• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:38 PM

I've seen better artwork in Dr. Katz rough sketches.

katz_ben_car.jpg

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#42 Wyle23

Wyle23

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Writing and reading fanfiction.

Posted 05 September 2018 - 11:24 PM

"Angst" was the first word to come to mind. lmfao.

EDIT: lol, just out of pure comical curiosity, have they given any details on how Genjutsu training works yet?

Edited by Wyle23, 06 September 2018 - 09:54 PM.

#43 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 10:52 PM

"Angst" was the first word to come to mind. lmfao.

EDIT: lol, just out of pure comical curiosity, have they given any details on how Genjutsu training works yet?

The art comes off as angsty to you?

Never. Genjutsu is clearly the power that Kishimoto was never able to use properly so he eventually just dropped it, explained how to dis-spell it to get rid of the threat, and focused on fights. Other then the Uchiha kitten powers, genjutsu was pretty much dropped by the start of part two. That happening is probably one of the factors in the declining quality of the fight over time.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 08 September 2018 - 11:40 PM.

#44 Wyle23

Wyle23

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 11:53 PM

His expression and the "older than he is" look of his facial detail. Dunno. Just hasn't any light, so to speak. It's also kinda fugly.

That's pretty funny, considering it's one of the three basic types of techniques. Right in the beginning and already (foreshadowing) issues.

Edited by Wyle23, 09 September 2018 - 12:30 AM.

#45 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 03:21 AM

His expression and the "older than he is" look of his facial detail. Dunno. Just hasn't any light, so to speak. It's also kinda fugly.

That's pretty funny, considering it's one of the three basic types of techniques. Right in the beginning and already (foreshadowing) issues.

So, it is trying to be serious but falls flat, and ruins the cover.

Just another idea Kishimoto had that he drops for a instead a deeply generic story. Honestly if he actually followed through with even half the ideas he popped out then dropped Naruto could have easily surpassed One Piece, and Dragonball.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 09 September 2018 - 04:42 AM.

#46 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 03:30 AM

So, it is trying to be serious but falls flat, and ruins the cover.

Just another idea Kishimoto had that he drops for a instead a deeply generic story. Honestly if he actually followed through with even half the dieas he popped out then dropped Naruto could have easily surpassed One Piece, and Dragonball.

There was a reply to a comment asking why that Boruto game wasn't selling that said that not every shonen can be as popular as DBZ. That's true. But Naruto could have been. If SP wasn't so retarded it could have been. There was no reason why it shouldn't have been.

#47 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 08:07 PM

There was a reply to a comment asking why that Boruto game wasn't selling that said that not every shonen can be as popular as DBZ. That's true.

But Naruto could have been. If SP wasn't so retarded it could have been. There was no reason why it shouldn't have been.

Naruto was once even more popular/mainstream than Dragonball. The reason Xenoverse, and dragonball fighterz sells better is because they are better games then shinobi strikers. They have better game play, story, advertisements, the people making had passion in the project, and Dragonball anime was/is in a revival. Before xenoverse it had honestly been probably a decade since the last good dragonball game, and it is likely that Naruto games were always out selling them. NB:SS is a copy-cat cash-in game that is trying to copy the success of Xenoverse, that game-play is ripped from the ninja storm games, is solely multiplayer, there was clearly no passion behind this project, and the Naruto franchise is crumbling more every year.

The thing is just look at some of the stuff he was spouting eariler on, and compare it to shounen at the time it was also revolutionary, now a day pretty common. For the most part.

Here is just three examples:

The main cast should be fighting as a team to bring down their opponent; instead of having one on one honor duels.

The heroine should get stronger, and fight alongside the main character; instead of being a willowing waif who watches from the side worried about main character

The main character goal is to obtain a political position to help fix the problems of the world; instead of just punching everything, and hope that fixes everything.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 10 September 2018 - 05:47 AM.

#48 Azor Ahai

Azor Ahai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 02:16 PM

How...How is this new kid so strong...

How many push ups did he do?

How many sit ups?

What kind of Juice did he drink?!!!

tumblr_p7wkb2FRTk1r3exqoo1_500.gif

#49 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:44 PM

How...How is this new kid so strong...

How many push ups did he do?

How many sit ups?

What kind of Juice did he drink?!!!

Oh that was explain this chapter: "OK it opens up with kids in... IV Bags? That's Kara's experiment pods? This is a flashback where the boss of Kara put Nail into one of these bags to turn him into a Human weapon. The reason the guy is doing this is to make Nail his son, talks about filling him so he won't be empty anymore, and that probably where Kara got its name."

