#7481 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (Poison_In_Your_Coffee @ Dec 30 2012, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, maybe a public apology from you as well? I am not the only SS shipper around here. You insult as all when you say that I as an SS shipper support abusive relationships. I have no desire to get you in trouble, just to have a more civil and fruitful conversation.

Epic Post.
QUOTE (Poison_In_Your_Coffee @ Dec 29 2012, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And "she was a tsundere" is the winning argument because...?

Why is Karin's reason to love Sasuke more legit? Because he saved her life? Sasuke also helped Sakura, and probably saved her life, in the forest of death. Later he was willing to sacrifice himself to Gaara so Naruto would have the time to save Sakura. This selfless sacrifice inspired Naruto to fight Gaara, BTW. Why should Karin forget Sasuke's attempt to kill her? Aren't you just pushing Karin into an abusive relationship if you think SasuKarin is okay?

And to save birdguy and waterguy.

Actually, sadly, women returning to abusive relationships is anything but unrealistic.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#7482 Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (HalfStarStudios @ Dec 30 2012, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What would he be standing aside from though?

Not a SS relationship at that point. More of a possibility of a one. He would also stop bothering Sakura, a girl who is just not interested in him, with his attempts to get to together with her. I don't personally hold PoaL to be that great a secrifice. Naruto is being selfless, yes, but he never did have Sakura in the first place. It's not like a man divorcing his wife to "set her free", so to speak.

I actually don't think that. I was just trolling you and it obviously worked. If another SS fan comes up and says he/she has a problem with it then I have no problem saying it. Until that happens then well, you can stop whining. Hilarious that you didn't want to fight but now you're the one who brings it up again. c:

I bring it up because it was very offensive, and quite frankly overused and tiring insult. I want you to show that you have understood that you did something wrong. I would not have brought it up since last night if you hadn't repeated this same insult in this thread today. One time thing, fine. You repeating it like it is a funny joke? Yeah, don't. Trolling doesn't excuse it in any way. Why do you think it makes a difference to me whether you actually think that I support abuse or whether you just pretend to think that? Trolling, also, is not treating others with respect.

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Dec 30 2012, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Epic Post.

Is English you first language? Because I have started to doubt that you have understood what I wrote. If you don't speak English that well, it explains a lot.

Edited by Poison_In_Your_Coffee, 30 December 2012 - 03:46 PM.

The stars are fire.

#7483 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (Poison_In_Your_Coffee @ Dec 30 2012, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not a SS relationship at that point. More of a possibility of a one. He would also stop bothering Sakura, a girl who is just not interested in him, with his attempts to get to together with her. I don't personally hold PoaL to be that great a secrifice. Naruto is being selfless, yes, but he never did have Sakura in the first place. It's not like a man divorcing his wife to "set her free", so to speak.

Why Sakura should desperatelly to be at Naruto's side like Hinata's is just nothing like annoying.
Jiraya loved Tsunade but he wast desperatelly to be at Tsunade's side, neither Obito wanted desperatelly to be at Rin's side despite loving her.

Double Standard.
And seriously, his love for Sakura is his own, it was the fuel of his childhood and his main motivation for not give up before iruka and etc...

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 30 December 2012 - 03:49 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#7484 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (Poison_In_Your_Coffee @ Dec 30 2012, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't bring up the PoaL though. Also why is this the only part that you reply to? o_o

I bring it up because it was very offensive, and quite frankly overused and tiring insult. I want you to show that you have understood that you did something wrong. I would not have brought it up since last night if you hadn't repeated this same insult in this thread today. One time thing, fine. You repeating it like it is a funny joke? Yeah, don't. Trolling doesn't excuse it in any way. Why do you think it makes a difference to me whether you actually think that I support abuse or whether you just pretend to think that? Trolling, also, is not treating others with respect.

You have me mixed up with someone who actually cares...just drop it. I already apologized. Stop crying about it. Sheesh. xD

Edited by HalfStarStudios, 30 December 2012 - 03:49 PM.

#7485 Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (HalfStarStudios @ Dec 30 2012, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't bring up the PoaL though. Also why is this the only part that you reply to? o_o

Because I didn't think I had anything new or interesting to say to the rest of your post?

You have me mixed up with someone who actually cares...just drop it. I already apologized. Stop crying about it. Sheesh. xD

And very sincere and heartfelt apology that was. This forum's rules ask you at least to feign to care enough to have respect for others. Just fake it, we all do.
The stars are fire.

