46 replies to this topic

#21 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:38 AM

Im downloading the entire series (except post diamond and pearl (for now)) with a 1 Mb internet connection. But its worth it.

Nice. I stopped after Ash left and meets May. I saw a little of it and it was good, but much like Johto (is that how you spell it), it got stretched so many times. It's funny because in the first season, it was paced well. Second was good and a nice finale with godlike Dragonite. Third was "fillerish" though the league was fun, especially with the settlement with Ash and Gary. That made me realized the show won't get better than this. And yeah, I was right.

#22 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

The guy who changes his obsesions way too often.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts
  • Interests:Winning the fanboy rivalry with FoolishYoungling

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:42 AM

I kinda like D&P it was ok.

Made a chatroom (i like making them :D)

link: http://www.chatzy.com/24413775328196

pass: pokemon.

tumblr_nb92ixykOu1s7xenwo1_400.gif

OTP: NaruSaku; Favorite crack pairing: NaruIno

Runner-ups:AstridxHiccup (How to train your dragon),SusanxReed, WallyxKuki (Kids next door);  AshxMisty; ThorxSif

#23 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:45 AM

D&P did look good, probably because of that rival character. He looks like someone you shouldn't ignore. This only begs one question: how old is Ash?

#24 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:22 AM

In fact, there's an official song for it. No joke. I will search once I get back from work.

Way ahead of you, here's the link to the song! LINK

:lol:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#25 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:08 PM

D&P did look good, probably because of that rival character. He looks like someone you shouldn't ignore. This only begs one question: how old is Ash?

According to bulbapedia.he, misty, may and dawn are both 10 years old as of black and white 003.

It all looks weird to me to be honest.

What we do know:

Ash and Misty are the same age (10 at meeting time)

Brock is older

Dawn is 10

May was 10 at the time they met.

The first season took at least a year.

The first saga could take 2 years.

Theres is no way Ash and Misty are 10 unless those jokes about Ashes demonic life stealing powers are true :D

Edited by StrikerTheNoble, 19 July 2013 - 01:08 PM.

Runner-ups:AstridxHiccup (How to train your dragon),SusanxReed, WallyxKuki (Kids next door);  AshxMisty; ThorxSif

#26 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:13 PM

Way ahead of you, here's the link to the song! LINK

:lol:

Lol that's it. Thanks.

According to bulbapedia.he, misty, may and dawn are both 10 years old as of black and white 003.

It all looks weird to me to be honest.

What we do know:

Ash and Misty are the same age (10 at meeting time)
Brock is older
Dawn is 10
May was 10 at the time they met.

The first season took at least a year.
The first saga could take 2 years.

Theres is no way Ash and Misty are 10 unless those jokes about Ashes demonic life stealing powers are true :D

Yeah, at least age progress would be nice. It wouldn't hurt.

#27 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:07 PM

Anyway Ash x Misty the only age apropriate pairing out there. Since both May and Dawn are younger than him.

The theories

We should really make our own ageing system for pokemon since there is no cannon version

#28 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Interests:Honestly, western sakura haters are pathetic (if your wondering why I say western, its because thats where all the sakura haters are) they hate sakura for the stupidest reasons, makes me wonder if they even read the manga for anything besides illogically hating on her, and even more so if they even read the same manga. Seriously they really are blind if they think sakura isn't the most popular female character in naruto and has a huge fanbase in japan, kishimoto-sensie's main fanbase. Honsetly, they aren't true naruto fans because they're practically bashing the main heroine of the series who has had AMAZING and deep emotional development, both romace-wise , character-wise and-power wise, and the love interest, Haruno sakura, of the main hero, Uzumaki Naruto. That alone is an insult to kishimoto-sensie's work. Not to mention they rub off the japanese culture, which is important to know if you wanna 100% understand the details of the manga.

My hobbies are drawing, and reading awesome facts about anything I love! Oh and how could I forget, I love playing on my PS3, my favourite online game is Team Fortress 2, favourite character to play with is the scout! (Although I love all of 'em).
    Bless the PS2 era...and all those awesome games... (applause to you if you were part of that gaming age, jack and daxter, sly, spyro, crash etc.)

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

I ship, in the following order:
1) AshxMisty
2) AshxMay
3) AshxDawn
4) BrockxBrock

Lol at the brock brock! XD

And yeah, ash and misty definitely had love going on.

13080302030649702.gif~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ナル~サク 4/3 The day he fell in love with her ♥ 豪傑 そて 婦 hero, great man and heroine, brave woman°°°★Official Top Ten overall NARUTO characters: 1. Kakashi 2.Naruto 3.Sasuke 4.Iruka 5.Shikamaru 6.Gaara 7.Sakura 8.Neji 9.Itachi 10.Lee★°°° <p>Best ofナル~サク

#29 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

Anyway Ash x Misty the only age apropriate pairing out there. Since both May and Dawn are younger than him.

The theories

We should really make our own ageing system for pokemon since there is no cannon version

Actually Ash is still 10, it was stated on the first episode of Black and White, which like it or not is canon, a lot of the stuff from season 1 can be discounted since the creators of the anime didn't believe the series would last more than one season.

Also canonically Ash, Misty, May, Dawn & Iris are 10, Brock, Tracy & Cilan are 15 and Max is 7

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#30 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

Yea their age is cannon just the passage of time is a bit kittened up.

Also why discount stuff from the original season? The first saga is as cannon as it gets.

#31 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

Yea their age is cannon just the passage of time is a bit f**cked up.

