331 replies to this topic

#1 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 03:54 AM

There were several season 4 trailer, looks, and interview clips for season 4 so I figured we'd just have one.

Looks like Zelda wasn't just a tag-on character at the end of last season. I do wonder though, if she was that awesome of a fighter, where was she during the Red Lotus take over? Anyway, wow. That button on the episode. Why Korra?!   :comfort:  

The episode was a catch up episode so there was a lot of exposition to get out of the way and not much meat. The villain... Kuvira. I'm just seeing a re-hash of the conquering lands villain from the original series. What is most interesting, and what I'm most excited to see is Korra's development in this season, especially with the way the last two episodes ended. 

While I do think they missed out on the challenges of her rehabilitation physically, I think the fallout from it, the scar, with her emotional rehabilitation will be more interesting. So I can forgive the time jump. It does look from the trailer as if they'll be re-visiting those moments in flashbacks. 

The villain at the moment seems lackluster and repetitive, but it's only episode one. If the last two seasons are any indication, they kind of slow burn into an exciting series. -- But the villain for book two was evil-incarnate. How do you top beating evil? Maybe they should have saved that for last? We'll see. I should trust Konietzko and DiMartino more. 

What are your thoughts? 

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#2 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 03:58 AM

There were several season 4 trailer, looks, and interview clips for season 4 so I figured we'd just have one.

Looks like Zelda wasn't just a tag-on character at the end of last season. I do wonder though, if she was that awesome of a fighter, where was she during the Red Lotus take over? Anyway, wow. That button on the episode. Why Korra?!   :comfort:  

The episode was a catch up episode so there was a lot of exposition to get out of the way and not much meat. The villain... Kuvira. I'm just seeing a re-hash of the conquering lands villain from the original series. What is most interesting, and what I'm most excited to see is Korra's development in this season, especially with the way the last two episodes ended. 

While I do think they missed out on the challenges of her rehabilitation physically, I think the fallout from it, the scar, with her emotional rehabilitation will be more interesting. So I can forgive the time jump. It does look from the trailer as if they'll be re-visiting those moments in flashbacks. 

The villain at the moment seems lackluster and repetitive, but it's only episode one. If the last two seasons are any indication, they kind of slow burn into an exciting series. -- But the villain for book two was evil-incarnate. How do you top beating evil? Maybe they should have saved that for last? We'll see. I should trust Konietzko and DiMartino more. 

What are your thoughts? 

they will dedicate an entire episode to korra's recovery http://korraspirit.t...o-korra-and-her

Edited by soraandven, 04 October 2014 - 04:08 AM.

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#3 TsukiChan ♥

TsukiChan ♥

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Interests:Naruto <3 ;Drawing anime ; Watching anime and K-dramas; NaruSaku <3

Posted 04 October 2014 - 04:15 AM

yaaaaay  :D finally! lol

I literally just got into it on Wednesday and finished all 3 seasons by Thursday and watched the first episode of book 4 yesterday ^-^ I love it so much and it's so nostalgic xD Can't wait to see what's revealed this season!

tumblr_inline_ndxjyuuF571qlo98f.gif

#4 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:31 PM

they will dedicate an entire episode to korra's recovery http://korraspirit.t...o-korra-and-her

That's awesome! I'm excited to see it. 

yaaaaay  :D finally! lol

I literally just got into it on Wednesday and finished all 3 seasons by Thursday and watched the first episode of book 4 yesterday ^-^ I love it so much and it's so nostalgic xD Can't wait to see what's revealed this season!

Wow! Be careful, now. You were able to see the next episode of those seasons when you wanted, with book 4 you're going to have to wait a week in between. Withdrawal! :P

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#5 TsukiChan ♥

TsukiChan ♥

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 04:49 PM

That's awesome! I'm excited to see it. 

Wow! Be careful, now. You were able to see the next episode of those seasons when you wanted, with book 4 you're going to have to wait a week in between. Withdrawal! :P

hehe I know ^-^ every friday, but I don't mind :) thursdays are Naruto days and now Fridays are legend of korra days ^-^

#6 al0eaz

al0eaz

Blind Fingers Lee

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 11:19 PM

Im very excited to see where all this goes! I felt like the ending to season 3 was so lack-luster it must have had more to the story. I didnt even know about a season 4 until only a few weeks ago! I've been following Avatar since the very first premier of the very first episode way back when and I feel as if LoK has done a great job thus far. 

trainercard_zpsafda1a60.png

#7 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 05:49 AM

hehe I know ^-^ every friday, but I don't mind :) thursdays are Naruto days and now Fridays are legend of korra days ^-^

this will make your jaw drop i hope there's talk about episode 2 on friday on here cuz im sure its gonna be one talking alot about

#8 TsukiChan ♥

TsukiChan ♥

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:16 PM

this will make your jaw drop i hope there's talk about episode 2 on friday on here cuz im sure its gonna be one talking alot about

I saw this!!

She's hallucinating right? It reminded me of Azula in a way...but...this could mean two things:

1. She's lost connection to her avatar self and she needs to find a way to reconnect
  2. Because of what happened in book 3, it affected her mentally

btw, do you think toph will show up at the end? :D

Edited by TsukiChan ♥, 09 October 2014 - 04:16 PM.

#9 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:44 AM

I saw this!!

