5 replies to this topic

#1 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:18 AM

Okay, so I'm completely new to Photoshop period so I apologize if I'm asking obvious questions...

For some reason, my brushes seem to be locked... At least, that's how it appears to be since there are little padlocks next to them and they are blurred out.

Here's what I'm talking about --Click here to view--

So how do I unlock them? Is there some real simple solution I'm overlooking? Again, excuse me if the answer is really obvious... To be honest, it's the first time I've ever had or used Photoshop.

Thanks. sweatdrop.gif

#2 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:06 AM

I use CS3 and CS4 seems to have a slightly different interface, so I'm just shooting in the dark here. The only thing that sticks out to me is that you've selected the Move Tool. Brushes aren't involved with that tool so no options will come up for it. Try selecting the Brush Tool - I think it's the one under the icon with the bandaid. If that's not it, press B on your keyboard. =D

#3 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 06 March 2010 - 06:58 AM

I'd really like to help, but since I've never used anything higher than CS2, I'm going to go with what PB has so far. The interface is so different that I can't even tell what it is just at a glance. But I do notice that you have the move tool selected. Try selecting the brush tool and then going into the settings because there should be no way that the brushes are locked on you.

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#4 Froot

Froot

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:34 PM

Thanks to both of you! Your advice helped, and now my brushes are unlocked. Looking back, it was probably very obvious, so... Sorry. sweatdrop.gif

#5 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:12 AM

Hey froot,

check out the resources on deviant for great brushes and tutorials. It will really help you out.

And drop a line if you have any questions or problems you need help with - I'm in cs4 on a daily basis! smile.gif

#6 Froot

Froot

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:02 AM

Oh, hey! wow.png Thanks, Tricksie. happy.gif That's really helpful. I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions... sweatdrop.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users