He was put into a incubator bag, and his body was turned into a biological weapon. Doesn't anyone bother to read the summaries?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 10 September 2018 - 03:56 PM.

#50 Wyle23

Wyle23

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:32 PM

Don't tell me: This is everyone's chance to create their OP OC they've always had in mind. Right?

Edited by Wyle23, 10 September 2018 - 04:34 PM.

#51 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 10:03 AM

So Naruto adopts this Kawakii kid...

Yeah, given what we know about what's GOING to happen, there is no way they can spin this without making Naruto look like a complete idiot (which I think SP has unwittingly confirmed several times). Chances are we're either going to be given multiple signs something is not right with this kid, which Naruto will of course ignore, or they're going to make it impossible for Kawakii to go bad plot wise yet do it anyway so it can't make Naruto look bad, but the writing will still take a nose-dive in the process.

I remember when King of Lightning brought up how the entire premise of the opening pages of this series was a no-win situation. If Kawakii really did manage to kill one of the most powerful shinobi in this universe, kitten you. If he didn't and they lied to us, kitten you.

Same thing here. If Naruto is going to ignore obvious signs something is off about Kawakii, kitten you. If you give no signs and make him a villain out of nowhere, kitten you too.

Yeah, something about Hinata looks WAY off. Can't put my finger on it, but she does look very rough. It's also interesting after SP sexed her up for the last and final season of Shippuden, now they're trying to make her more plain. Doesn't make sense to me, and it's doing the eyes no favors (how people are attracted to those eyes escape me).

#52 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 03:33 PM

So Naruto adopts this Kawakii kid...

Yeah, given what we know about what's GOING to happen, there is no way they can spin this without making Naruto look like a complete idiot (which I think SP has unwittingly confirmed several times). Chances are we're either going to be given multiple signs something is not right with this kid, which Naruto will of course ignore, or they're going to make it impossible for Kawakii to go bad plot wise yet do it anyway so it can't make Naruto look bad, but the writing will still take a nose-dive in the process.

I remember when King of Lightning brought up how the entire premise of the opening pages of this series was a no-win situation. If Kawakii really did manage to kill one of the most powerful shinobi in this universe, kitten you. If he didn't and they lied to us, kitten you.

Same thing here. If Naruto is going to ignore obvious signs something is off about Kawakii, kitten you. If you give no signs and make him a villain out of nowhere, kitten you too.

Yeah, something about Hinata looks WAY off. Can't put my finger on it, but she does look very rough. It's also interesting after SP sexed her up for the last and final season of Shippuden, now they're trying to make her more plain. Doesn't make sense to me, and it's doing the eyes no favors (how people are attracted to those eyes escape me).

Because, we already know to some degree what will happen: Nail is fighting bolt over the destroyed village talking about the end of the ninja way of life, Naruto will have likely died at some point, and Bolt's right eye will be Kakashi'd. They have already limited themselves in what they can actually write. Unless they completely subvert what they were implying in the very first chapter.

Naruto's taking in of Kawaki is considered by everyone at the very least a concern, he seems to be assured in himself, and seems to like the fact he sees himself & and Sasuke in Bolt & Nail. Now, it could be Naruto uses his past experiences to help Nail, but we know how successful that will be before it even starts due to the flash forward in chapter one.

Naruto is incompetent because SP didn't care how Naruto was as hokage as long as he got together with Hinata. Now they have to deal with a moron leading the village that has done nothing with the mental as well as emotional intelligence of something less then a rock married to their goddess because of the stunts they pulled.

Ikemoto hasn't been required to draw her for over a year now, and when he last drew her he couldn't draw any of the cast with any competence. Also again she has a face that only works for anime, and when you try putting that in an art style that suppose to be more realistic sketches that going to look off.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 11 September 2018 - 09:53 PM.

#53 Toy Ninja

Toy Ninja

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Mothra, Uzumaki, UFO:1999, Free!Iwatobi Swim Club.

Posted 13 September 2018 - 06:55 AM

Naruto will have likely died at some point

Really? I kind of suspected that they won't follow through on this. I thought it could end up being a huge fake-out to fabricate drama/ interest.

#54 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 07:28 AM

Really? I kind of suspected that they won't follow through on this. I thought it could end up being a huge fake-out to fabricate drama/ interest.

They do not outright state Naruto is dead but Nail implies something negative has happened to him...other then what we already know what has happened to him. Because this manga story is so generic it best to assume it will happen, and if it doesn't admit you were wrong. It could be a fake out that's true. However, until they reach that point in the story we don't know but the stuff we do know still railroads this manga as well as what they can write. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 13 September 2018 - 08:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users