RideBack

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:41 PM

I decided to experiment with some anime, and I've just watched the first episode of this anime:

RideBack

Plot Summary:
In a future world where an organization called the GGP has taken control of the world, Rin Ogata was a promising up-and-comming ballet dancer, but suffered a serious foot injury and decided to quit. Years later in college she comes across a club building and soon finds herself intrigued by a transforming motorcycle-like vehicle called a Rideback. She soon finds that her unique ballet skills with balance and finesse make her a born natural on a Rideback.

ANN info

Animesuki torrents

Comments:
It starts slowly, building up the backstory, but the moment Rin gets onto the Fuego (a specially tuned scarlet RideBack), I was captivated! Seeing her elation made me smile. biggrin.gif The animation is good, and the 3D bikes look great without looking out of place amongst the hand-drawn characters/sets. So far, this series definitely feels fresh and original. I'll definitely be checking out more of this series!

#2 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:25 PM

When I first started watching it, I didn't really like the way the characters were drawn, what with the blush on face and all that. But the bike bit was just awesome. XDDDDD

So yeah, started following it. tongue.gif
You try to know everything , yet in the end, you truly understand nothing ....
Wilson's fanfic account : weixuan18

Witness teh awesomness that is Deidara Lover!!! <3

#3 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:19 PM

Character Designs --Click here to view--

Hmm, I can understand what you mean - the characters won't be everyone's cup of tea. I like the designs for Rin, Tamayo, Suzuri (even though she fangirls WAY too much XD; ), and that club advisor guy. That said, I really don't like the design of Shoko. It's the hair/fang.

Episode 2 Comments --Click here to view--

Not a very packed episode, but I like how Tamayo and Rin are shaping up as characters so far. happy.gif It seems we're going to get a proper rideback race coming up very soon! I thought Rin improved a bit too fast, but hopefully it will be a little more realistic next time. I wonder how Suzuri will shape up as a rideback racer, and will we see that club advisor take on a bigger role? The animators have definitely given him that unapproachable air, and maybe there's more to him than we've been led to believe so far.

EDIT:
Episode 3 Comments --Click here to view--

Good episode. smile.gif Seems there's a clue there's more to Rin's skills than just her ballet background. I bet the mysterious rideback "hero" is her father.

#4 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:08 PM

Sounds interesting. but there IS already one anime with computer-operated motorcycles.

Yugioh 5ds

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#5 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Jan 31 2009, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds interesting. but there IS already one anime with computer-operated motorcycles.

Yugioh 5ds

But are they transforming robot motorcycles? happy.gif

#6 hokuten

hokuten

I am CLUTCH.

• Kage
  • 8,014 posts
  • Interests:EHRGEIZ: God Bless The Ring!

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:30 AM

Okay I'm getting a feel for it, and I like the concept. But for some strange reason it feels like IGPX... XD

sushiset1_shrimp.gifHard-Gay-animated-sprite.gif
"Shiny. Let's go be bad guys."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users