• Please log in to reply
2627 replies to this topic

#2481 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 06 April 2019 - 06:29 PM

I feel like digimon franchise is a lost cause at this point the original japanese hipster director left because he dosen't like the direction the franchise is heading towards. Not only that he rather kitten and moan about the failure of his sorato pairing in his twitter account because people keep asking why taiora never became a thing. He comes off as too prideful and petty from what i saw from him he rather point the blame to the audience and the writers but not himself. What a kittening pretentious jerk.  :down:  :down:

So, did he leave after Tri or has he been gone?

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#2482 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 11:53 PM

Sorry, i haven't checked up on this thread for awhile. So how bad was the end of Tri? Oh they need another movie to explain all the kitten ups of those films? Great.

To try to put it as simply as possible...

Pros:

- Omegamon Merciful Mode one-shotting Ordinemon (killing Meicoomon, but Gatomon got free earlier and became Magnadramon)

Cons:

- Meiko served no purpose. Doesn't even stick around.

- Meicoomon was just a macguffin with no real answers.

- 02 cast was just...captured and held in capsules the whole time. No explanation.

- Maki falls into the Dark Ocean and...that's it. Never goes back to her. Just learning that she's obsessed with reviving her old Digimon partner who was sacrificed by the others fighting the Dark Masters.

- Daigo dies helping rescue the 02 cast.

- Yggdrasil is just effortlessly emergency shut down by Homeostasis off-screen.

- Alphamon disappears and doesn't show up again.

- Jesmon disappears, but then shows up as a convenient deus ex machina to block off Ordinemon from going to the Digital World, then disappears again.

- Nothing explained about Dark Gennai and his goals. Just contemplating which antagonist to revive next.

2e5.gif

#2483 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 12:17 AM

Not sure, but I figure either after .tri or before it in the time leading up to it.

To try to put it as simply as possible...

Pros:

- Omegamon Merciful Mode one-shotting Ordinemon (killing Meicoomon, but Gatomon got free earlier and became Magnadramon)

Cons:

- Meiko served no purpose. Doesn't even stick around.

- Meicoomon was just a macguffin with no real answers.

- 02 cast was just...captured and held in capsules the whole time. No explanation.

- Maki falls into the Dark Ocean and...that's it. Never goes back to her. Just learning that she's obsessed with reviving her old Digimon partner who was sacrificed by the others fighting the Dark Masters.

- Daigo dies helping rescue the 02 cast.

- Yggdrasil is just effortlessly emergency shut down by Homeostasis off-screen.

- Alphamon disappears and doesn't show up again.

- Jesmon disappears, but then shows up as a convenient deus ex machina to block off Ordinemon from going to the Digital World, then disappears again.

- Nothing explained about Dark Gennai and his goals. Just contemplating which antagonist to revive next.

Pretty much nailed it, amigo. It's why I feel .tri had potential as you said, but then it just gets lost in what it is trying to do. Honestly, I just wish a reboot to Digimon Adventure was done, from the start, since you'd be surprised how sometimes reboots can work really well for stuff, even if it doesn't always work out. But it's as if Adventure is overdue for it since let's face it, it pretty much showed us what is meant to happen, but won't fix any of that for this next movie and didn't try to fix the mistakes in .tri either. So why bother?

#2484 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 12:19 AM

When will he give up and admit his reasons for Sorato is just as shallow as he thinks Taiora is and that the way he went about doesn't even make sense?

Probably never XP Just like Hell has to freeze over for Studio Pierrot realized their pushing NaruHina was super hollow and didn't make sense in the long run.

Edited by Bryon_Konoha_Ninja, 07 April 2019 - 12:19 AM.

#2485 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 01:44 AM

I was hoping Tri would retcon season 2. It didn't...

#2486 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 06:48 PM

He wasn't involved in tri because he was never asked to come back. He just recently left the franchise around the end of last year. I still think that director should have asked the new staff that he wants to come back instead expecting the new staff to understand his vision. He is stubborn and petty. 

#2487 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 07:05 AM

He wasn't involved in tri because he was never asked to come back. He just recently left the franchise around the end of last year. I still think that director should have asked the new staff that he wants to come back instead expecting the new staff to understand his vision. He is stubborn and petty. 

Too bad he is just expecting everyone to follow his lead without question @_@

#2488 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 03:19 PM

By digisoulnet Facebook

The movie of Digimon is for 2020

It is official we will have as collaboration this girl.

53646094_2111424885561314_84513732776742

I say she would appear as a cameo.

It seems some dancing will happen in Tri. if Mitsu is going to appear... Nah, just her in some random scene I guess.

So, what was the ending of the latest movie in Tri. ? I want to have an idea of what the next movie could be revolving about.

#2489 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 03:34 PM

the have a pv posted on the previous page if you haven't seen that

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2490 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 06:49 PM

the have a pv posted on the previous page if you haven't seen that

What do you mean by pv ?

#2491 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 22 April 2019 - 06:52 PM

What do you mean by pv ?

Anime preview trailer.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#2492 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 01:09 AM

I say she would appear as a cameo.

It seems some dancing will happen in Tri. if Mitsu is going to appear... Nah, just her in some random scene I guess.

So, what was the ending of the latest movie in Tri. ? I want to have an idea of what the next movie could be revolving about.

You right, the closest what we will get is that she is going to sing with Yamato or they are going to be together in a concert.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#2493 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 07:48 PM

now the the cross over shipping is starting :lmao:  :th_yeah:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2494 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 07:17 PM

What do you guys think about the idea of retconning a really bad series ending? or rebooting the entire series from start? Nowadays we have a lot of crappy sequals and reboot why not have a better written reboot of the franchise? Instead of accepting bad endings as the offical canon forever? 

