• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#1 Gena kumo

Gena kumo

Floatin' along as a Silvery Cloud...

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Interests:Let's see....<br />-Reading<br />-Writing<br />-Sketching/Doodling<br />-Traveling<br />-And practically anything and EVERYTHING that has to do w/ <br />creativity and The Arts ^_^

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:17 AM

In light of recent developments in Naruto...
namely, Chapter 482, where Sakura declares that she wants to join forces with Sasuke.

...has Sakura, as a female protagonists, had any true character development (learned from her mistakes and become a better person)?

Or has she remained unchanged, a little girl still pursuing her 'first love?'

Why or why not?

[color="#FF8C00"]My fan-writing <3 fairycloud22

#2 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:26 AM

Well, in Shippuden, we were all fooled that she had grown up, and gotten over Sasuke, but with the recent events (and chapter predictions), it's hard to think the same way about her. But hopefully Kishi will keep his promise and make her a heroine.

#3 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:31 AM

Sakura is far from a little fan girl anymore, she's grown; she doesn't sit in the background and watch everyone grow as she stays the same weak little girl, she trained hard time and time again to become strong and protect Konoha and Naruto and she wants to save Sasuke for Naruto, not herself; but as for recent chapters, she knows that after the five-kage arc there's no way Sasuke can/could be saved, he's too dark, she can feel it too when she met up with him. Sakura simply wants to join Sasuke to get close to him so when he least expects it strikes and hopefully kills him. We haven't seen her fight in a while, so she probably has been training in that time, so don't expect her fight Sasuke the same way she did with Sasori, she most likely has gotten a lot stronger since then. Sasuke is an international criminal, not matter what, there's no way he's ever gonna be allowed back into Konoha let alone anywhere. Sakura cares for Sasuke as a friend, and thinks that as his friend she needs to be the only one to stop him so Naruto doesn't have too.
If you still think Sakura is a fangirl, where have you been the past 481 chapters? She's never gonna go back to that because she's way too close to Naruto to just betray him for some criminal. Has Sakura truely acted like a fangirl to you? No? Good wink.gif
Sakura is gonna prove herself a hero, Kishimoto said it himself in an interview because she's the main heroine not Hinata or anybody else. Sakura Haruno. That's how I feel for the most part. Sakura isn't just gonna sit by as Sasuke emotionally destroys Naruto's life, she's gonna do something, and her plan is to kill Sasuke for the sake of Naruto.

#4 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:20 AM

To be fair, Kishimoto has neglected her for quite a while now.

The first arc in part 2 was used to show how much she learned and how different she has become since part 1. The second arc was used to hint at her feelings for Naruto, and how she feels she does not contribute enough. This arc, Kishimoto is essentially trying to wrap up "who does she love?" I'd say that Sakura generally has had short bursts of character development, but those bursts shape her as a character dramatically.

And say what you will about Kishimoto; he has more or less delivered on the major plot points of his story (Sasuke's revenge, Naruto's sage training, etc). While I can say that sometimes it's not what I expected, I'm really not too worried about who she ends up with, especially this arc. How he's going to pull it off, or more importantly, if he will pull it off well, is something as of yet to be determined.

In terms of her training, to be frank we never really did see what either member of Team 7 went through with their respective senseis to get to where they are now. Jiraya seemed to train Naruto to do what he already knows better, and to seek his own knowledge. While Jiraya is known for goofing off, the same can be said for Naruto. Tsunade taught Sakura skills the later never had before, but her position as Hokage most likely limited her time to train Sakura. Since Sasuke was a prodigy, he could pretty much learn everything on his own.

I'd imagine at some point we'll have a showdown of some kind between Sakura and Sasuke. While Sasuke is the better fighter overall, I'm sure Sakura has quite a few tricks up her sleeve. I'm sure she herself is aware that a face-off with Sasuke may as well be a fight against Orochimaru. At this point, Sasuke is hurt pretty badly, but clearly still has some fight left in him, but because of the way his eyes are, would not want to use his Magenkyo (this is assuming that in the chapters to come Sakura will not be forced to heal Sasuke back to full health). Plus, Sakura's strength, assuming this is all she brings to the fight, is still a weapon to be reckoned with.

