Close
Photo

General Tech Thread

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

Poll: General Tech Thread (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you own a Crackberry? (Blackberry)

1. Yes. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. No. (22 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:05 AM

Didn't manage to find anything remotely similar to the 1 you're telling, Cloud. So I am stuck to using vacuum cleaner for most of the thicker dusts and prob gonna have to use a soft brush for the ones that need more attention... yeah I'm screwed....

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#102 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:59 AM

I know this is off topic but i didn't want to start a new thread, but i'm planning on getting a LED TV and i'm thinking about getting a Samsung or Sony LED TV. Do you guys own a Samsung or Sony and which do you perfer?

Cloud could change it to "General Tech Thread". fu.png

#103 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:39 AM

I work as a video technician on my spare time, and I would rather pick a Samsung-tv before I go for a Sony. Sony's Bravia-series are good televisions/monitors (if that's what you want to use it for). Samsung are pretty much at the very top of the LED-TV scene at the moment, but LG are also good choices. It really depends more on how much you want to spend for a television, but both Samsung and Sony's LED-TV's are great... Samsung just has that tiny little lead needed.

Also, I think this thread is pin-worthy.

#104 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Oct 26 2010, 06:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I work as a video technician on my spare time, and I would rather pick a Samsung-tv before I go for a Sony. Sony's Bravia-series are good televisions/monitors (if that's what you want to use it for). Samsung are pretty much at the very top of the LED-TV scene at the moment, but LG are also good choices. It really depends more on how much you want to spend for a television, but both Samsung and Sony's LED-TV's are great... Samsung just has that tiny little lead needed.

Also, I think this thread is pin-worthy.

Thanks Vyse, I found some good deals on Samsung. smile.gif

#105 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:32 PM

Samsung is quite good as far as price/quality balance is concerned, most of the time you gonna get what you pay for really. Quality-wise I think Sony is still a bit better but they are heavily overpriced... then again, everything from Sony are pretty much overpriced so no biggy there. LG is pretty much equal to Samsung as far as quality/price balance is concerned though I heard that LG is a bit unreliable and more prone to break down sometimes.

Personally, I would recommend Samsung as first choice followed by Sony Bravia and LG as last resort.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

#106 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:22 PM

LG is just a tad more fickle in their firmware. The firmware their televisions ship with are often not the most up-to-date.

The built in media player on LGs play virtually anything.

#107 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:31 AM

QUOTE (roninmedia @ Oct 28 2010, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The built in media player on LGs play virtually anything.

I'll attest to that. biggrin.gif

LG is pretty good quality. My old man owns two LG tvs back home. One of which he bought late 2009, and it's wicked. He's got a 32" downstairs, and a 42" in his room. And my dad usually doesn't buy LG tv's because they were pretty crappy when they first made them.

But he likes the quality now.

Remember, LED TV =/= LED.

It's LED backlit. If a TV was made from LEDs, you couldn't even watch it.

Edit: Title changed, poll added. Thank you, Vyse. (For pinning it)

Edited by Cloud, 29 October 2010 - 12:33 AM.

#108 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:38 AM

personally, I hate blackberry

#109 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 02:04 PM

^Same.I have used it and it is not practical at all to me. I guess it is ideal only for businessmen etc.

#110 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (Sakura_1_ @ Oct 31 2010, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^Same.I have used it and it is not practical at all to me. I guess it is ideal only for businessmen etc.

Not practical for you, because you're young. And no, its not just for business people. I have one, and I don't run a business. A lot of my friends own one, and they don't own businesses.

But I guess you prefer the iPhone.

#111 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Oct 31 2010, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not practical for you, because you're young. And no, its not just for business people. I have one, and I don't run a business. A lot of my friends own one, and they don't own businesses.

But I guess you prefer the iPhone.

I prefer the cell phone I own: Sony Ericsson Satio (aka Sony Ericsson U1) I know that iPhone is just a miracle of technology, but I find this app-thing quite...hm...boring? It IS awesome, but still it doesn't offer me what I want...I usually listen to music using my mobile phone and generally transferring MUCH data in it. I also love taking High Quality pictures, so I guess that Satio is the best for me (12.1 MegaPixels fyi). iPhone= style and a bunch of funny/useful apps to me. 

