Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Feb 1 2012, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bleach entering final Arc.

Quite a shocker considering it wasn#t that long ago Kubo talked about continuing Bleach for another decase atleast...and now it's the final arc already....though who knows how long this arc will be...two years maybe?

Yeah, it's hard to tell with Kubo how long his story arcs will go on for. A lot of fans refer to to the "Arrancar Arc" as encompassing every event from Shinji's introduction and the Grand Fisher's return to Aizen's defeat, which lasted around 4 1/2 years. But I guess it's debatable if that really was just one arc, or several arcs that blended together.
I hope the arc does go on for at least two years. I feel like there's still quite a few loose ends he's gotta tie up. Hopefully Bleach doesn't end before Naruto does. I feel like the latter has been on a climax arc for a year already. laugh.gif

It's a bit disappointing to hear that the end is in sight though. I wonder if this news has been known by Jump and Kubo for a while now, or if Kubo just decided to start wrapping it up recently. I guess it makes sense that he's taking three weeks off now, he's gotta make sure the next arc serves as a proper conclusion. happy.gif

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#2042 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:42 PM

Info is coming in...

Captain of the Thirteenth Division Juushiro Ukitake
The drastically changed Thirteenth Division
Ukitake was an important figure in the Lost Agent Arc. His Thirteenth Division is the one that has undergone the most changes during these 17 months. His lieutenant is Kuchiki Rukia!
Ukitake is troubled both in heart and body, but Kubo-sensei has said that “he will recover.”
These two were very supportive of Rukia becoming their lieutenant.
Becoming a lieutenant, but still worrying about Kaien’s approval!?

Tite Interview
Q: Is Ukitake’s illness the same as it was before?
Kubo: Yes. (laughs)
Q: No change?
Kubo: That’s right. But although Ukitake and Shunsui haven’t changed much outwardly, they have changed somewhat in their hearts after the battles with Aizen.
Q: No change in hairstyle and such?
Kubo: Shunsui changing wouldn’t be so bad, since he is quite fashionable (laughs). Ukitake doesn’t have any sense of fashion. (laughs)
Q: The Thirteenth Division’s lieutenant is now Rukia. What about the two third seats Kiyone and Sentaro?
Kubo: They’ve been passed over. (laughs) But still, I think the two of them would support Rukia.
Q: How does Rukia feel having taken on Kaien’s old position?
Kubo: I want to carefully draw how Rukia felt upon becoming a lieutenant, but doing so would take up many chapters, so I’ve decided to do it through flashbacks.
Q: Approximately when did she become a lieutenant?
Kubo: I planned to have her be one by the time she next appeared following the Arrancar arc. While training after that arc, she had a period where she hesitated and asked herself “Is it really right of me to take it.” Only after that did she become a lieutenant. (laughs)

10th Division Captain:
Hitsugaya Toshiro

A prodigy and the youngest captain's path
A child prodigy who became the youngest captain in the history. During the 17 months of training [Daiguren Hyorinmaru] has perfected.

He does not care about his height all the time. Except during the small movie chapter 53, kubo sensei says [his height does not change]

Leading the young Hitsugaya to become a shinigami, Rangiku's past will be significant to the plot.

Tite Interview:
Q: Has Hitsugaya’s bankai completed?
A: There is an achievement after the training, it’s completed. So far, Hitsugaya’s bankai will be removed once the flower petals at the back of him disappears.. However....

Q: Is there any other part that has changed?
A: During the mini movie chapter 53, Hitsugaya state that he has grown taller, actually he did not(laugh). Also the chain of his zanpakuto has changed.
11th division captain:
Zaraki Kenpachi

Kenpachi who evolved into a beast and the 11th division
The combat group . 11th division's captain, Kenpachi took off his bell, eye patch and hairstyle has change. Yachiru and Ikkaku's appearances has change either.

Yumichika,whose strength rivals Ikkaku.Sensei has a rough idea for his bankai!?

Ikkaku wears an amour equipment that has the word "dragon" on his right shoulder.

Tite Interview:
Q: Kenpachi still unable to obtain shikai or bankai?
A: Kenpachi zanpakuto is a constant release type, hence it's shikai state. Also, I always wanted to draw the story when Kenpachi became a captain. However,the story will deviate from the main plot if I were to draw it, hence the dilemma...

Q: What will happen to the shinigami who cannot bankai?
A: Do you mean vice captains etc? It doesn't matter if they bankai, but I wonder who should bankai? Yumichika isn't a bad choice. Izuru's bankai feels a bit gross/disgusting (laugh)

Q: Yachiru's shikai hasn't draw either?
A: Come to think of it, I have not even illustrate her battle scene (laugh)
12th division captain:
Kurotsuchi Mayuri

The key to the new arc of the Kurotsuchi Mayuri's research purpose.
The endless research makes Kurotsuchi Mayuri busy.
His past research "study of the body" will be the main part to make up the final arc.

