Yea and it has 800+ views in an hour..

#102 pal2002

pal2002

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:15 PM

Wow!..Can hardly believe the hug. I was seriously about to never read naruto again and then Kishi pulls this. Kishi continues to troll with the entire pairing fandom as usual, even after the confession now, we have the shipping triangles going absolutely nowhere.

Hinata's '......' speech box might have some importance over the face value. Bow if you think back now to the hospital scene where Sakura hugged Sasuke, you get the exact type of '.....' response from Naruto.

#103 Grizzly1

Grizzly1

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jun 5 2009, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, that coloured version sure went up quickly wow.gif

the coloring looks like it came straight from an anime, and the text looks like subs

#104 Nawheetos

Nawheetos

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jun 5 2009, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Speaking of the villagers, has anyone fail to notice of "WHERE's Sakura's parents?!" I'm still disappointed that we saw most of the parents of the Rookie 9 throughout the whole manga, except Sakura's parents. I want them in the manga so they can see the close relationship of their daughter has with Naruto.

Small silly observation: http://www.onemanga....ruto/450/02-03/

Middle building. Go down from the right wall. There's someone wearing a white circle, I swear. happy.gif

#105 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (DownsEndRoad @ Jun 5 2009, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Middle building. Go down from the right wall. There's someone wearing a white circle, I swear. happy.gif

I noticed that to but I doubt it was one of her relatives.

#106 pal2002

pal2002

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:27 PM

No one said I did not like it. I loved Naruto for quite while, even obsessed. But even you have to agree that Naruto's declined quite a bit since the chunnin exam arc. the last few arcs were so 'meh' to me that it had really turned me off the series.

But that doesn't matter now we have the hug. That was enough for me to keep me interested.
QUOTE (DownsEndRoad @ Jun 5 2009, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I see that, but also notice that there are quite a few random people with circles on their clothes. Just random decoration I bet since they had to draw so many people.

Edited by pal2002, 05 June 2009 - 05:30 PM.

#107 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:35 PM

Just downloaded the higher quality RAW from Mangahelpers. I'm currently cleaning up the lineart for the close-up panel, and have already removed the speech bubble. Will post it in the art forum later on tonight if anyone wants to have a crack at colouring it in. biggrin.gif

#108 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:41 PM

If this isn't enough inspiration to finish my doujin entry for the contest I have no idea what is.

;_____; That was a such a sweet hug.
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#109 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:08 PM

There is no manly way to express my glee. So sadly, I must deduct myself ten points on the manliness scale for what I'm about to do in response.

SQUEEEEEEEE.

Naruto and Sakura have the most developed relationship between any two Anime/Manga characters I have EVER seen, if Kishi can't be proud of anything else in his Manga( he can of course) it is that fact.

I can agree with this. Relationships in anime and manga tend to be overly simplistic a lot of the time. NaruSaku and the Naruto manga in general bucks the trend with the central plot of these two. I'm of the opinion that the manga's quality has fallen a great deal since right before VotE, but this part of it hasn't.

I just wish everything else could consistantly remain at the standards Kishi sets with the two.

Edited by dl316bh, 05 June 2009 - 06:08 PM.

bd5.jpg

#110 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (Wolfheart @ Jun 5 2009, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh!!! Looky what I found biggrin.gif

http://ladygt93.devi...k-you-124878962

danarusakunp3.gif

cool.gif

wow, looks good.

A lot of excitement here, I guess this is kinda a preview of what would happen if NaruSaku becomes cannon. So while the other camp has their "Back hug of rejection", I'll gladly take this happy.gif

QUOTE (Smiter @ Jun 5 2009, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think we've found our new H&E banner. wink.gif

It's got my approval!

Edited by Illmatic, 05 June 2009 - 06:28 PM.

#111 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:40 PM

I man-squeeled at the NaruSaku hug. I mean it. <3

#112 Prime

Prime

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Jun 5 2009, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

eh... i didnt do that... but i will admit i got a fuzzy feeling haha

#113 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Jun 5 2009, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I squealed as well too Kamina-Yoshi.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 05 June 2009 - 06:51 PM.

#114 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:51 PM

Jeeze it's only been a few hours and there are 6 pages! I feel like the subject has been beaten to death already but here I go biggrin.gif

For some reason, Naruto looked really cute when Kockeye-sensei was carrying him. It reminded me of when Kockeye-sensei carried him home from the Sasuke retrieval arc. Only this time Naruto WON *and* accomplished his dream of earning respect from the village YAY!! The look on Naruto's face when he saw everyone cheering at him was priceless.

Then Sakura walks up (in her proper place: behind the kids but in front of her peers) and bonks Naruto on the head as is her duty. After all, she knows he turned kyubified and nearly wrecked everything.

Again, the look on Naruto's face gave me pause. He doesn't stand right back up like he usually might after a hit from Sakura. He looked devastated. Here he is in the middle of a dream come true but his dream girl, instead of giving him the same acknowledgment as everyone else, is still as harsh as ever.

