54175 replies to this topic

#10141 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:29 PM

No, and if this volume ends the war arc, we all have to go over and see who really come up at top. Needless to say, NS is in the league as of now. We shall wait and see but really, I think it's already sealed.

#10142 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

what's a LAP?

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#10143 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

what's a LAP?

Long-ass post.   :yes:

#10144 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:58 PM

Long-ass post.   :yes:

lol! thanks for telling  :thanks:

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#10145 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

What NS moment that if never happened, would make you doubt NS being endgame?

#10146 morgaine4

morgaine4

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:34 PM

I agree.  Naruto and Hinata are not compatible.  In real life people say that opposites attract, and while there are certainly opposite-based relationships and marriages that have been successful, there are also many that end in fiery crashes or are endured with boredom, bitterness, or outright hatred due to social / cultural / religious pressures against divorce.

But Naruto is not real life, and we must look at the basis for and qualities of partnership and marriage that Kishimoto has established in his story.  To my memory, there are no obvious "opposites attract" couples in the manga.  In fact, the examples we've been given focus on combined strength, complementary styles, unity of purpose, and/or a man who appreciates a strong-willed woman.  (Hashirama/Mito, Asuma/Kurenai, Tsunade/Dan, Fugaku/Mikoto, the Fourth/Kurara, Shikaku/Yoshino.) 

I love your LAP!

Opposites can and do attract, but with Naruto and Sakura's relationship he's not just portraying a couple of individuals who could be attracted to each other, but a couple of individuals who could build a long term relationship and raise a family together --and succeed in the way that Minato and Kushina failed.  In real life, while opposites can attract, I'm not sure that that's enough in terms of building a family together.  In that case a couple needs enough differences to challenge and better each other, enough similarities to understand each other, enough differences to keep things/life/the bedroom interesting for years and years and year, enough similarities to have a common ground in terms of how to raise children and the sort of values they want to instill.  Naruto and Sakura are similar enough that it's believable that they could understand each other, live together for years, and raise a family together.  But they're different enough to make up for each other's short-comings, they're different enough to give each other a new perspective on various topics, to challenge each other, and to help the other become a better version of themselves.  Compatibility is necessary to build a long-term relationship --in real life though not in fiction-- but Kishi seems to want to portray a compatible couple because (whether he shows it on panel or not), these two are supposed to succeed where Minato and Kushina failed.

Without question, the most intimate view of romantic partnership we've seen in the story is that of Minato and Kushina.  I don't believe that is an accident.  We're told that Kushina's first impression of Minato was unfavorable, and that she considered him less than whatever manly ideal she first held at a young age.  Over time Minato grew strong and brave, and eventually impressed her with his strength as a man and a shinobi.  The icing on the cake was that Minato happened to be attracted to the one physical characteristic that Kushina disliked most about herself.  After a slow journey toward each other they married and had a very happy life together, and we know that right up to the moment of their deaths Minato maintained a good-natured but healthy respect for his wife's temper and tendency to dominate their disagreements

This reminds me of a post of mine on tumblr.  It's pretty clear that while based on the chronology of the Naruto-verse, when building Minato and Kushina's relationship Kishimoto was building it off of Naruto and Sakura's.  It's why Minato and Kushina's relationship is a simplified version of Naruto and Sakura's (no third party, Minato didn't henge into someone else when complimenting Kushina's hair), and it's also why Kushina mentioned to Naruto not to go for a weird girl, not because Naruto would always seen Hinata as "the weird girl" but in order to invoke certain images into the readers mind.  The reader is supposed to know that Naruto referred to Hinata as weird, it's Kishimoto's way of telling us where the story is going.  (If you're interested in reading my post on the parallels, here it is =P).

#10147 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

I think the only one that would cause that is Sakura never getting over her feelings for Sasuke.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#10148 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

I think the only one that would cause that is Sakura never getting over her feelings for Sasuke.

Sorry, I meant NS moment that already happened. What one moment being removed would make you think otherwise?

#10149 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

off topic.. but i really am surprised that some really think 631 (and 632) is a joke. being so deeply in denial is amazing in its own way.

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#10150 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

The moments in 631 we so needed those moments.

