119 replies to this topic

#21 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:31 AM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Apr 22 2013, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So to those caught up: What is Clara? Her becoming a "D" is fixed, if I'm not mistaken.

LMAO

I'm sorry I didn't get that you were trying to avoid spoilers at first and I went, "What...?"

To stay on topic, Clara's still being cool. I thought that the TARDIS wasn't going to be able to go to that other dimension without dying, but Clara took it there anyway... twice. If this isn't addressed, imma be disappointed.
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#22 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (Saku-chan @ Apr 27 2013, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LMAO

I'm sorry I didn't get that you were trying to avoid spoilers at first and I went, "What...?"

To stay on topic, Clara's still being cool. I thought that the TARDIS wasn't going to be able to go to that other dimension without dying, but Clara took it there anyway... twice. If this isn't addressed, imma be disappointed.

Yeah... after I put that down I realized it could mean many a number of other things.

As far as the TARDIS surviving goes... I hope it's addressed, because four seconds is not a long time, at least not as long as what was shown, but I don't know if it will be. They never addressed why the Doctor couldn't just go back to the year after the Ponds were transported to and visit them.

An interesting theory I've read is that Clara could be a version of a person in Who history that got turned into a TARDIS. I believe it went evil before it was stopped. Might explain why the TARDIS doesn't like her.

Also even though it's been missing since the first episode of series seven part two, we probably don't want to forget that the Greater Intelligence is still out there and in need of a body.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#23 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Apr 27 2013, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah... after I put that down I realized it could mean many a number of other things.

As far as the TARDIS surviving goes... I hope it's addressed, because four seconds is not a long time, at least not as long as what was shown, but I don't know if it will be. They never addressed why the Doctor couldn't just go back to the year after the Ponds were transported to and visit them.

An interesting theory I've read is that Clara could be a version of a person in Who history that got turned into a TARDIS. I believe it went evil before it was stopped. Might explain why the TARDIS doesn't like her.

Also even though it's been missing since the first episode of series seven part two, we probably don't want to forget that the Greater Intelligence is still out there and in need of a body.

Well, I looked up the Great Intelligence and discovered that the GI's fought the earlier Doctors before. In its perspective, it faced 11th Doctor, the 2nd Doctor twice, then the 11th Doctor once again, in order of the GI's earliest encounter with The Doctor.

#24 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Apr 27 2013, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I looked up the Great Intelligence and discovered that the GI's fought the earlier Doctors before. In its perspective, it faced 11th Doctor, the 2nd Doctor twice, then the 11th Doctor once again, in order of the GI's earliest encounter with The Doctor.

Yep yep. I knew he had encountered the GI before, but I didn't know as which Doctor. I figure it might also have something to do with Clara's mystery.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#25 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:27 AM

More hints about The Good Ol' Doc's name in tonight's episode....

#26 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:56 AM

Journey to the Center of the TARDIS --Click here to view--
Wish there were more rooms shown inside the TARDIS. I expected crazier things though, and don't know like what, but I did. All we got was an observatory, library, and pool. I did think it was cool that the Timelord encyclopedia were liquids contained in a jar.

I actually liked this episode, unlike the last two.

Definitely some sweet DocXClara moments if that's your cup of tea.

The preview for the next episode is so-so. I'm really excited for 'Nightmare in Silver' and even though I don't know how I feel about them revealing his name, I'm excited for 'the Name of the Doctor'

I'm curious to see Clara and River together. Both bring their own version of sass.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#27 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:06 AM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Apr 27 2013, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They never addressed why the Doctor couldn't just go back to the year after the Ponds were transported to and visit them.

As far as the Ponds go, I thought that the doctor was unable to go back to where they were because of the large number of Angels in that pocket of time. They had a hard time getting to the 20's in the beginning of that episode in the first place.

As for Clara being a TARDIS, holy cow I really like that theory. :O That may also explain how the TARDIS was able to survive for longer in the parallel space.

And the GI! Maybe the GI is manipulating her existence somehow? Planting her in different timelines to see which one makes her the smartest?

(I'm really excited for this new era with Clara. Amy+Rory had their moments, but sometimes I felt like their drama overshadowed the cool scifi things.)
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#28 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Apr 27 2013, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wish there were more rooms shown inside the TARDIS. I expected crazier things though, and don't know like what, but I did. All we got was an observatory, library, and pool. I did think it was cool that the Timelord encyclopedia were liquids contained in a jar.

