#1 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:16 PM

Visit My Website - if you dare

Once again this episode leaves us wondering, "When are the crappy fillers going to end!?" and it was full of holes like how did Naruto and Guren end up a mile away from the lake? Just how many times is that Yuuki-kid going to use his useless power? When are Tobi and Deidara going to finally come snatch the bijou away from both groups?

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#2 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:29 PM

Oh Lord, this is some of the worst writing ever. Seriously, this makes Squirrelking's fics look like freakin' masterpieces.

The Cursed Seal makes you stronger, yeah, but not THAT much stronger. You don't go from getting your ass handed to you by Chuunin to being stronger than Hokage level Jounin. Yamato and Kakashi should be kicking their asses all over the place, but it seems being Mentally Handicapped is a requirement in Naruto Filler Land.

Also, how dumb are these filler characters?! Yuukimaru is a moron, and Those Three Idiots just WON'T. STOP. WHINING!

I miss Canon, plotholes and Sasuke-sue included.

#3 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:27 AM

The NarutoxGuren fandom continues to grow...

probably.

#4 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:40 AM

I read somewhere that the fillers end on ep 112. dry.gif Three more episodes of crap to suffer through, and then FINALLY cannon. I swear if they stick in a filler during the already boring Sasuke arc, I'm going to punch someone.

On a side note, has anyone else noticed that Yukimaru's eyes have changed color? Didn't they use to be a bright violet-ish color? In this episode, they were brown. huh.gif
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#5 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:55 AM

This is getting worse every episode. Curse Mark doesn't even provide that much power, and hardly does that in 2nd stage. Also, shouldn't the curse mark be activated for the power to be used? And the NaruGuren shipping continues to grow, as well and Konoha's useless attempts to seal the Sanbi. These fillers are gonna be the death of Naruto i swear....

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#6 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:00 AM

It's good to know 112 is where the fillars end, I was kinda guessing it would be about then based on where the story is at right now. It should get really good once it goes back to cannon and there probably wont be more filler for a long time after that.

#7 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ May 14 2009, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's good to know 112 is where the fillars end, I was kinda guessing it would be about then based on where the story is at right now. It should get really good once it goes back to cannon and there probably wont be more filler for a long time after that.

There is atleast 100 episodes of material for the anime so there shouldn't be any more filler arcs. I do expect maybe 1 or 2 filler episodes but nothing more than that. However, if there is ONE more filler arc, im seriously gonna stop watching the anime. This is getting rediculous and whoever is makeing these crap ideas for filler episodes needs a one-way ticket to the nearest asylum because he must seriously be crazy to think this is good writing. sleep.gif

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#8 Grizzly1

Grizzly1

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:04 AM

I'm glad you guys put these reviews up. lets me know if the show is worth watching this week...

112 you say? I sure hope so, I used to look forward to watching naruto on fridays

#9 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 15 May 2009 - 05:15 AM

Thoughts (Warning: Anger) --Click here to view--
Out of a slightly morbid sense of curiosity I watched this week's episode after missing the last 4 or 5 and I must say....Shizune is a ****ing idiot! Didn't she learn from the last time that trying to seal the Sanbi won't work and basically paints a bullseye for the enemy on all of them?! God this Episode sucks so hard! Back to boycotting I go.

Edited by UzumakiEdward85, 15 May 2009 - 05:27 AM.

uc.png

#10 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ May 15 2009, 01:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thoughts (Warning: Anger) --Click here to view--
Out of a slightly morbid sense of curiosity I watched this week's episode after missing the last 4 or 5 and I must say....Shizune is a ****ing idiot! Didn't she learn from the last time that trying to seal the Sanbi won't work and basically paints a bullseye for the enemy on all of them?! God this Episode sucks so hard! Back to boycotting I go.

You should probably watch next weeks episode because even though it's a crap idea with nothing making sence, like the abnormally powerful cursemarks to the fact that they are useing Yukkimaru's power AGAIN, the next episode is the final fight and it should have some pretty good action in it dispite the fact that the Sanbi sealing STILL won't work.

However, boycott if you must. I don't blame you. This filler arc is worse than the "Fillers of Doom" back in part 1.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#11 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 16 May 2009 - 02:47 AM

QUOTE (zman170 @ May 15 2009, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This filler arc is worse than the "Fillers of Doom" back in part 1.

I wouldn't go THAT far. tongue.gif

uc.png

#12 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ May 15 2009, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldn't go THAT far. tongue.gif

I would. Atleast the fillers back then were mildly enjoyable and sticked to the facts like a good series rather than going around and contradicting alot of things like this filler arc is now. I watched like half of them not even realizing that they were filler untill i decided to finally read the manga. Yet these guys went and screwed it up to the point were it's annoying to sit down and watch the epsidoes.

The curse mark situation is so messed up right now. The writer completely ignored that fact that they already had curse marks, yet some how choose to give it to them again. Also, the marks, as seen in these episode, quadrupled in power and don't even need to be activated for the power to work.