There are two things that concern me though. First, I would not like this to be her last fight of the series. I would very much like to see her in a one-on-one confrontation with somebody, where the antagonist is at full health (and her being spent will add to the fun) before Kishimoto wraps the series up. Second, I'm worried that even if she wins this confrontation with Sasuke, Madara will come in and screw everything up, forcing Naruto to save her. I don't so much mind Sakura being rescued again, I'm just worried that he would do that without showing "in most cases she wouldn't need help". I'm suspecting she'll need to be rescued because Madara mentioned something about someone needing to be fused with the Gedo Mazo, and said Konan was originally intended to fuse with it.

The one thing that has annoyed me from the fans (no matter who they ship), is that they all assume that just assume because Sakura trained under a sanin, that she's supposed to be this perfect person. No; she has flaws just like everybody else, same as Naruto, Sasuke, and even Sai. She's not done growing up yet, but rest assured she will. She will make mistakes, and anyone who has experienced life's troubles will make a lot of them.

Edited by Kodachi Claws, 16 February 2010 - 06:58 AM.

#5 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:01 AM

Sakura have long past the stage of the obsess fangirl on Sasuke. We have seen many proof of that.

It part of plan to stop both her and Sasuke from causing more pain to Naruto and I think I don't need to remember you the part when Sai told her that she was causing Naruto's pain because of the 'promise of a lifetime' to bring Sasuke FOR HER. After that, she state that she was the one who's cause him THE MOST pain and that she didn't want to make another mistake.

After that, there is the 'oh so unforgettable confession' of her love for him. If she didn't mean it, then that would be a very big mistake from her part (keep in mind the part that she promise to 'no longer make another mistake'). Thank to Sai, she discover that he truly love her. Now tell me, would the very same girl that no longer want to make another mistake and to stop causing Naruto's pain would use that knowledge to stop him from his never-ending quest to rescue Sasuke? The logical answer would be no because, the simple fact that taking advantage of the knowledge of him loving her, even with the good intention to stop him for pursue Sasuke, would be cruel if she lied when she said that she love him (and again, a very bad mistake). Also, after she left with Lee, Kiba and Sai, the Sai-clone told Naruto that she ALREADY KNEW what would be his answers if she told him the reason behind that confession, and that when, after that, Yamato-taichou said that she NEVER MEANT TO TELL HIM the truth about killing Sasuke in the first place. Again, if she never meant to tell him the true reason behind that confession, why would she make that confession in the first place? She could have make her speech without confessing her love to him. However, the fact that she confess her love or not, wouldn't have change his answers. So, because of all of that, I truly believe that Sakura didn't lie when she said that she love him.

So, in the end, she want to 'join' Sasuke because of Naruto and not because she still is the same obsess fan girl that loved Sasuke. She want to break the promise of a lifetime that he make for her, and by doing so, ending is never-ending pain that would bring him for always chasing Sasuke.

Now back to you're question. The answer, even if it seem obvious after my explanation, is no, Sakura isn't the same little fangirl that obsess with Sasuke. She did have a true character development by learning form her mistake of being the one that cause Naruto the most pain and becoming a better person by doing what seem right to end what have been the biggest source of Naruto' suffering : Killing Sasuke herself. Kishimoto did said that he would make her more heroine-like and I think that her devotion to Naruto by wanting to kill Sasuke for him is THE MAIN REASON of that character developpement of the more heroic Sakura.

Edited by silverserenity, 16 February 2010 - 07:31 AM.

#6 Kenny-kun

Kenny-kun

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 03:21 AM

Sakura is nothing more than pairing fodder at the moment. The manga isn't over yet though so we'll wait and see if she turns out to be anything more.

#7 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:59 AM

QUOTE (Kenny-kun @ Apr 2 2010, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sakura is nothing more than pairing fodder at the moment. The manga isn't over yet though so we'll wait and see if she turns out to be anything more.

While i can't deny her being used as the damsel of distress dangit Kishi msmack.gif , i think she'll get some training with Tsunade hopefully to prepare for the upcoming war and help further protect Naruto. happy.gif

#8 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:30 AM

I don't think Naruto needs to be protected... I think he needs help fighting them since he's oh-so independent now. Sakura better trains her butt off >P

#9 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:50 PM

I find it funny that in the past 50 chapters of the manga. Sakua and Naruto went though the 5 stages of Grief.

Stage 1: Denial

This stage has occurred through out the series from the end of the last first series to all the way into Shippuden and the Pein arc.