The preview for the next episode is so-so. I'm really excited for 'Nightmare in Silver' and even though I don't know how I feel about them revealing his name, I'm excited for 'the Name of the Doctor'

I'm curious to see Clara and River together. Both bring their own version of sass.

Clara and River will finally be in the same episode in the series 7 Finale, "The Name of the Doctor."
Would be interesting, that's for sure.

#29 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (Saku-chan @ Apr 28 2013, 02:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As far as the Ponds go, I thought that the doctor was unable to go back to where they were because of the large number of Angels in that pocket of time. They had a hard time getting to the 20's in the beginning of that episode in the first place.

The angels were killed. The hotel no longer existed. The angel that sent Amy and Rory back was dying, the last one, so I don't think it was that.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#30 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

Personally, I just thought that it was the guilt of not protecting the Pond-Williams from danger and death. At this point, The Doctor is absolutely tired of seeing his friends die, so he's just full of guilt at failing to save his best friends... again. That's most likely why he reacted the way he did. Sure he can probably use the TARDIS to travel to whenever the Angel sent the Pond-Williams, but it's more like a reminder of his failure than any heartfelt reunion. Barring any weird time anomalies, it's most likely a guilt issue.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 28 April 2013 - 10:44 PM.

#31 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:18 AM

That makes more sense.

Okay, generic topic, who is your favorite monster so far of the new series? I can't really answer the old one because I haven't watched most of it yet. Mine would have to be the Weeping Angels. You know what would be deadly is if the Silence aliens had their genes spliced with the Weeping Angels, super creepy. So you would still have to keep an eye on it, but the second you blink or looked away, you'd forget and then be transported to another time.

Also, Judoons vs. Sontarans who would win?

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#32 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Apr 28 2013, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That makes more sense.

Okay, generic topic, who is your favorite monster so far of the new series? I can't really answer the old one because I haven't watched most of it yet. Mine would have to be the Weeping Angels. You know what would be deadly is if the Silence aliens had their genes spliced with the Weeping Angels, super creepy. So you would still have to keep an eye on it, but the second you blink or looked away, you'd forget and then be transported to another time.

The Silence. With the Angels, you can still know where they are, you just have to be clever about it to run away.

With The Silence, you won't even know tha

Hmm, well, I'd go with the Sontarans. Clones are more numerous....

#33 MakeMoneyEatRice

MakeMoneyEatRice

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Apr 29 2013, 02:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That makes more sense.

Judoons are just cool...yeah so they win.

Do mind me being here...

#34 MakeMoneyEatRice

MakeMoneyEatRice

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Apr 28 2013, 05:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I freakin' loved Journey To The Centre of The TARDIS. It was the best episode of season seven part two right now. I really don't mind the reveal of the Doctor's name, and yes I did enjoy the Whouffle moment's in that episode, by enjoy I mean I nearly died from the ocean of feels.

I also can't wait for 'Nightmare In Silver' mainly because I just love the Cybermen, I like how they brought back the classic look of the Cybermen but also added a few new touches.

Do mind me being here...

#35 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:10 AM

"Crimson Horror" was okay, I really hope they deliver in "Nightmare in Silver" though. I enjoyed the return of our trigger-happy potato one. I wish he had more time, but he showed why he's a good person to have in a pinch.

You know for all the mystery about Clara, they simply keep mentioning it and not hinting at it, at all. Many times this is simply because it's a victim of poor writing. A good mystery on film and in television is one that is present enough that the audience can un-peal the clues and conjecture galore without just hitting someone over the head with it. But this kind of just seems like they keep saying "Ooooo, isn't she a mystery?" over and over again.

Moffat has said that he's laid some clues, some in plain sight and some very hidden...

There are some odd bits here and there.

Did anyone find it odd that the TARDIS didn't translate for Clara on the Rings of Akhatenn?

Also in that episode the Doctor tells Clara about his grand-daughter then walks away and I assume Clara follows for clarification on that topic but starts the next conversation which happens seconds later by digging into food instead... lazy writing, cut scene, or clue to be revealed later in a montage flashback that we're supposed to have considered a clue?

