• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:37 PM

I'm in the process of switching from Win7 as my main OS and over to Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat, and I've mounted my main media drive as a permanently available drive in Ubuntu, and I'm pulling some images from another drive to use with Compiz. What I want to know is if there's some way for me to hide the mounted disk drives from my desktop without at the same time making them invisible on the panel. I know there's a quick fix for this in Ubuntu, but if I enable that "fix", my SD cards and other drives won't show when I mount them. I just want to hide the disks I'll keep mounted so my desktop is as clean as possible.

If it's hard to understand what I'm talking about, just tell me and I'll try to explain better. I'm pretty new to Linux, so I'm far from an expert using the terminal myself. At the moment I'm limited to small changes, navigating disks and IRC through the terminal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users