3333 replies to this topic

#2421 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:01 AM

Burrito beating Pokemon, Yugioh. Yeah not buying it for a second.
That's like saying DC beating Marvel.
It's a fantasy.

Its sales says it beats Pokemon and Yu gi oh...How ever gross product is actually what they made. Where it is fifth on that list. So despite it selling well it made less then those two, and isn't Boruto cutting comers by this point?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 01 August 2018 - 09:02 AM.

#2422 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:12 PM

I don't even believe it for a second. That show outranking Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh? Even beat Dragon Ball? FAKE!

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#2423 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 02:01 PM

The source looks legitimate. The chart was translated (with a horrible font) and basically copy pasted. The source didn't give any more information than that, no actual figures. Just that list of 5. However the link yyubie gave is a truly pathetic piece of journalism. The thing that amuses me about this whole issue is that even people who don't like NS and don't really care about the ending still think this series is terrible.

See SP got exactly what they wanted. They got to make a sequel to milk the franchise. They would have made more money if they didn't ruin the franchise first, but they still are making money just because it was so popular to begin with.

Edited by DrK, 01 August 2018 - 02:10 PM.

#2424 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 02:14 PM

The source looks legitimate. The chart was translated (with a horrible font) and basically copy pasted. The source didn't give any more information than that, no actual figures. Just that list of 5. However the link yyubie gave is a truly pathetic piece of journalism. The thing that amuses me about this whole issue is that even people who don't like NS and don't really care about the ending still think this series is terrible.

See SP got exactly what they wanted. They got to make a sequel to milk the franchise. They would have made more money if they didn't ruin the franchise first, but they still are making money just because it was so popular to begin with.

It's weird considering how hated the ending was by the Japanese fans. The only way I can think its working is they are trying to get the small children crowd who probably didn't read/watch the original series.

#2425 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 07:27 PM

The information comes from TV Tokyo report. Don't understand Japanese or business data but it looks like Spiraling Sphere just took information from one image, then comicbook.com turned it into an article for clicks. What the information on the other pages mean or if it even effects this information. I don't know. The stuff the stands out to me is that Naruto was top in both sales and earnings, and Boruto was third in sales, but fifth in earnings.

Here's the place they got the information from if anyone wants a crack at it:

https://www.txhd.co....0518_kessan.pdf

#2426 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 01 August 2018 - 07:32 PM

The information comes from TV Tokyo report. Don't understand Japanese or business data but it looks like Spiraling Sphere just took information from one image, then comicbook.com turned it into an article for clicks. What the information on the other pages mean or if it even effects this information. I don't know. The stuff the stands out to me is that Naruto was top in both sales and earnings, and Boruto was third in sales, but fifth in earnings.

Here's the place they got the information from if anyone wants a crack at it:

https://www.txhd.co....0518_kessan.pdf

Its best to wait for Namaenash to look at it to see if its actually legit since she knows this stuff. You can PM her if you want to.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#2427 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 07:36 PM

Its best to wait for Namaenash to look at it to see if its actually legit since she knows this stuff. You can PM her if you want to.

I actually did that last night. If people are going to freak out or not might as well know if it real that Boruto anime is doing well or if its clickbait.

#2428 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:47 PM

Out of curiosity i type "Boruto low sale" in goggle search bar and the result is not what i expected (or what i like maybe).

Just want to post this here i don't know if it's true or not.

http://comicbook.com...-ratings-japan/

Info is bit old , in may 2018.

Looks like this cockroaches gonna take longer than that to kick the bucket.

That is fake everyone knows Boruto sucks ass and it's the worse anime in history.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#2429 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 07:37 PM

Well we just need some confirmation first

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2430 hisaberpie

hisaberpie

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 03:36 PM

You know the thing that irks me the most is sumires design. The hinata clone. She has such an aweful design, i highly doubt that kishimoto came up with her. She looks the worst in the entire cast. The glasses kid, denki being second but i read that his design was made by a fan who won some naruto competition.

The hinata clone though... She looks like one of those self insert OCs made by teenage girls who edit over anime screenshots. I think ikemotos behind her design. There is no other explanation for it.