#10151 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

The moments in 631 we so needed those moments.

No kidding.

off topic.. but i really am surprised that some really think 631 (and 632) is a joke. being so deeply in denial is amazing in its own way.

You know, I'm curious how they can pass three NS of doom.

1. "Yes, she's my girlfriend. Well more or less..."
2. "She's like Kushina."
3. "I'll show you my power." *smiles*

#10152 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:57 PM

What I'm surprised of is that it is considered confirmed. 631 is a joke, 632 proves it. :unsure: It's alright to interpretate, but acting like you have evidence when you do not have will only bite you in the back.

And no, it's not off-topic. The debate thread is an all-around topic thread, nothing is oft actually ! :excited:

maybe one..I'm 18 today : D

ナルサク

#10153 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:02 PM

What I'm surprised of is that it is considered confirmed. 631 is a joke, 632 proves it. :unsure: It's alright to interpretate, but acting like you have evidence when you do not have will only bite you in the back.

And no, it's not off-topic. The debate thread is an all-around topic thread, nothing is oft actually ! :excited:

Try to think the way to counter all the ones I wrote above because I'm curious how can they do one.

Your birthday? Happy birthday!

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 20 October 2013 - 11:02 PM.

#10154 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:04 PM

IT differently will when the two kiss.

You're birthday? happy birthday.

#10155 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:07 PM

thanks guys :dance:

ナルサク

#10156 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:10 PM

Assuming this arc ends in this volume. If a special edition of 450 happens in the end, how would they back it up?

#10157 narusakufan122

narusakufan122

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:27 PM

Well i wouldn't really doubt it being endgame but the NS moment that made me certain of NS was :

Sakura running towards four tailed naruto. Crying and screaming "i'll save Sasuke for you"

Yamato's unfinished sentence "It's not what you do for Naruto that's important" " It's how strongly you feel about him that counts"

*Sakura's schocked face* "hmph" "Sakura.. I can tell just by looking at you" " the truth is you- "

You don't put this scene in unless your making NS endgame.(imo ofcourse)

#10158 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:29 PM

Well i wouldn't really doubt it being endgame but the NS moment that made me certain of NS was :

Sakura running towards four tailed naruto. Crying and screaming "i'll save Sasuke for you"
Yamato's unfinished sentence "It's not what you do for Naruto that's important" " It's how strongly you feel about him that counts"
*Sakura's schocked face* "hmph" "Sakura.. I can tell just by looking at you" " the truth is you- "

You don't put this scene in unless your making NS endgame.(imo ofcourse)

Well, you got my respect. :)

#10159 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:35 PM

I agree.  Naruto and Hinata are not compatible.  In real life people say that opposites attract, and while there are certainly opposite-based relationships and marriages that have been successful, there are also many that end in fiery crashes or are endured with boredom, bitterness, or outright hatred due to social / cultural / religious pressures against divorce.

But Naruto is not real life, and we must look at the basis for and qualities of partnership and marriage that Kishimoto has established in his story.  To my memory, there are no obvious "opposites attract" couples in the manga.  In fact, the examples we've been given focus on combined strength, complementary styles, unity of purpose, and/or a man who appreciates a strong-willed woman.  (Hashirama/Mito, Asuma/Kurenai, Tsunade/Dan, Fugaku/Mikoto, the Fourth/Kurara, Shikaku/Yoshino.) 

Without question, the most intimate view of romantic partnership we've seen in the story is that of Minato and Kushina.  I don't believe that is an accident.  We're told that Kushina's first impression of Minato was unfavorable, and that she considered him less than whatever manly ideal she first held at a young age.  Over time Minato grew strong and brave, and eventually impressed her with his strength as a man and a shinobi.  The icing on the cake was that Minato happened to be attracted to the one physical characteristic that Kushina disliked most about herself.  After a slow journey toward each other they married and had a very happy life together, and we know that right up to the moment of their deaths Minato maintained a good-natured but healthy respect for his wife's temper and tendency to dominate their disagreements.

