#1 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 08 August 2010 - 03:16 AM

I have a USB Logitech Mouse for my laptop. Lately its been freezing for a few seconds and I have to shake it or unplug/replug it again to make it work again. Doesn't happen that often, but enough so it's noticeably annoying.

Nothing seems wrong with my computer since the stylus pad still works, but it gets annoying when I can't click/scroll with my mouse randomly.

Couple notes:
  • When I put on my headphones I can hear the little sound whenever you put something into the USB slot going on and off for a quick second randomly on occasion.
  • When my mouse freezes and I check the laser underneath it flashes as if its dying for a few seconds, turns off completely, then activates again.
Do I need a new mouse or can I fix this problem like installing some software for it?

Thanks in advance.

#2 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 08 August 2010 - 03:25 AM

Is it a wireless? if yes, have you check the battery?

Edited by BlackLightning, 08 August 2010 - 03:27 AM.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#3 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:11 PM

I had this problem before with an old cordless mouse, back when they were fairly new. I only remember giving up and getting a corded again.

Always make sure you have the latest drivers, if you haven't already done so.

Look under your system properties, under mouse... make sure there aren't any IRQ conflicts. If there are, you'll probably have to google to see if there is a workaround or contact logitech.

Try a different mouse if you have one handy. If you no longer have the problem, then one of the wires in the cord for the mouse might be broken/going bad. Or try that mouse in another computer.

If the problem persists, try plugging another USB device or something into the USB port, to make sure that the port itself isn't bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users