295 replies to this topic

#1 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:23 AM

I read it recently and I'm thoroughly impressed by it; can't wait for the next chapter to be translated.

Are there any fellow fans of the series here? :happy:

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#2 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:27 AM

I've only watched the anime but it didn't leave much of an impact to me. I feel there was a lot of potential. I guess all of it went to the manga but I didn't follow it. 

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#3 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:41 AM

I read it recently and I'm thoroughly impressed by it; can't wait for the next chapter to be translated.

Me! :D I read it before starting Naruto.. It's a pity so little people know about it just because it's not in shounen jump magazine.. And my fav is Alice what about u?

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#4 Soul

Soul

Toriko's 1# fan!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Surfing the internet, Hanging out, drawing, reading and all that stuff..

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:11 AM

I knew about it a while ago, and maybe I can give it a try I guess.

#5 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:44 AM

I've only watched the anime but it didn't leave much of an impact to me. I feel there was a lot of potential. I guess all of it went to the manga but I didn't follow it. 

Yeah, the anime didn't handle the material very well from what I've heard/seen, and it ended before the story was about to reach huuuge levels.

Me! :D I read it before starting Naruto.. It's a pity so little people know about it just because it's not in shounen jump magazine.. And my fav is Alice what about u?

Agreed, it definitely deserves more exposure! And my favorite is Break, the close second being Gilbert.

Are you completely caught up in the manga?

I knew about it a while ago, and maybe I can give it a try I guess.

It's definitely worth a shot. The early translation online kinda sucks though, sadly. :ermm:  If you can work your way through it though, it's very rewarding.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 18 August 2013 - 04:44 AM.

AboojTi.gif

#6 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:56 AM

Agreed, it definitely deserves more exposure! And my favorite is Break, the close second being Gilbert.

Are you completely caught up in the manga?

Yeah :D It's a pity that it only come out once per month / 2 / 3 months...But hey quality beats quantity any day. I'm feeling kind of scared for Break.. He's already so old.. he might die anytime soon T-T

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#7 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:03 PM

Well if you're interested in it I'll give it a shot. :D So have you given up on Naruto? Just wondering. Since you seem to have despaired over well written villains becoming good for no reason and suddenly becoming funny. Not that I agree with the changes though, I just learned that even if I am disappointed in the developments I should accept them and continue on. That's just me though. But that said, I honestly laughed at Orochimaru's being funny cause it was so unexpected 

Edited by Phantom_999, 22 August 2013 - 03:23 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#8 Lucky Star

Lucky Star

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Reading,writing, sleeping, piano,t.v, video games,taekwondo, fangirling

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:07 PM

Are you kidding?! *points to profile pic* Pandora Hearts is amazing! Gil is my favorite but I really love the rest of the main cast too (Oz, Alice, Break, Sharon)

Yeah :D It's a pity that it only come out once per month / 2 / 3 months...But hey quality beats quantity any day. I'm feeling kind of scared for Break.. He's already so old.. he might die anytime soon T-T

Me too :( The new chapter was supposed to come out today. I really hope Break will be okay but Jun's track record makes me doubt it.

tumblr_n6o7sf8a9T1qf4xsdo1_r2_500.gif

Moving of the earth brings harms and fears; Men reckon what it did, and meant;
But trepidation of the spheres,Though greater far, is innocent. (John Donne)

#9 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:40 AM

Yeah, you summed it up with the "quality beats quantity". As long as the product keeps being great, I won't complain if she takes an extra month or two to write them here and there. Retrace 86 is supposed to be a large chapter (which scares me because the larger chapters tend to be the more painful/mindf***ing ones), so the extra month for it to be released isn't that bad.

Break! :argh: Please don't die for a while. :cry:

Well if you're interested in it I'll give it a shot. :D So have you given up on Naruto? Just wondering. Since you seem to have despaired over well written villains becoming good for no reason and suddenly becoming funny. Not that I agree with it though, I just learned that even if I am disappointed in the developments I should accept them and continue on. That's just me though. But that said, I honestly laughed at Orochimaru's being funny cause it was so unexpected 

By all means, try it! :happy: And yeah, I've pretty much given up on Naruto, for more reasons than just the villain thing you mentioned. I haven't read the last... 5/6/7 chapters? Maybe 8? Or more? I'm not sure, I don't remember exactly when I stopped. I'm glad I did, though. It was hurting me, reading each new chapter. And not in the good storytelling way.

*cough* Paindora Hurts *cough*

Are you kidding?! *points to profile pic* Pandora Hearts is amazing! Gil is my favorite but I really love the rest of the main cast too (Oz, Alice, Break, Sharon)

Me too :( The new chapter was supposed to come out today. I really hope Break will be okay but Jun's track record makes me doubt it.

Breeeeeeeeeakkkkkk :wha:
He must be okay! He must!

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 19 August 2013 - 04:52 AM.

AboojTi.gif

#10 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:54 PM

seems interesting so far. I'm in chapter 2, but I get this really tense feeling. :smile: Oh, and apparently Sage Mode is a key to defeating Obito right now. Just to let you know since you like sage mode.

#11 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

I love Pandora Hearts, though I do have trouble remembering what happened in the past chapters.