#2431 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 08:51 PM

I would think that it is BECAUSE Sumire was made to imitate Hinata. the whole quiet submissive attitude, A guy  "has his way with her" and she wouldn't even squeak, just like Hinata. It doesn't bother me though I just want Boruto to get together with Sumire to RUB the anti-NaruSaku logic in the remaining fan's faces :kukuku:   

You think this manga will last a hundred chapters? :wot:

UNFORTUNATELY, If a Sueisha authority FORCES Ikemoto to, or Ikemoto FORCES HIMSELF TO, probably yes. The main problem for why this series won't die is that it is not a new series so there is no experimentation on it's popularity and getting axed if it doesn't meet expectations, older fans are just outright ignoring it and it is being scooped up by those that were never initiated into Naruto to begin with so there is the unending loop of why it hasn't been choked to death already. Actually I think that there is a social problem I just thought of that MAY have contributed to all of this. Both Naruto's fall and Boruto's zombie cash cowing Let me gather my thoughts and I'll post it on the Great Naruto discussion

Edited by Phantom_999, 09 August 2018 - 12:07 AM.

#2432 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 01:22 AM

You know the thing that irks me the most is sumires design. The hinata clone. She has such an aweful design, i highly doubt that kishimoto came up with her. She looks the worst in the entire cast. The glasses kid, denki being second but i read that his design was made by a fan who won some naruto competition.

The hinata clone though... She looks like one of those self insert OCs made by teenage girls who edit over anime screenshots. I think ikemotos behind her design. There is no other explanation for it.

I honestly think she is a creation of SP more then she is of Ikemoto. The characters Ikemoto have made so far don't really mesh with the clone. She looks like a generic background character from any random anime. Also her introduction into the manga seemed really out of nowhere.

My stance really hasn't change since she was added into the manga. The Ao arc, and her appearance were to tie the manga to the anime in order to make it clear that the entire Boruto anime is canon. SP didn't want any of their episodes to be-considered filler this time.

Also my stance on her hasn't really change since I saw her in the anime as well. She is SP attempt at making the Hinata they always wanted. They clearly hated the fact that Hinata was only made the heroine at the last minute, that all the moments they made for her are considered filler, and the movie that was suppose to glorify Hinata is hated in Japan. This time they clearly want people to fall from her from the start by making her the first villain of Boruto to give her prominence, allowing them to flesh her out early, and making her the perfect moe girl by putting all common traits into one girl. 

The problem with that is; Bolt and Salad's stories/goals are more tied together then even Naruto and Sakura ever were. After the chunin exam Bolt makes it clear his goal is to be come the next supporting shadow in order to support Salad when she become Hokage Also its been made very clear since then both of them have feeling for each other. If they honestly try to pull what they did in Naruto they will kill the IP.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 06 August 2018 - 01:24 AM.

#2433 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 03:32 AM

The problem with that is; Bolt and Salad's stories/goals are more tied together then even Naruto and Sakura ever were. After the chunin exam Bolt makes it clear his goal is to be come the next supporting shadow in order to support Salad when she become Hokage Also its been made very clear since then both of them have feeling for each other. If they honestly try to pull what they did in Naruto they will kill the IP.

Well Bolt can decide to be with Sumire at the last minute and abandon Salad like how Sakura abandoned Naruto, creating a parallel.

#2434 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 10:48 PM

The anti boruto tumblr is full of hate right now , apparently because in the recent filler episode , chouchou can use the butterfly technique that chouji use without any risk. It's vague but from what i read it looks like when she use that technique she become skinnier and her skin turn light. And apparently this pissed off a lot of black people , they said that it's racist / racism , because when shes fat and black nobody likes her but when she use that butterfly technique and she become skinnier and lighter the fans like her. There's no image or screenshot so i don't really know for sure how she looks like , but if i have to guess : when she use that butterfly technique she basically become sexy pretty skinny and shes no longer black , her skin is white .... could be wrong but once again they piss off their own fans , nice job SP.

Edited by Yyubie, 06 August 2018 - 10:53 PM.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#2435 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 12:31 AM

Well Bolt can decide to be with Sumire at the last minute and abandon Salad like how Sakura abandoned Naruto, creating a parallel.

The thing is they don't want that to happen again. What they want is for the Clone to be made the heroine earlier then that so they glorify her throughout the story instead of the last minute justfication they did with Hinata.

