202 replies to this topic

#21 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

Hello lid! not to be a creeper, but in i saw one of your post in the couples you ship i heard you ship tai and sora in digimon! i ship it to!  :cry:

However when i was browsing the internet i found this interesting info of why sora and matt got together. It shocks me that they were originality planned together since the first season of digimon.  :confused: To me i find it some what poorly excuted to why they got together why not show stronger hints of sora moving on from tai from the war game movie. Even better what started  sora and matt to become a couple? And why sora and tai never evolved there relationship to romance i would like to critic more,but my brain feels a bit dull for now.  

Also this person has a legit source for the questioning. 

http://jippy-kandi.t...d-taiora-behind

Oh and whats your opinion on this post?

Edited by rikakim94, 01 October 2013 - 09:00 PM.

#22 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

Hello lid! not to be a creeper, but in i saw one of your post in the couples you ship i heard you ship tai and sora in digimon! i ship it to!  :cry:

However when i was browsing the internet i found this interesting info of why sora and matt got together. It shocks me that they were originality planned together since the first season of digimon.  :confused: To me i find it some what poorly excuted to why they got together why not show stronger hints of sora moving on from tai from the war game movie. Even better what started  sora and matt to become a couple? And why sora and tai never evolved there relationship to romance i would like to critic more,but my brain feels a bit dull for now.  

Also this person has a legit source for the questioning. 

http://jippy-kandi.t...d-taiora-behind

Oh and whats your opinion on this post?

You know, they say winning isn't everything, but losing sure feels like nothing.

I've seen the same statements on how Sora and Matt were set from the very beginning to get together and Tai and Sora weren't, and to that point, I agree completely with what you said about execution.

If it really was the case that it was Sora x Matt from the beginning, then damn did they do a poor job showing it. Where were the hints? Why wasn't there at least more of a love triangle shown in the first season? No answers to those questions.

One could make the argument that Digimon was never about romance so obviously there wouldn't be as much focus, but I respond with, if that's the case, then why have any relationships at all?

The whole thing was a giant shame.

Some time later Digimon Tamers came to the United States, and I decided to ship Digimon characters again, shipped Takato and Rika. I lost. Again.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#23 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:12 AM

Well, not going to lie, thank goodness the week is over, had a lot of mornings where i had to go into the office early. 

Into the weekend we go, to start things off, I saw Gravity tonight and it was alright. The movie is small on character but big on suspense, a trade off I guess.

Tomorrow my Minnesota Golden Gophers take on Michigan, but I'm honestly not too confident that they can win, very tough opponent, but that's why the game is played right.

In other things going on, the NickToons channel has a block called 90s Are All That, and it shows Hey Arnold almost every night, so I've been reading Hey Arnold fanfics off and on after watching :lol:. Reading Arnold x Helga stories of course, since Helga was a total tsundere :fu:.

Tried a new beer recently,

ThirdStreetBrew_zps0d2c4d08.jpg

This one is Third Street Brew House Rise to the Top Cream Ale, and unfortunately I was a little disappointed with this one. Comparing it to the previous cream ale I had, from The Horny Goat, it really doesn't hold up. Not really bad, but I probably wouldn't drink it again.

That's about it for this one, see ya next time.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#24 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:21 AM

It's been a total rainy day here in my part of the country on the Minnesota/North Dakota border, but it's been really kind of nice. A very steady, light peaceful rain, I have the TV on mute right now just to listen to it.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#25 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

So,I'm spending time visiting a college buddy over the weekend so I'm being a little tight with my money this week. That means tonight I'm on the Naruto Diet, in other words, I'm having ramen for dinner. :lol:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#26 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:14 PM

Nothing better than a lazy Sunday watching the Vikes, figured it would be a good time for a blog post :happy:

Been a good weekend so far. Last night was good for Minnesota hockey with the Wild and Gophers both getting wins on the ice. Then caught Toonami and One Piece is getting into the Water 7/Enies Lobby arc, which in my opinion is the best saga of the series.

Watched Captain Phillips Thursday night and gave it a 5 out of 5 in my column review. Thought it was a great movie, good film-making, solid acting, a fantastic picture. The past few weeks have been very good at the box office for me. The flicks Prisoners, Don Jon and Captain Phillips all got 5 out of 5s from me and I gave Gravity a 4 out of 5.

Planning on doing some traveling next weekend. Going to head to my hometown to hang with the fam, a nice five and a half hour drive to get there.

Tried a very good brew recently also,

116_BlackButtePorter6Bottles_zpsa4e6ceca

Black Butte Porter is a great dark beer. Gives off the tastes of chocolate and coffee and is very enjoyable. These are great for this time of year too, when the leaves start changing the colors and and wind starts picking up.

That's about it for now, until next time.

EDIT

OK, maybe watching the Vikes part turned out to be not that great.

Edited by Lid, 13 October 2013 - 07:59 PM.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#27 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

So coworkers introduced me to something AWESOME today

full.jpg

These M&Ms are AMAZING!!!! I was real skeptical, figuring that it would taste like candy corn and white chocolate put together :confused:

But it was actually really good. Perfect stuff for the Halloween season. :wow:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#28 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

I think I may be coming down with a cold, throat is feeling soar :cry:

Going to try and beat it with the following!

