Close
Photo

Toradora!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
115 replies to this topic

Poll: Who are your favorite characters? (21 member(s) have cast votes)

Favorite Characters!

1. Ami Kawashima (6 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. Minori Kushieda (6 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

3. Ryūji Takasu (13 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

4. Taiga Aisaka (14 votes [35.90%])

Percentage of vote: 35.90%

5. Yūsaku Kitamura (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote

#1 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE ("information about series")
A retail promotional ad for April books from ASCII MediaWorks' Dengeki Bunko imprint has announced that Yuyuko Takemiya's Toradora! light novels will be animated. The artist Yasu illustrates the novels. In the story, second-year high school student Ryūji Takasu is a sweet, ordinary boy shunned by others because his face looks like a troublemaker's. He bumps into Taiga Aisaka, a tiny but ferocious girl also shunned — even by her own family — as the "Handheld Tiger." Their love-hate relationship begins in spite of (or perhaps because of) their shared burden of being ostracized outcasts.

As also announced in the ad, the seventh novel will ship this month. There is already a spinoff novel called Toradora! Spinoff! Kōfuku no Sakura-iro Tornado (The Cherry-Blossom-Colored Tornado of Happiness). The novels won Kadokawa's 2007 Light Novels Awards for Best Romantic Comedy in September. A manga version debuted in last September's issue of MediaWorks' Monthly Dengeki Comic GAO! magazine, but will be moving to Monthly Comic Dengeki Daioh magazine this month after the former magazine ceased publication. Kadokawa Shoten just merged its ASCII and MediaWorks subsidiaries on April 1, the beginning of the Japanese fiscal year.

QUOTE ("synopsis")
Toradora!'s story begins with the male protagonist Ryūji Takasu who is frustrated at trying to look his best as he enters his second year of high school. Despite his gentle personality, his eyes make him look like an intimidating delinquent so he is utterly hopeless about his chances of getting a girlfriend anytime soon, and does not have many close friends either. After being greeted by his hungover mother in the morning, Ryūji goes to school and is happy to find that he gets to be in the same class as his best friend Yūsuke Kitamura and crush Minori Kushieda. However, it is then that he unexpectedly knocks into "the school's most dangerous animal of the highest risk level" — Taiga Aisaka — who just happens to also be in his class, and is a good friend of Minori.

Taiga has a negative attitude towards others and will not hesitate to snap at people. After meeting Ryūji, she takes an instant dislike of him. Taiga comes from a rich family, though she moved out to live on her own due to family issues, and by coincidence is now living in an apartment next door to Ryūji. After Ryūji discovers that Taiga has a crush on Yūsuke, and Taiga finds out about Ryūji's affections towards Minori, Ryūji suggests that they cooperate so they can win the object of their affections. Ryūji says he will do anything to get closer to Minori, which Taiga exploits, making Ryūji her personal servant, and getting him to do household chores like cooking and cleaning for her. Taiga spends a lot of her time over at his house, so much so that she could almost be considered a member of his family. Since Ryūji spends a lot of time with Taiga, he is opened up to her world and to a side of her that most people do not see. The two also attempt to help each other in order to improve how people view them. Unknown to them, however, people they know from school start to become curious about their strange relationship together and rumors begin to spread about them.
Manga:

Anime:

Direct Download:

Torrent:

The anime is set for 25 episodes.

So far I'm really loving this series. The dynamic between the two main characters is really fun and interesting and I can't wait to see it get developed more. I'm up to date with the manga and the first episode of the anime was done quite well. I'm looking forward to a release on both of them. If your a fan of the Tsundere genre then you'll easily love the series.

#2 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:18 AM

Agreed, ive only seen the first episode and i still think its epic biggrin.gif

#3 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:25 AM

Tsundere~~

I think the 1st episode was pretty good. LOL Kugumiya Rei does her Urusei thing from Shakugan no Shana. It's pretty cute even if the bird looked retarded. laugh.gif

It's also MOE! love.gif
I am still pinky-ash

#4 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:41 AM

I was hoping that they'd make an anime of this series. I've read a bit into the light novels and I'm really liking this story and the dynamic between the two main characters.

Loved the first episode =3

Kugimiya Rie voicing Taiga is a good thing as well tongue.gif She voices my favourtie other tsunderes as well: shana from Shakugan no SHANA, Louise from Zero no Tsukaima and Nagi from Hayate no Gotoku.

I'm looking forward to more happy.gif
I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

#5 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:28 PM

If you've caught up with the anime and manga and still want to read more, Baka-Tsuki has up to Volume 2 of the light novels translated.
QUOTE ("Update Status")
  • September 2, 2008 - Volume 4 Chapter 1 completed.
  • September 12, 2008 - Volume 4 Chapter 2 completed.
  • September 26, 2008 - Volume 3 Chapter 2 completed.