#112 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:53 PM

I don't like blackberry either.

I had the pearl, and it was buggy. I had to wait 6 months until sprint released an update for the bugs to be fixed.

However, I did like how you can switch between apps. But, you need to manually close each app, or else it'll take up your phone's resources. Not a problem for me, but it gets annoying, since my grandma (wtf was my uncle thinking giving her one lol) doesn't know how to do it, so I have to reboot her phone once a week D:.

iPhone is for ease-of-use, but you can only have one app open.

I think Android OS is the way to go. It's customizable, and there's a good community behind it. You can have multiple apps open, but it auto closes... should have an option for auto close, and manual close.

Windows Mobile just sucks. GTFO Microsoft biggrin.gif

Edited by JoHamSandwich, 03 November 2010 - 03:54 PM.

#113 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 01:48 AM

QUOTE (JoHamSandwich @ Nov 4 2010, 02:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't like blackberry either.

I had the pearl, and it was buggy. I had to wait 6 months until sprint released an update for the bugs to be fixed.

However, I did like how you can switch between apps. But, you need to manually close each app, or else it'll take up your phone's resources. Not a problem for me, but it gets annoying, since my grandma (wtf was my uncle thinking giving her one lol) doesn't know how to do it, so I have to reboot her phone once a week D:.

iPhone is for ease-of-use, but you can only have one app open.

I think Android OS is the way to go. It's customizable, and there's a good community behind it. You can have multiple apps open, but it auto closes... should have an option for auto close, and manual close.

Windows Mobile just sucks. GTFO Microsoft biggrin.gif

heh gotta agree. I like my iPhone since I'm not one to multitask with mobile much anyway, the main selling point of iPhone for me are the iphone exclusive banking applications which allow me to control my money 24/7 and that I can locate it easily if I ever forgot it at my workplace (Which thankfully never happened so far but with the cat around, you never know...).

I never try Android and never have a reason to.

Windows mobile... well... Microsoft makes one hell of a PC OS but apparently attempt to make it smaller stinks...

#114 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (BlackLightning @ Nov 4 2010, 03:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
heh gotta agree. I like my iPhone since I'm not one to multitask with mobile much anyway, the main selling point of iPhone for me are the iphone exclusive banking applications which allow me to control my money 24/7 and that I can locate it easily if I ever forgot it at my workplace (Which thankfully never happened so far but with the cat around, you never know...).

I never try Android and never have a reason to.

Windows mobile... well... Microsoft makes one hell of a PC OS but apparently attempt to make it smaller stinks...

Banking 24/7? No thanks... 

I have tried Windows Mobile and they pretty much suck... 

#115 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (Sakura_1_ @ Nov 4 2010, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Banking 24/7? No thanks... 

...you're still young lol. Wait until you get a job and have to pay bills; mobile banking is cool.

#116 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (JoHamSandwich @ Nov 5 2010, 07:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...you're still young lol. Wait until you get a job and have to pay bills; mobile banking is cool.

What he said. Heck, wait until you go to college and have to manage your own money in the bank then try saying that again.

#117 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (BlackLightning @ Nov 5 2010, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What he said. Heck, wait until you go to college and have to manage your own money in the bank then try saying that again.

Well...Actually I think that money management is pretty easy. I mean... Money is in the bank, safe and sound, why should I worry?

#118 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (Sakura_1_ @ Nov 5 2010, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well...Actually I think that money management is pretty easy. I mean... Money is in the bank, safe and sound, why should I worry?

Spending, paying bills, budgeting, savings, interest and beyond. You'll understand when you reach around college and start having a job, for now just enjoy your youth

#119 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE (BlackLightning @ Nov 4 2010, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Spending, paying bills, budgeting, savings, interest and beyond. You'll understand when you reach around college and start having a job, for now just enjoy your youth

I second that.

I don't make a lot, but what I earn goes to paying bills, and the car.

And food.

#120 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:05 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Nov 4 2010, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I second that.

I don't make a lot, but what I earn goes to paying bills, and the car.

And food.

And games.
*cough*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users