• Chicken Noodle Soup
  • Apple Juice
  • Lemon Tea
  • Vitamin C
  • Dayquil
  • Echinacea

:rawr:  Time to fight this thing off!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#29 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

Well, had a very nice drive to my hometown Friday afternoon, Minnesota is a real beautiful place to drive through during autumn, leaves are really nice.

Got to the rents house and my mom made spaghetti, so good, I miss coming home to home cooked meals lol.

So today, going to see the new Carrie, wonder if it will live up.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#30 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

First snow fall of the year is coming down. Wooo. :glare:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#31 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:36 PM

Couldn't be any more happy today after the Golden Gophers beat #24 Nebraska, and beat them pretty thoroughly too. It was good way to cap off a busy week. Tonight I'm going to watch a little live hockey and then later tonight it's Toonami!

Now for some music

:party: :th_yeah: :w00t: :boogie: :dance:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#32 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:00 PM

I'm hoping that Naruto says this to Sasuke after they beat Madara -

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#33 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:57 AM

Well well well. Another win by the Minnesota Golden Gophers today! It was so great to see the team win.

This was a really busy week, had a lot of stuff to do. On top of that had to see three movies, Free Birds, Ender's Game and Last Vegas. None of them were truly great.

I'm really thankful for a peaceful weekend with a Gophers win to make it complete.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#34 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:03 PM

Note to self: When Mac asks you if you want to save or not save when closing, PRESS SAVE :wallbash:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#35 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:20 AM

Well, this fall is turning into some real magic. The Golden Gophers won AGAIN today! The win today over Penn State marks the first four Big Ten game win streak in 40 years and the first time getting to 8 wins since 2003. :happy:

As some might have already seen in the discussion in the arts and entertainment section. I saw "Thor" and didn't think it was all that great (I gave it a 3 out of 5 in my review).

What was more interesting, though, was the story about the girl in the theater who would keep on clapping and going nuts EVERY TIME Thor appeared or Kat Dennings would say something.

For example (Spoiler)

Anyways, I started thinking about some of the other wacky theater experiences I've had, and a story that came to mind immediately was when i went to see the first "Paranormal Activity." The theater was practically all but sold out, was a midnight showing. So I get my ticket, but the seat I bought a ticket for must have been right in the middle of one of the rows because the place looked packed! Needless to say, I stood leaning against the wall of the theater the entire movie. :glare:

Anyways, It's already November! Where did the time go? Turkey day is coming soon and then it's time to go Christmas shopping. Last year I waited until like two days before Christmas to shop. :P

So, the rest of the night, I'm probably going to catch a little more college football and then Toonami. One Piece is just getting into the Water 7 arc :cool:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#36 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:31 PM

Well, looks like a gloomy day out here on the Minnesota-North Dakota border. No worries, though, great for a nice sofa Saturday. :happy:

This Saturday and Sunday come after a very nice, quick, easy work week where everything sort of fell into place. I love it when that happens.

Anyways, no Gopher football today, it's a bye week, so I'm just being super lazy (I even cleaned my whole apartment Thursday, so pretty much nothing to do.) :P

Driving home yesterday, I heard the new Eminem song, The Monster for the first time, and I dug it. It's pretty good, one of Eminem's better songs in a while -

Yesterday I also saw three movies. About Time, Best Man Holiday and 12 Years a Slave. Slave and Time were both good but Holiday was below average.

More Toonami tonight, (I seem to post a lot on Saturdays :lol:). I'm loving the chance to see FLCL again, first time watching it in a couple years, I think tonight is the episode with the baseball stuff.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow, too, because I'm going to whip out my cooking skills and make some enchiladas!

That's about it for now!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#37 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:01 AM

THIS IS A BREAKING COOKING NEWS ALERT

The enchiladas I made were a great! :lol:

The cooking part is fun, but I hate the dishes it leaves :cry:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#38 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:10 AM

I've been feeling so old this year because everyone keeps calling me sir.

Here's your latte SIR

Here's the key to your room SIR

I like the respect but it's a sign I'm getting old :sweatdrop:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#39 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

Eh, don't feel too bad, I've been called ma'am before, and then other people act completely surprised when they find out how old I am because I look younger than my actual age. But I can't really decide which one I should consider a compliment. :ermm:

#40 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:04 AM

Eh, don't feel too bad, I've been called ma'am before, and then other people act completely surprised when they find out how old I am because I look younger than my actual age. But I can't really decide which one I should consider a compliment. :ermm:

Well, I guess it's a sign of respect, so that's good. At least we don't have to say "HEY SHOW SOME RESPECT!" :lol:

This day has been like a dream, because this week was so busy, a lot of stuff to do at work. All I did was just take it easy and relax, was very nice.

Right now I'm watching Drive, one of my favorite movies from 2011. This was one of three great movies that included Ryan Gosling in 2011. The other two were The Ides of March and Crazy Stupid Love. Albert Brooks was great in Drive, too.

I also saw Catching Fire, thought it was great. In fact, I consider it better than the first one.

So tonight on Toonami the episode with Choji fighting the Sound Ninja will air. It's really too bad that Choji lost that fight so easily. He really didn't have a good fight until the Sasuke arc.

Also on Toonami is the episode of FLCL Brittle Bullet. I really enjoy this and the previous episode, 4 and 5 are my favorite episodes out of the series.

One more thing, I've been getting really into watching the show Key and Peele lately, I find it so funny, this bit was great -

Edited by Lid, 24 November 2013 - 02:07 AM.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users