I don't think theres anything wrong with going aganist the authors intentions if they did a piss poor job. We shouldn't just settle for it to only make the creator happy.

#2495 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 11:15 PM

What do you guys think about the idea of retconning a really bad series ending? or rebooting the entire series from start? Nowadays we have a lot of crappy sequals and reboot why not have a better written reboot of the franchise? Instead of accepting bad endings as the offical canon forever? 

I don't think theres anything wrong with going aganist the authors intentions if they did a piss poor job. We shouldn't just settle for it to only make the creator happy.

I was hoping Tri would retcon the terrible ending of season 2...but it didn't.

#2496 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 03:21 PM

The genius behind Digimon Cyber  Sleuth.

https://www.youtube....h?v=wmyiPVOih8g

Instead of a reboot better  the adaptation what really was  Digimon about it. Digimon V- Tamer.

#2497 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 08:28 AM

This video is interesting it mentions kakudou saying that digimon was originality yokais that co existed with humans which is an idea i do not agree at all. Digimon is called digital monsters  for a reason how can they be spirit creatures that co exist with humans before?

I mean maybe when technology started existing the spirits starts to possesed them and they created there own universe that was seperate from there own world?

I hope the game trys to make sense of this lore. :/

Edited by rikakim94, 02 June 2019 - 08:36 AM.

#2498 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 12:03 PM

This video is interesting it mentions kakudou saying that digimon was originality yokais that co existed with humans which is an idea i do not agree at all. Digimon is called digital monsters  for a reason how can they be spirit creatures that co exist with humans before?

I mean maybe when technology started existing the spirits starts to possesed them and they created there own universe that was seperate from there own world?

I hope the game trys to make sense of this lore. :/

I posted the video first, but some reason in my case the videos only shows en form of link before I just post the video and it shows like you do rika.

Well I went WTW Digimon forum and it seems we forgot that the concept of Yokais and spirits and stuff was talked in Digimon 02 and  lastly Digimon Cyber Sleuth.

Here I read some interesting comments in WTW:

they actually slightly brought it up in cyber sleuth, nokia says something about how humans made digimon and agumon and gabumon laugh at her and say digimon have always been there and part of the plot is actually that EDEN's creation allowed digimon to show up/humans to get digimon

And of course the idea was first brought up all the way back in Adventure 02.

oh, I totally forgot/didn't read into that. I think I just assumed with the later that the Digital World was started by the internet and Eden came a few decades later

It was a little before the international Digidestined were introduced while Yolei was in Kyoto where she met Sora’s dad and Joe’s brother, they theorized that Digimon were tsukumogami.

What makes this unusual though is that while Digimon in Tamers are stated to have descended from the virtual pet the Monster Makers created, it's possible that said pet fused with the entities to become the first Digimon.

#2499 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:39 PM

Continuing Digimon Chronicle X. We know Yggdrasil Send the RK to to the new DW and the RW had the Antibody X. Something happen their Rivals got it too. The Demon Lords.

By Digisoulnet.

At the same time, Examon, who was waiting in the New Digital World, detected movement in the Dark Area.

Arriving at the entrance of the Dark Area, a large number of evil Digimon that had been sealed tried to pass through the door.

To maintain the balance between the Old Digital World and the Dark Area, Examon begins to eliminate the evil Digimon that have gone out into the world.

The evil Digimon have a chance to beat the Royal Knights. Although Examon had many disadvantages, as a member of the Royal Knights, he defeated his enemies one after another, showing the great difference in strength.

Even though the evil Digimon lost their moment in the face of overwhelming force, they suddenly start attacking without fearing death. With this new algidity, Examon begins to be stopped.

The smokescreen that manipulates this flock of thousands and thousands of evil Digimon is Lilithmon X, who X-evolved into chaos.

Lilithmon X smiled happily as she joined the attack and passed Examon. Eventually, in the end, the evil Digimon will be admitted to traverse from the Dark Area.

The antibody spread through the Dark Area in the blink of an eye.

The Seven Great Demon Lords have obtained new forms through the X-Evolution, and may surpass the Royal Knights.

The high point of the other evil Digimon has only increased ...

64584873_2277310225639445_52842088553817

#2500 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 04:38 PM

I dont completely agree that digimon were originality ghost and demons and they became digital because magic?

In adventure 01 according a friend of mine said

That goes against the lore of the anime

They were manifestations, all of it, the Digimon and the Digital World, of the dreams of children. That’s why the Digidestined are always CHILDREN! The computers provided the means to birth the new world and creatures of this dimension parallel to our own but the catalyst was the dreams of children that made it real

That’s why they needed chosen children to make the Digimon stronger

It harnesses the power of the hearts of children

That’s why we see the creation of Omnimon in the Digimon movie is the same process

Children all over the world watching through computers so the technology

And then Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon received the energy needed to evolve and fuse from the hopes of the children all around the world

To claim otherwise is to contradict the lore

At least the lore of Adventure

And Tamers

Now I cannot remember Frontier’s lore

And I didn’t watch far into Data Squad or Xros because both were lame and just didn’t appeal to me

So I cannot speak on their lore

So unless you’re making a new universe with it’s own rules but involving Digimon that’s one thing

But it’s another to muck up the lore of an already established continuity

Edited by rikakim94, 21 June 2019 - 04:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users