• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#21 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:45 PM

That doesn't mean it's more popular. Many people search "Naruto and Sakura" and just want to see the two of them as friends and teammates. If you search "Naruto x Sakura" however, you limit the results to romance.

When "SasuSaku", "NaruHina", and "NaruSaku" were searched there were barely any results. When "Naruto and Sakura" or "Sasuke and Sakura" or "Naruto and Hinata" were searched there were MANY more results. Like thousands of more. I think that shows that people search for them, in that manner, more often.

And it does kind of show that people are more interested in the relationship between Naruto and Sakura rather than SS/NH, because they at least have a stronger bond, that keeps getting stronger as the story goes on... so.. that's what I think.

But who cares what's popular in places? Pairings should be based on the actual development in the story, not popularity. Even though I'm pretty sure NaruHina isn't a very popular pairing in Japan either way... I think if you searched "Sasuke and Naruto" you would get like a million results XD

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#22 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

NejiHina is popular than NaruHina.

#23 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:55 PM

It's funny that you mention this because I am not so much scared as I am surprised that noone really notices something. People say Kishi is bad at romance and yet when it comes to Naruto and Sakura, those romantic moments are amazing. People say SasuSaku and NaruHina get better romantic moments, but do they really? I mean, is that fact or just fans hyping it up too much? I am starting to say it is the latter consdiring that the Naruto fandom can see Sakura hugging Naruto as platonic, but Sasuke just touching Sakura or attempting to murder her is apparently "more romantic." What? Even in this chapter. How can this be more romantic than some other moments we have seen? I'd say this "SS moment" is more platonic than even 615. Hell, 615 has more of a romantic undertone than this.

Still, I think the "bad written romance" mostly falls under NaruHina and SasuSaku. They are literally a forced pairing that has no development and Kishi shot himself in the foot with it. If his plans are to make NH and SS canon, there is no base to stand on while NS is on a pedastal. So the bad romanc is only with SS and NH and their romance plot points are ridiculously badly written.

Maybe that is the point. Maybe we are supposed to look at it bad because they are not meant to be together in the first place. If the love doesn't make sense, why make it happen?

That doesn't mean it's more popular. Many people search "Naruto and Sakura" and just want to see the two of them as friends and teammates. If you search "Naruto x Sakura" however, you limit the results to romance.

Then you would have to apply the same logic to Naruto and Hinata and Sasuke and Sakura. How many people just want them to be seen as friends and for the other to just acknowledge them?

No offense to you Sushi, but in truth this is one thing I hate recently. People always want to hold something against NaruSaku or make these claims that can applied to NaruHina and SasuSaku as well. Why do we only apply to NaruSaku though?

Edited by James S Cassidy, 18 July 2014 - 05:56 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#24 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:05 PM

Then you would have to apply the same logic to Naruto and Hinata and Sasuke and Sakura. How many people just want them to be seen as friends and for the other to just acknowledge them?

No offense to you Sushi, but in truth this is one thing I hate recently. People always want to hold something against NaruSaku or make these claims that can applied to NaruHina and SasuSaku as well. Why do we only apply to NaruSaku though?

Nicy try, but I don't?? I thought that much was obvious, I thought you got my point, so why mention the others. It has nothing to do with the NS ship, I just disagree with this way of making statistics.

Edited by sushi., 18 July 2014 - 06:10 PM.

ナルサク

#25 natalieuciha

natalieuciha

Special Jounin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:ugh
    i'll just gonna say that im gonna be forever anti SS/NH/SK

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:22 PM

Not as popular as NS.

do you have a graph?a poll?something?...from where do you claim such things?

#26 natalieuciha

natalieuciha

Special Jounin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:ugh
    i'll just gonna say that im gonna be forever anti SS/NH/SK

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:44 PM

that is a very errored way to establish a pairing popularity..searching ''naruto and sakura '' with the google engine ,whether japanese or english,will give you an enoumous amount of results,not just from narusaku,but will also include single sakura pics,naruto single pics,because ''naruto and sakura ''contains those keywords..hell you will also get sasusaku results(or any sakura pairing) that way because the ship with the names fully spelled out contains the name sakura..considering the fact that naruto and sakura are two characters with a enormous amout of screentime ,you will obviously get more results for them if you search ''naruto and sakura '' rather than ''naruto and hinata''..so yea its the sad truth ,ss is more popular,.but  i realy hope kishi wont be affected by popularity

sushi

if you put an x instead of ''and '' wont make much of a difference..it applies the same principle i said earlier..it will give you a huge amount of results not just from the narusaku ship ,but from all the naruto and sakura ships,since it contains those keywords.

Edited by natalieuciha, 18 July 2014 - 07:45 PM.

