• This topic is locked This topic is locked
84 replies to this topic

#41 Fallen_Angel

Fallen_Angel

Shadow Jester

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Email me to find out: a little about my interests Swimming and diving are my sports of choice, i love anime, i love movies and video games, my main hobby is writing...love it and love music<br /><br />And my new site: http://wirlescomunity.informe.com/forum/

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:50 PM

I really cant say that this new trailer helps it anymore then it has already hurt itself.
This movie will just be a knock off of some elements of different tv series/movies (Much like a lot of people are going to think of this as another Forbidden Kingdom [for those who havent seen or heard of DB/DBZ] just b/c of the way the movie is shown)

To say the least, it is coming out b4 I leave for Afgan so I dont have to wait to see it. Yeah Yeah I know laugh at me now, but I do believe that most of us here who like DB/DBZ will go to it just to see if they changed it at all since the last preview.
To some I am a Fallen Angel, to others I am the demon of oblivion, I guess the lies are finally found, What will you be on judgement day?

Life is short so best to know what you are capable of. Enjoy the Ride of life and yet keep a close eye on everyone around you. because one day, they could be your saving angel.

#42 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:51 PM

G*DDAMMIT!

Really?! isn't that too hard for hollyowood to try for once, just once to use the real char personalities?! insted of the normal "Im the teenager geek who can somhow kick arse (ala la Kerata kid)" or the "Im the Mr. Miyagi ripoff, let's do some kung fu!"

What's the worst that will happen?! for once, the little kiddies will understand they TOO watched the g*damned show!

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#43 Kirby

Kirby

Kirby ain't hungry right now.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Manga, TV, Reading, Tromboning, Kirby (their vaccuum cleaners are AWESOME &lt;3

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:46 PM

Wow, this movie has just ruined my memories of DBZ (from when I was, like, 4 years old)
. Don't Press the red button

#44 Kag19

Kag19

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:I have a degree in Film and TV and am working on obtaining a masters degree in screen writing. I spend most of my time reviewing scripts at work and at home. Yup, I'm the lucky person who gets to sort through all the submitted screenplays and ends up reading them and providing script coverage to the producers. I enjoy working in development but I hope one day to branch out and work in other areas of production. For example, post production, I love to edit films and I wouldn't mind working on set either. My ultimate goal is to one day become a producer/writer.

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:50 PM

Japan released the trailer on TV. There are several more scenes in this new trailer. Enjoy!

Naruto Live action is here

#45 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 12:10 AM

Wtf is with this "Evolultion" subtitle?

I dunno. It doesn't look anything like the Dragonball I remember, but it could very well be a decent movie in its own right. I wonder why they didn't just call it something else.

#46 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 11 December 2008 - 12:29 AM

Looks like crap.

uc.png

#47 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 12:36 AM

I LOL'D.

#48 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 04:50 AM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Dec 10 2008, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like crap.

I knew you would say that. I must be psychic. wow.png

#49 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Mostly drawing, playing games and watching anime. Normal things, I think.

Posted 11 December 2008 - 05:36 AM

lolz for the destruction of classic anime... oh no, they're also thinking about making a live action macross film! damn you toby maguire!

why yes. that is my adorable sister hugging a dakimura. got a problem?

#50 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:26 PM

Y'know, it could be a decent martial arts/summer action movie, but they decided to slap in Dragonball stuff in it and ruined the memories of anime fans all over the world....

#51 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 11 December 2008 - 11:00 PM

I don't understand all this talk about ruined memories. How easily broken were all your memories if this two-bit, silly movie is going to ruin them tongue.gif

I absolutely refuse to shell out $10+ to see this movie when it comes out, and will just wait for it to come out on satellite or digital cable, because I also refuse to pay any money to buy it when it comes out on DVD. And whenever I eventually do watch this movie, like it or not, my memories of Dragonball will remain perfectly intact :3

#52 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:46 AM

Shauna wins the thread.

#53 Kirby

Kirby

Kirby ain't hungry right now.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Manga, TV, Reading, Tromboning, Kirby (their vaccuum cleaners are AWESOME &lt;3

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 11 2008, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Y'know, it could be a decent martial arts/summer action movie, but they decided to slap in Dragonball stuff in it and ruined the memories of anime fans all over the world....

Yea, I COMPLETELY agree. This would be a really cool martial arts movie, but it fails because the Hair-Gel in America is no where NEAR as effective as the activated-by-angriness-yellow-hair-dye/gel in the DBZ world
. Don't Press the red button

#54 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (Illjwamh @ Dec 12 2008, 04:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shauna wins the thread.

Lol, sank you XD <3~

#55 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 14 December 2008 - 05:18 AM

QUOTE (Auni @ Dec 12 2008, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea, I COMPLETELY agree. This would be a really cool martial arts movie, but it fails because the Hair-Gel in America is no where NEAR as effective as the activated-by-angriness-yellow-hair-dye/gel in the DBZ world

So is that all sarcasm or did you really agree with me? No, seriously, I don't really know if you're being sarcastic or not

#56 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 05:30 AM

Don't know if he does agree, ha, but I will say I do. It does look to have some production value, but it truly is not DBZ, as G.I.N.O. is to Godzilla D.I.N.O. (not to be mistaken with the Flinstone's dinosaur) is to Dragonball. They probably tagged on the evolution to make it seem like they meant to create an otherverse Dragonball. But again... i do hope there's very few scenes where he's in high school.....

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#57 VNgal

VNgal

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:56 AM

By the looks from the trailer, it doesn't seem that the movie follows the plot very well...a bit more sci-fi maybe?

This movie reminds me of The Forbidden Kingdom because (not to be racist) they casted a random Caucasian kid in there to make the movie sell better.

#58 Terrace

Terrace

Ghostbuster

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Interests:Ghostbusters, Naruto, and video games.

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:45 PM

To me, this seems like what would happen to that poor pie from the American Pie movie. Who would eat that thing after the lead did that?
NaruSaku supporter and Ghostbusters fanatic!

QUOTE (Yoshimoto Trigen @ Jan 7 2008, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know there is a bigger chance of me farting lightning then a Harem coupling happening.

If you have attempted a jutsu by performing hand seals or using scrolls, copy and paste this into your signature.

Click Here!

#59 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:56 PM

Lulz, this movie will be epic fail.

#60 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Jan 26 2009, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lulz, this movie will be epic fail.

This movie will be MONUMENTAL fail.

uc.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users