Close
Photo

Toradora!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
115 replies to this topic

Poll: Who are your favorite characters? (21 member(s) have cast votes)

Favorite Characters!

1. Ami Kawashima (6 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. Minori Kushieda (6 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

3. Ryūji Takasu (13 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

4. Taiga Aisaka (14 votes [35.90%])

Percentage of vote: 35.90%

5. Yūsaku Kitamura (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote

#41 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:37 AM

You've now created another fan of this series, True. XD

This is my first time watching a series like this, and I think the characters and story are very interesting. happy.gif Taiga's very amusing, too!

#42 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 24 November 2008 - 06:30 PM

Hehehehe I've been pimping the series quite a bit to get people into the anime XD Glad to see I got my boss to enjoy it as well! wink.gif
Episode 8 Spoilers. --Click here to view--
I have to say episode 8 was by far my most favorite episode released. It had its usual dosage of humor which was delivered right on spot, but it was also was a good strong emotional one as well. It explored well into Taiga's insecurity about herself and her own personal internal conflict and I liked how Ryuuji was always there to help her. Her whole ordeal about not being able to swim and the tribulations she had to go through with it was very well done in the anime. And the fact that she wasn't doing it for her pride, Ami, Kitamaru, but more so to impress Ryuji (which is subtle, but if you watch carefully enough you can tell) was very nicely done.

Also my respect level for Ryuji rises with each episode because he's such an admirable guy and gentleman. The way he is always looking out for Taiga no matter how rude/mean she may be to him, and also that one scene where he took care of his mother (who I love XD) just really makes his character outshine.

And the swimming contest started off hilarious with Taiga's usual tactics but got emotional when Ryuuji was drowning and Taiga had her outburst. I was actually in shock and awe when she yelled "Ryuuji is mine!" and was amazed at the scene. It was quite emotional and really struck out to me. Even when Taiga played it off at the end with the whole master/dog relationship I think its obvious we know that its just a facet to hide how she really feels. I even think Ryuuji notices when he has a smirk on his face. The dynamic and relationship between the two is coming along nicely and is well played.

Also I updated the first post with torrents from AnimeYoshi for Episode 1-5. They are the best quality subbers for the anime, but they tend to take a while before releasing episodes so in the mean time I pick another group that does a decent job as well (usually Aero or GG subs).

Episode 9 looks like to be a lot of fun with the crew going to hang out at the Ami-chan's Villa. Looking forward to it!

#43 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Interests:I am the bone of my Anime<br /><br />Marathoning is my body, and coffee is my blood<br /><br />I have watched over a thousand series<br /><br />Unknown to sleep<br /><br />Nor known to society<br /><br />Have withstood migraines to watch many episodes<br /><br />Waiting for the new season's arrival<br /><br />I have no regrets, this is the only path<br /><br />My whole life was Unlimited Anime Works

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:25 AM

True, GG subs dropped Toradora 3 weeks ago. tongue.gif

#44 Deidara Lover

Deidara Lover

★ VOCALOID GURU

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:09 AM

Hehe.

I just saw the first episode.

I think it's a good series. x] So far I like Ryuuji and Taiga, but Ryuuji just a bit more. There's something about a guy who can cook, clean, and do all that stuff.... tongue.gif

=D Yay for Kugimiya Rie! And is it just me, or does Ryuuji sound really familiar? ><

LOVE IS WAR,

#45 Sheryl Nome

Sheryl Nome

Galactic Fairy

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 08:28 PM

Episode 9 was great. It seems that ToraDora! just keeps on getting better and better. There was significant development for Ryuuji and Minorin. I really enjoyed the scene where Ryuuji and Minorin compared ghosts to love, and I wish Ryuuji and Minorin could end up together, but there's no way because of Taiga. The funniest scene was definitely the part where Ami tricked Ryuuji, Ryuuji went blubbering to Taiga, and Taiga described Ami . A close second was the dances Kitamaura and Minorin performed, followed by Kitamura, Ryuuji, Minorin, and Taiga's greeting to Ami.

Edited by Sheryl Nome, 28 November 2008 - 08:41 PM.

art done by ?, graphic by KiNA@animesuki

avatar credits go to heart_of_manga@lj

#46 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 29 November 2008 - 04:04 PM

Both the Ryuuji x Taiga and the Ryuuji x Minorin pairing had some nice development this episode happy.gif

Poor Ami is left out tongue.gif
I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

#47 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Interests:I am the bone of my Anime<br /><br />Marathoning is my body, and coffee is my blood<br /><br />I have watched over a thousand series<br /><br />Unknown to sleep<br /><br />Nor known to society<br /><br />Have withstood migraines to watch many episodes<br /><br />Waiting for the new season's arrival<br /><br />I have no regrets, this is the only path<br /><br />My whole life was Unlimited Anime Works

Posted 29 November 2008 - 04:17 PM

Ami-chan will get her moment sooner or later. After all, Ami-chan is cute~

#48 Deidara Lover

Deidara Lover

★ VOCALOID GURU

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 05:58 PM

RyuujixAmiiii<3

-shot-

The beginning of episode 9 was ROFLMAO. xD I lol'd.