It's sad to see they can't even follow their own plot line correctly.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#13 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE (zman170 @ May 15 2009, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would. Atleast the fillers back then were mildly enjoyable and sticked to the facts like a good series rather than going around and contradicting alot of things like this filler arc is now. I watched like half of them not even realizing that they were filler untill i decided to finally read the manga. Yet these guys went and screwed it up to the point were it's annoying to sit down and watch the epsidoes. .

Actually the part 1 filler arcs screwed around far worse. Plus every single filler character was as cliched and obnxious as the three fodder villains are in this arc. I've actually come to like Gurren and don't mind Yukimaru, Rinji is a tolerable male villain character, especially when he and Kabuto are fighting over who's going to be Orochimaru's best bud. Naruto's reactions to both Gurren and Yukimaru's have been very in character (as has been Sakura's to Yukimaru)- far better than what part 1 fillers did or any of the movies, except for the third one- the most in character, thus tolerable of the movies, even Bonds (the second Shippuden movie) way overplays the MarySue filler girl. If they must have filler characters in the next movie I hope they have a preteen boy and/or a twenty-something female. Seems to be the only types they can put in a filler and not turn them into a Mary-Sue or Gary-Stu.

What I like about this filler arc is it has been a bit of a showcase for how in sync Sakura and Naruto are. Something Kishimoto likes to show in both part 1 and part 2 of his manga. I've also liked how they've showcased Sakura's and Ino's friendship. and they've even made Hinata's reactions pretty much in line with canon- she's been the least interested in Yukimaru's welfare of anyone of the Konoha people, and while she thinks about Naruto a lot, she the least confidence in him succeeding of the girls. That's completely in line with how Kishimoto has written her in part 2 of the manga. Good to know the animators have finally figured out Hinata has some weak points in her personality too.

I liked the scene with Sakura and Yukimaru and the scene with Sai and Yukimaru the best out of all the scenes in this episode- good showcase of both Sakura's and Sai's personalities, especially how Sai has changed since he made the decsion to feel emotions and develop bonds.

Edited by ciardha, 17 May 2009 - 12:46 AM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#14 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:06 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ May 16 2009, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What I like about this filler arc is it has been a bit of a showcase for how in sync Sakura and Naruto are.

I agree with you there, but the 2 or 3 NaruSaku moments don't equal enough to overcome the annoying and poorly writen quality of this arc. The whole curse mark scene is a mess, as a said, the filler characters a far more annoying, and Yuukimaru's power was overrated the first time he used it. Sure, Guren is an okay character but the way the arc is going, it's starting to seem more GurenxNaruto shipping then Gurens motherly bond with Yuukimaru. It's pure blasphemy and i'll be happy when this crap of a filler arc is over.

Edited by zman170, 17 May 2009 - 04:07 AM.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#15 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:14 AM

I agree. at least the fillers are within the bounds of continuity and stay within the arcs.

unlike another shonen series I can mention that has whole arcs materialize out of nowhrere
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#16 Nawheetos

Nawheetos

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 07:10 PM

I gave up on this filler arc the moment Naruto ran off and abandoned his friends. Just sat staring at the screen for a while going 'who is this impersonator?' Can't believe I sat through that ridiculous frog sing-a-long...

And why is it suddenly Konoha knows how to (at least try to) seal a bijuu... without anyone dying or anything?

Fillers make me angry.

#17 Grizzly1

Grizzly1

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:14 PM

I would watch the fillers of doom twice over if this arc never happened. EVERY episode has overused flashbacks and overdone character misery...they are trying to FORCE you to feel bad for their character(Gurren), even though she is supposed to be a cold hearted beotch in league with orochimaru.

And probably the worst plot element/nindo add on is "home is were people think about YOU", really? It seems so made up and to me it doesn't really make any sense, what's worse is that it is driving a lot of what naruto is doing because the writers could BS another way for anybody to care about yuukimaru. Anybody get me?

#18 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (Grizzly1 @ May 18 2009, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would watch the fillers of doom twice over if this arc never happened. EVERY episode has overused flashbacks and overdone character misery...they are trying to FORCE you to feel bad for their character(Gurren), even though she is supposed to be a cold hearted beotch in league with orochimaru.

And probably the worst plot element/nindo add on is "home is were people think about YOU", really? It seems so made up and to me it doesn't really make any sense, what's worse is that it is driving a lot of what naruto is doing because the writers could BS another way for anybody to care about yuukimaru. Anybody get me?

Oh yeah, I think I can speak for everyone when I say "I know exactly what you mean.."

#19 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (Grizzly1 @ May 18 2009, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would watch the fillers of doom twice over if this arc never happened. EVERY episode has overused flashbacks and overdone character misery...they are trying to FORCE you to feel bad for their character(Gurren), even though she is supposed to be a cold hearted beotch in league with Orochimaru.

Yeah I know what you mean I hate these fillers were they make the good guy look bad and all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users