They both countless of times denied that Sasuke is not redeemable. They both denied every single person who told them what needed to be done and each tried to solve this problem their own way. Nauto denied it by blaming it on Madara, Itachi, and himself. Sakura denied it by also blaming herself. (Not sure about her blaming anybody else, but correct me if I am wrong.) In reality, Sasuke leaving and becoming the villain is Sasuke's own fault and as Madara says "Fate." They also denied that Team 7 would never be together again.

Stage 2: Anger.

This stage occurred very early in the Shippuden series with Naruto and Sakura getting mad at Orochimaru, Itachi, maybe Sasori, Kabuto, and few others along the way. This one is mostly self explanatory.

Stage 3: Bargaining.

Naruto and Sakura have gone through this stage, but at different points. Naruto tried to bargain with A, the Fourth Raikage, and to his team to leave Sasuke alone and let him handle it. Despite his efforts, he could not persuade them. Sakura tried to bargain with Naruto by saying that She loves him and because of this she no longer needs or loves Sasuke.*

*Note: I am not saying her confession was truth or a lie. I am just saying she used it to bargain with Naruto. Which also failed.

Stage 4: Depression

Both Naruto and Sakura have cried over Sasuke. Again blaming themselves and thinking they hurt each other. Naruto hurting Sakura by breaking the PoaL and Sakura hurting Naruto through guilt. The rest is also self explanatory.

This stage lasted the longest.

Stage 5: Acceptance

This stage occurred from 480 to now. It was a stage both Sakura and Naruto went through and both knew what finally needed to be done. Sakura needed to set her feelings down once and for all. She needed closure and she got it. Naruto needed closure too, but he he did it both ways.

He knows he can't bring Sasuke back to which he accepted now, but he doesn't want to kill him either. So he says to Sasuke that he will not chase him anymore. That of he never returns, then no one will come after him. If he returns, they will fight and they both will die.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 29 April 2010 - 02:36 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#10 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Apr 29 2010, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I find it funny that in the past 50 chapters of the manga. Sakua and Naruto went though the 5 stages of Grief.

Stage 1: Denial

This stage has occured through out the series from the end of the last first series to all the way into Shippuden and the Pein arc.

They both countless of times denied that Sasuke is not redeemable. They both denied every single person who told them what needed to be done and each tied to solve this problem their own way. Nauto denied it by blaming it on Madara, Itachi, and himself. Sakura denied it by also blaming herself. (Not sue about he blaing anybody else, but correct me if I am wrong.) In reality, Sasuke leaving and becoming the villain is Sasuke own fault and as Madara says "Fate." They also denied that Team 7 would never be together again.

Stage 2: Anger.

This stage occurred very early in the Shippuden with Naruto and Sakura getting mad at Orochimaru, Itachi, maybe Sasori, Kabuto, and few others along the way. This one is mostly self explanatory.

Stage 3: Bargaining.

Naruto and Sakura have gone through this stage, but at different points. Naruto tried to bargain with A, the Fourth Raikage, and to his team to leave Sasuke alone and let him handle it. Despite his efforts, he could persuade them. Sakura tried to bargain with Naruto by saying that She loves him and because of this she no longer needs or loves Sasuke.*

*Note: I am not saying her confession was truth or a lie. I am just saying she used it to bargain with Naruto. Which also failed.

Stage 4: Depression

Both Naruto and Sakura have cried over Sasuke. Again blaming themselves and thinking they hurt each other. Naruto hurting Sakura by breaking the PoaL and Sakura hurting Naruto through guilt. The rest is also self explanatory.

This stage lasted the longest.

Stage 5: Acceptance

This stage occurred from 480 to now. It was a stage both Sakura and Naruto went through and both knew what finally needed to be done. Sakura needed to set her feelings down once and for all. She needed closure and she got it. Naruto needed closure too, but he he did it both ways.

He knows he can't bring Sasuke back to which he accepted now, but he doesn't want to kill him either. So he says to Sasuke that he will not chase him anymore. That of he never returns, then no one will come after him. If he returns, they will fight and they both will die.

Well said my friend and its about time Naruto & Sakura accept the person Sasuke has become. The only one who can change Sasuke is Sasuke. The guy had many chances to turn away from his dark path but was content on staying that way.
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#11 RasenHolder

RasenHolder

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:23 PM

I reacon sakura was tryna destract sasuke by saying she wants to join forces with him then when getting closer to him try to kill him. although she couldnt cos he was still a friends
You gave me the wing's to fly.