#27 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:57 PM

Nicy try, but I don't?? I thought that much was obvious, I thought you got my point, so why mention the others. It has nothing to do with the NS ship, I just disagree with this way of making statistics.

Nice try, but truth is truth. Everyone here always applies everything against NS and yet never apply the same logic to NH and SS. Just look at how we react now. Just look at all the times everyone reacts to anything SS or NH related. Noone ever learns despite constant reminders.

Look at the times people think that NH and SS dominates the fanbase yet never realize that maybe it is not that much of a difference. That being said, apply the reverse to here in the west. How do we know that SS and NH are the most popular? We use the same method to account the same.

I mention the others because people tend to forget or choose to ignore the fact that things go both ways.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 18 July 2014 - 07:58 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#28 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:04 PM

I'm afraid because Kishi could be influenced by his fans. I'm worried if the shipping popularity would effect Kishi's decisions. NH/SS are the most popular so he might make them canon so everyone would be happy.

If he ecomes influenced by his fans on which obviously have happened earlier like the Nagato Dragonball Z, he would pull out a ending were Team 7 is back and everyone is happy, like he showed it when he said he likes drawing them.

Nice try, but truth is truth. Everyone here always applies everything against NS and yet never apply the same logic to NH and SS.

Not "Everyone" i've noticed this pattern dont try to put the behavior of some fans and generalized to the whole forum, most of people of here just laughed and were sacastic over it or made jokes about it, there's 2 or 3 whom have taken it srsly.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 18 July 2014 - 08:15 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#29 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:57 PM

I've too often seen people say that "Naruto isn't about romance" or "Kishimoto's not the romantic type" and stuff

..but that's what gets me a little because, if this isnt really about romance and stuff then..wouldn't it scare you if Kishi just ultimately pairs up sasusaku and naruhina? since it doesn't really focus on romance? sorta knowing that he might just randomly pair people..because he may feel it's "fair"? just so the characters could end up with somebody?

I mean who knows...he is a professional troller :/

Scare me? No. It's true that romance is not center stage in this manga, but that doesn't mean it's irrelevant either. Development aside, Kishimoto went through the trouble of modeling the several relationships throughout the manga after Naruto's relationship with his own love interest, and while I am not a fan of parallels in place of development, they are very blatantly there as a clear sign of authorial intent. Parallels are a huge thing in this story -- for better or worse -- and they don't exist only in the romance subplot as there are also numerous parallels to Naruto and Sasuke and parallels between individual characters as well.

Again, I don't like using parallels as evidence instead of the actual development present, but from a writing perspective, it's a lot of effort to just toss aside in favor of "making everyone happy". You can't make everyone happy; it's pointless to even try. 

Any writer worth their salt will follow the breadcrumbs they've sprinkled on the trail to it's natural conclusion. Kishi may not be a flawless writer, but I would say he generally follows through on his foreshadowing. Though that's not to say he also hasn't done things that were totally out of left field -- like Kaguya -- but my point is that Kishi's not only development NaruSaku, he's also heavily foreshadowed it. He's all but telling readers that it will happen and it's the reader's choice if they plug their ears and cover their eyes because it's not what they want. It's not like Kishi's exactly subtle. If you step back fit all the pieces together, it's obvious that it can't be anything else but NaruSaku. Don't let yourself get caught up in the paranoia of an overzealous fandom. Okay? :smile:

#30 dylanrivers10000

dylanrivers10000

Blow this up like pyromania-def leppard

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Location:on the moon shadow and i blew up the earth, now along side the ENTIRE CALL OF DUTY FRANCHISE, and the A-TEAM
  • Interests:proving people that being stereotypical about me and bashing me is impolite, and is just rude!!!

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:29 PM

not scared at all

Neil-Young-Rockin-In-The-Fre-101219.jpg

#31 darkonanangel

darkonanangel

Rookie

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Bleach, Naruto, Drawing, Music, Internet Surfing

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:31 AM

Lol Kishi is the master of trolling. I feel like Naruhina and Sasusaku would benefit Naruto economically speaking. If NaruSaku happens, two fandoms will be disappointed. If SS and NH happens, one fandom will be disappointed. But when things become canon, people learn to let go sometimes.

#32 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:33 AM

Lol Kishi is the master of trolling. I feel like Naruhina and Sasusaku would benefit Naruto economically speaking. If NaruSaku happens, two fandoms will be disappointed. If SS and NH happens, one fandom will be disappointed. But when things become canon, people learn to let go sometimes.

