#1 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 01 May 2009 - 04:32 PM

The American film studio Warner Brothers has acquired the rights to adapt Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata's Death Note supernatural suspense manga series into a live-action film. In the manga, a teenager finds a notebook with which he can put people to death by writing their names. He begins a self-anointed crusade against the criminals of the world, and a cat-and-mouse game begins with the authorities and one idiosyncratic genius detective. In the proposed film version, the main character is described as a college student, and the story will cover the first three of the 13 manga volumes.

Vertigo Entertainment (no relation to DC Comics' Vertigo imprint or the United Kingdom's Vertigo Films) revealed last year that it was developing a remake with screenwriters Vlas and Charles Parlapanides. The two brothers remain attached to the project. Vertigo's Roy Lee (The Lake House, Shutter) and Doug Davison (Dark Water, The Lake House), Lin Pictures' Dan Lin (This Side of the Truth, Sherlock Holmes), and Brian Witten (executive producer of Final Destination, 2009's Friday the 13th) are also attached as producers. The manga has already been adapted into three live-action films and one television anime series in Japan.

Vertigo Entertainment has developed or is developing remakes of Ju-on (The Grudge), Dark Water, Nankyoku Monogatari (Eight Below), Siworae (The Lake House), Infernal Affairs (The Departed), Gin gwai (The Eye), Shutter, My Sassy Girl, Jungdok (Possession), Sigaw (The Echo), and Janghwa, Hongryeon (The Uninvited). The Parlapanides brothers were writers and executive producers of Undercover, an update of the 21 Jump Street television series which was under development for The CW network. They also wrote the War of the Gods film (in pre-production) for Relativity Media and Live Bet for Universal Pictures.

Sauce

They would only do up to Volume 3? Then there would have to be a sequel because volume three deals with the 'fake L', and all then that. And then Misa is introduced at the end. The last scene could be the glimpse of Misa? Though I doubt Warner Bros. cares much about that.

Anyway, my actor choices!
Light: Zac Efron
Light's Dad: Gary Oldman
Ryuk: James Woods's Voice
Watari: Morgan Freeman
Misa: Miley Cyrus
L: Joe Jonas
Matsuda: Shia Labeouf
Mikami: Cillian Murphy

SAY HELLO TO LIGHT:

#2 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 04:58 PM

and so it begins...

#3 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 05:18 PM

!^&!^#&!^#!

STOP RUINING MY MANGA!!!!!!!!!

/caps

Edited by Cloud, 01 May 2009 - 05:19 PM.

#4 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:25 PM

Wow... I can actully see Zac being light...

Has the world come to and end? or I am just losing my mind...

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#5 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 01 May 2009 - 10:47 PM

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

RAGE
I am still pinky-ash

#6 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:35 PM

I think they showed a Death Note trailer in Wolverine Origins, my friend told me.

#7 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:59 PM

Wait, isn't there already a live action death note? done by the Japanese? I swore I saw it in walmart.

or are we doing the godzilla thing here?(bring me the worm guy!)
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#8 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 02 May 2009 - 12:18 AM

They made 3 movies, the first 2 were loosely based on the manga, and the 3rd was an original story.
\

#9 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 02 May 2009 - 01:17 AM

god no just no please let Death Note rest in peace please just Please before we get little high school Zac efron fans acting like Anime Fans. I just hope they don't trun this in to another Dragon Ball evolution movie.

I just hope that It wont turn out sucky like Dragon ball evolution

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 04 May 2009 - 12:16 AM.

#10 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 02 May 2009 - 02:04 AM

Why God? Why? arg.gif

uc.png

#11 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:45 AM

....I don't understand all the negativity.

This is Warner Brothers, the studio that pulled off the "unfilmable" Watchmen. If they get a good director, I can see this being a success.

#12 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 02 May 2009 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE (Daniee @ May 1 2009, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
....I don't understand all the negativity.

This is Warner Brothers, the studio that pulled off the "unfilmable" Watchmen. If they get a good director, I can see this being a success.

Let's just say its Dragon Ball Evolution induced paranoia.

uc.png

#13 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 03 May 2009 - 09:06 PM

I don't understand Ryrine's post...is it actually "(God, no, just no et cetera...)"?

#14 TheBugNinja

TheBugNinja

Sasuke's mortal enemy

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:anime, basketball, and writing.

Posted 03 May 2009 - 09:39 PM

Last i checked, The Ring was a Japanese movie re-done for American audiences, and it was still very good.

I was telling everyone the second death note came out in manga form that it would be made into an American feature film, the same was Ringu was. The story is just too freakin good, and it lends itself very well to the American audience.

Edited by TheBugNinja, 03 May 2009 - 09:41 PM.

I'm not cynical- I'm right.

#15 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ May 3 2009, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't understand Ryrine's post...is it actually "(God, no, just no et cetera...)"?

Yeah I was half a sleep when I wrote that post I edit

#16 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:50 AM

Oh boy. This won't end well. Film adaptions of japanese anime rarely do, especially when Americans are the ones doing them.

QUOTE (TheBugNinja @ May 3 2009, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Last i checked, The Ring was a Japanese movie re-done for American audiences, and it was still very good.

Eh, I thought it was alright, but nothing spectacular. It doesn't really hold up on repeat viewings. After the initial "woah" first watch is over, you go to the second and start noticing plotholes. Not a bad film, but I wasn't completely enamored with it or anything.
bd5.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users