The anti boruto tumblr is full of hate right now, apparently because in the recent filler episode chouchou can use the butterfly technique that chouji use without any risk.It's vague but from what I read it looks like when she use that technique she become skinnier and her skin turn light. And apparently this pissed off a lot of black people, they said that it's racist/racism, because when shes fat and black nobody likes her, but when she use that butterfly technique, and she become skinnier and lighter the fans like her. There's no image or screenshot so i don't really know for sure how she looks like, but if i have to guess: when she use that butterfly technique she basically become sexy pretty skinny and shes no longer black, her skin is white... could be wrong but once again they piss off their own fans, nice job SP.

I seen a video with her recommended to me a few times...From what I recall she did look a lighter shade of Brown then normal. She looks like an Indian Ino. *Looks up* OK. She is paler in that image then I recall still isn't white but some weirdly sick pale tan thing...moving on.

Well of course she was going to offend them sooner or later. Either as a fat black woman or when she started using the butterfly technique. 

Of course Yyubie. Remember, all these kids are super geniuses. In fact, they are so great most of them already mastered all their parents' techniques instantly without training with none of the drawbacks before they even entered the academy. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 07 August 2018 - 02:37 AM.

#2436 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 12:37 AM

The thing is they don't want that to happen again. What they want is for the Clone to be made the heroine earlier then that so they glorify her throughout the story instead of the last minute justfication they did with Hinata.

I seen a video with her recommended to me a few time...From what I recall she did look a lighter shade of Brown then normal. She looks like an Indian Ino. *Looks up* OK. She is paler in that image then I recall still isn't white but some weirdly sick pale tan thing...moving on.

Well of course she was going to offend them sooner or later. Either as a fat black woman or when she started using the butterfly technique. 

Of course Yyubie. Remember, all these kids are super geniuses. In fact, they are so great most  of them already mastered all their parents' techniques instantly without training with none of the drawbacks before they even entered the academy. 

All power ups are handed to them instead of learning them through hard work. Once more Pierot doesn't give a crap about hard work. I feel sorry for Naruto and Lee or any weak character that had to trained their asses off to become strong. 

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#2437 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 12:49 AM

The anti boruto tumblr is full of hate right now , apparently because in the recent filler episode , chouchou can use the butterfly technique that chouji use without any risk. It's vague but from what i read it looks like when she use that technique she become skinnier and her skin turn light. And apparently this pissed off a lot of black people , they said that it's racist / racism , because when shes fat and black nobody likes her but when she use that butterfly technique and she become skinnier and lighter the fans like her. There's no image or screenshot so i don't really know for sure how she looks like , but if i have to guess : when she use that butterfly technique she basically become sexy pretty skinny and shes no longer black , her skin is white .... could be wrong but once again they piss off their own fans , nice job SP.

:laughcry: TICKING TIME BOMB!!!!!!!! Just like I said!!!!! :th_yeah: Gosh I wish they will shoot themselves in the foot more :umm:  :lulz:  :chuckle:  

#2438 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 01:27 AM

:laughcry: TICKING TIME BOMB!!!!!!!! Just like I said!!!!! :th_yeah: Gosh I wish they will shoot themselves in the foot more :umm:  :lulz:  :chuckle:  

They're trying to appeal to a group/fanbase that they don't fully understand as well as being from a different culture background; of course they going to constantly offend them! Especially with Millennial, and their need to be offended. The only reason they haven't been doing so recently is because they were doing the chunin exam again -which most of those jackass were seeing for the first time apparently-. Now, we are back to SP ideas which from what I recall; were constantly triggering their fans.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 07 August 2018 - 04:56 AM.

#2439 hisaberpie

hisaberpie

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 04:48 PM

To be honest, i wish they would throw away the entire next gen ino-shika-chou trio. But yeah, chou chou really takes the cake for the most annoying. I saw the clip of her transformation but didnt find that much of a difference in her skin color although i do think turning her into this beautiful girl was pretty conceited. For god sakes, they made boruto blush at her!

#2440 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 05:30 PM

I'm not going to watch the scene and I won't, but it sounds straight up offensive. The whole point of that obnoxious character is that she has great self esteem despite being a fat minority, and her confidence makes her attractive. You can't then transform her into someone who actually IS attractive because then she's just ugly, because she's fat and black, and everyone prefers her attractive form. Major screw up.

Edited by DrK, 07 August 2018 - 05:30 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users