She's hallucinating right? It reminded me of Azula in a way...but...this could mean two things:

1. She's lost connection to her avatar self and she needs to find a way to reconnect
  2. Because of what happened in book 3, it affected her mentally

btw, do you think toph will show up at the end? :D

i saw the episode on twitch and this episode made me see myself in her in one particular scene once you see the episode you can probably guess which scene i mean also to answer your question your just gonna have to find out 

#10 TsukiChan ♥

TsukiChan ♥

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 02:35 PM

i saw the episode on twitch and this episode made me see myself in her in one particular scene once you see the episode you can probably guess which scene i mean also to answer your question your just gonna have to find out 

the talk she had with katara? btw I watched it too! ^-^ AND I SAW TOPH *O* she's so beautiful ahaha

Quick question but do you think there will be any mention of Suki soon?

#11 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 03:34 PM

i don't watch the show, but i found this to be really hilarious and it makes me want to cry

tumblr_nd78ovYbiZ1tfh2jso2_500.jpg

tumblr_nd78ovYbiZ1tfh2jso1_500.jpg

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#12 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:42 PM

the talk she had with katara? btw I watched it too! ^-^ AND I SAW TOPH *O* she's so beautiful ahaha

don't know but this season is already my favorite i saw myself in korra when she was walking to naga so if there is any bashing towards her today then the haters are heartless

#13 TsukiChan ♥

TsukiChan ♥

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:07 AM

don't know but this season is already my favorite i saw myself in korra when she was walking to naga so if there is any bashing towards her today then the haters are heartless

I never got how anyone could call her the worst avatar ever? or even hate her :/ and you were meaning the part with Naga? :o cool :)

#14 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 02:19 AM

Awesome episode! I love the dichotomy of Korra wanting to be able to be the Avatar, but her being afraid of what being in the Avatar state brought her. Her PST has manifested itself in the form of the Avatar state. 

This is definitely a Dagobah episode, even with it's own Yoda :P.

I love that this person will be whipping her back into shape. With all her -- not self pitying, but she's definitely having a hard time being outside of herself thanks to her PST, hopefully Toph can kick her bottom into gear. 

I was always curious as to how the Brava/Vahtu thing will work out. Will the Avatar become an Avatar of evil?

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#15 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 07:58 PM

ep 2 spoiler

Edited by sushi., 11 October 2014 - 07:59 PM.

ナルサク

#16 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:42 PM

I never got how anyone could call her the worst avatar ever? or even hate her :/ and you were meaning the part with Naga? :o cool :)

me either i enjoy her character throughout all her story arcs

#17 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 12:19 AM

I think the main criticism is that she seems to have a lot of problems solved for her. While she may defeat the physical threat, the overall danger/ problem is solved by other characters. This stems, I believe, from her issues being less straight forward than Aang's was (it was a person). So instead of taking action it seems more like she is reactionary. 

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#18 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:46 AM

but regardless of what they think korra is badass :)

#19 TsukiChan ♥

TsukiChan ♥

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:21 AM

ep 2 spoiler

Why does everyone keep saying she looks like Hama? lol :( she's like a prettier and less creepier version of that woman >.<  and I hope she reveals who the fathers are <.< hehe, I also hope we do get to see more Toph action as well! I saw a post on tumblr where someone said the creator or producer said that Toph helps her out through her journey ^-^

As for kuvira, I hope she teaches her a lesson and kicks her ass xD haha, if she puts metal over her eyes it wouldn't do a thing, over her feet she'd bend it off :)

Btw it's not the same clothes :) I thought so too but I googled a photo of her 12 year old self and it's different, just same color schemes c:

but regardless of what they think korra is badass :)

I'm with you on that one! :D love her ^-^

I think the main criticism is that she seems to have a lot of problems solved for her. While she may defeat the physical threat, the overall danger/ problem is solved by other characters. This stems, I believe, from her issues being less straight forward than Aang's was (it was a person). So instead of taking action it seems more like she is reactionary. 

That is the problem, well the situation and not the character, what I mean is how rushed things are and that's probably why it seems as though her problems are solved in the blink of an eye. When I started watching it, I noticed a lot of things seemed rushed, in lok, we are only given 13 episodes, but back in a:tla, we are given 19 - 20 episodes, which leaves more time for development and a proper back-story and stuff. With lok, because of the episode shortage, they have to kinda rush things a bit, and simplify the story so it all could fit enough for 1 season of 13 episodes.

#20 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 06:48 PM

Okay, oreo criticism. Good, bad, good. 

I love that Toph is back! I am a little weirded out that she's not very different from when she was a kid. She was one of my favorite characters from the original series but she's... the same. Even though she was head of the police force. I don't know. I like it but I don't like it at the same time. 

Le sigh... with her facial expressions it's almost cartoony how seeming evil Kuvira is going to be. I wish they had would make her the antagonist with a straight face, but with those eyebrows and evil smirk they may as well be playing foreboding villainous pipe organ music underneath. This is the last series and they're going to do that? I know she's hardcore when it comes to it but after every little small victory she's all like "mwuahahahaha," and I don't like it. They're better than this. 

I love that Korra's struggle is both physical and psychological-- that it is her unwillingness to get better and her fear of being hurt as the Avatar that prevents all the poison from getting out. Awesome character tension! --- On a side note, it is strange that even though Suyin founded a metal bending culture, her mother states that she's not the best at it. 

Okay so maybe it was a kind of good, bad, good critique, but the episode was honestly kind of 'meh' to me. 

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users