#7486 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (Poison_In_Your_Coffee @ Dec 30 2012, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And very sincere and heartfelt apology that was. This forum's rules ask you at least to feign to care enough to have respect for others. Just fake it, we all do.

I'm so sorry! I feel like a horrible person for saying such mean and disgusting things to you. I cannot sleep at night because of this. I hope some day you can forgive me for my acts!

Good? huh.gif

#7487 Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (HalfStarStudios @ Dec 30 2012, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm so sorry! I feel like a horrible person for saying such mean and disgusting things to you. I cannot sleep at night because of this. I hope some day you can forgive me for my acts!

Good? huh.gif

Adequate. But as I am a gracious lady I shall excuse you for your horrid sin. May you fare better in the discussions of the future, you big meanie you.
The stars are fire.

#7488 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (Poison_In_Your_Coffee @ Dec 30 2012, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Adequate. But as I am a gracious lady I shall excuse you for your horrid sin. May you fare better in the discussions of the future, you big meanie you.

I lost it at big meanie. xD I am sorry though.

Edited by HalfStarStudios, 30 December 2012 - 03:59 PM.

#7489 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

I wonder since I'm pretty confident Kishi is using Hinata to make a big NS moment just another move to troll NH fans, I wonder if we'll hear from Poison in your coffee more often from now.

Edited by Gravenimage, 30 December 2012 - 05:11 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#7490 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Dec 30 2012, 07:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why Sakura should desperatelly to be at Naruto's side like Hinata's is just nothing like annoying.
Jiraya loved Tsunade but he wast desperatelly to be at Tsunade's side, neither Obito wanted desperatelly to be at Rin's side despite loving her.

Double Standard.
And seriously, his love for Sakura is his own, it was the fuel of his childhood and his main motivation for not give up before iruka and etc...

Exactly. And Naruto, Jiraiya, and Obito each loved them for different reasons. While we didn't know why Jiraiya loved Tsunade besides working side by side with her, we know Naruto loves Sakura because she's a lot like him in terms of stubbornness and a desire to be acknowledged too. As for Obito, I believe in the theories that he loved Rin because she saw him for who he was, not for his clan name like many others might have seen him for.

And as for being there for Naruto, Sakura doesn't want to feel like a burden anymore, given her desire to want to learn the sealing technique of the First Hokage from Tenzo/Yamato so she could help keep Naruto in check if Kurama's power seeped out too much, or how she felt like everything she did was too lite. Heck, she even went as far as to train with Tsunade to HELP Naruto bring Sasuke back and not try to rely on him. That's real signs of growth.

I'm glad Hinata's getting some developement, but until she lets go fully of her fangirl nature, given how the last chapter ended, I dunno if she's reached the peak of it yet.

#7491 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (Poison_In_Your_Coffee @ Dec 30 2012, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I actually view this as one of my opinions with most evidence (or truthfully, lack of evidence for NS special bond) to back it up. Obviously you are right about Kishi being the final judge of that. Here's my take, if you care:

I have never seen Sakura being held in any special place above all others for Naruto in this manga. She is a very important bond and a close friend, but so are Iruka, Kakashi, Tsunade, Shikamaru, Neji, the Konoha rookies, Hinata, Gaara... It is Sasuke, and Sasuke alone, who takes the number one place of importantance for Naruto. Jiraiya was another one with who Naruto had very special bond and the one that comes closest taking the 1# spot from Sasuke. In what chapter and in what page is Sakura in any way elevated above others in importance? What is the context of those moments? Where are they? I'm sure there are possibly few moments that I can't recall now. Links?

Let me give a few examples. The movie manga chapter from this summer. Naruto and Sakura barely interact. Naruto spends moments remembering Sasuke. Kishi takes, once again, the opportunity to show SasuNaru bond. Hell, when Sasuke tries to kill Sakura, Naruto is like a father scolding his child who has eaten too many cookies before dinner. "Naughty boy, you can't do that". Little interaction with Sakura. Then it becomes all about Sasuke, Sakura and her suffering forgotten by Naruto. Sasuke is that special to Naruto that he can brush aside several other characters (Gaara, Raikage, Kakashi, Sakura) and stop to remember him even when the plot has nothing to do with Sasuke. Naruto and Sakura can't even talk to each other about their issues. Naruto told Jiraiya everything about himself and his life. To Sakura, well, Naruto can't even honestly speak about his feelings for her, not to mention that he kept secrets from her during the summit arc. Sakura, likewise, during that arc lied to Naruto. They both know about Naruto's feelings for her but are not communicating about them in any way. Naruto and Sasuke, in contrast, are portrayed with this inner understanding about each other, like there isn't even need for words between them. Naruto and Sakura's lack of communication is not like this, their lack of being honest with each other lead to the disaster of Sakura's confession and the aftermath.

