Close
Photo

Toradora!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
115 replies to this topic

Poll: Who are your favorite characters? (21 member(s) have cast votes)

Favorite Characters!

1. Ami Kawashima (6 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. Minori Kushieda (6 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

3. Ryūji Takasu (13 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

4. Taiga Aisaka (14 votes [35.90%])

Percentage of vote: 35.90%

5. Yūsaku Kitamura (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote

#21 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 17 October 2008 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (Lelouch Vi Britannia @ Oct 17 2008, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why is she Ayu now? laugh.gif

And to be honest, the bits I look forward to most are the parts where Minorin speaks. Everything she says is just so exaggerated it tickles. Wonderful seiyuu.

Same voice actress laugh.gif And I dunno...Minori is so damn hyper all the time...it would be funny if she'd say it sometime tongue.gif
I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

#22 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Interests:I am the bone of my Anime<br /><br />Marathoning is my body, and coffee is my blood<br /><br />I have watched over a thousand series<br /><br />Unknown to sleep<br /><br />Nor known to society<br /><br />Have withstood migraines to watch many episodes<br /><br />Waiting for the new season's arrival<br /><br />I have no regrets, this is the only path<br /><br />My whole life was Unlimited Anime Works

Posted 17 October 2008 - 03:10 PM

Really? I didn't notice at all.

And if she said uguu I would fall over. It's just not suitable for her at all. laugh.gif

#23 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 18 October 2008 - 07:54 PM

Holy crap was episode three just complete filler? After like the first few minutes I was like "uh I don't think I remember this XD"

Oh and I have to agree. Minorin just feels so different from the manga/novels. She's a complete burst of energy in the anime and its like I have to keep up with her. I had this weird moment where I wanted Ryuuji to end up with her for a moment XD

And damn it the OP is almost as annoyingly addicting as Carmeldansen. I've listened to it a like a million times now T_T

Lol I'm looking forward to the next episode. Really enjoying it so far.

#24 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Hockey, Drawing (even though I suck something awful), Photography, Video Games, etc.

Posted 19 October 2008 - 10:51 PM

I'm pretty sure that if I get a bird, I'm naming it Inko-chan.

Best parakeet evar.

#25 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 22 October 2008 - 09:09 PM

I liked episode 4 happy.gif They kept Taiga more in character again (less abusive) than episode 3 and they've animated some minor yet important novel scenes.

And as expected...this episode was focused mostly on Kitamaru and Taiga, while episode 3 was more about Minorin and Ryuuji.

And next episode, finally
Ami makes her appearance =3
I can't wait to see most of novel 2 animated

I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

#26 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Hockey, Drawing (even though I suck something awful), Photography, Video Games, etc.

Posted 22 October 2008 - 09:16 PM

Where you getting the eps, Danny? I can't find them on mininova...

#27 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Interests:I am the bone of my Anime<br /><br />Marathoning is my body, and coffee is my blood<br /><br />I have watched over a thousand series<br /><br />Unknown to sleep<br /><br />Nor known to society<br /><br />Have withstood migraines to watch many episodes<br /><br />Waiting for the new season's arrival<br /><br />I have no regrets, this is the only path<br /><br />My whole life was Unlimited Anime Works

Posted 24 October 2008 - 02:40 PM

Taiga is tsuntsun one episode and deredere the next. It's bordering on MPD. laugh.gif

I wonder if Ami-chan makes her debut next episode.

#28 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE (Zatren6 @ Oct 22 2008, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where you getting the eps, Danny? I can't find them on mininova...

Here you go. First post is updated as well.

Direct Download:

Torrent:

Taiga-chan was awesome as usual in this episode. So tsundere, so perfect XD

#29 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 02:45 PM

Thanks True

#30 Nikko

Nikko

Lady Perv <3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Interests:sewing, sleeping, drawing, tasty food, video games, manga/comic booking, anime, and music

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:17 PM

BASTARD!!!! You never told me the manga scan cut off at only chapeter 12, I WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!!!!

Edited by Nikko, 30 October 2008 - 07:21 PM.