His "face" often changes during the TBTP arc,SS arc and Arrancar arc, it will further improve in the new arc!?

Tite Interview:
Q: Kurotsuchi Mayuri changes will be?
A: Kurotsuchi Mayuri huh (laugh). Will have different looks in the new arc, but what should I do,will improve his hairstyle (laugh)

Q: He did not appear in the [lost shinigami representative arc]?
A: At first I intend to draw in the preview before Weekly Jump 7,but I was unable to make him appear.

Will post more when I see it fully translated. Spoiler pics show a bit of the upcoming villains. Their collar looks a lot like Ishida's...so people believe the next villains will be Quincy. Also, this being the last arc doesn't exactly put a 2 year limit on it. We already know bleach is over halfway. Apparently the last arc has been in the works for 5 years, so I'm sure there is a lot to cover. I expect it to be longer than the arrancar arc.

Source: http://bleachasylum....e-3-week-break/

#2043 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:31 AM

#2044 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Feb 2 2012, 03:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, it's hard to tell with Kubo how long his story arcs will go on for. A lot of fans refer to to the "Arrancar Arc" as encompassing every event from Shinji's introduction and the Grand Fisher's return to Aizen's defeat, which lasted around 4 1/2 years. But I guess it's debatable if that really was just one arc, or several arcs that blended together.
I hope the arc does go on for at least two years. I feel like there's still quite a few loose ends he's gotta tie up. Hopefully Bleach doesn't end before Naruto does. I feel like the latter has been on a climax arc for a year already. laugh.gif

It's a bit disappointing to hear that the end is in sight though. I wonder if this news has been known by Jump and Kubo for a while now, or if Kubo just decided to start wrapping it up recently. I guess it makes sense that he's taking three weeks off now, he's gotta make sure the next arc serves as a proper conclusion. happy.gif

To be honest, there has been word that Shueisha and Jump is panicking about Naruto and Bleach ending at about the same time. And according to their estimates, OP will end not long after those two. Now, Jump is currently in panic mode with the Big 3 ending in a little over 8 years time span.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#2045 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:29 PM

Oh they'll all be ending? Well at least the will not outlast each other smile.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2046 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Feb 1 2012, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Info is coming in...

Will post more when I see it fully translated. Spoiler pics show a bit of the upcoming villains. Their collar looks a lot like Ishida's...so people believe the next villains will be Quincy. Also, this being the last arc doesn't exactly put a 2 year limit on it. We already know bleach is over halfway. Apparently the last arc has been in the works for 5 years, so I'm sure there is a lot to cover. I expect it to be longer than the arrancar arc.

Source: http://bleachasylum....e-3-week-break/

I hope you're right, this last arc was like a blip... almost filler.

QUOTE (Codus N @ Feb 2 2012, 01:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be honest, there has been word that Shueisha and Jump is panicking about Naruto and Bleach ending at about the same time. And according to their estimates, OP will end not long after those two. Now, Jump is currently in panic mode with the Big 3 ending in a little over 8 years time span.

It almost feels like Naruto will end well before Bleach, especially since Bleach just started a new arc and it seems all of Naruto's cards are on the table. But they should be worried. Those three have made bank for them. Hm... how does one get a manga in Shounen Jump?

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#2047 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:50 AM

tbh, I'm happy Bleach is ending. The only reason I keep up with it is because I hate to stop in the middle of something when I've been following it for so long. Seriously, after this whole xcution arc, the story feels totally directionless, and Kubo doesn't even know what to do with a lot of his characters; they just kind of disappear into oblivion or don't do anything important (Nel, Ganju, CHAD).

Anyone know why Bleach is ending now after Kubo said earlier that he wanted to continue this story for another 10 years? Are he and Jump having some sort of fallout or something?

#2048 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:28 AM

^ It's ending exactly how Kubo always said. He said this arc will be longer than the arrancar arc which lasted 5 years. This final arc has been planned for 5 years now.

And Kubo tweeted this:

This is Kubo’s official tweet and translation!

まぁ最終章と言ってもすぐ終わる訳じゃないので、
海外の読者も国内の読者も皆さん悲しまずに、もうしばらく普通に楽しんでもらえればありがたいです。 “It might be the final arc but that doesn’t mean BLEACH will end immediately. That’s why I’d be grateful if both Japanese and foreign fans enjoy BLEACH like usual for a little longer, without feeling sad.”

Edited by Miss Soupy, 10 February 2012 - 04:29 AM.

#2049 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:42 AM

It could be a final part or a saga which consists of multiple arcs.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#2050 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:48 AM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Feb 9 2012, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It could be a final part or a saga which consists of multiple arcs.

Yeah, that's what I kind of assumed. The Arrancar Arc seemed to encompass the Arrancar/Visored Introduction, Hueco Mundo Entry, Hueco Mundo Fight, Karakura Fight, and Final Getsuga Tenshou arcs, so I can see this one doing something similar. Especially if it's the final arc of the series.