NaruSaku.. <33

I'll bring you back.. Sasukeits a promise Of a life time..

CREDIT: zKrXita on deviantart for the amazing Gif images =]

#12 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:57 PM

Well said James-kun •^^•!

I think Sakura has grown-up. I think the one issue now is emotional issues. Sakura cries... A lot! She cried when Sasuke was leaving; she cried when she asked Naruto to bring him back, she cried when she found out Naruto was a Jinchūriki, she cried when... Well, you get the idea. I think she needs a good ol' talking too. Tsunade's awake but too busy... Hm.

Edited by ShippudenGirl, 03 May 2010 - 09:58 PM.

#13 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ May 3 2010, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well said James-kun •^^•!

I think Sakura has grown-up. I think the one issue now is emotional issues. Sakura cries... A lot! She cried when Sasuke was leaving; she cried when she asked Naruto to bring him back, she cried when she found out Naruto was a Jinchūriki, she cried when... Well, you get the idea. I think she needs a good ol' talking too. Tsunade's awake but too busy... Hm.

She didn't cry when she found he was a Jinchiruki, she cried when she was told that if the Kyubi is removed Naruto will die. Naruto of course being this silly froon, thought that the tears were meant for Gaara.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#14 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ May 3 2010, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She didn't cry when she found he was a Jinchiruki, she cried when she was told that if the Kyubi is removed Naruto will die. Naruto of course being this silly froon, thought that the tears were meant for Gaara.

froon? lol

and don't forget the bridge!

#15 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ May 4 2010, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Really? I thought... Eh, yeah I guess so.

QUOTE (pharix @ May 4 2010, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
froon? lol

I forgot to mention that >P I didn't forget though of course! That was the most epic NaruSaku moment!

#16 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (pharix @ May 4 2010, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
froon? lol

Froon = Fool xD

also that whole arc had like 4 NaruSaku moments.

1 At the bridge
2 After Sakura sees the 4 tails form, running towards him, knowing that the chakra being emitted was dangerous, i would imagine what would happen if the Kyubi hadn't slapped her with his tail
3 The healing part xDD
4 When Naruto collapses again...lol that was very Foxyyyy xD

Edited by Strangelove, 13 May 2010 - 11:26 PM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#17 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 07:57 PM

I finally found proof to prove that Sakura's Confession was not based off guilt, but pure love for him. I used nothing, but the manga itself and I think it is very much relevant.

Let's start from the Pain battle. After Hinata's confession Naruto went 9 tails and went off on Pain. No denying this. Let's skip ahead a little to chapter 442. Sakura is healing Hinata and finds out about Hinata's confession. She looks distraught. Now let me first ask this, why would a "friend" or a "sister" by a girl confessing her love for their "friend" or "brother"? I am sure a similar instant has happened to all of us in some form. To those who can remember, did you feel sad or distraught that you found out someone loved your friend or brother? Why would Sakura be distraught about hearing this if she doesn't love Naruto and only loves Sasuke? You guys always have the answers to these questions so I will move on

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/442/01/
(Yeah, she looks pretty sad finding out another girl is in love with her "brother." Could it be that she doesn't see Naruto as a brother?)

Chapter 458 is when Sai told Sakura about Naruto's feelings for her to which she began to cry. Most thought she cried because she caused him pain, but I noticed something. Sakura started crying BEFORE Sai said that the "promise" was a burden on him.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/458/14/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/458/15/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/458/17/

Why would she do that? Why would she cry? Some say it was because of the guilt of the promise, but I don't think so. If her finding out that his promise to her was a burden after she started crying, then why was she crying in the first place.

I think because she felt somewhat happy that Naruto was in love with her despite Hinata. That she felt guilty not about the promise, but about not noticing it before. She felt stupid for not seeing the truth of things because of her ideals on Sasuke and her focus on his return. She felt guilty because she already had a perfect man, she just never noticed. Okay I was stretching it on that last one, but you guys get the idea.

Again, a friend or brother would not be AS emotional about this. They would feel guilty, but they would not cry over and they would not make matters worse by "lying" to them the next time they see them.

What do you all think?

I am looking at this from a non-biased point of view or I tried to. I don't know if I failed or succeeded, but I shown this to others who have no pairing affiliation and they said that what I have said does make sense.

