• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#41 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 09 November 2014 - 02:18 AM

Nope. The ending of the series was too atrocious, not just pairing wise, for me to ever associate myself with anything this series has to offer.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#42 Kyaerai

Kyaerai

My faith in humanity.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 03:09 AM

Heck yes! Because BoltxSarada :love:
WqQwzgf.gif

#43 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 04:09 AM

Nope nope nope

#44 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 09 November 2014 - 11:17 AM

Not a chance I am done with anything to do with Kishimoto however tenuous

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#45 nikki1314

nikki1314

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:NARUSAKU , FANFICS , NARUSAK.. oh ive said that.. MUSIC , Photography and NARUSAKU!

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:53 PM

This is exactly how I feel. I really did enjoy Naruto for almost 12years, but as time went on, I was disappointed here and there, especially when bones where thrown as NH. However since those interactions were so rare I looked it over and for the most part I enjoyed Naruto, but that ending. Now that my initial shock has passed I'm left with a hole in my heart. Pairings aside the OOC behavior that so many characters showed in chapters 699- 700 was gut wrenching. I see Naruto's kids and I feel, nothing, this is why I won't read the spin off, I'm not interested in their story. I don't want to see Kishi try and pull NS through Bolt and Salada, no. I won't put myself in a situation to be hurt by Kishi all over again.

It just doesnt make sense at all. I tend to lose interest very fast to things i cant comprehend and understand. It felt like a badly written FF ending. I'm starting to move on to other animes and mangas that i can relate and understand, although will forever have NS as the best otp that never was :)

Edited by nikki1314, 09 November 2014 - 12:53 PM.

-Naruto ending gets released- 

Kishi: Honey, I’m home! 

His wife:

tumblr_inline_nw89a6rhAY1smwzjq_500.gif

#46 Hokage Sennin

Hokage Sennin

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:59 PM

I honestly don't know. I'll wait and see. One thing's sure. I'll do my best not to get too attached to pairings this time. (Tempted to ship Bolt x Salad)

#47 nikki1314

nikki1314

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:NARUSAKU , FANFICS , NARUSAK.. oh ive said that.. MUSIC , Photography and NARUSAKU!

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:12 PM

Can't Freakin eat salads now without seeing SS D:

I was trying to lose weight too. Thanks Kishi..

whatever happened to Shinachiku or something lol

Edited by nikki1314, 09 November 2014 - 01:13 PM.

-Naruto ending gets released- 

Kishi: Honey, I’m home! 

His wife:

tumblr_inline_nw89a6rhAY1smwzjq_500.gif

#48 Niky

Niky

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:34 PM

NO!

“A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author.”

G. K. Chesterton

tumblr_o3tosabkSm1untbo7o4_r2_250.gif

Their first encounter...

#49 Zatheko

Zatheko

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Writing, MMO's, Games

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:39 PM

Heck yes! Because BoltxSarada :love:

Watch them add some random character to the equation who for some reason has undying love for one of them.

#50 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 04:54 PM

I absolutely refuse to see The Last.

As for the new project; I can imagine myself glancing at it when it comes out, but I most likely won't touch it at all. For starters, I don't want to acknowledge that abomination of an ending by supporting the spin off. Second, a lot of what drove me to stick with Naruto despite waning interest at questionable writing was my desire to see NS and to see the great themes of the manga resolved in a triumphant ending. I didn't get any of that. I have no long-term attachment to this new story to propel me through the bad stretches like I did with Naruto. So I doubt I follow it.

#51 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 05:38 PM

No.

I rarely care about next generation stuff. My attachment was with the characters of the original series. That they have kids is not sufficient for me to care about the kids. That attachment has to be remade for me. Given the way much of Part 2 occurred, I don't have the interest in reading the material long enough for that to happen.

For me it might as well be a new series and I probably will not read anything of his unless someone I trust recommends it.

As I said in another thread, I felt the ending vindicated my years of criticism. I stuck to it because I wanted to know how it ended and I still cared about some of the characters though 693 severed that for Sakura and "Obito is a cool guy" did it for Naruto. Unless someone here I trust vouches for it, I don't have an interest it doing that to myself a second time.

To the extent I care about Naruto in any form it will be via fanart and fanfiction.

#52 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 05:41 PM

Nooooooooooooooooooooo, thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!! :D

#53 Awes9

Awes9

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 06:14 PM

All I ever wanted from Naruto these last years was for it to end as fast as possible because it was painful to read (it was going downhill every chapter) but I still was addicted and needed to know how it would end . Now that it's over and I feel free from this horsekitten I don't have any intention to read more garbage relating to Naruto I already lost enough time. I prefer to read other books where character development, logic, common sense exist and where I can relate to the characters.

Edited by Awes9, 09 November 2014 - 06:17 PM.

