Congratulations to HisshouBuraiKen!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:27 AM

I just had to give him a shout, after reading the news on Mangahelper's front page. smile.gif

HisshouBuraiKen becomes a professional anime translator - for Eyeshield 21! --Click here to view--

A short while back Hisshouburaiken mentioned on his translator page that he got a killer gig translating anime. I asked him to give some more details but at the time he wasn't allowed.

But now that his project has been released he was able to give me more info! Apparently he's one of the two new translators for the anime Eyeshield 21! So one of our own translators is part of the new collaboration going on with TV Tokyo and Crunchy Roll!

When asked how he feels about making it into the big leagues for translators he said:

QUOTE ("HisshouBuraiKen")
It's indescribably satisfying to be able to translate professionally, but I never would've gained the experience and notoriety (or perhaps infamy) necessary to get this job without the resources and support of the MangaHelpers community. A million thanks to everyone who helped this site, and me, achieve as much as we have.

So that goes out to all of you who's helped support the translators on the site with your appreciation! With our help we can help make those dreaming to get into the professional field a possibility too!

As someone who has enjoyed Hisshou's excellent translations on various manga series such as Naruto and ES21, I'm delighted to hear this news! The man deserves to be paid for what he loves doing. a_dance.gif

#2 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:11 PM

I send my congratulatory sentiments as well. He's a great translator and I enjoyed his work when I read YuYu Hakusho as well as his Naruto translations.

Kudos to him to finally get paid for his hard work wink.gif

#3 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:34 PM

That's awesome! Congrats to Hisshou! happy.gif

#4 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:37 PM

Hissou does awesome translations! Congrats to him of finding a job he loves doing! :thumbs:

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#5 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:44 PM

Oh wow... this is great news! HisshouBuraiKen have been providing awesome translations for some of our favorite mangas so it's wonderful for him to be able to make it big!

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#6 Kitsune-Arashi

Kitsune-Arashi

Kitsune-God

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Movies, Anime, Martial Arts,Games, and hanging out with my friends

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:24 AM

CONGRATS!!! i really dont know you but it appears that your hard work has paid off keep up the good work.
"I got lost on the road of life"
-Hatake Kakashi

Image by YumeChan23 (http://yumechan23.deviantart.com/)

#7 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 05:59 AM

That's awesome news! I've always appreciated and enjoyed his translations for Naruto.

Congrats (in case he ever comes around)!

#8 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:10 AM

Yayyyyyyyy!

Hisshou finally gets paid for his awesome work. I remember him telling how he was always underpaid and unappreciated sometimes for his work. D:

Now it's all paid off! Awesomeness!

Keep up the good work, I say. He translates/translated a lot of our favourite manga series!

#9 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:30 AM

Wow, congrats. smile.gif

#10 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:09 AM

Interview posted at MH, if anyone wants to read.

http://mangahelpers....ls/139#comments

(I would have edited my other post since I'm the last one to post in this thread before, but it wouldn't have updated the last post date for the thread, and left it wallowing down here at the bottom.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users