Also why discount stuff from the original season? The first saga is as cannon as it gets.

In the first season Ash was attracted to Giselle, that is now out of character for him and there is a fair amount of Early Installment Weirdness. Pikachu beating Rhydon with an electric attack despite Rhydon being a Ground-Type and immune to Electric attacks sticks out the most probably.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#32 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

In the first season Ash was attracted to Giselle, that is now out of character for him and there is a fair amount of Early Installment Weirdness. Pikachu beating Rhydon with an electric attack despite Rhydon being a Ground-Type and immune to Electric attacks sticks out the most probably.

Theres a reason its ooc. Its because the girl he actually likes lives an ocean avay. And again Old stuff > New stuff

#33 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:54 PM

Theres a reason its ooc. Its because the girl he actually likes lives an ocean avay. And again Old stuff > New stuff

Actually according to newer episodes Ash knows absolutely nothing about romance, thinking that his Grovyle was sick when it was in love, this is further reinforced by events that happened in Black & White. this contrasts vastly with the fact that he was able to tell his Butterfree was in love with the pink Butterfree.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#34 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:29 AM

Actually according to newer episodes Ash knows absolutely nothing about romance, thinking that his Grovyle was sick when it was in love, this is further reinforced by events that happened in Black & White. this contrasts vastly with the fact that he was able to tell his Butterfree was in love with the pink Butterfree.

Oh for the love of... He wasnt always like this. He got that way when the Mitsy era ended. And how can you possibly think that the canon factor of season 15+ beats the canon factor of season 1. Black and White season are a product of milking and I wouldnt be suprised if they stated that Ash is Psyduck in discuise.

Lets just agree to dissagre before theres a repeat of the argument on the Egypt topic.

#35 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:07 AM

Oh for the love of... He wasnt always like this. He got that way when the Mitsy era ended. And how can you possibly think that the canon factor of season 15+ beats the canon factor of season 1. Black and White season are a product of milking and I wouldnt be suprised if they stated that Ash is Psyduck in discuise.

Lets just agree to dissagre before theres a repeat of the argument on the Egypt topic.

Actually Ash got that way during Johto, also during the first couple season a lot of Ash x Misty scenes were not in the original Japanese version, the animation was there but in the original version it was ether not even a Ash x Misty scene or it was clear that the scene was platonic, also a lot of the dialog was changed by 4Kids, which makes it hard to tell what is canon and what is just in the Dub, newer seasons do not have this problem due to The Pokemon Company now owning the rights to dub Pokemon, and are much more faithful to the original, Also the Pokemon Anime has been about advertizing the Games from the very beginning, and just because you don't like the newer episodes doesn't make them any less canon the the original series, although figuring out what is canon and what was added in the dub is the tricky part.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#36 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

Actually Ash got that way during Johto, also during the first couple season a lot of Ash x Misty scenes were not in the original Japanese version, the animation was there but in the original version it was ether not even a Ash x Misty scene or it was clear that the scene was platonic, also a lot of the dialog was changed by 4Kids, which makes it hard to tell what is canon and what is just in the Dub, newer seasons do not have this problem due to The Pokemon Company now owning the rights to dub Pokemon, and are much more faithful to the original, Also the Pokemon Anime has been about advertizing the Games from the very beginning, and just because you don't like the newer episodes doesn't make them any less canon the the original series, although figuring out what is canon and what was added in the dub is the tricky part.

If you`re not into Pokeshipping thats fine. I just don`t understand what you`re doing here if you`re not here to talk about your ship.

I would kindly ask of you to stay with the course of the topic or vecate it. Which means that this place is for discussing Pokeshipping or if you don`t ship it talk about the ships you like. If your not here to do that please refrain from posting.

#37 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:41 AM

If you`re not into Pokeshipping thats fine. I just don`t understand what you`re doing here if you`re not here to talk about your ship.

I would kindly ask of you to stay with the course of the topic or vecate it. Which means that this place is for discussing Pokeshipping or if you don`t ship it talk about the ships you like. If your not here to do that please refrain from posting.

You didn't read my post did you?

If you had you'd know that my post did address Shipping, Pokeshipping in fact, I brought up the fact the 4Kids changed many platonic moments into romantic ones, while also addressing how these and other such changes make it hard to figure out what is canon and what isn't, something that must be discussed if you are discussing whether a ship becomes canon or not.

And the reason I'm not discussing AdvanceShipping is because I'm not going to get into a pissing match over the possible romance in a show who target audience has not his puberty yet. and when the likelihood of nether happening is possible.

Edited by Jake, 20 July 2013 - 08:45 AM.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#38 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:58 AM

You didn't read my post did you?

If you had you'd know that my post did address Shipping, Pokeshipping in fact, I brought up the fact the 4Kids changed many platonic moments into romantic ones, while also addressing how these and other such changes make it hard to figure out what is canon and what isn't, something that must be discussed if you are discussing whether a ship becomes canon or not.

And the reason I'm not discussing AdvanceShipping is because I'm not going to get into a pissing match over the possible romance in a show who target audience has not his puberty yet. and when the likelihood of nether happening is possible.

Were not discussing canon/not-cannon at this point. Were talking about the good stuff. And the bad stuff. Just discussing the pair in general not weather its canon or not.

#39 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:03 AM

Were not discussing canon/not-cannon at this point. Were talking about the good stuff. And the bad stuff. Just discussing the pair in general not weather its canon or not.

But I was.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#40 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:52 AM

Anyone got any good AMVs?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pokemon, ship, ash, chocolate cake

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users