Toradora! light novels

I think I might eventually break down and read the novels like I did with Full Metal Panic! because the story is really quite fascinating and I'm impatient with the manga and anime release. This series is actually getting quite popular really fast and lives up to the Tsundere genre. I hope more people will catch on to it!

Oh and also Taiga-chan > Louise in both personality and looks.

Edit: fixed broken link.

#6 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:20 PM

An interesting manga to say the least.

#7 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:22 PM

Reading the manga, not as epic as Toppa Tengen (which is still in my mind) but acceptable for it being a school thing

#8 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 08 October 2008 - 04:07 PM

I decided to try out the manga as well after reading parts of the light novels and the first anime episode and I have to say that it's pretty good happy.gif

QUOTE (TrueSalvation @ Oct 8 2008, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh and also Taiga-chan > Louise in both personality and looks.

I agree, although I'd say:
Shana-chan > Taiga-chan > Louise-chan tongue.gif

#9 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 09 October 2008 - 03:34 AM

Oh gosh the OP is SO ADDICTING!

I am still pinky-ash

#10 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 09 October 2008 - 05:09 AM

I don't read or watch the series but Lisa does and she won't stop giggling on it.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#11 MelisaArtemis

MelisaArtemis

*Meow*

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:my boyfriend,Narusaku,Ragnarok, Narusaku, Digimon 03, Narusaku fics, Games. have I mention Narusaku?

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:40 PM

TAIGA-CHAN!! whatthekitten.gif luv the manga dun like the anime though they like... cut 1/2 of the whole manga >.>

#12 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 05:32 PM

Episode 2 has been subbed!

Man they skipped out a lot of stuff in the anime. The manga is a lot more hiliarious. Oh well still a pretty decent start. I'm not sure how many episodes it will have but I think a standard 26 is most likely.

#13 Sheryl Nome

Sheryl Nome

Galactic Fairy

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 05:41 PM

I almost made this thread. XD

Anyway, I love Toradora!. I usually don't like tsundere characters like Shana from Shakugan no Shana. But Taiga is so hilarious, and so is Ryuuji. Out of the novel, manga, and anime, I'd have to say I like the anime the most. I think episode 2 was great; they only have 13 episodes so they had to speed it up.
art done by ?, graphic by KiNA@animesuki

avatar credits go to heart_of_manga@lj

#14 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 06:33 PM

Episode was great happy.gif

They sure skipped a lot, but they animated the emotional scenes very nicely. Taiga-chan ftw =3

#15 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 04:24 AM

I watched the first episode and I think I like the manga better than the anime, but after I give it some time I'll probably love them both, either way the story itself is a rare and lovely find, delinquent eyes are the hotness!

Edited by psycho666, 11 October 2008 - 04:27 AM.

#16 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Interests:I am the bone of my Anime<br /><br />Marathoning is my body, and coffee is my blood<br /><br />I have watched over a thousand series<br /><br />Unknown to sleep<br /><br />Nor known to society<br /><br />Have withstood migraines to watch many episodes<br /><br />Waiting for the new season's arrival<br /><br />I have no regrets, this is the only path<br /><br />My whole life was Unlimited Anime Works

Posted 11 October 2008 - 05:46 AM

Great series, I prefer the light novels to the manga though. Before anyone else says a thing, Ami is mine mine mine.

Who needs personality, Ami-chan is cute! ~

#17 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 07:37 AM

Meh, don't like Ami too much lol tongue.gif

3rd episode was okay, but it wasn't as good as the first 2. It was mostly a filler episode and I guess it wasn't that bad, although they made Taiga too tsun, while the tsun and dere were balanced in episode 2. She kinda reminded me of Louise somehow in this episode...guess J.C. Staff loves that character lol.. tongue.gif

Anyways, looking forward to more. happy.gif

#18 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Interests:I am the bone of my Anime<br /><br />Marathoning is my body, and coffee is my blood<br /><br />I have watched over a thousand series<br /><br />Unknown to sleep<br /><br />Nor known to society<br /><br />Have withstood migraines to watch many episodes<br /><br />Waiting for the new season's arrival<br /><br />I have no regrets, this is the only path<br /><br />My whole life was Unlimited Anime Works

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:28 PM

It might not be filler, but material taken from later volumes. Who knows, messing with the timeline is very possible.

If there's something about the anime that stands out to me, it's Minori's seiyuu. I went from being apathetic towards her in the manga and light novels to becoming a fan. She's just so vibrant!

#19 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (Lelouch Vi Britannia @ Oct 17 2008, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If there's something about the anime that stands out to me, it's Minori's seiyuu. I went from being apathetic towards her in the manga and light novels to becoming a fan. She's just so vibrant!

I can't wait to hear her say Uguu!~ XD

But yeah, I didn't like her too much in the novels, but the added voice and animation made her more interesting happy.gif

#20 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 03:02 PM

Why is she Ayu now? laugh.gif

And to be honest, the bits I look forward to most are the parts where Minorin speaks. Everything she says is just so exaggerated it tickles. Wonderful seiyuu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users