I think you are forgetting a pairing...SasuKarin. There are plenty of SasuKarin fans out there that you will disappoint because Karin actually does love Sasuke. Just because you don't believe in it doesn't mean you can just forget about them. Also LeeSaku, SasuIno, and such. What about them? I guess it is easy to disappoint fans who you don't really care about that are not on your side right? Who cares about them?

Also, people learn to let go? Lol. You never saw the Harry Potter pairing wars or even the Avatar: Last Airbender pairing wars have you? We have 4 pairings in the running stage and two of them are going to be disappointed. Although, I could argue that NH is no longer viable because we got a NH moment and Naruto said they are living a lie. Unless you also want to count the LeeSaku we got. XD

Edited by James S Cassidy, 24 July 2014 - 02:47 AM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#33 kevbadguy23

kevbadguy23

[†] Cereal Killer [†]

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping, Browsing, Sleeping and More Sleep.

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:06 AM

I'm afraid because Kishi could be influenced by his fans. I'm worried if the shipping popularity would effect Kishi's decisions. NH/SS are the most popular so he might make them canon so everyone would be happy.

We have the same fear my friend. Seeing the last manga chapter and the cover gave me a mini heart attack  :omfg:

40ebbb42-2098-496a-af99-0c3d4228c008_zps

#34 Lodus

Lodus

l

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:34 AM

I think with the way society is today, anything and everything affectionate will be read as romantic..

Love has become this insane media mutated thing, (thanks to tumblr IMO) that IS ONE WAY AND ONE WAY ONLY. and there is nothing that exists between a relationship and a relationship<3

People have forgotten that we are human. And there is no way to do something right.

My point is, there are a lot of things in the manga that can be misread, and then turned into a as, ns, or nh moment. When in actuality, it's just something to show platonic affection.

Just like hugging means friendship. Or two best friends who happen to hold hands just because they're not in love, but just because.

tumblr_m6t2spSzKA1qgxo0po1_500.gif

#35 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:12 AM

No, I am not scared at all. Why should I?

Naruto is not about romance, but NS is the only pairing has got some development.

Lol Kishi is the master of trolling. I feel like Naruhina and Sasusaku would benefit Naruto economically speaking.

No. That is preposterous. Most fans does not care about pairings. Most of fans who care about pairings will keep buying the manga anyway. Most of fans who claim stop to buying the manga "if such-and-such pairing does not happen" read the chapters online and never purchased one single volume, hence they are not a big loss. And anyway I reckon that Kishimoto will not make a canon pairing before the end of the manga, so that alleged money loss would not affect the sales of the series.

Did you notice that J. K. Rowling confirmed that Dumbledore was homosexual AFTER she had published the last Harry Potter book and that revelation would not affect sales?

If people quits Naruto will be cause the quality of the story and not cause of the canon couples.

If NaruSaku happens, two fandoms will be disappointed. If SS and NH happens, one fandom will be disappointed.

Not only a fandom. What about NaruSasu? SasuKarin? SasuIno? LeeSaku? There are plenty more fandoms than NS, NH or SS.

And if you are going to pull the "fandom with larger number of fans" card, my answer is the NH and SS fandoms overlap. Most NH fans ship SS and vice versa. So no, more fans will not be disappointed.

"Kishimoto will earn more money if he makes NH canon". That argument is very old, very ridiculous and it talks volumes about the sense of self-entitlement of the fandom. I am sorry being blunt, but all of your arguments about why NH is better are old, tired and worn-out. They are the same arguments that NH fans have repeated ad infinitum. You do not seem to have original arguments.

I think with the way society is today, anything and everything affectionate will be read as romantic..

Love has become this insane media mutated thing, (thanks to tumblr IMO) that IS ONE WAY AND ONE WAY ONLY. and there is nothing that exists between a relationship and a relationship<3

It reminds me when C. S. Lewis told that there are many kinds of love and if you do not believe that two men can have a very close relationship without being in love then you must not believe that friendship exists (I am paraphrashing here).

Edited by Jenskott, 01 August 2014 - 07:15 AM.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#36 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:30 PM

We got too much giveaways for NS. The path is set by their developments, hints, parallels, and the theme. It's set and waiting to see how does it end.

Exactly but the NH and SS fans don't see right through it like NS fans do

#37 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:32 PM

Exactly but the NH and SS fans don't see right through it like NS fans do

Well, I guess you can say it's a selective readings. Read the only parts that satisfy you. It's like if I ignore every NH/SS, saying nothing has been going. I acknowledged all and still come to conclusion that NS is the answer.

#38 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:37 PM

Well, I guess you can say it's a selective readings. Read the only parts that satisfy you. It's like if I ignore every NH/SS, saying nothing has been going. I acknowledged all and still come to conclusion that NS is the answer.

Well your right about that

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: narusaku, whatif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users