In the forums, ad blocking your signature.

#31 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:31 PM

Nikko, you could always read the light novels on Baka Tsuki. They've gone way past chapter 12 of the manga.

Episode 5 was great. Ami-chan's debut!

#32 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (Nikko @ Oct 30 2008, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BASTARD!!!! You never told me the manga scan cut off at only chapeter 12, I WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!!!!

LOL I know how you feel. When I finished the twelfth chapter I was like "NOOOOOOOOO WHAT WILL I DO NOW?" XD

Well at least the anime is still releasing weekly.

Episode five is out!

It was a fast download for me and only took a few minutes. A lot of seeders out there for this anime. I haven't watched it yet, but I'm sure it will be good with Ami-chan's appearance!

#33 Sheryl Nome

Sheryl Nome

Galactic Fairy

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 07:38 PM

I was so glad when Taiga slapped Ami; next episode will be even more satisfying!

Also, MINORIN IS WIN. XD
art done by ?, graphic by KiNA@animesuki

avatar credits go to heart_of_manga@lj

#34 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:33 AM

Wow...2 volumes in 6 episodes. How insanely fast.

Anyway, Ami-chan was great this episode. While there was a lot of material that wasn't covered, I still think that the stalker thing was done pretty well. Although they could have made him look a little more intimidating.

#35 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 08:22 AM

/True curses up many many many obscenities.

GOD DAMN IT STUPID CLIFF HANGER! Seriously Taiga-chan catching Ryuuji and Ami in such an 'interesting' position (Did I see some fanservice in that scene with Ami-chan! <.<) and then they end the episode right there? God damn it you bastards I wanted to see Taiga-chan's reaction!!

Well overall I'd say though the anime lacks plotwise, the characters are really what makes its a great series. Honestly, Taiga, Minorin, and Ami all have unique personality and character traits that make them appealing characters. I also like Ryuuji who's a pretty cool guy himself. Overall, still enjoying the series greatly!

Direct Download: Episode 6 <-- this is super fast. Only took me literally a minute to download.
Torrent: Episode 6

#36 Sheryl Nome

Sheryl Nome

Galactic Fairy

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 08:39 PM

I loved episode 6. It was my favorite so far. I think what sets Taiga apart from other "tsunderes" is the fact that she's actually funny. No wonder she and Minorin are best friends.

Also, Ami actually seemed like a good character this episode; it was awesome when she kicked that stalker and broke his camera. The next episode should be interesting since we know Ami is going to tease poor Taiga while swimsuit shopping.
art done by ?, graphic by KiNA@animesuki

avatar credits go to heart_of_manga@lj

#37 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 10 November 2008 - 04:46 AM

Chapter 13

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#38 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:57 PM

Another good episode I must say. I really found it interesting as they explored into Taiga's insecurity about her chest size. It exposed us into a part of her softer side inside her hard/strong outer exterior. Also Ryuuji is quite the gentleman. I really like how hes a nice morale guy who does his best to help out. I lol'd hard when he called Taiga flat chested though XD

^This was such a hilarious moment XD

The little rivalry between Ami and Taiga is a great dynamic. I really like Ami's character and how they've developed her persona so far in the last few episodes. Even if she tends to be mean to Taiga I still really like her. And of course Minorin continues with her usually bouncy self. Next epsiode looks good as they continue on the focus between Taiga and Ami. I really like both Ami and Minorin a lot, but man Taiga has soooooo much more fanart its ridiculous! Still a great cast of characters.

Also I've noticed that the anime hasn't really worked much on the relationship between Taiga/Ruuji. From the novels it seems that Taiga has gotten jealous of Ryuuji on quite a few occasions, but the anime seems to be holding off on it and focusing more on subtle development. Oh well I guess they'll progress it over the remaining 18 episodes.

Looking forward to the next episode!

#39 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 04:37 AM

Wow.

I clicked on True's sig by accident, and led me to this.

So far, this is a good series. I'm downloading episode 4 as we speak. biggrin.gif

#40 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:32 PM

Freestyle combat!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users