Even if the elements of the astoundingly obvious parallel between MK and NS were somehow debatable, the timing Kishimoto chose to introduce the details of the MK history and courtship removes all objective doubt.  The backstory of MK was brought in just as Naruto is required to focus on being filled with love and acceptance in order to be an effective jinchuriki.  Just before he will be required to seek not a "weird" girlfriend/wife but one like his mother.  Just as Sakura is heading into a series of events that will reveal, once and for all, Naruto's strength as a man and a shinobi.

Hinata has no place in these events, nor any compatibility or relevance to the key example of romantic partnership outlined in the story.

And really, the foundation was clearly built in Part I.  As I mentioned in my previous post, Naruto operates almost entirely on instinct.  How was this instinct applied when it came to what his foreshadowed role was in the lives of the two girls, and in terms of what they actually needed to hear from him?  

In the case of Hinata, Naruto's instinct sensed her fears and feelings of inferiority.  Naruto reacted to what he sensed by standing up for Hinata against Neji, showing her that underdogs could overcome their weaknesses and win.  He treated her like a friend and an equal member of the rookie team, and has repeatedly shored up her lagging self-confidence.  Like a big brother, or a coach, or a future Hokage would, but not the way a boyfriend or future husband would.

By contrast, Naruto's instinct sensed Sakura's deep insecurity about her appearance, and her desire to be acknowledged as a serious and capable girl worthy of being an elite shinobi's teammate and love interest.  He reacted to what he sensed by appearing before her as a henge of Sasuke, instinctively saying exactly what she wished to hear about her forehead, instinctively responding with the same desire -- to be a serious and capable guy worthy of being her teammate and love interest -- and recognizing that the similarity of their deepest feelings was why he loves her.

Hinata has never been Naruto's love interest, and despite her own confusion Naruto has never truly been Hinata's love interest.  Certainly not a mature girl's interest.  Her feelings for Naruto remind me of the sort of crush a girl might get on her much-older brother's college friend.  To her mind he's cool, accomplished, and makes her think and feel things that are exciting.  But it's an impossible relationship.  The guy might be fond of his friend's kid sister, pay attention to her to boost her confidence, but he would never think of her as a romantic interest.  It's the sort of relationship that can only exist in the shy, inexperienced girl's fantasies.

Overall, I see Hinata as like a china doll.  Lovely, delicate, and fragile but of limited utility.  She's a china doll dressed in a ninja costume.  And Naruto is the proverbial bull in the china shop.  They don't go together.  

Meanwhile Sakura is a real girl.  She's willing to roll up her sleeves and get her hands dirty, able to keep up with the boys and tolerate their smelly farts and bad language, willing and able to thrash them within an inch of their lives if they give her any grief.  And after all that she cleans up very nicely and still acts like a girl you could take to meet your mother.  Given Naruto's personality, is it any wonder he likes her so much?

Kishimoto has given any reader with an objective eye all the hints and details they need to see what's coming.

Sorry for the LAP.  Just my opinion.

Hinata is not a sociable type of person maybe that's why she doesnt match up with Naruto, Naruto and Sakura however are more open.

She's distant to her teammates, i remember that she even adressed Kiba as Kiba-kun.

I hear often that people says that Hinata is a typical japanese girl which makes sense due to the reaction she had on the handholding.( it was the first time on her life that she had a physical contact with Naruto on 615 chapters)

Naruto and Sakura share a lot of opposites, Sakura enjoys reading and like intelligence, Naruto is completely ignorant, Sakura appreaciate artistic showcasing (Paintings etc...) Naruto however also is ignorant to this.

Sakura is correct, obey rules and etc..., Naruto does the contrary, ( on movie 1 she punched Naruto because of the way he talked with the princess) that was funny.

I agree with you.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 20 October 2013 - 11:42 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#10160 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

Hinata is not a sociable type of person maybe that's why she doesnt match up with Naruto, Naruto and Sakura however are more open.

She's distant to her teammates, i remember that she even adressed Kiba as Kiba-kun.

I hear often that people says that Hinata is a typical japanese girl which makes sense due to the reaction she had on the handholding.( it was the first time on her life that she had a physical contact with Naruto on 615 chapters)

That made me laugh  so bad. LMAO Your actually right, that's the first time since 388384848 chapters that she ever had any physical contact with Naruto.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users