating Poison Ivy. I hope they introduce her in the sequel!

Most of the complaints are about Joker's character being way too over the top for their tastes, and that after the team introduction, the plot falls flat with predictable progression.

I haven't seen it yet, but if the humor is anything like in the Justice league trailer, I can understand people not liking it. So far, DC attempts to be more light hearted just ended with flat jokes with little sense of wit. And their actors just awkwardly trying to be funny, when in truth, they're really not.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#7 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:39 PM

Most of the complaints are about Joker's character being way too over the top for their tastes, and that after the team introduction, the plot falls flat with predictable progression.

I haven't seen it yet, but if the humor is anything like in the Justice league trailer, I can understand people not liking it. So far, DC attempts to be more light hearted just ended with flat jokes with little sense of wit. And their actors just awkwardly trying to be funny, when in truth, they're really not.

Oh I get that. I thought the trailer just showed the most crazy moments, but if the characters are like that all the time they're going overboard. :/ Leto did it maybe the most I've heard, but Joker's role got cut, so I'm sure this isn't just about him. Maybe the writer just really wanted a success and ended up trying too hard. It makes sense because the movie has been hyped for two years and hired a lot of actors that could lead movies on their own, but the stars didn't get much to act out of.

Edited by sushi., 09 August 2016 - 07:40 PM.

ナルサク

#8 Catra

Catra

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 08:11 PM

um, a 6-7 is worth your time to at least check it out... :wot: seriously when was a 7 considered bad?! its  like 7 is too low now and if you gave a movie a 9 you get people whining "why not just give it a 10?"

its one of those movies you go see on a rainy day and want to have fun. I personally enjoyed BvS and Xmen apocalypse out of all the comic book movies this year while deadpool and this were good fun but also something i wouldn't return to see, thrice at most. 

there were some stuff that were cut but because 1. to focus more on the squad and not have joker or batman overshadow them and 2. to justify the ending.

speaking of batman I liked how they showed his character development from the last movie and keeping on track which was indeed intentional believe it or not. How they got rid of his turret and his one line in the beginning.

would I have liked to see a liiiiittle bit more joker? sure. But i'd have liked to see other stuff that were cut which you saw in the trailers but didn't in the movie. I believe Katana was supposed to do something...

really this movie happened because the government (Amanda) was playing with fire and none of it would have happened without her. Lots of reviewers/people forget that the justice league simply wasn't ready yet and the government acted rather quickly. As we see in the end credit scene which I won't say anything about.

#9 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:20 PM

um, a 6-7 is worth your time to at least check it out... :wot: seriously when was a 7 considered bad?! its  like 7 is too low now and if you gave a movie a 9 you get people whining "why not just give it a 10?"

its one of those movies you go see on a rainy day and want to have fun. I personally enjoyed BvS and Xmen apocalypse out of all the comic book movies this year while deadpool and this were good fun but also something i wouldn't return to see, thrice at most. 

there were some stuff that were cut but because 1. to focus more on the squad and not have joker or batman overshadow them and 2. to justify the ending.

speaking of batman I liked how they showed his character development from the last movie and keeping on track which was indeed intentional believe it or not. How they got rid of his turret and his one line in the beginning.

would I have liked to see a liiiiittle bit more joker? sure. But i'd have liked to see other stuff that were cut which you saw in the trailers but didn't in the movie. I believe Katana was supposed to do something...

really this movie happened because the government (Amanda) was playing with fire and none of it would have happened without her. Lots of reviewers/people forget that the justice league simply wasn't ready yet and the government acted rather quickly. As we see in the end credit scene which I won't say anything about.

Have you seen movies that are graded 6? I just tried watching one called Disturbia and it was the worst thriller I've ever seen. I've seen 6 stars movies they were 9/10 terrible. I know grades aren't everything, but they're something and the general reviews for SS have been bad.

A 7 I can tolerate though and many of my fav tv shows got 7, but I expected so much more out of this movie. Like I said it's maybe the most hyped film of the year, and I don't think I've seen so many superstars together ever, except for in Avengers. The budget was big too so..

Plus, when I first checked it out a few days ago, I know it had 9.3. Stooping down 2 stars in such short time is really bad.

Edited by sushi., 09 August 2016 - 11:22 PM.

ナルサク

#10 Catra

Catra

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 12:22 AM

imdb isn't that reliable since ANYONE can get on and rate it however they like (such as haters or marvel fanboys rating it 1's or dc fanboys rating it 10's, they can't be trusted.). but don't go on those message boards, full of hate and name calling and laughing at others, i think its even worse than narutoforums was back in the day, once in a blue moon it will have a nice thread with great points but it would soon be taken over by trolls/haters spewing nonsense.

where as rotten tomatoes just gathers up all the critic reviews and puts em together, 26% liked it while the rest not so much. but hey 72% of audiences loved it so thats something to go by?

point is; i wasn't expecting this to be some sort of event, nor do i expect oscar winning movies when i go in and take my seat. Especially comic book movies.

Edited by Catra, 10 August 2016 - 12:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users