I told you earlier that I didn't think that Naruto had an epic love story aside from platonic SasuNaru. That is how I feel, and it's because moments like I described above. NS is not in any way portrayed special, IMO. You NS shippers keep talking about NS special bond, but I just don't see it.

Obviously the bond with Sasuke is going to be portrayed as the strongest and most prominent in the story. You haven't forgotten that is that very bond that finds itself at the core of the story? It's one of the elements that drive the main plot.

What I see wrong with your view is that you say every bond after Sasuke as to be on the same level. Killer Bee made notice of how Iruka has a special place in Naruto's heart and yet you think Naruto only views him as important as is just any rookie.

The fact that that both Naruto and Sakura don't want to burden the other is what notably drives the plot between them. Whether they get together or not it is something that is meant to be addressed in order to have resolution between them. It might not be part of the main plot but that doesn't mean it's not an important bond.

I really don't get why you use the manga movie special as proof of anything. That was just meant to be a parallel to another scene during the movie. That movie in which they do have proper interaction and understanding of each other.

Naruto focusing on Sasuke is just how the story goes. It is what drives a huge part of the main plot. That doesn't mean he doesn't cherish Sakura. Besides, you said yourself that Sasuke is his most potent bond, so wouldn't that mean he would focus a lot on him? Just because he's that way with Sasuke doesn't diminish his care for Sakura.

QUOTE (Poison_In_Your_Coffee @ Dec 30 2012, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That meant accepting the fact that Sakura was in love with someone else. What else Naruto could have done? "Sorry, guys, but I just realized: now that Sasuke is out of the way, my chances of getting into Sakura's pants look better than ever! Forget that damn Sasimo or whatever his name was, we are fine here!" tongue.gif

Naruto's selfless sacrifice was to give up something that was never his in the first place.

Naruto's selfless sacrifice is not about giving up, is about making Sakura happy even if that means his feelings get hurt at the moment. Naruto is all about not giving up, you have to remember that.

#7492 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Dec 30 2012, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder since I'm pretty confident Kishi is using Hinata to make a big NS moment just another move to troll NH fans, I wonder if we'll hear from Poison in your coffee more often from now.

I probably shouldn't have laughed of this 111189.gif

ナルサク

#7493 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (Bryon_Konoha_Ninja @ Dec 30 2012, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly. And Naruto, Jiraiya, and Obito each loved them for different reasons. While we didn't know why Jiraiya loved Tsunade besides working side by side with her, we know Naruto loves Sakura because she's a lot like him in terms of stubbornness and a desire to be acknowledged too. As for Obito, I believe in the theories that he loved Rin because she saw him for who he was, not for his clan name like many others might have seen him for.

And as for being there for Naruto, Sakura doesn't want to feel like a burden anymore, given her desire to want to learn the sealing technique of the First Hokage from Tenzo/Yamato so she could help keep Naruto in check if Kurama's power seeped out too much, or how she felt like everything she did was too lite. Heck, she even went as far as to train with Tsunade to HELP Naruto bring Sasuke back and not try to rely on him. That's real signs of growth.

I'm glad Hinata's getting some developement, but until she lets go fully of her fangirl nature, given how the last chapter ended,I dunno if she's reached the peak of it yet.

Probably, she didn't reached the final part of her development. I'm stating this if Kishi decided to show us how she'll move on from Naruto after seeing that he really loves Sakura if she didn't realized it yet.
But, for sure, we'll see NH moments in the upcoming chapters, but not like ch.615 of Hinata in the big spotlight talking to Naruto, it's seeing some panels of them fighting together. Though, just for the info, NH moments as not NaruxHina but like Naruto and Hinata, of course, fighting side by side and probably along the others too.

We all should expect this in the upcoming chapters.

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Dec 30 2012, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know, I was wondering the same thing too fu.png

Edited by T XD, 30 December 2012 - 05:58 PM.

#7494 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Dec 30 2012, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Naruto's selfless sacrifice is not about giving up, is about making Sakura happy even if that means his feelings get hurt at the moment. Naruto is all about not giving up, you have to remember that.

