#1 alucard

alucard

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Interests:computer, games, anime, manga and alot of random things:D

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:36 AM

I thought we had seen the worst with chowder, adventures of the flapjack, total drama island, and the death of toonami. I guess I was wrong...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6teen

Not entirly sure if this has premired already but I just saw a commercial about it going on tomorrow. I feel so bad now......

#2 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:40 AM

Cartoon Network will die in a year I'm calling it.

uc.png

#3 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:40 AM

It's a Canadian program. I see no wrong with it. And the children love it, so I don't see why you're disliking it. I'm Canadian and I like to see effort from Teletoon promoting Canadian spirit with cartoons.

#4 PhantomCat

PhantomCat

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:45 AM

Far I could tell I am never watching Cartoon Network again! I 'm still not over the fact toonami is never coming back on!

But that me! I can't speak for the people.

Edited by PhantomCat, 05 November 2008 - 02:48 AM.

#5 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:52 AM

QUOTE (alucard @ Nov 4 2008, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought we had seen the worst with chowder, adventures of the flapjack, total drama island, and the death of toonami. I guess I was wrong...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6teen

Not entirly sure if this has premired already but I just saw a commercial about it going on tomorrow. I feel so bad now......

This is an old show that's re-premiering on CN. I like it as I also like Total Drama Island, as I also like Code Lyoko and Totally Spies. All these Canadian made shows to me are cool, so I don't see the need for the hate.

#6 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:52 AM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Nov 4 2008, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I second this.

#7 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Nov 4 2008, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is an old show that's re-premiering on CN. I like it as I also like Total Drama Island, as I also like Code Lyoko and Totally Spies. All these Canadian made shows to me are cool, so I don't see the need for the hate.

Code Lyoko, I think, was French in origin.

Total Drama is a re-premiering as well. It was such a failure, that they're already making a season two set to begin this month in Canada. I believe it's also doing very well on CN. I like Total Drama Island, and 6teen is decent. It doesn't sound like you have even watched it Alucard.

#8 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Nov 4 2008, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Code Lyoko, I think was French in origin.

Total Drama is a re-premiering as well. It was such a failure, that they're already making a season two set to begin air this month in Canada. I believe it's doing also very well on CN as well. I like Total Drama Island, and 6teen is decent. It doesn't sound like you have even watched it Alucard.

Exactly. I don't see why all this hate is going to it. I've seen a bit of 6teen, I find it fairly well done.

#9 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Nov 4 2008, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ Nov 4 2008, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I second this.

There will always be a want and need for cartoons, and just because it may not show the cartoons you want to see anymore, doesn't mean that there aren't tons of others who enjoy watching what's on. If your 'prediction' came true, then where would we watch Naruto. Or Bleach. Or Code Geass. Or Star Wars Clone Wars. Or Chowder. Or any of the other shows that are all still doing well on CN.

I call bust on your prediction.

#10 PhantomCat

PhantomCat

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:05 AM

One question did 6teen premire in US and if did could anyone tell what day it is?

Because if a good show then I'll watch it.

Code Lyoko was a good show but I only watch a little of Total Drama.

#11 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE (PhantomCat @ Nov 4 2008, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One question did 6teen premire in US and if did could anyone tell what day it is?

It used to be on Nickelodeon, and it's an amusing show. Not too great, not too bad, just an amusing show to watch if there isn't much else on, as it has decent laughs and entertainment value happy.gif

#12 PhantomCat

PhantomCat

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:22 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Nov 5 2008, 03:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It used to be on Nickelodeon, and it's an amusing show. Not too great, not too bad, just an amusing show to watch if there isn't much else on, as it has decent laughs and entertainment value happy.gif

Thanks!
Back on topic!

Not all the cartoons are bad! biggrin.gif

Edited by PhantomCat, 05 November 2008 - 03:24 AM.

#13 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Nov 4 2008, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There will always be a want and need for cartoons, and just because it may not show the cartoons you want to see anymore, doesn't mean that there aren't tons of others who enjoy watching what's on. If your 'prediction' came true, then where would we watch Naruto. Or Bleach. Or Code Geass. Or Star Wars Clone Wars. Or Chowder. Or any of the other shows that are all still doing well on CN.

I call bust on your prediction.

In less than a year Cartoon Network will be anime free, they've already gotten rid of One Piece, Death Note and Toonami and say they don't have plans to air Episodes of Naruto past 220. It's only a matter of time.

uc.png

#14 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:55 AM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Nov 4 2008, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In less than a year Cartoon Network will be anime free, they've already gotten rid of One Piece, Death Note and Toonami and say they don't have plans to air Episodes of Naruto past 220. It's only a matter of time.

They'll only go under this theory if anime is the only thing keeping it alive, which probably isn't true. I don't know the specific ratings, but as often as they show reruns of Total Drama Island, I imagine it's doing very well. The same with Chowder. Death Note is finished, there is nothing new to show, unless the want to show the Live Action movies. It wouldn't be unusual if they eventually started showing reruns, which they are doing now with FMA.

As far as I know, Naruto was doing well, so I still expect them to pick it up when Shippuden gets licensed. At this point, Shippuden isn't licensed. I didn't think alot of it's anime was doing all that well, except for Death Note, Naruto, and Bleach.

#15 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 05 November 2008 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Nov 4 2008, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (Nate River @ Nov 4 2008, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Code Lyoko, I think, was French in origin.

Total Drama is a re-premiering as well. It was such a failure, that they're already making a season two set to begin this month in Canada. I believe it's also doing very well on CN. I like Total Drama Island, and 6teen is decent. It doesn't sound like you have even watched it Alucard.