LOVE IS WAR,

#49 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:09 PM

Ino has good taste. =P

#50 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (Tohno Shiki @ Nov 24 2008, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True, GG subs dropped Toradora 3 weeks ago. tongue.gif

Yeah totally forgot about that XD; Some of the DDL's are still GG, but now its only Aero, AniYoshi, CoalGuys and Paradym that look like good subbers.

-

Now for episode 9. Really this anime just keeps getting better and better with each episode. The humor is on spot, the emotional scenes are well done, and there was so much character development was packed into this episode. I enjoyed the shifting of focus to Ryuuji and Minori dynamic and how Taiga helped set up a plan to get them together. The primary focus on Minori's character was very well done. I like how we got to see an alternate side of her beside hers hyperactive/bubbly side. She seems to have a deeper and more inquisitive part of her outside of her exuberant exterior. The metaphor with the ghosts was a wonderful comparison of love. Love is really like a ghost. People talk about them all the time and whether they can spot them. But there are only a few people who can actually see them and those are the ones who know what love is. It was very good and poetically written. I like Minori's character even more than before now after this episode.

Funniest scenes:
1)The dog dream in the beginning.
2)The train station scene with with wacky Minori and Kitamaru
2)The shower scene with Ami, Ryuuji, and Taiga.
3)Naked Kitamaru and Minori going 'black hair thing' XD

Also the scene near the end with Taiga and Ryuuji was such a nice sweet piece that expands well on their relationship. While they feel nervous and uncomfortable around their love interests, with one another they are comfortable to the point of a nice serenity. It's a good representation of an actual couple in that they can enjoy one another's company without having to actually do something. They can just sit there and enjoy each others companies. And at the end where Taiga spoke about how the dream may actually be possible hinted majorly towards their relationship. It shall be interesting to see how they actually end up with one another at the end.

Also I know it feels like Ami-chan is being 'left out' so to speak, I think later on she will possibly play a wild card role in getting Ryuuji and Taiga together. I really like how she tends to spice up things and make for interesting scenarios. Seriously I like her so much as well <3 XD

Also Taiga in a ponytail =

#51 Deidara Lover

Deidara Lover

★ VOCALOID GURU

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (Tohno Shiki @ Nov 29 2008, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ino has good taste. =P

=P

Lawl.

RyuujixAmi = OTP
RyuujixTaiga = #2
RyuujixMinori =#3
KitamuraxMinori = =D

lololol. I support all. ;D

...I just noticed that Kitamura's seiyuu is the guy who did Hayato in Shakugan no Shana. xD

LOVE IS WAR,

#52 Nikko

Nikko

Lady Perv <3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Interests:sewing, sleeping, drawing, tasty food, video games, manga/comic booking, anime, and music

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:11 PM

GIVE ME LINK TO EP 8 TORRENT YOU JERK!!!

In the forums, ad blocking your signature.

#53 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:49 PM

Here you go Nikko! Hope you enjoy XD

#54 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 03 December 2008 - 06:37 AM

Taiga = Tiger in Engrish laugh.gif
I am still pinky-ash

#55 Nikko

Nikko

Lady Perv <3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Interests:sewing, sleeping, drawing, tasty food, video games, manga/comic booking, anime, and music

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:00 PM

ilu True~

In the forums, ad blocking your signature.

#56 Sheryl Nome

Sheryl Nome

Galactic Fairy

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 04:39 AM

Aah~another great episode this week. Much development for RyuujiXMinoWIN once again. I couldn't help but feel sorry for poor Taiga and slightly Ami (but she got to spend a lot of time with the Dragon this episode) in the end. ( I am still evil and do not want her to end up with Ryuuji, however. XD)
art done by ?, graphic by KiNA@animesuki

avatar credits go to heart_of_manga@lj

#57 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 05:38 PM

Ami is too much fun. The bit where she scared Takasu by saying they were lost was too much. laugh.gif

#58 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:36 AM

Loved the latest episode. XD I really like the dynamics between the group of friends, and this episode definitely made me laugh out loud a few times! Favourites would definitely be Ami's shower tease (poor Ryuuji got completely OWNED), and the Ryuuji/Minorin scene. It was really interesting to see a different side to Minorin, one where she wasn't all happy-happy-hyper. Ami continues to interest me, she can be quite cruel but there is that little glimmer of something in her personality. Every time I try to grasp it, it seems to slip away like water.

That scene between Ryuuji and Taiga was also very nice and comfortable. They're so at ease hanging out with each other. smile.gif

#59 Deidara Lover

Deidara Lover

★ VOCALOID GURU

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:37 PM

All I have to say is...

YES!

I got my beloved RyuujixAmi/RyuujixMinorin moments. :3 Looking forward to the next episode.

LOVE IS WAR,

#60 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:16 PM

Episode 10

Haa I have no idea why but I can't get enough of that moment in series like these that the Tsundere is starting to fall for the main char happy.gif

Taiga's expression at the ending of the epiasode was just that biggrin.gif

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users