But then she puts her hand on his shoulder and steps in close for what seemed to me to be a very feminine Sakura-type embrace. With her hand to his neck she presses her head and body against him.wow.png (Her other hand is on his back for those of you who think that didn't even count as a hug. dry.gif)

Indeed, Naruto is shocked. Perhaps, just as he was about to return the hug their moment was interrupted by the gathered crowd who continued to praise their hero by giving him a few tosses in the air. ♪For he's a jolly good fellow~♪♫

~Ahem, sorry 'bout that.

Anyway, next we see the 9 original gennin, among others, smiling for them both. (Guy's smile says it all :teehee: ) Hinata smiles too because she knows that Sakura can make Naruto happy. In the same way that Naruto didn't try to interfere with SasuSaku, Hinata is choosing not to interfere with NaruSaku. Someone already pointed this out as being an act of love in and of itself.

So, we transition from the end of Naruto vs. Pain to the dark clouds gathering over Konoha a.k.a Danzou's plot which is, unfortunately, starting exactly as planned. Was anyone else confused or a little suprised by Shikamaru's Dad being in a high-up position that warrants his presence in that meeting? Five people on either side of the Daimyou, five advisors from the Fire country and five represenatives from Konoha and he was the only ninja selected. However, he is not so influential that his dissension over Danzou's authority will stop this storm from approaching.

Not for the first time I have to wonder just how far ahead Danzou is plotting. Once he has the power of Hokage what will stop him from trying to conquer more and more?

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#115 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:53 PM

Ah it was good to finally see the hug.

Oh and to the naysayers, any kind of public affection is kinda taboo in Japan, so to me it says something more than just a simple hug. Some of these people need to understand Japanese culture.

#116 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Jun 5 2009, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah it was good to finally see the hug.

Oh and to the naysayers, any kind of public affection is kinda taboo in Japan, so to me it says something more than just a simple hug. Some of these people need to understand Japanese culture.

Didn't know that myself actually. tongue.gif Thanks for that info though!

cool.gif ....NaruSaku 4 Lyfe!

#117 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:00 PM

As everyone has already said, the scene with the villagers and the almighty hug scene were so touching. I nearly got a tear in my eye seeing the villagers greeting Naruto. wub.gif

It also makes me wonder if the villagers are even going to have any appetite to go to war with anyone other than Akatsuki? They're going to have to rebuild (again) and focus on their lives, especially those that were brought back from the dead. I suspect that Danzo would want to wage war with more than just Akatsuki cause let's face it, the man has issues.

Though the Fire Daimyo is a total pushover. Who knows, maybe someone will put a hit on his life and Naruto will save the man at the last minute. Then the Fire Daimyo will think Naruto should be the next Hokage cause he saved his life. Of course, the same argument could be used if Sasuke did the same thing laugh.gif Again, Fire Daimyo = putz

And regarding the argument going around about how Naruto didn't "react" to Sakura's hug therefore narusaku won't happen . . . what do expect Naruto to do? Claim her as his in front of the entire village? The last shot of the hug is only from the head-up, you can't see Naruto's hands and what they may or may not be doing (head out of the gutter folks). I think for Sakura to have even hugged him in front of the entire village was a feat unto itself regardless of whether Naruto "reacted." Her act shows the entire village that Naruto is one of her precious people. The severity of how precious can be debated and I think I know how most people on this forum will lean, but you can't deny the fact that Sakura and Naruto have a very strong bond. That's why the hug was special.
End of line.

#118 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jun 5 2009, 07:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Team Cloud are so epic lulzy :teehee:

And I was thinking the exact same thing about who they may have 'crushes' on :cookie:
Just as long as they don't actually come between NaruSaku, and in fact may even spur NaruSaku on by making certain people jealous, either way things seem to be getting very interesting :teehee:

Hmm, rereading this conversation I kinda suspect Karui will crush on Ino. :teehee:

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#119 naruto-sama

naruto-sama

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Games, NaruSaku, HHr, Coffee xD

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:30 PM

waahhh what an epic hug!!! wub.gif wub.gif

love is in the air! and the blush in kakashi's face says that he knows something we don't biggrin.gif

Anyway, good chapter .... Naruto finally gets hero status!

The clan's heads don't have a say in who becomes Hokage??

where are the "flowers of hope"??? OMG Naruto throws them away!!!

#120 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:43 PM

Bah... everything's already been said. It was actually a good chapter and a very, very nice NaruSaku moment. I don't care how or what NaruHina believers do to downplay the hug, but there's no going around Sakura showing affection to Naruto in a non-sibling fashion. That can be debated, but to most of us, it is non-sibling like. For all we know, because of the panel cut off, Naruto could've returned the hug, or he would've if he wasn't pulled away to be cheered on.

The whole Danzo thing really annoyed me. I wonder if Sai will oppose Danzo if he really manages to take the seat. And when will Tsunade wake up from her coma? arg.gif

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users