#54 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 09 November 2014 - 11:22 PM

I don't think I will be reading any spin-offs of Naruto.

I love the world and characters that Kishimoto created all those years ago, but his writing did definitely suffer as time went on and the story grew larger in scope.  Even if it was a different mangaka in charge of the new series, I don't think I could devote more years of my life to following a spin-off.  It was the original characters I loved, and to see the series end the way it did was heart-wrenching.

If they did actually appeal for disappointed NaruSaku fans to follow the new series, why would I do that?  Nobody can be a substitute for Naruto and Sakura, and why should I risk spending another 10 years following a pairing, only to see them marry different people at the last chapter?

So, I'd prefer to try out other series that are smaller in scope, and have clear goals.

#55 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 11:41 PM

I can't say one way or another, I'll probably read them, but it would be with as much interest as the occasional Fillers the anime has to promote something, like the Sakura special before the RtN movie release or the latest one to promote the last Naruto game.

I'll read it with detached feelings, like how I read Bleach every week, even though I don't really care too much for the content infront of me, I just read it because I've been reading it for over seven years.

Unless it's actually a weekly series then I won't bother, as far as I can tell it's going to be longer chapters likely to be released in the monthly Jump. But I could be wrong, was completely wrong about the manga afterall.

iAnby7W.gif

#56 archangel

archangel

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 11:44 PM

OH HELL NO. I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE 1st two up there who say yes, but it's more than just the pairing for me. Everything was rushed, incoherent and some things were too much random.

But they will do Narusaku through the kid it seem some might say. One, nothing seems to indicate that will be the case and in the end, they can always kitten it up like this. Two it won't remplace the original story ( I mean Naruto in general but that can apply to the NS pairing too. I mean look at Legend of Korra vs the last airbender. ) Korra is a ok to good show but the last airbender was one of my all time favorite. Naruto begin to suck by the end so this spin off, I smell something like DB GT. Three seem like a way to make more cash and it is responsible for the existence of the kids in the end, therefore is responsible for that ending we've got. When you don't know kitten about romance or just wanted to have people pairing up random, than don't hint, develop or show that they're is any trace of chemistry or love affection between character. 

Anyone who doesn't like the ending of Naruto, shouldn't waste it's time with the Spin off, not just in the pairing department. Fat anko, really why? that should give you a hint that something is wrong. Women housewives? Dream like Tenten to be a kunoichi as renowed as Tsunade, Sakura being the successor of Tsunade? SO HELL NO.

#57 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 11:48 PM

The passion will be complete absent but I don't know if I would read it. Just know what I just said will happen.

#58 megi

megi

Resident Gardener

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 11:56 PM

I will not read it and I have a few reasons why:

The new story will be about the next generation. I only have attachments to characters in the original Naruto manga. I don't feel like I'm ready  for a next gen when I feel like the current gen remains unresolved. I think the only main character storyline that got fully (and poorly) resolved was Sasuke's in the end. Chapter 700 made me feel distant to all the characters I've followed the last 10 or so years.

My only understanding of making the next gen manga is to make money off the name of the Naruto franchise. They won't leave the manga alone as it is. The more "extra" fluff they add to the series, the lower it sinks into the mud imho.

I've already tried to rationalize the poor ending in fanon. I don't see Naruto being happy with his family or his position.  I don't see Sasuke and Sakura in any sort of loving relationship that would be healthy to them or their daughter (if Salad is an SS child). Everyone sans Lee, Gaara, and KakaGai are only shadows of their former selves. I guess because I'm unhappy, in my fanon they are all unhappy haha. That's just me though. I still can't accept the ending. How could I move on to read about the next gen? Whoever is writing/drawing the manga would definitely rip away their characterizations. 

tumblr_n17tev6vc61t0ss41o1_500.jpg

"You've got the need. You've got the dream" 絆ってなんだ?

GNS for life

#59 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 12:38 AM

Why the hell should I care about my NOTPs' kids? 

Any interaction between Naruto and Sakura will feel empty, being "only friendship" while erasing any sort of love Naruto had for Sakura.  kitten that kitten. 

#60 NS4Life

NS4Life

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:04 AM

This is exactly how I feel. I really did enjoy Naruto for almost 12years, but as time went on, I was disappointed here and there, especially when bones where thrown as NH. However since those interactions were so rare I looked it over and for the most part I enjoyed Naruto, but that ending. Now that my initial shock has passed I'm left with a hole in my heart. Pairings aside the OOC behavior that so many characters showed in chapters 699- 700 was gut wrenching. I see Naruto's kids and I feel, nothing, this is why I won't read the spin off, I'm not interested in their story. I don't want to see Kishi try and pull NS through Bolt and Salada, no. I won't put myself in a situation to be hurt by Kishi all over again.

You're so right. I believe they will try to do bolt and salad. So now everyone will be one big family. Sigh....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users