#12 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:13 AM

seems interesting so far. I'm in chapter 2, but I get this really tense feeling. :smile: Oh, and apparently Sage Mode is a key to defeating Obito right now. Just to let you know since you like sage mode.

Nice! Some small things to keep in mind, because the online translation is lulzy in the beginning:

- It's "Vessalius", not "Bezarius"

- It's "Nightray", not "Nightway"

And thanks for the heads up.

I love Pandora Hearts, though I do have trouble remembering what happened in the past chapters.

Understandable; there's so much detail at so many points in the series that it can be hard to keep track of at times. :lol:

AboojTi.gif

#13 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:03 AM

Oh thanks for the corrections! Maybe the translators were trying to put  the words into japanese pronounciation for the romanization, though I fail to see r sounding like w. Hmm anyways I'm enjoying the story so far but it there is some complexity to it so I'll re-read the chapters that I've read through first to understand the plot more. Well okay I confess I also kind of skimmed through it a little cause I was looking forward to the introduction of Alice for the romance aspect. I believe I'm on chapter 10? Anyways The story is captivating so I'll read it properly now that the I know some of the key characters.  :D  

Edited by Phantom_999, 22 August 2013 - 12:09 AM.

#14 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:32 AM

Oh thanks for the corrections! Maybe the translators were trying to put  the words into japanese pronounciation for the romanization, though I fail to see r sounding like w. Hmm anyways I'm enjoying the story so far but it there is some complexity to it so I'll re-read the chapters that I've read through first to understand the plot more. Well okay I confess I also kind of skimmed through it a little cause I was looking forward to the introduction of Alice for the romance aspect. I believe I'm on chapter 10? Anyways The story is captivating so I'll read it properly now that the I know some of the key characters.  :D  

Good to see you're enjoying it!

AboojTi.gif

#15 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:08 PM

Yeah I'm really getting into it!! I was wondering if you've ever read Kurokittensuji a.k.a. Black Butler? I think it's a great read too. It's a dark fantasy that emphasizes pretty heavily on human corruption and greed. The Main characters are Ciel Phantomhive and Sebastian Michaelis. Ciel is the last the last heir to a noble family in England that was captured for some black magic ritual (not elaborated on yet) and his parents were killed, So he is seeking revenge on those responsible for ruining his life. Sebastian is a demon who is under contract with him to help find his Parents' killers and who subjected him to his suffering, as well as help him investigate various mysteries that occur throughout the country. Once Ciel's goals are accomplished, He will let Sebastian eat his soul. It's a VERY interesting one I think.  :cool:

Edited by Phantom_999, 29 August 2013 - 05:23 PM.

#16 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

Pandora hearts 86 is out! xD

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#17 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:58 AM

Yeah I'm really getting into it!! I was wondering if you've ever read Kurokittensuji a.k.a. Black Butler? I think it's a great read too. It's a dark fantasy that emphasizes pretty heavily on human corruption and greed. The Main characters are Ciel Phantomhive and Sebastian Michaelis. Ciel is the last the last heir to a noble family in England that was captured for some black magic ritual (not elaborated on yet) and his parents were killed, So he is seeking revenge on those responsible for ruining his life. Sebastian is a demon who is under contract with him to help find his Parents' killers and who subjected him to his suffering, as well as help him investigate various mysteries that occur throughout the country. Once Ciel's goals are accomplished, He will let Sebastian eat his soul. It's a VERY interesting one I think.  :cool:

I've watched the first episode of the anime, a long time ago. Haven't watched any more since. Not that I didn't enjoy the first episode; I was very interested. It was just that I promised to watch the series with a friend, and that put off continuing the series for quite a while. :sweatdrop: But I may look further into it. I'm still interested in it. Thanks for bringing it up!

Pandora hearts 86 is out! xD

I read it; great chapter!

I'm trying to find the "spoiler" button, but I can't seem to find it...

AboojTi.gif

#18 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:31 AM

Ah. Well The anime's ending you would QUITE agree with. :cool: Both of them since there are 2 seasons worth. The manga is still ongoing with no conclusion yet determined but I always read the new chapter cause it is amazing. Well It's a bit more light hearted than the anime at times but trust me the dark content is very fun to read. Anyways just got excited about it. It's Great that you know about Awesome series, and I'll shut up now in order get back to PH so I can let you know about my thoughts once I've grasped everything lol. 

Edited by Phantom_999, 01 September 2013 - 02:33 AM.

#19 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

@zacrathedemon5: for the spoiler tag its like this [ spoiler = your title ] and then [ / spoiler]

new chapter chinese raw : http://www.ismanga.c...ndora-hearts-87

rufus barma is totally like uzumaki naruto, full of lolz.

and vincent is so :ohmy: loyal.. to his brother and master.

pm me if u want me to translate / explain any page, but i dont understand certain words as well lolz.

Edited by Hanabi, 26 September 2013 - 02:17 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#20 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:38 PM

I love this manga, it was actually the second manga I ever read after Naruto. I really feel like I need to re-read it all from the beginning though, refresh my mind on everything that happened so far. I can't decide which would be my favorite character, if I had to choose just one though, it'd probably be Break, by the way, I love your avatar Zac.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users