Code Lyoko is from France. So was Totally Spies! which both shows I definitely loved when they were airing in the US. I think the only cartoons were made by Canadians were Atomic Betty (another good cartoon) and Johnny Test (still airing). However, excluding of Chowder (which I haven't watched recently), these shows airing right now are bad. And I watched one episode of Total Drama Island and I think it's a piece of garbage. It's crossing cartoon with reality TV.

Now in regards to Naruto, it will be continued since it's the one of the anime that is doing well on the channel along with Death Note anf Bleach (and I might include FMA and Inuyasha because I kept seeing reruns, though I'm not sure if they are still running on Adult Swim recently.)

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#16 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 05 November 2008 - 05:25 AM

Well there is always Boomerang to watch. I personally think that the new shows in Cartoonnetwork suck IMO, but I hope they don't CANCEL every show that becomes popular. SRSLY

(ex. Foster's Home, Billy and Mandy, Ed Edd n' Eddy, Powerpuff Girls, etc.)

Now I just totally gave up on Cartoonnetwork after they "cancelled" The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. That was one of my favorite shows too. :'( So was Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi lol.

.......Maybe I should try out the new shows before I start judging them.

LOL when is Cartoonnetwork gonna show the PPGZ Anime?

Edited by Ashley, 05 November 2008 - 05:28 AM.

I am still pinky-ash

#17 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Nov 4 2008, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cartoon Network is a staple station. It's like NBC, VHI, MTV (which incidentally doesn't even play music anymore, and is still around). And without CN, where do you think all of those companies that want to sell and hawk all their goods like Nerf guns, the latest action figures, videogames, moon shoes, Razor scooters, and everything else would advertise? Nick? The Disney Channel? Puh-leaze >.>

So, once again I am calling a big bust on your so-called prediction.

#18 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Nov 5 2008, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cartoon Network is a staple station. It's like NBC, VHI, MTV (which incidentally doesn't even play music anymore, and is still around). And without CN, where do you think all of those companies that want to sell and hawk all their goods like Nerf guns, the latest action figures, videogames, moon shoes, Razor scooters, and everything else would advertise? Nick? The Disney Channel? Puh-leaze >.>

So, once again I am calling a big bust on your so-called prediction.

Let me make this clear, I don't want Cartoon Network to die I grew up watching that channel it allowed me to watch some of the classics I was deprived of during my childhood. But those days are gone now they got rid of Toonami, their highest rated block of animation for the last 10-12 years and while every now and then they do come out with something new thats great (Most of Genny Tatrodovsky's work, Justice Leage and JLU, Teen Titansm Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Space Ghost Coast To Coast, Robot Chicken etc.) they make some moves that make me go 'huh?' (airing live action shows, the aforementioned termination of Toonami etc.). I used to watch Cartoon Network almost religiously but now its almost dead to me.

uc.png

#19 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Nov 5 2008, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let me make this clear, I don't want Cartoon Network to die I grew up watching that channel it allowed me to watch some of the classics I was deprived of during my childhood. But those days are gone now they got rid of Toonami, their highest rated block of animation for the last 10-12 years and while every now and then they do come out with something new thats great (Most of Genny Tatrodovsky's work, Justice Leage and JLU, Teen Titansm Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Space Ghost Coast To Coast, Robot Chicken etc.) they make some moves that make me go 'huh?' (airing live action shows, the aforementioned termination of Toonami etc.). I used to watch Cartoon Network almost religiously but now its almost dead to me.

That's fine. I only took up issue with your random 'prediction'. I mean honestly, have you ever even heard of a station being canceled? huh.gif

I mean just look at the Lifetime channel. Does anyone even watch that terrible excuse for so-called 'women's' television, and it's been alive and kicking for years, and will probably continue to be alive and kicking, and spewing out horrible ass movies for many more years to come >.>

#20 Sakura~Kitsune

Sakura~Kitsune

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Location:The Forgotten Borough formerly known as Staten Island!
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Roleplaying, Magical Girls, Anime/Manga, Video Games, Music, Friends/Family, and Food!

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:18 PM

Channel stations begin to change with the time, basically.

They usually decide what they think is best for people today, and although there are times when their decisions aren't the very best, it's known for all stations to take part in this decision. Even though Cartoon Network has changed (and loads of other channels, mainly cartoon-wise) do you really think that people are going to stop watching? Sure, most of the dedicated viewers from years before will be disappointed... but there are times when you should try giving some sort of chance. If you can't enjoy what's airing on Cartoon Network as it is, you can turn to Boomerang or even wait for certain holidays on CN (such as Halloween and Christmas) - because it's known to air specials of the older shows. No matter what we think about Cartoon Network, they're going to continue to change. simply because they're trying to stick with the years. In my opinion, the children of today (should I be included in this?) tend to vary in liking different shows because they're not used to what we love. I mean, it's rare to see someone younger than me freak out if they saw an 'ancient' episode of Powerpuff Girls or Dexter's Lab on TV.

For the new shows on Cartoon Network, I'm good with Chowder (it's simply adorable - and you can't help but love the characters) and 6Teen is a pretty decent show. Rather than the cartoon / reality show crossover, it's something that people can possibly enjoy. Plus, it seems that Adult Swim is still getting good views, and their Saturday Lineup continues to change (I believe they're showing more anime and more reruns). From what I recall, Adult Swim is re-airing FMA, Ghost in the Shell and few other old favorites.

Edited by Sakura~Kitsune, 05 November 2008 - 10:18 PM.

tumblr_n9ki6ltPXZ1qai1u2o1_500.gif

No matter how dark it is, you’re not alone you know?

The moonlight is shining on us

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users