Also, since it hasn't been posted yet...

Bleach 480
The arc seems pretty interesting so far. It looks like the villains really are Quincies, unless there's another race capable of exterminating Hollows from existence.

Also, Mayuri's new look is probably his creepiest yet. sad.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 10 February 2012 - 05:00 AM.

#2051 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE (sardns @ Feb 9 2012, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
tbh, I'm happy Bleach is ending. The only reason I keep up with it is because I hate to stop in the middle of something when I've been following it for so long. Seriously, after this whole xcution arc, the story feels totally directionless, and Kubo doesn't even know what to do with a lot of his characters; they just kind of disappear into oblivion or don't do anything important (Nel, Ganju, CHAD).

Anyone know why Bleach is ending now after Kubo said earlier that he wanted to continue this story for another 10 years? Are he and Jump having some sort of fallout or something?

I got stuck in this boat too. So I gotta finish it. Nel is supposedly back in this arc.

I think Bleach is ending because he ran out of ideas. tongue.gif That's probably why it felt directionless. The blip that was the Xcution arc, was simply a re-gaining powers arc that most manga usually only attribute a few chapters to. There also weren't very many strings that could've pointed to bigger pictures. So to me, it felt like he was buying time to come up with more stuff. But when he couldn't he decided to go with the story that's been supposedly brewing for years. Which to me is a good thing because he's put a lot of time into piecing together the farewell piece. Now again, supposedly this is going to be longer than the Arrancar arc, I don't think it'll last another decade, but it'll probably be quite some time before it ends. Which again leads me to believe Naruto will end first, maybe by a year or a half a year.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#2052 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:52 PM

Here's the new chapter if anyone's interested.

Bleach 481

Wow, it felt like there were a lot of different plotlines in this chapter.

I'm glad those two new characters are alright, even though I don't really care too much for them. They just seem like Hanataro and Hiyori clones to me. But oh well, I guess there's so many characters in Bleach, new ones are bound to seem similar to previous characters.

It was cool to see the human nakama looking awesome. We didn't really see Orihime or Chad do anything (just implied awesomeness), but that page of them all standing together looked cool. And I LOL'd at how all of Ichigo's friends decided to have snacktime in his bedroom. I always laugh when Ichigo gets annoyed, since it seems to happen a lot with the group of characters he hangs around with.
On that note, it seems like Orihime's more comfortable going into Ichigo's bedroom now. fu.png

The new villain looks pretty interesting. He looks like an Arrancar, but he's got a Quincy-ish outfit. An Arranquincy perhaps? It also seems like something's going on with the Visoreds who remained in the Human World (at least Love, Hachi, Lisa, and Hiyori; I wonder if Mashiro stayed with those four or went with Kensei?) and the Division 11 members. More Arranquincies perhaps? I'm definitely interested in this new arc so far. happy.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 15 February 2012 - 09:56 PM.

#2053 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

Is it me or is the female Shinigami very similar to Rukia? Maybe its me but i'm sure all the new female charactors introduced since the timeskip with the possible exception of the dirty boots charactor has been a dere type.

iAnby7W.gif

#2054 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:11 PM

Sure why not? and I'm assuming that guy that appeared at the end of the chapter is one of "them."

Edited by Phantom_999, 15 February 2012 - 10:13 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2055 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Feb 15 2012, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it me or is the female Shinigami very similar to Rukia? Maybe its me but i'm sure all the new female charactors introduced since the timeskip with the possible exception of the dirty boots charactor has been a dere type.

I agree. I was confused for a while there. Kind of just skimming this one and the last one... But yes... Where is Rukia!?!?

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#2056 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:38 AM

MY NAME IS IVAN..........dafuq? Wonder what were facing up now.

#2057 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:08 PM

Looks like the soul societies past is catching up to it in the latest chapter.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#2058 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:53 AM

Chapter 482

Wow, Kubo really didn't waste any time getting this arc started. happy.gif

I'm curious why Ivan has part of a Hollow mask if he isn't an Arrancar. Maybe it's a device that makes Quincies stronger? I hope so, Ishida could use a power-up.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing whatever these guys are planning, but I'm more excited to see some new allies show up from Hueco Mundo. fu.png

Edited by Boom...Winning, 23 February 2012 - 01:56 AM.

#2059 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

Awesome chapter! Maybe Ivan is a Quincy-hollow hybrid! Or...something...

#2060 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:49 PM

Woah important news, Bleach fans. Firstly, Warner Bros. is considering making a live-action adaptation of bleach. Secondly, The Bleach anime is going to end March 27th.

For the movie, I have serious doubts this will ever see the light of day. Anyone remember the whole live-action American version of Death Note? And for the anime... it's like InuYasha all over again. Maybe someday they'll do a final act-like thing for Bleach.

Edited by sardns, 23 February 2012 - 08:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users