Also... Mr. Sweet... GROSS!!!!!!

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#36 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:12 AM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ May 5 2013, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Crimson Horror" was okay, I really hope they deliver in "Nightmare in Silver" though. I enjoyed the return of our trigger-happy potato one. I wish he had more time, but he showed why he's a good person to have in a pinch.

You know for all the mystery about Clara, they simply keep mentioning it and not hinting at it, at all. Many times this is simply because it's a victim of poor writing. A good mystery on film and in television is one that is present enough that the audience can un-peal the clues and conjecture galore without just hitting someone over the head with it. But this kind of just seems like they keep saying "Ooooo, isn't she a mystery?" over and over again.

Moffat has said that he's laid some clues, some in plain sight and some very hidden...

There are some odd bits here and there.

Did anyone find it odd that the TARDIS didn't translate for Clara on the Rings of Akhatenn?

Also in that episode the Doctor tells Clara about his grand-daughter then walks away and I assume Clara follows for clarification on that topic but starts the next conversation which happens seconds later by digging into food instead... lazy writing, cut scene, or clue to be revealed later in a montage flashback that we're supposed to have considered a clue?

Also... Mr. Sweet... GROSS!!!!!!

I considered the trio to be the best part in that episode. I love Vastra, Jenny, and Strax... kinda wish they have their own spin-off adventures series or something.

Anyone else got the "Thomas Thomas" joke?

It's possible that it's because Moffat hasn't written most of the episodes for this part of 7. The other Series had most of the episodes written about Moffat, with the occasional one by Gatiss, Gaiman, and couple of others, so there was a somewhat more consistent build up the 'mystery of the series.' I don't know....

#37 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

The guy who changes his obsesions way too often.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts
  • Interests:Winning the fanboy rivalry with FoolishYoungling

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

I just have to warn you guys for the next episode (I personaly can not stand cybermen. Everything about them is groutesq) that I think they might be ripping off Star Trek.

Borg anyone?

tumblr_nb92ixykOu1s7xenwo1_400.gif

OTP: NaruSaku; Favorite crack pairing: NaruIno

Runner-ups:AstridxHiccup (How to train your dragon),SusanxReed, WallyxKuki (Kids next door);  AshxMisty; ThorxSif

#38 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

Nightmare in Silver

I think this episode might kind of sum up the short-comings of this later half of the series 7. There are so many cool things in this episode but less then half of them are realized properly. I think it's because it feels very rushed, with elements that aren't needed shoehorned in (like the kids, who originally were going to play a larger part in S7p2). The children could've easily been anybody in this story with no different result. The Doctor cares for all innocent life.

Things I liked:
The Doctor is not immune to being upgraded anymore, which increases the stakes.
Cybermen are now constantly upgrading (as they should be to not feel dated) making them more of a threat.
Warwick Davis
Allons-y smile.gif

I want these Cybermen to now face the Dalek. It would make for a more even match. The trailer for the next episode has me super psyched. River's return! Strax... being not Strax or... the real Strax?

As for Clara's secret, here it is: the doctor's name teaser

Um... remember in the X-mas special last year when the Doctor said someone brought Strax back to life for him? What if this person is the same person who keeps bringing Clara back to life? Wouldn't that be a lame "twist"? There is a rebuttal though, in that Strax seemed to retain his memories.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#39 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (StrikerTheNoble @ May 6 2013, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just have to warn you guys for the next episode (I personaly can not stand cybermen. Everything about them is groutesq) that I think they might be ripping off Star Trek.

Borg anyone?

It's *grotesque.

Also, Cybermen have been doing that assimilation thing for years before The Borg did, it's just ramped up for Nightmare in Silver.

Besides,

http://en.wikipedia....:_Assimilation2

Anyone else found it funny that Warwick Davis was introduced in this episode manipulating a robot? Considering what movie he previously appeared in and how they manipulated another certain robot during those days..., made me giggle.

#40 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ May 12 2013, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone else found it funny that Warwick Davis was introduced in this episode manipulating a robot? Considering what movie he previously appeared in and how they manipulated another certain robot during those days..., made me giggle.

I'm sure I'll facepalm.png when you tell me, but which movie are you referring to?

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users