I know I probably missed a few minor details, in this post, but I did cover all bases and have analyzed this thoroughly.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#18 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ May 18 2010, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why would she do that? Why would she cry? Some say it was because of the guilt of the promise, but I don't think so. If her finding out that his promise to her was a burden after she started crying, then why was she crying in the first place.

Well, looking at the panels, Sakura starts crying as she is remembering Naruto making the promise. This comes after Sai just told her that Naruto really loves her. So she feels upset that Naruto has loved her all this time even while she asked him to bring back Sasuke. I think no matter how you look at it, there is guilt there. It's not like it is news to Sakura that she burdened Naruto; she has struggled with that fact for awhile, but had been unable to fix it yet.

At the same time, whenever I see that panel of Sakura thinking about Hinata loving Naruto, I can't think of any emotion but jealousy there. She looks like someone who is afraid to lose something and yet at the same time doesn't feel she deserves them. The fact that she imagines Naruto as she is thinking of Hinata's love is a definite sign of something, as if she is trying to gauge her own feelings towards him. I also wonder if perhaps she couldn't understand why she didn't naturally feel happy knowing about it. I don't think Sakura came up with a definite answer for herself, but to me it shows there something there, but very complicated.

#19 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ May 18 2010, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, looking at the panels, Sakura starts crying as she is remembering Naruto making the promise. This comes after Sai just told her that Naruto really loves her. So she feels upset that Naruto has loved her all this time even while she asked him to bring back Sasuke. I think no matter how you look at it, there is guilt there. It's not like it is news to Sakura that she burdened Naruto; she has struggled with that fact for awhile, but had been unable to fix it yet.

See I thought that too, but I also thought about something else. Both Naruto and Sakura never saw the promise as a burden. It took Sai to point this out. If Sakura already knew that the promise was a burden, then why wait so long to do anything about it? Amazing how it took her this long to just realize it now and only after sometimes else told her. You said "she was unable to fix it yet." So you are basically telling me, she spent 200+ chapters trying to fix this promise which was a burden? I don't see that. She didn't see the promise itself as a burden. She saw Sasuke as the burden.

Both Naruto and Sakura are stupid in this retrospect. They have to have someone else tell them the other route. The other view point. All human are like this. They only see one path when really there are more. Even if they don't agree with the other paths, they still accept that there are others when other people tell them with their experiences.

When Sai tells her that the promise was a burden she is totally surprised. What was she feeling before that? I don't see the "burden" complex until after Sai says it. I am sure there was guilt. Like I said, but it wasn't the guilt that everyone thought it was. If she was all in the know already why was she so surprised by this. If she already knew about all of this, then she wouldn't be as surprised as she was by what Sai said.

Can people be this absent minded? Sometimes yeah, even the smarted of people can have their dumbest moments.

But think about this for a moment. What if guilt is not the only thing she feels. For a moment, I don't think it is really guilt. I have seen girls start crying because a guy tells her and shows her how special she truly is.

She finally realizes why Naruto is doing what he does. She finally realizes why Naruto is always protective of her.

I thought a lot about this and I wouldn't bring this up unless I didn't cover all the bases. I can't really sit here and type everything explaining my theory because it is too long and I don't want to confuse people. So I want to keep things to the point and only bring up moments that are necessary.

I have seen the reactions that many people show during certain times. I have even experienced some of them myself and if the Naruto reflection

Edited by James S Cassidy, 18 May 2010 - 08:57 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#20 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ May 18 2010, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At the same time, whenever I see that panel of Sakura thinking about Hinata loving Naruto, I can't think of any emotion but jealousy there. She looks like someone who is afraid to lose something and yet at the same time doesn't feel she deserves them. The fact that she imagines Naruto as she is thinking of Hinata's love is a definite sign of something, as if she is trying to gauge her own feelings towards him. I also wonder if perhaps she couldn't understand why she didn't naturally feel happy knowing about it. I don't think Sakura came up with a definite answer for herself, but to me it shows there something there, but very complicated.

That's an interesting thought, and casts a little light on her feelings.

If Sakura felt nothing for Naruto, then knowledge of someone else's love - deep love, no less - would make her happy. Not necessarily joyously happy, but she would be pleased for them.

However, if her feelings were not yet brought to the surface, then an admission of love by Hinata for the one person who has always been right beside her would really rock her world. It may be that the thought of him with someone else is what shakes her into action - to confess her own feelings then pursue Sasuke to kill him before he can hurt Naruto.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users