You... *sniffs* You are a friggin' genius, Dragon! And it's true! I'm sure it'll be something that'll be shown later on, especially if something bad happens to Sakura, considering even with Hinata being an aide to Naruto right now, it odesn't meant we might not see a cool moment with Naruto showing just how much he loves Sakura. After all, you'd think it'd fit with how Hinata seemed to notice Sakura's feelings for Naruto when she hugged him after Nagato's attack.

#7495 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (Bryon_Konoha_Ninja @ Dec 30 2012, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You... *sniffs* You are a friggin' genius, Dragon! And it's true! I'm sure it'll be something that'll be shown later on, especially if something bad happens to Sakura, considering even with Hinata being an aide to Naruto right now, it odesn't meant we might not see a cool moment with Naruto showing just how much he loves Sakura. After all, you'd think it'd fit with how Hinata seemed to notice Sakura's feelings for Naruto when she hugged him after Nagato's attack.

Well, i dont think hinata noticed that, the kids were blushing for Naruto he gots surprised he was already surprised one of his dreams was the acknowledgement of the people of the village and he received it, naruto was in shock, it was like all the villages acknowledgement was on sakura's hug.
That hug symbolized the acknowledgement of the village.
It was romantic because for 1 Naruto loves Sakura and two nothing is better for the hero to receive this just from the girl he loves.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 30 December 2012 - 05:59 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#7496 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

Hug seems to be intended a romantic sight in Japan. The reason that we are not contradicting when it comes to hug and holding hand is because the hug is seen by millions and it wasn't necessary at all. Let's compare: holding hand scene, as of now, is just passing the chakra and no romantic take on it (maybe to Hinata). The hug wasn't necessary because she could have hit him and say thank you without hugging. When the hug happened, Naruto was shocked and most importantly, the surrounding indicated that it's romance in the air. So this is pretty much a picture worth a thousand word. A small note: hugging is always seen to be lovely when it comes to two friends, especially when it comes out of nowhere. Usually the person blushed or becomes dazed, couldn't believe it's happening. That's my take.

#7497 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Dec 30 2012, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hug seems to be intended a romantic sight in Japan. The reason that we are not contradicting when it comes to hug and holding hand is because the hug is seen by millions and it wasn't necessary at all. Let's compare: holding hand scene, as of now, is just passing the chakra and no romantic take on it (maybe to Hinata). The hug wasn't necessary because she could have hit him and say thank you without hugging. When the hug happened, Naruto was shocked and most importantly, the surrounding indicated that it's romance in the air. So this is pretty much a picture worth a thousand word. A small note: hugging is always seen to be lovely when it comes to two friends, especially when it comes out of nowhere. Usually the person blushed or becomes dazed, couldn't believe it's happening. That's my take.

That hug TRUMPS this hand holding scene because it just showed us how close Sakura has gotten to him. Her expression, his shocked face, everything. I was just as surprised as he was that he got that hug from her around all of those people. So sincere, and genuine. One of the best NS moments in the manga, and it was a real happy moment. Not like Sakura hugging Sasuke trying to get him to stay. It was done with no ulterior motive or anything like that. It was just really sweet.

That hand holding was nice as well, but it has nothing on the hug because of what Slex listed on the video. And then afterwards, chakra was transfered to her. Meh, it's not as special as the hug but maybe that's just my bias talking for me here. biggrin.gif

#7498 lord287

lord287

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

Guys i just checked the chapter again and I noticed one more thing, I know many of you might have already noticed that but I don't know if that was brought up or not and this thing appears to be clear foreshadowing to me(which will make NH canon in end)

http://mangastream.c...uto/26074227/20

on the left hand-side it is written "NEVER LETTING GO OF THAT HAND...!!".

So does this tells us that we are 200% out of race, or do we have any such official writings by kishi for NS also??

REST IN PEACE

15 YEARS OF DEVELOPMENTS

#7499 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (lord287 @ Dec 30 2012, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guys i just checked the chapter again and I noticed one more thing, I know many of you might have already noticed that but I don't know if that was brought up or not and this thing appears to be clear foreshadowing to me(which will make NH canon in end)

So does this tells us that we are 200% out of race, or do we have any such official writings by kishi for NS also??

Editor's note.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#7500 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (lord287 @ Dec 30 2012, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That would actually mean something in helping NaruHina but the thing is ... it's really nothing. That line was an 'editor's note'. Neither Naruto or Hinata said that. It's a generalized statement that often doesn't influence future chapters. For instance, remember that chapter with Sasuke? "Carnage will come to the battlefield". He finally appeared in the war but instead offing people left and right, he ran into Itachi and got all emo again. laugh.gif

I'm not worried about that variable. I don't think any NS fan should be.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users